Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

before I would like a couple but never as I have followed Sam and Jack with such fervor. And the word "ship" never have used that too. I have usually watch other series for the whole story. With Stargate every week I hope and dream to see Sam and Jack do something "romantic" as it was refered to before. Now I want each ep to be a ship ep. I will live on a look, a smile, a touch anything that even remotely shows Sam and Jack emoting a "feel".

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      Divide & Conquer is airing on Sci-Fi on Monday, 5/2/05, followed by Window of Opportunity! What a shippy night!!
      Woo-hoo!!!! I can't wait! Thanks for looking ahead, girlgater!

Comment

My really cool video is back burnered until I get my DVD issues resolved (growl)...

But my teaser is this...the song is the theme to an obscure late 70's love story (which you all will HAVE to see after hearing this song...)

But you'll have to wait for the reveal...as I'm not spillin' the beans...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Elkeli - I spent a while this weekend reading Lunar's fic and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have just one complaint - Fields of Gold - it's not finished! Arghhhh! How do they get..? That woman...she can *what*? Nasty bugs, worms .... little miners ....?

Here's the link http://www.fanfiction.net/u/328489/
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
            The reason I loved the S/J ship so much is that it seemed to evolve naturally, it wasn't blantantly written in the script, it just kinda happend with the chemistry they have, how certain lines were delivered, looks, etc......kinda how relationships in real life develop (ok, not the lines part ) I haven't really felt that in Atlantis, and not sure I wanna go through the rollar coaster once TPTB get involved. But that's just my 2cents.
            I agree wholeheartedly. When I started watching SG-1, I kinda liked it that Sam didn't have a romantic attachment with any of the men. It said that women can do anything they set their minds to do. For awhile, that was just fine with me. But the relationship with Jack just evolved...as it often does in real life...based on AT's and RDA's chemistry on-screen. It doesn't lessen the soldier in either character. It just says that no matter how smart or tough or accomplished you are, someone eventually comes along in your life who makes you fall madly in love! I know with certainty that these characters, if given a choice, would choose to be together!

As to SGA, I'm enjoying it, but I'm not getting involved or pulled along by any of the experiments TPTB are doing with possible ships, because, as you said, I don't trust these guys with my heart. To risk letting them break it once was trusting. To risk letting them do it again would be sickly co-dependent!

So, I'll watch SGA, but I'll never be as devoted to it or invested in it as I have been in SG-1, because I can't allow myself to get really attached to any characters or relationships. If they give me a public, acknowledged happy ending for Sam and Jack, I might reconsider my trust in them. But for now, no.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              I agree wholeheartedly. When I started watching SG-1, I kinda liked it that Sam didn't have a romantic attachment with any of the men. It said that women can do anything they set their minds to do. For awhile, that was just fine with me. But the relationship with Jack just evolved...as it often does in real life...based on AT's and RDA's chemistry on-screen. It doesn't lessen the soldier in either character. It just says that no matter how smart or tough or accomplished you are, someone eventually comes along in your life who makes you fall madly in love! I know with certainty that these characters, if given a choice, would choose to be together!

As to SGA, I'm enjoying it, but I'm not getting involved or pulled along by any of the experiments TPTB are doing with possible ships, because, as you said, I don't trust these guys with my heart. To risk letting them break it once was trusting. To risk letting them do it again would be sickly co-dependent!

So, I'll watch SGA, but I'll never be as devoted to it or invested in it as I have been in SG-1, because I can't allow myself to get really attached to any characters or relationships. If they give me a public, acknowledged happy ending for Sam and Jack, I might reconsider my trust in them. But for now, no.
              From now on, I will be watching both SG-1 and SGA for sci-fi only. I am not buying into any new ship they are selling. I will still be shipping for Sam and Jack because I feel like they still owe us a resolution.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Having watched SG1 as I have , it would be very hard not to look for Sam and Jack ship. And yes like you and many others, I wish that TPTB finish off this series with them together.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                  From now on, I will be watching both SG-1 and SGA for sci-fi only. I am not buying into any new ship they are selling. I will still be shipping for Sam and Jack because I feel like they still owe us a resolution.
                  You know, I just watched Grace again (for the humpteenth time) and was re-reminded why it was such a VITAL episode for Sam and Jack.

Without Grace, who knows when Sam would have started really thinking about what she's been lacking in her life? Without Grace, she might never have considered the possibility that she only cared for Jack because he was a "safe bet" and out of his reach...which was important. She NEEDED to consider this as a possibility and explore other options...so she could come to the correct conclusion that her feelings for Jack were real.

So as painful as it was to see her mentally say goodbye to him at the end of Grace, I look at it from the bigger picture that it was because of Grace that we got Threads.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That is true enough with Grace we got Threads....but with Grace we also got Pete which I could have done without. I would have preferred Sam evaluate more her feelings for Jack and then proceed on to Threads. That IMO would have really made me one very happy shipper

Comment

Originally posted by ohshocking
                      Wow, another excellent video, Caty! Thanks for sharing it with us again!

