Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey i've just read the spoilers and i'm a little worried about this 'sword in the stone' thing...
    i'm not completely sure about the going off at a tangent...
    but back on topic.. fingers crossed for some shippy action in season 9
    sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      And just the original team please ..no one else

The virtual season 9 premiere should be very exiting

Caty
      And plenty of ship. Since we won't get any on the screen.
      Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
          sounds good to me.
          oh yes, loads and oodles of it-but drawn out an angsty and full of false leads and...oh, wait-heehe-sorry-forgot that we will be writing it-oh never mind.
          Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

I'm gonna try to make a wallpaper and I need lots of shippy photo's which I've seen all over the place but you can never find when you need them.

Comment

this is what I think of TPTB when to Sam and Jack

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                Consider if you will Pete's words to Sam:

THREADS SPOILERS:

PETE: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.
                SAM: That's it?
                PETE: What do you want? You want me to get down on my knees and beg?
                SAM: God, no! Of course not! I just ... I thought you would react differently.

I think, like Kerry, Pete picked up on vibes between the two of them (not on screen) either that or he picked up on the tone of her voice when she talked about him....
                I always figured that Sam
                Spoiler:
                kept Pete as far away from Jack as possible. I think Pete knew long before he met Jacob that there was something wrong. She was way out of his league and was surpised when she said yes.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

I always figured that Sam
                  Spoiler:
                  kept Pete as far away from Jack as possible. I think Pete knew long before he met Jacob that there was something wrong. She was way out of his league and was surpised when she said yes.
                  Yeah - as I think about it more, Pete and Jack probably never met...

However, remember in Heroes when Sam started talking about Jack how her tone of voice changed...Bregman picked up on it and sensed something there, even though of course Sam never intended to give anything away about her personal feelings...

Perhaps she unintentionally displayed some "tells" in her voice when she talked about work or Jack with Pete...

...or maybe she avoided the topic of Jack altogether, which in itself is a "tell"...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

It was obvious to me that Pete
                    Spoiler:
                    wasn't the guy for Sam. He was way too controlling and smoothering (or mothering ) to be with Sam. She's the type who needs her own room to grow as an individual--in addition to growing within a relationship. That's something that she could have never gotten while she was even semi-committed to Pete. However, I think the relationship between Kerry and Jack may have potentially worked--if it hadn't been for the fact that he was in love with Sam. Remember--Kerry: "that's something I can't 'love,' live with." They had things in common; whereas I think Pete was way too immature to be with Sam and they had very little in common. I also think that Sam was never in love with Pete--she was only settling for Pete 'cause she couldn't be with Jack.

The writers have made Sam what she is--not to mention the great acting by AT. I'm sure AT would want to see Sam in a mutually respective (is there a such a phrase) relationship--with someone; and that someone is Jack.
                    -girlgater

Comment

This is a must read I agree with that

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Yeah - as I think about it more, Pete and Jack probably never met...

However, remember in Heroes when Sam started talking about Jack how her tone of voice changed...Bregman picked up on it and sensed something there, even though of course Sam never intended to give anything away about her personal feelings...

Perhaps she unintentionally displayed some "tells" in her voice when she talked about work or Jack with Pete...

...or maybe she avoided the topic of Jack altogether, which in itself is a "tell"...

I loved that with Bregman. He apparently noticed that whatever they talked about she came off as tense. and then it's like "Oh you want to know about O'Neill? Oh I can tell you about him, it's my favorite subject, how many hours do you have?"

Comment

My, it's been a day of depressing discussion, hasn't it? I've been out of town all day, and got a little down when I checked in on you all. I'm also disgusted because they've posted pix from "Avalon," and Ben Browder is seen pulling the sword out of the stone. Gee, who's the fair-haired child now?

For those who wonder how Kerry picked up on the feelings between Sam and Jack, I think I figured it out.....but not all of it was portrayed on-screen. But I wrote a missing scene you could read at:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lizations.html

I think the virtual season is a great idea, and I'd be willing to participate.....but I think we should move forward with the knowledge that Jack is becoming head of Homeworld Security. We can have him back at Cheyenne Mountain as much as we want! After all, we don't have to work around RDA's schedule.

