Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can I find Carmen A.'s comments about who he thinks would be the best for Sam? I've looked a bit(probably not thoroughly enough) in GW for it, but didn't see any CA interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      It was interesting listening to the audio commentaries for Lost City, when they're discussing Sam/Jack and when they first noticed it. I think RCC said it was the scenes from Out of Mind with Jack looking at her back and of course the hall scene...and of course Into the Fire with the hug...and with that scene, he said when they were watching the playback that they were like "well wait a minute now!"

So it's neat to see that this is where they (TPTB) felt the definite vibe between Sam and Jack...
      Yeah!!!

I was mentioning something about that earlier... It was like they were saying that RDA & AT were actualy responsible, in the way that they decided to play all those scenes (him looking at her back... the way she reacted when he pulled her into him when they were hiding from the Jafa in the hallway... the hug & etc)... It seemed as though they were saying that stuff wasn't scripted.... RDA & AT started it all & then they (TPTB) decided to run w/ it (& drag it all as looooooong as possible & toture us w/ angst galore... LOL) after that...

But I still say the sparks flew from the very begining (from the 1st meeting in the briefing room) ...
      Take care & God bless...
      ~Roxanne T (Vallejo, CA-USA)

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."
      -Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, US Air Force
      (Richard Dean Anderson, Stargate SG-1)

***Stargate fan for life! But I'll still miss Jack/RDA!***

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
        I have been a Sam/Jack shipper since I started watching SG1 so long ago. And I finally found a safe place to admit to this addiction. I have to agree with Ayowza, there definitely are places it is dangerous to go if you are a shipper. Thank goodness for this thread. I am a true believer that Sam and Jack will eventually get together.

We were told at the Vancouver Con that RDA asked that Jack O'neill not be written out so he could come back at a later date. So there's always Hope!
        Yeah, LadyJeep... I know what you mean... I'm so happyto have found this place . I wish I would have found it sooner (& started posting sooner)... I've noticed how crazy some of the non-shippers can get... I'm mean geesh!!! It's cool to have different opinions & be able to discuss them openly but some of them get down right hostile!!! Whats up with that?!?!?!?!

I just think that they've (TPTB/the show in general/RDA & AT) have shown over & over that they're (S/J) meant to be together (all the AU & etc...)... I will keep my optimistic view point that they plan on resolving it, in the end... But I think they're gonna milk it for all it's worth along the way (& make us suffer!!!!!!!! UGH )...

That's nice to know that extra info about him asking not to be written out... I guess that it means that he meant to show up again from the get go, eh? Cool!
        Take care & God bless...

sigpic

"I've always found that sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly solves a whole slew of problems."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Quick, email this to TPTB, right now, this instant!!! That's an order! Hop to it?

Well, did you email yet????? (taps her foot)
          yes, ma'am!

i can't rep you, so i'm saying thanks.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Just on the info about them filming with RDA in LA.. I read that too.. it was Michael Shanks.. but for the filmingin LA thing they were talking about scenes for the new video game (which looks frickin awesome!) Stargate: Alliance..

Meanwhile.. I'm hoping they put the ability in the game to have Sam & Jack run off to a tent in some of the missions.... given it'll be co-op and 4 people can go through the whole thing as the 4 team members... tents ahoy!!

And also.. feeling the need to chime in on the when the ship began thing. I took those comments as it started then for those particular people. I think the ship was on the cards from the start. In an old interview Amanda is talking about her audition etc.. she was saying right at the end they got her to stand on the stage with Richard Dean Anderson so TPTB could see what they looked like together. She said they put their arms around each other and she made a crack about it being the swimsuit section (ok I love that story)... my point being.. I think they were casting for Sam & Jack to look good together, which means somewhere in there was the idea of a ship... and lemme tell you they did a damned fine job on their actor choice...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
              I'm hoping they put the ability in the game to have Sam & Jack run off to a tent in some of the missions.... given it'll be co-op and 4 people can go through the whole thing as the 4 team members... tents ahoy!!
              LOL.... Ooooooohhhhhh.... We could make virtual reality scenes that could put some of the PG17/R/whatever rated Fan-Fics to shame ! Bwahahahahahaha *evil laugh*.... Wait! Can I substitute myself for Sam from time to time? JK.. LOL...
              Take care & God bless...

sigpic

Comment

A little code hack here, some manipulation there.... I'm sure it could be done!!