I loved the angsty-ness and the pain of this vid. I really liked how you had the clips of 100 days and Paradise Lost in there - and the AU Sam bit, that fit really well!

Thank you! *hugs*
                      Yes thank you (((ohshocking))) ..I did forget to mention that it was a very sad video but the song and the voice was great ..so I went for it

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                        That is true enough with Grace we got Threads....but with Grace we also got Pete which I could have done without. I would have preferred Sam evaluate more her feelings for Jack and then proceed on to Threads. That IMO would have really made me one very happy shipper
                        Don't get me wrong with what I'm about to say...

GRACE and THREADS SPOILERS

But I think it was important for her to have her Pete moment. She needed to move on with someone. She needed to have a life that was more fulfilling. And here she was ready to marry this guy just so she could have a life...and she just couldn't go through with it.

Her experience with Pete helped clarify her feelings for Jack. And if it hadn't been Pete, it would have been some other guy because the determination from Grace was that she deserved to love and be loved in return.

So Sam was finally ready to take a chance with love with someone who was in her mind accessible. That first emotional barrier was finally broken down...she was open to the idea of an honest-to-goodness, intimate romantic relationship. I personally think that this was why she was closed down to Orlin and Narim, etc. because, as "Jacob" put it, she protected herself from that kind of relationship because she deep down felt it would inevitably end in loneliness.

But Sam realized two very important things in Threads. First, that just being open to the idea of having a truly intimate relationship was not enough; that it couldn't just be with A man. It had to be with someone she really loved, and not just cared for. And as the date loomed closer, she became more ambivalent because it became more real to her...actually living there in that house that he got without telling her day in and day out with their dog. And that freaked her to the point where she came to a watershed moment and realized that marrying Pete would have been a huge, honkin' mistake because of the second realization...

She really loved Jack. Her feelings for him were not based on the "I want him because I can't have him" concept she had thought it was. Unlike her relationship with Pete which I felt was based solely on her desire to try to move on with somebody...ANYBODY...and he was a cute guy that she had some chemistry and rapport with, her feelings for Jack were genuine and were based on their longstanding friendship/relationship that had developed over the last several years. He was the one that she really wanted to be with. She was finally able to face this fact and was about to tell him this very thing...when Kerry interrupted.

So I'm thankful for her Pete experience because she was able to compare what she felt for him with what she felt for Jack and it led her to understand that her feelings for Jack were real.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Heya Shippers!!!!

Well...my computer finally died last night, and it got taken away with all my half finished fics and graphics (and school coursework ) on it...so I'm not going to be online much...I'm in school just now, and I'll be going to the library, but I'll be back online full time when my computer gets fixed (it's getting fixed for free )

As for Atlantis -
                          Spoiler:
                          I don't want Ship in Atlantis! I'm actually enjoying watching a show without ship and it's a refreshing change...I don't like Teyla, and if anyone should get together...it's Beckett and the Chair

S/J Ship - I'm immensly enjoying watching my old eps again on DVD....I'm halfway through S1. I'm going to limit my 'fandom' obsession to seasons 1 - 7 and some episodes of s8...I'm not interested in this new show, which I think should be called either 'Stargate: SG1.2' or 'Stargate: Cheyenne'. I will watch season nine, but I'll watch it more casually.

As for the subject of this thread...I truely believe
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam and Jack are together...In fact...I'm beginning to think that the reappearance of the Sam Carter fan club is to cement that fact

season nine - the one with Joe

Joe - are you seeing anyone
                          Sam - as a matter of fact...yes

season nine - the one with Orlin

Orlin - would you like to have dinner at the 'Dead like me' Diner
                          Sam - no I'm meeting my other half for dinner at O'Malleys...were the steaks are THIS BIG!

season nine - the one with Barratt

Barratt - are you single right now...because you're one of the few people I trust
                          Sam - for Cryin' out loud!!!! get me a speakerphone
                          (Sam gets a speakerphone and stands on a chair)
                          Sam - attention everyone...Jack and I are an item and are having HWMS...Is that clear enough for you?????!!!!!!!!!

Soz...got carried away there!

(((((((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY)))))))))))))

I'm gonna miss you all for the next few days!!!!!

But since some of you mentioned Dr Shipper....

and here's diet ( I like the taste better )

bye bye!

Hahahahaha love your little scenario for season 9 (((suekay))) with all the guys and Sam That's great

Caty

Comment

Suekay that was great.I would Pay good Money to see any episode like that.I have a feeling Sam may need to gather all her Man Friends together at the same time to break the News.I think Sam should have Teal'c speak with all the Man Friends.Teal'c will make sure they never come near Sam again.

Comment

I just re-watched Threads again. Thinking of writing some nice angsty/resolution fic again. It's been ages since I felt in the mood for that! I give credit to S4 repeats on Sky...

Comment

Barrett is an idioit.He is suppose to be on a case with SG-1 and not hitting on Sam.Someone tell Barrett it's not the Dating game.

Comment

Working...
                                X