This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    Tame I wish I could give 9 a fair shot but I doubt I'll be able to tune in.There's just not enough for me to tune in.I have always got hooked on my TV Show and kept returning for the characters and not the stories.I left the X-Files when DD left and I'am leaving Jag since David James Elliot is not returning if there is a new Season and
    Spoiler:
    SG-1 is the same with RDA leaving.IMO shows like Law and Order can go on forever since it's Story based and not character based.You can have Burt and Ernie on as the Leads in Law and Order and the Show would still work.Cheers had the best idea.When Ted Danson had enough TPTB ended Cheers.SG-1 should be the same.I'am a Big believer when the Star of the Show had enough then it's time to go home.IMO all shows need that one character you cannot due without and that's RDA for SG-1.Any other Actor you bring in is just a cheap copy no matter how great the Actor may be.SG-1 can still live on in Cable Movies or Direct to DVD Movies.I really do not see the need for another Season.In RL I need to accept changes but with my TV Shows I do not need to accept changes I do not like.
    ses, you don't have to accept the changes. I sure don't. I hate that they have decided to make all of these huge changes to the cast, and the direction of the show, and not just go ahead and rename it. I understand that shows sometimes need to make big changes to stay afloat, but the show will no longer be SG-1 without RDA, not to mention the fact that they have replaced
    Spoiler:
    Hammond, and next season will be replacing Dr Frasier.
    It just isn't the same show, and shouldn't be promoted as such. I know the new ads are even talking about all of the changes, but I for one don't like them. I'd probably have given it more of a shot had they called it another spinoff. I have given Atlantis a fair shake, and was definitely more interested in it because it was a spinoff. SG-1 will become a shadow of it's former self, and I suspect it will dwindle off quickly. JMHO

Comment

Tame I wish I could give 9 a fair shot but I doubt I'll be able to tune in.There's just not enough for me to tune in.I have always got hooked on my TV Show and kept returning for the characters and not the stories.I left the X-Files when DD left and I'am leaving Jag since David James Elliot is not returning if there is a new Season and
      Spoiler:
      SG-1 is the same with RDA leaving.IMO shows like Law and Order can go on forever since it's Story based and not character based.You can have Burt and Ernie on as the Leads in Law and Order and the Show would still work.Cheers had the best idea.When Ted Danson had enough TPTB ended Cheers.SG-1 should be the same.I'am a Big believer when the Star of the Show had enough then it's time to go home.IMO all shows need that one character you cannot due without and that's RDA for SG-1.Any other Actor you bring in is just a cheap copy no matter how great the Actor may be.SG-1 can still live on in Cable Movies or Direct to DVD Movies.I really do not see the need for another Season.In RL I need to accept changes but with my TV Shows I do not need to accept changes I do not like.
      LOL about the Bert and Ernie part!But very true about the character-drivenness of SG.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
        ses, you don't have to accept the changes. I sure don't. I hate that they have decided to make all of these huge changes to the cast, and the direction of the show, and not just go ahead and rename it. I understand that shows sometimes need to make big changes to stay afloat, but the show will no longer be SG-1 without RDA, not to mention the fact that they have replaced
        Spoiler:
        Hammond, and next season will be replacing Dr Frasier.
        It just isn't the same show, and shouldn't be promoted as such. I know the new ads are even talking about all of the changes, but I for one don't like them. I'd probably have given it more of a shot had they called it another spinoff. I have given Atlantis a fair shake, and was definitely more interested in it because it was a spinoff. SG-1 will become a shadow of it's former self, and I suspect it will dwindle off quickly. JMHO
        The quickie teaser ad for S9 surprised me. I didn't expect they'd advertise the changes so soon. I know I'd be wondering if I was a casual viewer WTH they meant by
        Spoiler:
        "Meet the New Team."
        Especially if the original configuration was what got me hooked and kept me watching.
        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Spoiler:
          Ses, you're amazing. This feels like you wrote exactly what was in my mind. As far as I'm concerned, X-Files had seven seasons, and Stargate SG1 will have eight. Period. Anything that came afterwards was another show.

TPTB should have ended it after S8, and it was their major mistake that they had to squeeze every last drop of blood out of that stone. Well, I'm bled out.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Ditto Mary.IMO you can tell when a Show should hang it up.The X-files and sadly SG-1 missed the huge flashing Neon sign because they got blinded by the Dollar signs.I understand Hollywood wants to make Money but move on to other projects when you have to make major cast changes and your Show has been on for 8 Years what is the point?I'am getting real tired of seeing these sports figures hang on way past there prime for the Money and Shows are no different.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
              Sorry if I missed replying to your post on S/J, Sally! Please don't take it personally. I've been deleting all the M2 posts because I got tired of listening to them all saying how *wonderful* it was. To me, it was the absolute antithesis. And if you reply and say otherwise, you get chastized and told how wrong you are. If it wasn't for the fanfic, I'd have been off that list long ago.
              Oh, no probs, Mary. The way I worded it, anyways, was kinda silly. And as for the list... why do you think I spend so much time 'here'?