As a PWP/Smutfic writer... I'd be interested to see every damn smut cliche challenged in perfectly rendered 3D environments!!

Originally posted by sg1rox
                LOL.... Ooooooohhhhhh.... We could make virtual reality scenes that could put some of the PG17/R/whatever rated Fan-Fics to shame ! Bwahahahahahaha *evil laugh*.... Wait! Can I substitute myself for Sam from time to time? JK.. LOL...
                sigpic

Comment

I'm still worried that S9
                  Spoiler:
                  will see S/J ship completely, entirely and utterly ignored. As in 'What happened to the Tollans?' 'How's Cassie doing after Heroes?' ignored. I know that a lot of fans may want that, seeing the ship and the twisted path it took through the latter half of S7 into 8 it took with the addition of and the female or being generally against it for various reasons anyway from the start... but I'm not one of them!! I can't stand the thought of us not knowing anything. I know it's better than knowing that they definitely didn't get together, but I think that'll be obvious anyway once Orlin, Bartlett and Joe turn up in the space of a few episodes...

Comment

Originally posted by ayowza
                    Whew! I'm glad I found you guys. I don't post to forums very often, mostly because I tend to be a bit shippy and have found myself getting battered for that. I've just been reading one of the Stargate novels and was really glad that they didn't pretent there was nothing between Sam and Jack. I mean, it was just nice to see then being human about the whole thing.
                    So finally, I think it's not just me. This is great. Now I can sit back and relax instead of being frightened to say a word that might imply something!

Yowza
                    Howdy Yowza!

Imply away - in fact, you can shout it out loud here

Welcome to the Family (((((((hugs)))))))
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      a nice little fantasy played out for me while i was taking a bath. i 'think' this scenario's been done here before, actually, but here goes...

fun seaon 9 speculation

It's Sam's return ep. Sam, Gen Landry, Teal'c, Mitchell, and Daniel are all in the briefingroom, discussing their upcoming mission. As the briefing ends, and everyone begins to get up from their seats, Landry says...

Landry: "So, Colonel, do you want to go by Carter, Carter-O'Neill, or O'Neill?"

Sam's taken aback a moment, and quickly glances at Daniel. She grins, seeing Daniel's frown grow into surprise.

Sam: "Carter will be just fine." She glances at Daniel again and grins more. "For now at least. It'll probably be easier on everyone here anyways."

Daniel: "Uh, Sam.... uh.... "

Sam: "Daniel, close your mouth, it's getting dusty in there."

Daniel: "But-- "

Sam: "I'll explain everything, but in the commissary." She holds up a hand. "Food first, Daniel, then I'll spill the beans." She glances at Teal'c and Mitchell. "Care to join us?"

Mitchell: "Oh, I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Teal'c: "Indeed."

Daniel mumbles.

