This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    sueKay I was very upset with the never been happier comment as well.I would not be Happy if I was
    Spoiler:
    RDA or some of the other Actors that were on the Show.I understand about trying to drum up interest in the new Season but I though it was a lack of respect to the Actors who are no longer on the Show.Every time TPTB open there Mouth they insert there Foot in there Mouths.IMO all Great Shows have that one character that cannot be replaced and that's Jack.IMO it's wrong to try to continue on without the Star of the Show especially when the Show has been on for 8 Years.Caty made a Great point about the X-Files.As much as I would Love SG-1 to go on forever it not going to happen and when the Star of the Show wants to leave what better Time to end the Show.If Shows learn to end at the right Time it leaves open the chance for Movies.I think when a Show is on too long Fans get so tired of the Show they do not even want to see Movies.I hate to see that happen to SG-1.
    I didn't like that comment either. It sounds too much like they are trying to distance themselves from the previous 8 seasons. But then as they're bringing back old guest stars, it seems kinda contradictory ....

I think TN (sg-1fanintn is too hard to type this late ) had it right when she was talking about manipulating the publicity. They're just trying to drum up interest for S9 as best they can an get us talking. Pretty successful in the talking bit

But I wouldn't take it too seriously. Anything could still happen - and will in the Virtual S9
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
      Just to give you a reference for that cap (hey it might give you some hope) I was watching some of the director's commentaries from the DVDs at the time and either Peter or Martin were explaining how they establish relationships on screen with camera shots and body positioning.

Spoiler:
      My conclusion out of that ep was that they are together... two reasons... hand pr0n and that shot there. In their terms film wise.. that screams that Jack & Sam are together.

Also I'd never seen them in each other's personal space like that without some drastic reason before... interesting neh?

I took the whole new level of familiarity from Sam & Jack in the beginning of Moebius as evidence of a new relationship. But I wanna see the big honkin kiss now!

And you just reminded me... shippiest line ever (ok maybe not but it's a great clue).. "SHE wouldn't let me go back and watch the world series".

Jack was treating her like a girlfriend throughout that whole sequence.. right up to the time shift.

hi, Myrth,

the stuff you have in spoilers tags: was that your opinion, or what peter or martin said? or a combo of both? and if it wasn't peter's or martin's, what exactly did they say about establishing relationships with camera shots and body positioning?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        Ugh! They got the rose that the Spudster gave Sam in Chimera up for auction on Ebay.
        THE rose, or a pic of it? 'cause, uh, like, that rose would be dead by now.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hi Sally

That was my opinion drawn from and interpreting listening to alot of the commentaries from seasons 4 -7 (dang I wish they had em for 1-3).

Without going back and watching/listening to them again it's tough to give you specifics on where I got it from, but two that stand out in my mind as addressing how they use camera shots to establish the relationships on screen are "Divide & Conquer" and "Beneath The Surface".
          Side note: How in love with Amanda is Peter Deluise!?? Not that I blame him
          There are others but I'd have to watch them again as I said.

I see a lot of lines to read between in the ship and I take little of what happens on screen at face value. I highly recommend listening to the audio commentaries.. you find out some surprising stuff and get to enjoy things like Peter Woeste trying to explain the ship to the set decorators... at least I think it was Peter Woeste.. one of those guys!

Can't wait for the season 8 Dvds....

Originally posted by majorsal
          hi, Myrth,

the stuff you have in spoilers tags: was that your opinion, or what peter or martin said? or a combo of both? and if it wasn't peter's or martin's, what exactly did they say about establishing relationships with camera shots and body positioning?

sally
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
            Hi Sally

That was my opinion drawn from and interpreting listening to alot of the commentaries from seasons 4 -7 (dang I wish they had em for 1-3).

Without going back and watching/listening to them again it's tough to give you specifics on where I got it from, but two that stand out in my mind as addressing how they use camera shots to establish the relationships on screen are "Divide & Conquer" and "Beneath The Surface".
            Side note: How in love with Amanda is Peter Deluise!?? Not that I blame him
            There are others but I'd have to watch them again as I said.

