Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Buc252 and Oma-1 I was starting to feel all alone about Jack. I can really understand why some people want to give season 9 a try because it was that good of a show; but for me the decision to not watch season 9 came down to no Jack no Stargate. You can really tell when a pairing is really good, I mean after 8 years of being teased with this relationship by TPTB and all the guessing and hoping I have done for Jack and Sam, I am still hoping that maybe on one of RDA's visits that Jack and Sam will get the "kiss" that makes the Grace kiss look like small potatoes, crazy huh;afterall, those will be the only episodes I will watch. Ses110 I too am not to sure though if I could watch the first and third episode with Jack in them because I don't need my heart pulled out and stepped on if it is only for him to say goodbye....also Sam won't even be in these episodes. All I do know is that right now I am going through Jack, and Jack and Sam withdrawals.

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      Thanks Buc252 and Oma-1 I was starting to feel all alone about Jack. I can really understand why some people want to give season 9 a try because it was that good of a show; but for me the decision to not watch season 9 came down to no Jack no Stargate. You can really tell when a pairing is really good, I mean after 8 years of being teased with this relationship by TPTB and all the guessing and hoping I have done for Jack and Sam, I am still hoping that maybe on one of RDA's visits that Jack and Sam will get the "kiss" that makes the Grace kiss look like small potatoes, crazy huh;afterall, those will be the only episodes I will watch. Ses110 I too am not to sure though if I could watch the first and third episode with Jack in them because I don't need my heart pulled out and stepped on if it is only for him to say goodbye....also Sam won't even be in these episodes. All I do know is that right now I am going through Jack, and Jack and Sam withdrawals.
      Well as an Über SG-1 Fan, and I mean the Über-est you'll ever meet, I'm sticking around primarily because I'm such a huge Carter fan...and because I believe that before the show honest to goodness ends, we will have something on screen to confirm what we know about Sam and Jack; and when I say "something on screen," feel free to translate that into "big honkin' kiss."

Now, if AT were to leave the show for whatever reason, that would essentially be all she wrote for me.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

want Sam and Jack to kiss....BIG HONKING KISS please

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          want Sam and Jack to kiss....BIG HONKING KISS please
          Yes.

And I want to be crystal clear about this.

There should be no ambiguity about what I mean by a kiss...because, for instance, she kissed McKay in Redemption 2. That for the record was at best a peck on the cheek, barely registering on the kiss-o-meter.

Please understand when I'm discussing Jack and Sam kissing for real (no alternate reality, imaginary event, illness induced state of mind or time loops involved), what I'm really talking about is:

A BIG HONKIN' KISS.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            Yes.

And I want to be crystal clear about this.

There should be no ambiguity about what I mean by a kiss...because, for instance, she kissed McKay in Redemption 2. That for the record was at best a peck on the cheek, barely registering on the kiss-o-meter.

Please understand when I'm discussing Jack and Sam kissing for real (no alternate reality, imaginary event, illness induced state of mind or time loops involved), what I'm really talking about is:

A BIG HONKIN' KISS.

I know hon, we all feel the same. Who hasn't been aching for a Window of Opportunity style kiss that sam will actually remember...

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
              I know hon, we all feel the same. Who hasn't been aching for a Window of Opportunity style kiss that sam will actually remember...
              But see, that kiss was also too brief. And though it registered on the Kiss-o-meter for sure, I mean more of a prolonged GRACE kind of kiss.

But for real.

And significantly longer.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                But see, that kiss was also too brief. And though it registered on the Kiss-o-meter for sure, I mean more of a prolonged GRACE kind of kiss.

But for real.

And significantly longer.

True, true, I just liked the dip thing, oooh so lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by melpomene
                  True, true, I just liked the dip thing, oooh so lovely.
                  Okay - here's a serious question for my beloved shippy fam.

I just saw Sight Unseen again...and I left with one thought; and that thought was how incredibly icy Sam was with Jack. We're talkin' frostbite here folks.

Even before this...in "Abyss," Sam was concerned for Jack, but not nearly to the "Paradise Lost" level.

So my question is twofold...

First, what brought their relationship to that point...and

Second, what specific event or conversation thawed it out again (and don't say something silly like Jack smiling because, well that's too easy)?

Be specific here!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                    I know what you mean Nickatell. SG-1 and SGA are the only shows I avidly follow, so I'm heartbroken RDA is leaving - he's my fave character and is just sooooo se... (oops wrong thread ) Jack is irreplaceable to me.

So I'm looking at S9 as a bonus/epilogue. I love the other characters too, and am going to watch with the same attitude as I did SGA - ie, watch the season and try to appreciate it as it comes. If the storylines are good and the character interaction is good, I'll still be a fan - albeit one missing Jack incredibly.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility we get to see some references to S&J being together, so if we get those too, I'll be very happy.