At this point, it's been a month since S8 ended, and I'm getting tired of these boys in Vancouver yanking my chain.....and me letting them! I think my first move toward improving my attitude will be to skip the rerun of SGA this Friday night. Instead, I'm going to set my TV to CBS.....and watch the series finale of "Jag." I haven't watched "Jag" in years, although I liked the characters. No, I was a loyal Sci-Fi Friday girl! But this Friday night, I'm going to see what happens when some PTB care about what their viewers want! Who wants to join me? It may be too syrupy sweet for my taste, but I'm trying to overcompensate at this point. Anyone have some popcorn? Dr. Shipper? How about a Nielsen diary (That would be even better!)?

Then, let's start writing that S9 fan fic.....and no big-boobed girls in leather outfits.....unless they're alien villans!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            My, it's been a day of depressing discussion, hasn't it? I've been out of town all day, and got a little down when I checked in on you all. I'm also disgusted because they've posted pix from "Avalon," and Ben Browder is seen pulling the sword out of the stone. Gee, who's the fair-haired child now?

For those who wonder how Kerry picked up on the feelings between Sam and Jack, I think I figured it out.....but not all of it was portrayed on-screen. But I wrote a missing scene you could read at:

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lizations.html

I think the virtual season is a great idea, and I'd be willing to participate.....but I think we should move forward with the knowledge that Jack is becoming head of Homeworld Security. We can have him back at Cheyenne Mountain as much as we want! After all, we don't have to work around RDA's schedule.

At this point, it's been a month since S8 ended, and I'm getting tired of these boys in Vancouver yanking my chain.....and me letting them! I think my first move toward improving my attitude will be to skip the rerun of SGA this Friday night. Instead, I'm going to set my TV to CBS.....and watch the series finale of "Jag." I haven't watched "Jag" in years, although I liked the characters. No, I was a loyal Sci-Fi Friday girl! But this Friday night, I'm going to see what happens when some PTB care about what their viewers want! Who wants to join me? It may be too syrupy sweet for my taste, but I'm trying to overcompensate at this point. Anyone have some popcorn? Dr. Shipper? How about a Nielsen diary (That would be even better!)?

Then, let's start writing that S9 fan fic.....and no big-boobed girls in leather outfits.....unless they're alien villans!
                            Yeah, I read your fic yesterday. I enjoyed it.

Rogue

Comment

I just wonder how many Season 9
                              Spoiler:
                              Daniel/Vala wrestling matches we will have to suffer thru before Sam gets back.
                              "Holds nose."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                while i'm agreeing with so much of what you've said, i feel sam already came to that epiphany in season 7 with Heroes 2 and Lost City(s). i felt she already figured out that she 'was', in fact, in love with jack, that it wasn't just some kind of misguided crush. so going from the powerful drama of Lost City to the ho-hum and i'm-still-with-my-boyfriend in New Order made absolutely no sense. i felt the only reason pete was still in the picture in New Order was to distance sam from the whiny/piney stuff (that i did NOT see) and to lengthen the 'will they/won't they' stuff. i could be wrong, but a bitter fan will see things like this.

sally
                                I'm loving this conversation. I'd just like to add to Sally's remarks. I think we had Pete with us a lot longer than TPTB intended, because they were totally taken aback by the hatred of the character by fans...not just S/J shippers, but by a mixture of the fandom. TPTB couldn't believe this, and they then said it was our fault, as we had "issues". They just couldn't see how the fans could dislike a badly written character put in a story that was full of plot holes!
                                There was absolutely no need for everything we saw in Chimera. We could have seen Sam and Pete together once, perhaps over dinner, and we would have got the picture! We fans can read between the lines and understand what's going on! He could have been mentioned a couple of times in later episodes, and then Sam dumps him after Lost City, when she realises it's Jack she loves! It would have saved Sam, Jack, Pete and shippers world-wide a lot of heartache!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X