This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    We have hope...they didn't ditch the issue in Season 8...TPTB faced it as best they could in lieu of the Air Force restrictions to which they had to adhere.

We got AT saying there's somewhere for Sam and Jack to go thanks to Season 8.

We also got fishing...and TPTB made clear that meant more than FISHING.

Not only that we got fishing TWICE. (Okay, it was the same fishing trip...but heck, they showed it twice plus there was that slight difference into which I can read all kinds of things).

So let's just see if TPTB stay true to the Sam/Jack character development of Season 8...
    OK Uber, I'll take hope, for now. It's just been a long 8 years......(deep sigh).
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Pittsburghgirl Great point about the Writers and the Boys from Vancouver.They deserve alot of the blame.I also think some Actors have the ability to be lead Actors and other Actors are better suited in a support role.That's not to say AT MS and CJ cannot be leads on SG-1 or another Show. IMO I do not feel they have done a good Job up to this point.I just see Jack as the leader of the Team and I rather the Show ended that way as well.I think the pressure is really on the Writers and TPTB this Season.TPTB cannot use RDA's schedule as an excuse.If the show fails you can bet they say the Fans just did not want to watch without RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
        Pittsburghgirl Great point about the Writers and the Boys from Vancouver.They deserve alot of the blame.I also think some Actors have the ability to be lead Actors and other Actors are better suited in a support role.That's not to say AT MS and CJ cannot be leads on SG-1 or another Show. IMO I do not feel they have done a good Job up to this point.I just see Jack as the leader of the Team and I rather the Show ended that way as well.I think the pressure is really on the Writers and TPTB this Season.TPTB cannot use RDA's schedule as an excuse.If the show fails you can bet they say the Fans just did not want to watch without RDA.
        ses- you point out something that we all tend to lose sight of-the writers have yet to take any responsibility for the fiasco that has been seasons 7 and 8-of course they are going to blame the fans for season 9. i think that they should have bailed out on this show two years ago-or at the very least prepared the way for a new direction for the show.
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Hi I'm new...

Just wanted to pop up and say hi... how does one join the ship family?

This thread is just so pretty I couldn't resist.

Welcome, Myrth! I haven't been here long, but I have to say that this a great group of people--lots of caring and excellent discussion regarding our favorite subjects--Jack & Sam!
          -girlgater

Comment

Hi I'm new...

Welcome! Hope you have lots of fun here. These guys really are terrific.

P.S. You've posted. You've joined. There is no turning back now. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Rockin!

Just reading the last few posts.. I may be in the minority.. but I hold out great hope for a resolution at the end of s9.

I applaude the way this ship has been handled.. it's been a graceful slow burn and IMHO one of the best ships ever executed on TV. I think it was clearly planned right from the start.... I recall reading AT's account of her audition process.. there was intent there... but from there I've found it's gradual build and portrayal phenomenal. I know there's alot of debate surrounding this.. but I figured I'd state my view up front.

I was frustrated by the vagueness of the end of s8, but I expect them to expound on that in the next season in one way or another.. I do live in the real world.. but if you don't have hope in these things, what do you have? Also the massive amount of time and energy invested in it says something to me. That coupled with at least half TPTB being shippers... fuels my hope I guess...

Meanwhile there's so much pretty, shiny stuff to play with and the fanfic.. god love fanfic. This fandom rocks

Oooh.. side note, I got my signed 8x10 of AT & RDA holding hands from Legends today.. and it's so damn adorable I'm still on the floor....

sigpic

Comment

Hi I'm new...

Welcome Myrth!!!!!!!!!!!

Post lots.... ship lots

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Rockin!

Just reading the last few posts.. I may be in the minority.. but I hold out great hope for a resolution at the end of s9.

I applaude the way this ship has been handled.. it's been a graceful slow burn and IMHO one of the best ships ever executed on TV. I think it was clearly planned right from the start.... I recall reading AT's account of her audition process.. there was intent there... but from there I've found it's gradual build and portrayal phenomenal. I know there's alot of debate surrounding this.. but I figured I'd state my view up front.

I was frustrated by the vagueness of the end of s8, but I expect them to expound on that in the next season in one way or another.. I do live in the real world.. but if you don't have hope in these things, what do you have? Also the massive amount of time and energy invested in it says something to me. That coupled with at least half TPTB being shippers... fuels my hope I guess...

Meanwhile there's so much pretty, shiny stuff to play with and the fanfic.. god love fanfic. This fandom rocks

Oooh.. side note, I got my signed 8x10 of AT & RDA holding hands from Legends today.. and it's so damn adorable I'm still on the floor....