(((oma )) I'm glad you are enjoying SGA and I think it's great that you want to give Stargate TPTB another chance !!!! ..but there are still other great shows out there . Stargate is not the only show which is good ...far from it ..because sometimes the script is not that good .

IMO ( In my opinion).....Stargate TPTB are just people who like to mess with the fan's emotions ..and I'm very carefull about it .I used to think that Chris carter from the x-files was a sad case but really when I watch the x-files ( Mulder & Scully ship) compared to Stargate SG1 ( Sam and Jack ) and although I do undestand they are not the same characters ....I still think that Chris Carter was extremely generous on the ship and it was well done and very consistent ..you didn't have one episode without ship ..some of them had only a little scene in them but it was memorable , some of them had a lot ...and it was not soap opera , it was tender loving ..and I just loved all the hand holdings and the kisses on the forehead and big hugs.

They did spice it up in season 7 because it was the right time to do it and we got to see Mulder and Scully cuddlling in a bed in "requiem "( smashing ship episode and great storyline) then we had Scully caressing Mulder's lips in "Amor fati" and saving him from that horrible operation when he was in a semi unconsciouss state ..and what woke him up was one of Scully's tears dropping near his eyes and made him blink.

I never saw anything even close to that in Stargate ..and although I love the show ..In the last 2 years TPTB just didn't listen to the fans who wanted Sam and Jack to get closer...If it was it, was just AU episode or dreams, hallucinations ..which is fine ..but not in the last 2 years of the series .

With Mulder and Scully although they did use a few dream and timeline episodes ..most of the ship was in real time with the real characters ...and even if Military regs are very strict for SGC .. apparently the hugs were allowed ..( Heroe 2 , Fire and water, Deathknell) which makes me think that Sam and Jack could still show their love for each other ....a lot more than what TPTB gave us .

Well Mulder and Scully kissed for real 3 times in "The truth "the finale episode of the series but also in " Millenium" and "Existence " the last episode of season 8 .We had one episode when they kissed where he was the real Mulder but she was not the real Scully and also in the episode "Millenium" they were celebrating the year 2000 .( Great episode by the way).... we also had an episode where they posed as a married couple for a x-files mission but we saw some great ship angst in there too ... we had an enormous number of consistent ship because TPTB was using every opportunity ....and I was not stressed whatsoever when I was watching an x -files episode ..I knew I would get something shippy in one way in another form in any episode .

This is not the case with Stargate Sam and Jack at all ... Episodes like resurrection and Covenant and many more ..had no ship at all and although I undestand that it 's a team show ... X-files also had other people in the show like Skinner , Kryceck ect.......the Stargate Sam and Jack ship quantity and quality is very poor .. The consistency is poor too . I 'm nearly sad as I'm writing that ..so many missed oppotunities .

Still I'm quite happy with what I saw in threads and Mobieus ....because well I can't do anything about it AND I accept it ..but season 9 is a no no in my book ....big huge mistake ..I 'll watch the premiere just to see what they gonna say about Sam and Jack but I have been so disappointed with the show in the last year that I expect to be extremely disappointed for the season 9 premiere ..I really don't think we gonna get what we want at all ..They had the opportunity to show us so much more but they refused to do it ...because they just love to yank the shippers' Chains ...shame it has to happen so late in the show too .

As for Atlantis well , I learnt my lesson ...and I 'm pretty sure that they will handle the ship even worse .....They will yank 2 groups of shippers's chains this time and big time .it's as clear as " We won't get any resolution in Atlantis ship when the time comes "

Atlantis for me is just a action sci-fi show .I have missed half of season 1 ..only watched up to "the defiant one" and the finale ..and yeah it (the finale)
                    was great but for the ship , I'll give it a miss .

Stargate TPTB is really the worst case I have ever known of treating the shippers of a series that way ..and it will never change ....They don't really give what shippers want . All they are really interested in is to create mixed discussions in the fandom so that they know that every aspect of the show is taken into account ..the bad points and the good points ..The only reason Pete went is because he was badly perceived by nearly all the fans . He was a plot device ..and came to late in the show ..We all know why Pete was there and the reasons for him to be there were really lame .

Anyway Atlantis may be a good show ..and I will never say it is not but only for the Sci-fi stories , nothing else ...the rest is TPTP messing around with the shippers like they always do .

I think there is a new show called "Lost" which is apparently a big hit in the US ..In each forum I visit there is a special thread for it ...and the number of Posts are huge ..it looks really good ..I wonder when they gonna show it in the UK !!!..soon probably ..I can't wait to get into something new with a different TPTB ...I also heard that the ship in there was great ..so

Hope I didn't rant too much!!!!!! ...I still love Stargate but it was very stressfull for me to watch specially season 7 and 8 ...and I didn't really enjoyed that aspect of watching the show . I stayed calm most of the time ..but I don't want to experience that ever again ..so Stargate TPTB is out of my books regarding ship stories at least ...let's say I won't make a BIG deal of it .