Sally
              Last edited by majorsal; 27 March 2005, 07:52 PM.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                Personally I believe the fact that the Alternate Sam & Jack..doing what they did....made ALL the difference in how Sam & Jack related at the end
                How? And I mean that as a real question, because another shipper friend of mine said the same thing.

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks SS.I hope I made people laugh a little with the Bert and Ernie comment because IMO
                  Spoiler:
                  SG-1 has been very sad as of late.I was very serious about the Law and Order comments.Some Shows are made to last through Major cast changes and some are not.Shows build on stories can have pretty much any Actor as the leads.Jack is my favorite folowed by Sam.I tuned in each week to see what happened to Jack and also the Sam and Jack Ship.I liked Daniel and Teal'c as well but Jack was the key.I think the Sam character is great and AT is great as well but IMO Sam needs to have Jack around.RDA and the Jack character make Sam Daniel and Teal'c and the whole Show so much better.You need one character to be the glue for the whole show and IMO that's Jack.

Comment

Kri your right on target with your post.TPTB are kidding themselves and others if they think this is the same Show.
                    Spoiler:
                    SG-1 will never be the same without RDA.TPTB should change the name of the Show.TPTB are also kidding themselves when they say the Jack character will still be a Big part of what goes on at the SGC.Sam Daniel Teal'c and everyone else can mention Jack every episodes and it's not even close to having RDA on the Show.I still find that comment Laughable by TPTB.I'am suppose to tune in everyweek because Jack's name may be mentioned.

Comment

Kri your right on target with your post.TPTB are kidding themselves and others if they think this is the same Show.
                      Spoiler:
                      SG-1 will never be the same without RDA.TPTB should change the name of the Show.TPTB are also kidding themselves when they say the Jack character will still be a Big part of what goes on at the SGC.Sam Daniel Teal'c and everyone else can mention Jack every episodes and it's not even close to having RDA on the Show.I still find that comment Laughable by TPTB.I'am suppose to tune in everyweek because Jack's name may be mentioned.
                      Spoiler:
                      i think the show can still go now with out jack oneill. i mean look at season 8 jack was bearly even there and i still loved every ep. hopeful ben bower chartcter well be good. we well all just have to wait and see but i am sure there well be some people who well stop watching beacsuse theres no RDA but the show well be diffent i agree with you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam fan
                        Hey everyone and happy easter it's nice to see people getting back to normal- this is what the shipper thread is meant to be like. Still waiting for news on amanda's baby- i guess he/she really likes it in there- it just wants to stay!
                        Again if you guys could have alook at a few of these sigs and tell me which one you lke best!? thatw ould be really helpful- also the're nice to look at. lol.

http://tinypic.com/2dj803

http://tinypic.com/2dj8s0

OKay, lol there they are tell me which is you're fave and also as i said it's csoemthing nice for you guys to look at.
                        xxx
                        I can't make up my mind which one I like the best, but I've got a question about two of them. In the two I left above, which ep(s) are those Sam pics from?

Sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence

As for ship, I didn't expect too much from Moebius.
                          Spoiler:
                          Then I wasn't disappointed by what I've seen. Though I admit I was squeeing when AT Sam and Jack kissed ! Ok there were not "our" Sam and Jack, but IMO it means they would have been together for a very long time if there hadn't been regs to keep them apart. And we still have the fishing scene in the end. At least, they didn't erase that part
                          spoilers for s8's moebius 2
                          I agree!
                          Spoiler:
                          even though it was between the alt sam and jack, we got a great glimpse of what 'our' sam and jack would have been like if it wasn't for the regs. and the alts got to live out the rest of their lives together, which i think wouldn't have been 'that' horrible for this group because they weren't that happy where they came from. hmmm... i wonder if the alt sam and jack got married? or had children?

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            spoilers for s8's moebius 2
                            I agree!
                            Spoiler:
                            even though it was between the alt sam and jack, we got a great glimpse of what 'our' sam and jack would have been like if it wasn't for the regs. and the alts got to live out the rest of their lives together, which i think wouldn't have been 'that' horrible for this group because they weren't that happy where they came from. hmmm... i wonder if the alt sam and jack got married? or had children?

Sally
                            Well I guess that depends on how different
                            Spoiler:
                            AU Sam is from our Sam... because OUR Sam was scared she'd squish a bug and change the future...so I imagine her stance on children would have been rather strict...

Hey I'm a loyal advisor to the system lords now! Über does a silly happy dance and is glad no one can see her right now...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

anubis you have every right to your opinon but I'am very suprised you loved every epiosde of Season 8.I though
                              Spoiler:
                              It's Good To Be King was the best episode and the only epiosde from Season 8 I can watch many times.I though there was no great episodes from Season 8 and most of the episodes were disappointing.The last great episode IMO was Lost City.I also think while Jack was hardly in the episodes he was still in every episode and that's alot better than Jack being in only 2 episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

What ep are these facepics from, shimmeringstar?

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X