This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catysg1

I have decided to start watching JAG for the first time ( never seen it) ..Thank you (((gatebee))) to tell me about How JAG is worth watching ..so may just do that in the meantime

Caty
    uh, caty, i used to watch Jag... and quit because their ship-antics are 10 TIMES WORSE than on sg1!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

(snip)

But what I think happened in Threads was that she realized of course that she didn't want to spend her life with Pete, she really did love Jack; and I think, she was ready to start giving serious consideration to major career changes based on whether or not Jack reciprocated her feelings...
      what do you mean, uber?

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        Yeah, then mail the ashes back to TPTB.
        Just make sure you vid it so we can all join in the fun
        sigpic

Comment

Finally caught up! It only took me 3 days and lots of error messages

There's been some fantastic discussion here over the last few days and I'm really sorry to have missed out. I started to give out jello to everybody and your fantastic posts, but I ran out. (Sorry to everyone I missed )

sueKay - the Virtual S9 sounds like a fantastic idea - I've PM'd you

I completely agree with Lynne - we need to see the moment they get together - how it happens, what they feel - and the rest of the SGC's reaction.

I'd love to see another Jaffa ep with Ishtar and Teal'c chasing down the missing goa'uld's and how the Jaffa Nation is coming along. There's gotta be teething problems and old rivalries cropping up.

I'd love to see Kinsey captured, maybe the Tok'ra could remove the symbiote and Kinsey could be sent mad He sooooo needs to get his comeuppance Jack would *love* that

More Ba'al is an absolute must!!! Rogue - back me up here (he's still MINE though ) It's about time he got caught and the smirk wiped off his face - although not too quickly cos I'm rather attached to it )

The return of the Aschen sounds good - as long as Joe doesn't get to hit on Sam again - maybe he has escaped their evil clutches ans brings with him the woman who helped him escape *whistles...don't know where that idea came from...more whistles*

More characters ...

I'd like to see Thor again, Urgo maybe? He was great .....
          Last edited by Oma-1; 28 April 2005, 06:17 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Please Please Please Please Please Please let's NOT have Laira turn up with a six year old - I don't think my stomach could stand that
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              Please Please Please Please Please Please let's NOT have Laira turn up with a six year old - I don't think my stomach could stand that
              Noooooo!
              -girlgater

Comment

LMAO
                ((((Oma))))
                (no really... no kidding...no Laira!! )

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  Yeah yeah yeah ..We have to bring Jonas back for real , Janet in flasbacks or quantum mirror or AU episodes ..Please not too many shippy scenes between Sam and Jack in AU unless they are married and live together ... I'm sick off AU shippy scenes only but You chose which house?!!!All Sam and Jack shippy scenes mostly in real time please .

We need Cassie back a lot ..She could either be living with Sam and Jack or a house not far away ..with nice boyfriend ..She may even be a member of SGC another scientist for example ..or may be she decided to go to that military school that Sam visited one day and Cassie is now a cadet

and we want Jacob back in flasback..or AU too ..I would not mind Martouff because he was a great character really ..I wonder why they killed him off so early in the show .!!!

Caty
                  I was with you all the way until you got to Martouf. I couldn't *stand* that guy, and would be perfectly happy if I never had to see him again.

BTW, does everybody realize that TPTB manipulated you into liking Martouf?

They did!

My observation is that the percentage of time they have a Tok'ra speaking in his Goa'uld voice is proportional to how much they want or don't want you to like him or her. TPTB know that fans like Tok'ra who let their host do most of the talking, which is how Martouf was. How many times have we actually heard Lantash speak? Very rarely. Jacob also speaks a lot more than his symbiote, although we probably would have liked him anyway because he's Sam's dad.

Now consider the ones they don't want you to like: that spy with the long range communication device, Anise, Garshaw... Those seem to have their snake doing most of the talking, therebye making them less likable to the fans.

Am I crazy, or is this the truth? Think about it!
                  - Mary
                  SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                  Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    WOW....I hadn't realized so many people were in the dole-drums over here.

I am really sorry that so many of the Shipper Family are so sad. I am not really sure how to lend a hand in cheering anyone up, especially when I guess I am one of those icky peoples that is really getting Jazzed about Season 9. As much as I would LOVE to see Sam & Jack have a more prominent role in the season I guess I have finally resigned myself to not having that and have gone on looking for other reasons to be excited about a show I have enjoyed for the last 8 years. Now don't take that as anything other me just explaining my level of *Upness*
                    i think part of the reason you're in such a good place is because you like the replacements. i'm not a fan of farscape, or the actors/characters from it. i'm not an anti fan of it/them, i just didn't give it a try. as much as i'm going to miss RDA, if i found out one of my other hunkcrushes were joining the show, and that an actress i really, really liked was going to be in a few eps at the beginning, i'd be handling this better too. you're lucky, tame.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

sueKay I was very upset with the never been happier comment as well.I would not be Happy if I was
                      Spoiler:
                      RDA or some of the other Actors that were on the Show.I understand about trying to drum up interest in the new Season but I though it was a lack of respect to the Actors who are no longer on the Show.Every time TPTB open there Mouth they insert there Foot in there Mouths.IMO all Great Shows have that one character that cannot be replaced and that's Jack.IMO it's wrong to try to continue on without the Star of the Show especially when the Show has been on for 8 Years.Caty made a Great point about the X-Files.As much as I would Love SG-1 to go on forever it not going to happen and when the Star of the Show wants to leave what better Time to end the Show.If Shows learn to end at the right Time it leaves open the chance for Movies.I think when a Show is on too long Fans get so tired of the Show they do not even want to see Movies.I hate to see that happen to SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                        I am sad my grandfather is dying I can't be with him now. I came from the hospital, he is sleeping but he'll never wake up again, so he won't know that I was there for him
                        oh Anubis, I am so sorry-(((hugs))) trust that your grandpa knew you were there and that you love him. rosemary
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

not gonna happen!
                          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                            I was with you all the way until you got to Martouf. I couldn't *stand* that guy, and would be perfectly happy if I never had to see him again.

BTW, does everybody realize that TPTB manipulated you into liking Martouf?
                            Not me they didn't

I always thought he was kinda creepy. I thought his smile was too false and smarmy (plus he reminded me of someone I was at school with ). It was too weird a storyline with him being the mate of Jolinar - kinda incestuous almost. That's probably not the best word but I can't think of another one

Plus, I think you could be onto something with the voice thing ....
                            sigpic

Comment

Caty I agree.It really sounded like Sam and Jack were a couple.My Shipper Antena's went crazy when I hear that comment from Jack.It will also be interesting to see if Jack talks about Sam in the Season Premiere.I also do not think it's a great idea to bring in BB and CB from Farscape.I also though suekay was right about
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam Daniel or Teal'c being the lead.I would rather have Hailey or Jonas on the Team.I think most Fans would except this more than bringing in 2 Stars from another Scifi Show.I had no problem with DD wanting to work on SG-1 and I have no problem with BB and CB wanting to work on SG-1.I just think most Fans are more comfortable with established characters and it would not be such a Shock to the system.

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                                I am sad my grandfather is dying I can't be with him now. I came from the hospital, he is sleeping but he'll never wake up again, so he won't know that I was there for him
                                So sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                                X