But I'd give a chance to any new sci-fi or Murder mystery TPTB .

"Cold case" and "CSI" specially Las Vegas although I also watch CSI Miami ..are 2 excellent shows
                    I also started to watch" Smallville " which is great and "24" is mostly interesting , a bit upsetting obviously but so entertaining

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 26 April 2005, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                      I am a little ticked that they are planning to
                      Spoiler:
                      develop a relationship between Sheppard and Teyla. Personally Teyla makes me sick, and that will give me one more reason to not watch SGA. If TPTB got so much flak from fans not wanting ship on SG-1, why do it on SGA???

I knew it ..In Atlantis ((Kri))) they gonna mess even more with the ship ... I said it when I realized ( by reading forums)that they were as many Weir/Sheppard and Sheppard/Teyla shippers ....so me if I watch it ..I'll concentrate only in the sci-fi stories and ignore the rest ..I'll be better off that way .I also bet that
                      Spoiler:
                      that Sheppard will never end up with Weir or Teyla ..because TPTB will play around as much as they can with the 2 ship ...and at the end ..he''ll find a damsel in distress on a planet to be with or go back to earth ...and forget about Teyla and Weir as eventual romantic partners , find somebody else and move on ...Those 2 ship have been established from the very beginning and I hate what they are doing with the romance in Atlantis ..they are mixing and upsetting all the shippers feelings ..They gonna please the Teyla /Sheppard shippers , take it away ...upset them ..then do a bit of Sheppard /Weir ..take it awaY upset those shippers ..and carry on like that until the very end ..which means we'll never see any deep feelings between Sheppard/Weir or Sheppard/Teyla . Sad but in my opinion ..this is what TPTB is doing in the ship in Atlantis ..They want to stir things up so that all shippers get upset and hope for the best in their relative ship Sad not for me me though because I don't ship in Atlantis ...although if I was shipping . I'll go for Sheppard/Weir because I can relate to Weir more than Teyla ..I really like Weir's character
                      and I'm so glad we only had Jack matched with Sam from the very beginning ..otherwise I would have switched to another channel ...

Caty
                      Last edited by Catysg1; 26 April 2005, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Awwww MB! I got a real busy day today and wont have time to watch Sight Unseen again So I'm gonna have to rely on my Shipper Family to answer for me until I get chance.

Caty - I wish there were more hours in the day so I could follow some other shows. I only saw occasional re-runs of x-files cos I just couldn't fit it into the schedule. I absolutely loved Alias - but only saw S1&2. It left Sky One - and I haven't a clue where it is now.

I guess I'm so hooked on Stargate cos it's the only show I've been able to follow for the past 4 years with any consistency (re-runs and box sets saw to the rest ). I'm just a sucker for angst and love the other characters too much to let it go easily. I really like the idea of the stargate itself too - it just fires my imagination. I started with SGA cos I don't see SG-1 lasting too much longer - and I need my Stargate Fix Plus - Shep's kinda cute. Give him a few years to develop some grey hair .....lol.

But Sam & Jack will reign forever in the shippy corner of my heart I'm glad we've had 8 years, and you and other shippily minded fans have made such great vids with them and written such great fanfic. There's enough out there to keep me sustained for at least another year
                        Last edited by Oma-1; 26 April 2005, 02:01 AM. Reason: typos typos typos :rolleyes:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                          I'm posting this as a general thank you to everyone on this shipper thread. I am relatively new to the Forum, and I thoroughly enjoyed Shipper Day on Saturday. Your posts and pics were terrific and everyone has been very helpful and friendly.

I do have a question. I was "dinged" on Sunday, I don't know by who or why and I do not believe it was on this thread. My question is, how do I leave positive feedback for someone? I have truly enjoyed many of the posts, but don't understand how to leave positive reputation points. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you again for all the fun and laughs! And I'm very jealous of your incredible signatures.

((((Lida ))) I think it's awfull that you got ding as a newcomer That person who dinged you is really unfair ..Aren't we supposed to welcome the newcomers with open arms and explain to them how the forum works instead of dinging for the sake of it ?!!!!. it's really sad that that dinger didn't realize yet that that thead is a family thread ...As a family thread , we do ask questions about other things that Samand Jack sometimes specially if they are newcomers and do not know their way around .

and to the dinger .. we do have a serious Sam and Jack discussion thread for you where no off topics are allowed ..You will find that in that other thread ...there is no off topic fun .

