This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    You know, I just watched Grace again (for the humpteenth time) and was re-reminded why it was such a VITAL episode for Sam and Jack.

Without Grace, who knows when Sam would have started really thinking about what she's been lacking in her life? Without Grace, she might never have considered the possibility that she only cared for Jack because he was a "safe bet" and out of his reach...which was important. She NEEDED to consider this as a possibility and explore other options...so she could come to the correct conclusion that her feelings for Jack were real.

So as painful as it was to see her mentally say goodbye to him at the end of Grace, I look at it from the bigger picture that it was because of Grace that we got Threads.
    But what did we really get in Threads????? More innuendo? I want resolution. I want Jack and Sam to ride off together into the Minnesota sunset. I want a happy ending......and I guess I'll get that when pigs fly.
    Last edited by Lida; 26 April 2005, 04:24 PM. Reason: I can't type!!!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
      See, the "I want him because I can't have him" concept is the problem that I have with Grace (one of them anyway). I've never seen any indication before then that she felt that way. IMO, that was something new that they just stuck in there in order to make way for Pete. I think Sam's feelings about Jack all along were based on:

Strength as a leader
      Bravery
      Honor
      Sense of humor
      Intelligence (yes, he acts dumb, but we know he's really not)
      Modesty

I can't wrap my mind around Sam not realizing all along that those were the reasons she loved him.

P.S. That is one BODACIOUS sig!
      Yes...well...BODACIOUS was what I was going for...so...

Regarding Grace, sure she admired all of those things for him...but it came down to the simple fact that "Jack" helped her see that he wasn't that complex a character...not too difficult to figure out. So the problem wasn't with him...she was the one with a decision to make.

In Grace, she decided that her feelings for him - not in general like the ones you've mentioned, but the romantic feelings - were based in her fear of true intimacy because he was "out of her reach" and therefore a "safe bet."

Now, I disagree with her conclusion...but I give her a break because she was suffering from a horrific concussion . Also, because of the conclusions she jumped to and decisions she made, she finally stretched her wings to find that elusive life Jack ordered her to get a while back, which was the first step on her path to Jack's doorstep.

I also disagree with others who think that, after Grace, she could have come to the understanding that she loved Jack for real without attempting a relationship with some other guy because the conclusions she made dictated that she try to find happiness with another man.

Then when she developed a rapport with Pete and found she was attracted to him, she thought that meant that this was in fact that life she had been avoiding. But then the reality struck her (house, dog, 'til death do us part with Pete) and she had a basis for comparison now between "a life" with Pete and her feelings for Jack...and that's how she fully came to realize her feelings for Jack were genuine.

Without that basis for comparison, I just don't see how she could have reached the conclusion she did in Threads that marrying Pete would be a huge honkin' mistake...because she really loved Jack.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think we should start calling Uber.....Dr. Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
          Isn't anyone totally disappointed when you see the coming attractions for next season and you see the words "The New Team" with no pictures of Jack? For me it totally rips my heart out, I miss him already. I really don't understand what TPTB are thinking JACK O'NEILL IS STARGATE SG-1 going on without him is a tragic mistake, IMO. Forgive me I am glad for those who want it to continue because no one should go through the absence I am feeling right now. I know it is only a tv show, but there is so little tv that I really enjoy that I am really going to miss this show.
          (((nickatell)))

i understand, honey. jack's my second fave character, and rda is the man i'm going to marry and have children with (must share this with him some day ). but, if it were sam/amanda that was no longer going to be on... i wouldn't continue to watch. so i understand.

sally
          Last edited by majorsal; 26 April 2005, 08:46 PM.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam is a Great character and AT is great dont get me wrong but IMO it has been proven the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters have not been able to carry the show without Jack in the episode or very little Jack.Maybe that changes with Season 9 but I have no desire to see them try without Jack.IMO the episodes that were either Sam Daniel or Teal'c heavy were very disappointing for the most part.I cannot remember too many Jack heavy episodes that did not work.I know alot of people will disagree but I really feel the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters work Best as supporting characters to Jack.So far I have not been impressed when Sam Daniel and Teal'c have to take the lead.I think Season 7 and 8 proves that fact.

Comment

there was one thing her "jack vision" said that I really think that Sam took the wrong way he said
              Spoiler:
              Why don't you ask if you really wanna know?"-what do you think he really meant when he said that-i took it to mean-why don't you ask the real Jack if you really want to know-it was out there-hidden in plain site-her vision jack was asking her why she didnt just ask?
              Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                there was one thing her "jack vision" said that I really think that Sam took the wrong way he said
                Spoiler:
                Why don't you ask if you really wanna know?"-what do you think he really meant when he said that-i took it to mean-why don't you ask the real Jack if you really want to know-it was out there-hidden in plain site-her vision jack was asking her why she didnt just ask?
                Very good point, pittsburghgirl. I think you're right!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion Oma, i'll get right on it

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                  -Stargate Theme

Comment

This re-discovering all the old eps of SG-1 thanks to the shipper family is great, I've just watched "A Matter of Time" (the one with the dark hole, and I used to think that it was completly non-shippy and now I see shippiness everywhere

When Jack is looking at the screen talking about the man they are leaving behind, he says "He reminds me of Carter" making it more difficult for him to leave him behind.

