• Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few more

Comment

and more

Comment

and finally

more to come later..I enjoy playing with my laptop !! just ask for an episode or a season and I'll be glad to find some nice pics

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Virtual season.. yay!

While I still have faith in the machinations of the show to give me what I want (I'm known as miss positive in some parts) the idea of a virtual season makes me quiver

Virtual seasons redeemed Voyager for me (not even goin there.. let it go.. they don't care) after the hatchet job they managed to pull at the end.

Also I think in Threads that Sam's development arc came to fruition in a lot of ways. It takes a lot of courage to look at your life when it's set up to go the way hers was and say.. no I don't want this, I'm not going to be happy like this. If she'd chosen to settle.. she would have made herself be content... and that's what appeals to me about the journey they sent her on with Pete. Sam getting to know herself.. delving into parts of her we previously hadn't seen. It all rounded her out as a person for me. I love Sam Carter... she has strength and integrity, compassion and most importantly for me.. realism (ok her number of skillsets borders on ludicrous but hey genius right?). I love her even more for her fallacies and failings. She tried something.. it wasn't right for her.. she had the strength to fix it. And I do think she's in love with Jack and I think she knows that, but more importantly I think she realised in Threads that anything else would be a settle. So that just makes their situation beautifully poignant and a little hopless (god I love the forbidden) and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I come from the SVU fandom and beleive me when I tell you, this ship is being handled really really well. I think the people in charge have made a lot of clear efforts to give us what we want without damaging the appeal of the show. Gotta remember they're playing to a wider perspective. I have faith (given the subtle crumbs that have been thrown our way) that it isn't done and dusted yet.

I'm gonna sit back and see what happens in s9...... but in the meantime virtual season ahoy!

Well said Myrth. I haven't been a shipper that long, and granted I'm living in a fantasy world, seeing the ship through rose colored glasses, etc., but I can't help but believe that TPTB will give us what we want. It may not be the full-blown wedding/open relationship that we all want, but still...I think we will get something. Be it a honkin' kiss, or just a few telephone calls with RDA coming back for a S9 finale. We'll get something. I know that the writers have done the one step forward, two step back kind of thing over the years in regards to the ship, but with RDA cutting back, they'll hopefully give us some resolution to demonstrate that Sam and Jack are in fact together--as a couple. I can't say I trust TPTB, but being realistic, they have to consider their fan base.

The new characters really do not interest me at this point, but I'm willing to continue to watch Sam especially because she is such a great character. IF, and I said IF, I get attached to the new characters, great. If not, I'll probably still continue to watch the show for potential shippy episodes between Sam & Jack. Remember...RDA didn't want to be written out or killed off the show. Jack will still be there, and where there is Jack, there will be Sam.
          -girlgater

Comment

((((((((( lonely star )))))))) thank you for those lovely pics of Sam and Jack as we remember them so well. I am low right now as well about S9. TPTB have pulled my chain soo far. I think they have broken my faith on them making our ship come true. It is a pity cause it was a nice ride while it lasted. goes back to watching dvd's

Comment

Ohh Pics! See I'm still trying to work out the rules here <g>

I have a bunch of caps in my gallery you're free to nick if you like, they're genearlly HD digital caps http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gallery

Er they are my caps too.. and there will be more.. I keep getting distracted by the shiny DVDs and forget to cap em
              sigpic

Comment

Great pictures lonely_star and Myrth. Just what the ship doctor ordered!
                -girlgater

Comment

Ok.....let me put my media relations thinking cap on. Remember that the goal is to always show your best face, and to use hype to build interest (i.e., the worst movies often have the best trailers. They do well the first weekend; then, word of mouth and actual viewer reaction shoot them down).

So.....if I were running scared because I lost my male lead and my female lead was going to miss the first six episodes of the new season, I would:

1. Try to shore up the cast with favorite actors from the same genre;
                  2. Pander to the easiest-to-retain demographic (18-25-year-old males) by selling with sex;
                  3. Talk at every opportunity I could about how great the new season was going to be and
                  4. Keep the dedicated fan base guessing about the fate of the beloved (and missing) characters.

By golly, that's some media plan! I could make that work!!! I think that's what they're doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                    Ohh Pics! See I'm still trying to work out the rules here <g>

I have a bunch of caps in my gallery you're free to nick if you like, they're genearlly HD digital caps http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin/gallery

Er they are my caps too.. and there will be more.. I keep getting distracted by the shiny DVDs and forget to cap em
                    you have some very good there !! I can't resist to put some here and share them with the family so let's say thanks to MYRTH guys !!!! (((((Myrth))))

]

Comment

and the masterpiece :

THANKS MYRTH !!!

(((((MYRTH)))))

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        Ok.....let me put my media relations thinking cap on. Remember that the goal is to always show your best face, and to use hype to build interest (i.e., the worst movies often have the best trailers. They do well the first weekend; then, word of mouth and actual viewer reaction shoot them down).

So.....if I were running scared because I lost my male lead and my female lead was going to miss the first six episodes of the new season, I would:

2. Pander to the easiest-to-retain demographic (18-25-year-old males) by selling with sex;
                        3. Talk at every opportunity I could about how great the new season was going to be and
                        4. Keep the dedicated fan base guessing about the fate of the beloved (and missing) characters.

By golly, that's some media plan! I could make that work!!! I think that's what they're doing!
                        you know-you do have a point-but seeing as how they managed to royally screw up and us in the doing-i find it very hard to trust them.
                        Spoiler:
                        -i just think that whatever we got in 8 is what we got and to hold out any hope of anything remotely related to s/j-i dunno
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

No worries

That last one is so damn adorable.. I can't stop staring at it on the wall...... it's like The Light.. someone slap me!

Oooh I should say though that I was seriously impressed with Legends... I bought it from them through www.stargateautographs.com and I was really impressed with the service. I had to back order the pic.. but they kept me up to date via e-mail and when it did come in only took a week to get here (I'm in Australia). Plus my money went to RDA & AT's charity of choice. So if anyone's thinking about it, I highly recommend them.

Annnd just to throw one of my fav caps into the mix.... she's so damn cute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                            you have some very good there !! I can't resist to put some here and share them with the family so let's say thanks to MYRTH guys !!!! (((((Myrth))))

http://img259.exs.cx/img259/2269/woo1ub.jpg

When was this picture taken? What was it for?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

totally agree with you...let's stay cool and wait without freaking out too much and we'll see what the new season brings...or doesn't
                              all that crap is just commercial they do everyhting they can to make people watch and earn MONEY !! there's nothing more in this industry than MONEY...they just don't care about how the things are supposed to be to respect characters integrity or a piece of "truth", we can't interpret any longer in a bad way (or a good one) what we know and hear from spoilers. I think i'll read them but won't really pay attention to them...every thing is manipulated we should know that by now and learn lessons from the past...
                              so let's enjoy what we already have and let's write our virtual season waiting to see what the new one brings...

and if you feel bad about all those things, just watch some old eps and some shippy vids that's such a good drug...but careful you could become addicted

Comment

thanks Myrth

so near and yet so far away if we follow TPTB

Comment

Working...
                                X