I see a lot of lines to read between in the ship and I take little of what happens on screen at face value. I highly recommend listening to the audio commentaries.. you find out some surprising stuff and get to enjoy things like Peter Woeste trying to explain the ship to the set decorators... at least I think it was Peter Woeste.. one of those guys!

Can't wait for the season 8 Dvds....

Season 8 on DVD (sighs dreamily) talk about celebration. It'll be bigger than the party on Abydos after Ra was defeated!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              THE rose, or a pic of it? 'cause, uh, like, that rose would be dead by now.

sally
              It is the rose, it is fake. Just like their relationship.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                It is the rose, it is fake. Just like their relationship.
                An artificial rose? They used an artificial rose? Wow, the symbolism in that alone speaks volumes to me. Now Jack...he would use real flowers.
                -girlgater

Comment

(((((_Anubis))))))

My thoughts are with you and your family. I'm sure that you're grandfather knew that you were there. I remember how devastating it was when I lost my grandparents, so if you need to talk, please PM me.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Well...there's been another computer hold up...

1. They found 60 viruses
                    2. In one program alone, there was 248 pieces of Spyware...so I'm going to have words with the guy who supposedly got rid of it for me.
                    3. My CD burner was completely broken with rust so I need to talk to the guy I got the computer off of.
                    4. A quarter of my hard disk has apparently been unusable since I got my computer, and about half of the program files are corrupted. The guy who's repairing the computer is going to try and fix as many of the files as he can.

I think I may get my compute back in the late evening, but I'm not too sure.

With the virtual season...

ROLLCALL

ADD YOUR NAME

suekay
                    mishy mo
                    LOL4JACK
                    Oma-1
                    Myrth
                    PittburghGirl

...and I'm sure I'm missing people...

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Well...there's been another computer hold up...

1. They found 60 viruses
                      2. In one program alone, there was 248 pieces of Spyware...so I'm going to have words with the guy who supposedly got rid of it for me.
                      3. My CD burner was completely broken with rust so I need to talk to the guy I got the computer off of.
                      4. A quarter of my hard disk has apparently been unusable since I got my computer, and about half of the program files are corrupted. The guy who's repairing the computer is going to try and fix as many of the files as he can.

I think I may get my compute back in the late evening, but I'm not too sure.

With the virtual season...

ROLLCALL

ADD YOUR NAME

suekay
                      mishy mo
                      LOL4JACK
                      Oma-1
                      Myrth
                      PittburghGirl
                      Gatebee
                      ...and I'm sure I'm missing people...

ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
                      added myself SueKay....hope your computer will be ok to start shipping again.

Comment

I was trawling through the archive, and I refound this

OT - http://img19.exs.cx/img19/4534/Teryl...ndIsmaller.jpg I'm the one in the stripy top, Mishy Mo's in Black and Astronomical chick is the one at the back
                        sigpic

Comment

New video " Somewhere" Within temptation

Warning : Extremely beautiful song but Sad here are the lyrics :

Somewhere

Lost in the darkness, hoping for a sign
                          Instead there is only silence,
                          Can't you hear my screams...?
                          Never stop hoping,
                          Need to know where you are
                          But one thing is for sure,
                          You're always in my heart.

I'll find you somewhere
                          I'll keep on trying until my dying day
                          I just need to know whatever has happened,
                          The Truth will free my soul.

Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home
                          I want to embrace you and never let you go
                          Almost hope you're in heaven so no one can hurt your soul...
                          Living in agony 'cause I just do not know
                          Where you are

I'll find you somewhere

Wherever you are, I won't stop searching.
                          Whatever it takes, I need to know.

I'll find you somewhere

Caty

Comment

Just showing off my new sig photo (which conforms to new GW guidelines) and reminding all of you that this is the night to skip the SGA rerun and switch to CBS for the series finale of Jag. Let's rejoice in the happiness that's apparently on the way for this long-suffering military couple...and show TPTB how fans like to be treated!

Comment

I'll stick with SGA. I've never really been a big JAG fan.
                              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Well, I haven't watched it in years myself (I'm a Sci-Fi Friday girl, through and through), although I always liked the characters. But since their ship is supposedly getting resolved tonight, I thought I'd watch on general principles.

Comment

Working...
                                X