X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    I don't about anyone else but I feel Season 9
    Spoiler:
    the Sword in the Stone is so over done. Even Disney has a movie about it. Next SG-1 will be looking for the Holy Grail. They will fight a rabbit and then French men who catapult cows at them. Then they will build a big trogan rabbit and forget to get inside.

Hahahahaha ..Heheheheheh you made me laugh so much Rogue I love it

Well me , I try to stay completely unspoilt for season 9 because I know this is the only way not to get to stressed up and so very disappointed ..My mind is quite clear right now ..I don't expect much at all for the ship is season 9 and and ..I have decided to start watching JAG for the first time ( never seen it) ..Thank you (((gatebee))) to tell me about How JAG is worth watching ..so may just do that in the meantime

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      It was obvious to me that Pete
      Spoiler:
      wasn't the guy for Sam. He was way too controlling and smoothering (or mothering ) to be with Sam. She's the type who needs her own room to grow as an individual--in addition to growing within a relationship. That's something that she could have never gotten while she was even semi-committed to Pete. However, I think the relationship between Kerry and Jack may have potentially worked--if it hadn't been for the fact that he was in love with Sam. Remember--Kerry: "that's something I can't 'love,' live with." They had things in common; whereas I think Pete was way too immature to be with Sam and they had very little in common. I also think that Sam was never in love with Pete--she was only settling for Pete 'cause she couldn't be with Jack.

The writers have made Sam what she is--not to mention the great acting by AT. I'm sure AT would want to see Sam in a mutually respective (is there a such a phrase) relationship--with someone; and that someone is Jack.
      Yes, I think Sam was in love with the IDEA of Pete, but is in love with Jack (of course!)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        I don't about anyone else but I feel Season 9
        Spoiler:
        the Sword in the Stone is so over done. Even Disney has a movie about it. Next SG-1 will be looking for the Holy Grail. They will fight a rabbit and then French men who catapult cows at them. Then they will build a big trogan rabbit and forget to get inside.
        LOL! Isn't that the mid-season episode?
        sigpic

Comment

I'am getting tired of TPTB as well.I just read TPTB comments on Gateworld about how everyone is the happiest they've ever been and it's a new chapter and renewed energy.It's sounds like they want 10 more Years of SG-1.It would be nice to hear a little mention about RDA's importance to the Show and how they hope he will be around.I will not watch any Friday night episodes of SG-1.The more I hear from TPTB the more I want Season 9 to fail Big Time.
          I don't about anyone else but I feel Season9
          Spoiler:
          I would far enjoy watching Mickey Mouse shipping with Minnie Mouse if Sam and Jack will not be back.
          Last edited by gatebee; 27 April 2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
            Yup! Pass the sick bag here too!

and another one for me pretty please..Hurry ..Oops too late

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Yes, I think Sam was in love with the IDEA of Pete, but is in love with Jack (of course!)
              IMHO, Sam was in love with the idea of being in love. Now that she had "freed herself" to look for a true romantic relationship with someone she was allowed to have feelings for, she latched on to Pete as being "the guy." This way, she can have her cake and eat it too, meaning she could have a romance and keep her career as is.

But what I think happened in Threads was that she realized of course that she didn't want to spend her life with Pete, she really did love Jack; and I think, she was ready to start giving serious consideration to major career changes based on whether or not Jack reciprocated her feelings...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                IMHO, Sam was in love with the idea of being in love. Now that she had "freed herself" to look for a true romantic relationship with someone she was allowed to have feelings for, she latched on to Pete as being "the guy." This way, she can have her cake and eat it too, meaning she could have a romance and keep her career as is.

But what I think happened in Threads was that she realized of course that she didn't want to spend her life with Pete, she really did love Jack; and I think, she was ready to start giving serious consideration to major career changes based on whether or not Jack reciprocated her feelings...
                This is what I meant when I said she was in love with the idea of Pete...having a relationship, being "in love"...She would probably have fallen in love with the milkman if he'd been there first!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                  and another one for me pretty please..Hurry ..Oops too late

Caty
                  LOL Caty! I agree with all of you...whole heartedly. Not even reading the spoilers for S9. Just going to go with the flow this time. I'll see if it's easier to take that way! I feel like Sam and Jack are together but I am so afraid that they're going to take that away from me! Major pout going on over here.
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

I know what's wrong with all of us today. We saw the S9 photos of the sword and the leather bimbo outfit, and we read the MS interview. Please bear in mind that the "interview" was probably put together by a publicist.....and may not even reflect MS's true views.

Message to TPTB: Much of your solid fan base consists of adults, and many are women! How about our wants, our needs? Leather, boobs and no S/J resolution will just drive us away!

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                      oohh oooh ooh i 've seen that movie-monty python and the holy grail-right?
                      Yep, I couldn't resist.
                      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

WOW....I hadn't realized so many people were in the dole-drums over here.