And when at the end Sam is explaining what they have to do to save themselves, the "Other Colonel" yeah, the one that left him behind... says...

OC: Man.... she is....
                    Jack: Yeah, way smarter than we...

I don't know but I sensed a shippiness there...., you know men, what they really wanted to say was:

OC: Man... she is....
                    Jack: Way to smart and hot, so forget about her because she is MINE!

Don't yathink?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Yes! And at the first of the episode, when Sam was explaining wormhole theory to Jack was shippy too. She was having such fun with him (the apple, the worm boring its way through, etc.).

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        Sam is a Great character and AT is great dont get me wrong but IMO it has been proven the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters have not been able to carry the show without Jack in the episode or very little Jack.Maybe that changes with Season 9 but I have no desire to see them try without Jack.IMO the episodes that were either Sam Daniel or Teal'c heavy were very disappointing for the most part.I cannot remember too many Jack heavy episodes that did not work.I know alot of people will disagree but I really feel the Sam Daniel and Teal'c characters work Best as supporting characters to Jack.So far I have not been impressed when Sam Daniel and Teal'c have to take the lead.I think Season 7 and 8 proves that fact.
                        you make a very good point-but i think that the fault lies with the writers and the boys in vancouver not with the inability of AT, CJ or MS to carry the show-i do think that they didn't make effective use of RDA-especially since he was pretty much in every episode in season 8. I also believe that his Jack was a bitter, angry and lonely man. I don't know how much of that was true to the way he wished to protray Jack or the way it ended up-and i think that we where short-sheeted as far as their relationship goes. It sitll don't know what caused Sam to approach Jack-because we had no indication she was unhappy with Pete-I was unhappy with Pete and happy enough to see it end-but i would have liked a more definitive resolution-and my big fear for season 9 is
                        Spoiler:
                        they will totally ignore it and act like it never happened
                        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          But what did we really get in Threads????? More innuendo? I want resolution. I want Jack and Sam to ride off together into the Minnesota sunset. I want a happy ending......and I guess I'll get that when pigs fly.
                          We have hope...they didn't ditch the issue in Season 8...TPTB faced it as best they could in lieu of the Air Force restrictions to which they had to adhere.

We got AT saying there's somewhere for Sam and Jack to go thanks to Season 8.

We also got fishing...and TPTB made clear that meant more than FISHING.

Not only that we got fishing TWICE. (Okay, it was the same fishing trip...but heck, they showed it twice plus there was that slight difference into which I can read all kinds of things).

So let's just see if TPTB stay true to the Sam/Jack character development of Season 8...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                            you make a very good point-but i think that the fault lies with the writers and the boys in vancouver not with the inability of AT, CJ or MS to carry the show-i do think that they didn't make effective use of RDA-especially since he was pretty much in every episode in season 8. I also believe that his Jack was a bitter, angry and lonely man. I don't know how much of that was true to the way he wished to protray Jack or the way it ended up-and i think that we where short-sheeted as far as their relationship goes. It sitll don't know what caused Sam to approach Jack-because we had no indication she was unhappy with Pete-I was unhappy with Pete and happy enough to see it end-but i would have liked a more definitive resolution-and my big fear for season 9 is
                            Spoiler:
                            they will totally ignore it and act like it never happened
                            I had my doubts about whether or not Sam could lead the team and carry the show successfully...until It's Good to Be King...

And if they have some phone calls between Sam and Jack like in Citizen Joe, that will carry me through...

Comment

Hi I'm new...

Just wanted to pop up and say hi... how does one join the ship family?

This thread is just so pretty I couldn't resist.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                We have hope...they didn't ditch the issue in Season 8...TPTB faced it as best they could in lieu of the Air Force restrictions to which they had to adhere.

We got AT saying there's somewhere for Sam and Jack to go thanks to Season 8.

We also got fishing...and TPTB made clear that meant more than FISHING.

Not only that we got fishing TWICE. (Okay, it was the same fishing trip...but heck, they showed it twice plus there was that slight difference into which I can read all kinds of things).

So let's just see if TPTB stay true to the Sam/Jack character development of Season 8...
                                As our dear Uber has said before... we have to look at the BIG PICTURE TPTB should not throw away 8 years of storyline.

Additionally they should over all stay true to the characters:

JACK: Only a powerfull reason would make him leave the SGC, the action, "his team", his friends, his home and
                                Spoiler:
                                go to Washington.... to do politics....

SAM: She "theoretically" thought that she loved Pete,
                                Spoiler:
                                but finally came to her senses, she knows who she wants and despite regulations, she went to talk to him and tell him how she felt, so now that he is not her CO, can't imagine what she will do...

Otherwise they will be jeopardizing their integrity as writers, producers and TPTB

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X