And of course you will be uploading it to a server somewhere and posting a link so the rest of us in the fam can drool...I mean admire it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I'm not sure about this one...as much of an RDA fan that I am, because of his reduced time on air, I've come around to picking Carter as my favorite character and think she can carry a lot of the show on her own (which btw is why I'm sticking around). She's a phenominal actress and Carter is such a great character...

<snip>

Plus with Sam still there, we have the potential of continuing the S/J arc which I believe will go on (as I stated above) and AT believes this as well...
                    Warning: this is an opinion I've felt for awhile but held back on stating. Please don't crucify me for it. . .

I know there are some really big Sam fans here, but I just don't see it. Amanda is a good actress, yes, and until S7 and S8, Sam was a great character, but in spite of that, I don't think she can carry the show.

Maybe I'm jaded. Everything people are saying about Sam/AT is what was said about Scully/Gillian Anderson when the exact same thing was happening on XF, and, to be blunt, the seasons she tried to carry were a disaster. I do think that a woman could carry a show, I just don't think these *characters* can.

I can also cite the episodes we've seen that had no Jack, where Sam took lead, and I really saw very little there to keep me interested. Could it be that TPTB simply don't have the capacity to write for a woman? Absolutely. But whether it's that or something else, the end result is the same: the show is lifeless without Jack. He's the glue that holds the team together, just as much as the glue that holds the show together.

Consider, for example, the difference between a leading female character and a secondary female character who is turned "leading". If Sam had been written as a "lead" from the start, it's very possible they could do this. (I don't watch SGA, but I get the impression that the female lead on that is the type I'm talking about.) But trying to take a well-written secondary and make them leading is generally an unsuccessful thing to do in television. Think about how many spinoffs fail miserably and you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, that's just MHO. I like Sam the way she is, but I just don't believe that, even with AT's talent, she can be turned into a leading roll just because they or we want her to.
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

And of course you will be uploading it to a server somewhere and posting a link so the rest of us in the fam can drool...I mean admire it.
                      hehe !! the great spirits think alike !!!
                      WELCOME MYRTH and hope we'll see that soon

have fun and post a lot, I'm pretty new too but I'm sure you'll like it...that's such a fun place and it's so nice to speak about our favorite subject !!

so SAM&JACK FOREVER and YAY for a BIG HONKIN' KISS in season9 !!

Comment

Ummm... I'll say this.. I have a couple of websites where I keep all my toys...

http://www.svucrib.com/~sg16

or

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedgrin

Also I have to say.... I adore your signature pic/animated thingy... made me laugh my ass off... alot. It's perfect.
                        Last edited by Myrth; 26 April 2005, 07:03 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Buc252 I agree with the fact that the way they have portrayed Sam especially in Season 8 was not lead worthy. I expected to see Sam as a leader, making difficult decisions has Jack has done may times, breaking the rules because the situation warranted it again as Jack has done many times, but we saw nothing. I especially wanted to see Sam fall on her face maybe make a big mistake in the field to see how she would deal with it; but what we got was nothing except Sam letting Pete take control and Sam constantly second guessing herself. I have to say with what TPTB have shown us I am not at all convinced that she could lead. I agree I did some glimmer of hope in IGTBK; but certainly not enough. To further the point I think even that particular show became great because Jack was back to being Jack the leader. I feel TPTB have done an injustice to the Sam character.
                          P.S. This is just MPO

Comment

and to wish you welcome in a fun way...I've seen Grace is your fav ep so here we go...

I think noone will blame me for this particular one

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              OK Uber, I'll take hope, for now. It's just been a long 8 years......(deep sigh).
                              I have no hope . . . How can you have hope when the characters involved won't be around this year? (Sorry, I truly just don't get this.) When you have a balloon, and somebody pricks it with a pin and it pops, you can't have hope that it'll ever hold air again. Or, rather, you can have hope, but you'd be deluding yourself.

There's no RDA/Jack in this season beyond the first and third eps, which Amanda/Sam isn't in. We've had that confirmed. I think we've gotten all we're going to get of the ship - the rest will be up to our imaginations.

And as for what Amanda said, she'll be the first to say that even the actors don't always have storylines go the way they'd want them. I pray I'm wrong, but unless Rick changes his plans (plans for which I don't blame him in the least), I'm accepting that the ship will only continue in our fic, vids, and imaginations. The up side of that, though, is that we can do it *our* way. <vbEEEg>
                              - Mary
                              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

[eye glaze] mmmm grace.......

Thankyou!!

Originally posted by lonely_star
                                and to wish you welcome in a fun way...I've seen Grace is your fav ep so here we go...

I think noone will blame me for this particular one
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X