I am really sorry that so many of the Shipper Family are so sad. I am not really sure how to lend a hand in cheering anyone up, especially when I guess I am one of those icky peoples that is really getting Jazzed about Season 9. As much as I would LOVE to see Sam & Jack have a more prominent role in the season I guess I have finally resigned myself to not having that and have gone on looking for other reasons to be excited about a show I have enjoyed for the last 8 years. Now don't take that as anything other me just explaining my level of *Upness*

I guess what I did was just go back to thinking of StarGate as a Sci-Fi/Fantasy show without any major emotional ties for me.

Since I really no longer trust TPTB to follow through with this ship and probably screw up any other ship I have resigned myself to that fate.

However, I am keeping an open mind about things. I am not real worried just yet that things will be icky or passe'. Yes it does seem like they are making a whole LOT of changes but having some new blood that WON Academy Awards and just having some new direction to the show is making me happier.

If they aren't going to finish Sam & Jack with any real conviction....then I just want TPTB to STAY AWAY from them period. I would rather think of them having their time at the Lake and more after the credits rolled and let my imagination take it from there. I KNOW TPTB are going to make some silly mistake and somehow screw up S&J so I think I will just have to ignore them. So I have withdrawn my heart from the show and am back to just being a Sci-Fi fan at this point.

I wish I could cheer you up out there!! But until we actually see anything ...anything I say about the episodes is just my own speculation and right now I highly doubt we could take any more let downs
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Virtual season.. yay!

While I still have faith in the machinations of the show to give me what I want (I'm known as miss positive in some parts) the idea of a virtual season makes me quiver

Virtual seasons redeemed Voyager for me (not even goin there.. let it go.. they don't care) after the hatchet job they managed to pull at the end.

Also I think in Threads that Sam's development arc came to fruition in a lot of ways. It takes a lot of courage to look at your life when it's set up to go the way hers was and say.. no I don't want this, I'm not going to be happy like this. If she'd chosen to settle.. she would have made herself be content... and that's what appeals to me about the journey they sent her on with Pete. Sam getting to know herself.. delving into parts of her we previously hadn't seen. It all rounded her out as a person for me. I love Sam Carter... she has strength and integrity, compassion and most importantly for me.. realism (ok her number of skillsets borders on ludicrous but hey genius right?). I love her even more for her fallacies and failings. She tried something.. it wasn't right for her.. she had the strength to fix it. And I do think she's in love with Jack and I think she knows that, but more importantly I think she realised in Threads that anything else would be a settle. So that just makes their situation beautifully poignant and a little hopless (god I love the forbidden) and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I come from the SVU fandom and beleive me when I tell you, this ship is being handled really really well. I think the people in charge have made a lot of clear efforts to give us what we want without damaging the appeal of the show. Gotta remember they're playing to a wider perspective. I have faith (given the subtle crumbs that have been thrown our way) that it isn't done and dusted yet.

I'm gonna sit back and see what happens in s9...... but in the meantime virtual season ahoy!

sigpic

Comment

Caty you can bet TPTB will have Sam flirting with all of Sam's Man friends in Season 9.I'll be interested to hear how
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam reacts when meeting with Orlin.I'll have to hear about it on the forum since I will not be watching.I doubt Sam will get involved with any of her Man Friends but you can be sure TPTB will push the limit of the flirting.This might sound silly but I did not like the way Sam was with Baal in Reckoning 2.Baal was the one who killed Jack over and over and Baal even took a shot a Jack when Sam told Baal Jack made the Replicator weapon and Sam says nothing to defened Jack or Sam does not even give Baal a dirty look.IMO Sam will never be a great leader until she stops trying to be Friends with everyone.Sam has to understand when your the Boss you cannot be everyone Friend.You have to have a Mean Streak and you sometimes have to do things you do not want to do to get the Job done and get your Team Home safetly.I Hate to say it but it may be better to have Mitchell be in Command of Sg-1.Sam is a great character and my 2nd favorite after Jack but as a Leader Sam has a lot to learn.

Comment

Tame I think it's great if you are Happy about Season 9.I cannot blame any Shipper or Fan that looks forward to Season 9.I wish I can be Happy as well.I just do not have it in me to
                              Spoiler:
                              continue without RDA and since the Sam and Jack Ship was not wrapped to my liking I will not give Season 9 a chance.IMO TPTB are not even trying to reach out to the Shippers so there's no reason why I should give them a chance.TPTB made there decisions regarding Ship and they should have understood many Shippers would not give them another Season to get it right.if Jack does show up for some late Season episodes I'll watch those episodes but I will no longer watch every week.

Comment

here we go melpomene (and my shippy family ) some caps, i've been playing with my computer lately

Comment

Working...
                                X