Sam chuckles.

~~~

I just like the idea of this being sprung on everyone like this, that Sam and Jack got married!

Sally
                      (((Sally))) Who cares if this scenario's been done before? It's one of those classics like that we like to see again and again and again and again.....

Right everyone?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        It was interesting listening to the audio commentaries for Lost City, when they're discussing Sam/Jack and when they first noticed it. I think RCC said it was the scenes from Out of Mind with Jack looking at her back and of course the hall scene...and of course Into the Fire with the hug...and with that scene, he said when they were watching the playback that they were like "well wait a minute now!"

So it's neat to see that this is where they (TPTB) felt the definite vibe between Sam and Jack...
                        Well, they are only men. You have to forgive them sometimes for being slow to spot the ship They only wrote it in COTG

Considering they only noticed in S3, they did pretty well to get so quick on the case for S4. I'm quite impressed. It's just a pity they carry it on ....

*I really need to watch LC commentary *
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 03 May 2005, 12:51 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                          I have been a Sam/Jack shipper since I started watching SG1 so long ago. And I finally found a safe place to admit to this addiction. I have to agree with Ayowza, there definitely are places it is dangerous to go if you are a shipper. Thank goodness for this thread. I am a true believer that Sam and Jack will eventually get together.

We were told at the Vancouver Con that RDA asked that Jack O'neill not be written out so he could come back at a later date. So there's always Hope!
                          Another Newbie I must have missed your entrance into the fray, so

Happy Belated Welcome to the Family

I always like it when someone posts that bit of info. Gives us hope that he'll be back for Season 10 (or 11 ) or at the very least, a few more guest eps in the coming seasons (I remain hopeful that there will be more than S9 )
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, nice to be here.
                            I'm not desperate to see them together so much as I think that once the characters developed in this direction, it added an extra dimension to them. I mean, until then, Sam's character seemed a bit singular, taking on the role as scientist/soldier with no thoughts or feelings beyond what we saw of her in a work environment. I have always seen this 'thing' between them as very respectful, the ultimate compliment to each other as professionals, but when iot comes down to it, a very human thing. The Zaytarc testing brought it home to them, and to us, the viewers. So why the frothing at the mouth by anti-shippers? IMHO it's because they know as well as we do, that it's real, otherwise why object so strenuously and claim it's not? If they didn't see it, they'd have nothing to object to. I think all the frothing is because it *is* there and for some reason they just don't want these characters to be human, they want them to be automated soldiers.

I personally *loved* Moebius. Not the alt Sam/Jack, that was just plain funny, but the fact that she finally did go fishing with him. It doesn't matter that Daniel and Teal'c were there with them, it was just the way they talked, the way they were relaxing. Most importantly, the way Sam was loving every bit of it. I know it's not what a lot of people wanted, but it felt right, comfortable.

Whew! Sorry, just had to get that off my chest, hoping I won't be flayed alive for venturing an opinion!

Ayowza.
                            Yowza

Comment

hello my shipper family,

wow been a long time,i have been away so i have missed you guys so much,but i just haven't had the time to log on!

hope every-one is doing good and welcome to all the newbies that i have missed.

i have been doing the usual when i do have 5 mins and thats watching all me sam and jack moments!

Its funny really i have a similar situation in work at the moment,my manager and i have been close friends in work for over a year,we respect each other as work friends as well as friends outside of work.The last couple of months though we have admitted their are feelings but we can't act on them as it's againest work regs and people wouldn't be happy,but god it's hard!

Now i know how sam and jack feel but they are together nearly every second of the day,plus been working together for 8 years,I just pray that they finally do give in as i think Jack has had enough and wants the love just as much as sam but jack would be the one to move (reduced episodes for RDA).

I have been reading the books of stargate and they are fantastic esp sally reeve,and trial by fire,gives me extra stargate moments.

Does any-body know when sg1 aires in America?

quick hi to CATY and the rest of the gang .

see you later,

WYNTERXX

TRUE LOVE COMES AT A PRICE,BUT IS WORTH IT AT THE END

Comment

No, I agree with you ayowza! I think the best *shippy* moments come when Sam & Jack are just being Sam & Jack... not Col. Carter & Gen. O'Neill, although I love those characters, and would watch them even if there was no ship between them (the whole "will they or won't they" thing does get old, however...). The unguardedness between them in those moments really does give us a better idea of who they are.

I could probably expound and give a more in-depth answer, but it's late & my brain won't function that far...Hopefully this all makes sense!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                                still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                                X