HERE :

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10397

I brought it back to first page just for you

could you please go and ding in that thread ..Your new job will be to supervise the serious Sam and Jack thread ..Discussion only ..and ding as your heart content

....but here we are having fun with a bit of off topic sometimes ( the only things not allowed in the family thread is perhaps to just say Good bye and tak ONLY about what we did today ) because we are a family ..and that's it .

The other Sam and Jack discussion thread is not a family oriented thread and is for shippers who only want to discuss seriously the relationship .

I hope it's now clear and that we'll be left alone to play freely in the family thread .

A mod should talk to that dinger if they know who it is !!!

And can I just say ..that really I think all the shippers of that thread are doing pretty well to stay on topic and I haven't read any disturbing off topics for a while ..and even if we want to speak a little about Atlantis is in that thread ..I don't see the problem ... we are family ...it's only a post in passing and most of the time ...the slight off topic we make are related or compared to Sam and Jack which I think make great discussion and /or comparison

Caty
                          Last edited by Catysg1; 26 April 2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

She wouldn't be chasing him down the corridor just to say goodbye again! I'm sure she wanted to be convinced into going with. My shippy heart likes to think she would have said yes given the chance. If it had been the last season, she definitely would have!

Here's the moment for those who don't have the boxset to hand

JACK: You know, maybe it's just me, but I always thought when one GOT a
                            chance to leave, one actually LEFT. (Sam Smiles) Daniel's recuperating,
                            Teal'C's off visiting his kid somewhere, personally, I have a date with a
                            lake in Minnesota where the bass grow that big. (Opens his arms wide)

SAM: (Sarcastically) Really?!

JACK: Oh, Yes! What I'm describing here, Carter, involves a very special
                            element.

SAM: This IS fun to me, Sir.

JACK: Well, if --- playing with your little reactor sounds better than
                            exploring the lakes and natural beauty of Northern Minnesota, there's not
                            much I can do.

SAM: Was that an invitation --- Sir?

JACK: Nothing wrong with that is there? (She shakes her head, then looks
                            down to his chest, then back up to his eyes)**
                            Couple of Co-workers, friends
                            if you will, fishing. It'd be fun.

SAM: (Smiles) Wow! (Blushing?) I appreciate the offer, Sir, really! Sounds
                            great! But I should ---

JACK: (Answers her very quickly) No sweat! (She turns back to him) See you
                            in a week. And by all means, have fun! (He leaves) (Sam smiles)

SAM: (In the hallway) Colonel! (He turns) Uh --- (Looses her smile) (He
                            cocks his head , and raises his eyebrows) Have a good time!

JACK: Land of sky-blue waters, loofas, (Sam smiles real pretty here) ya sure
                            ya betcha' , snookums, mosquitoes ---

** she's checkin' him out - she's thinkin' about it - she's very tempted

I loved that scene (((Oma))) and I agree she was going to say yes ..He kept talking about it ..like it was the most delicious thing for him he ever did...and he wanted her company

Caty

Comment

Awwww MB! I got a real busy day today and wont have time to watch Sight Unseen again So I'm gonna have to rely on my Shipper Family to answer for me until I get chance.

Caty - I wish there were more hours in the day so I could follow some other shows. I only saw occasional re-runs of x-files cos I just couldn't fit it into the schedule. I absolutely loved Alias - but only saw S1&2. It left Sky One - and I haven't a clue where it is now.

I guess I'm so hooked on Stargate cos it's the only show I've been able to follow for the past 4 years with any consistency (re-runs and box sets saw to the rest ). I'm just a sucker for angst and love the other characters too much to let it go easily. I really like the idea of the stargate itself too - it just fires my imagination. I started with SGA cos I don't see SG-1 lasting too much longer - and I need my Stargate Fix Plus - Shep's kinda cute. Give him a few years to develop some grey hair .....lol.

But Sam & Jack will reign forever in the shippy corner of my heart I'm glad we've had 8 years, and you and other shippily minded fans have made such great vids with them and written such great fanfic. There's enough out there to keep me sustained for at least another year

Alias is great ..they are just showing Season 4 in the UK ...and it's all good I think I have enough clips to make a shippy video soon will be nice and exiting

and I wish you good luck with Atlantis and the ship specially with what I just heard as spoilers but I kind of guessed they would do something like that for a while
                              Atlantis I like but only as a sci-fi show ( no shipping for me )..I like Sheppard ..reminds me of a childish Jack so what not to like ..but won't be my favourite show ..and Stargate SG1 is nearly over ...rather over really the new team is taking over ..and won't last too long I reckon .

but still love Sam and Jack and the show in general specialy season 1 to 6 ....very good ...not as good as x-files but not far behind

They were the 2 best sci-fi shows of the last decade.

Caty

Comment

How are things in the shipper universe as of late? Sorry I haven't dropped by much but i've been working quite a bit and since I work in and RSL and we just had ANZAC day, I'm absolutely pooped! But on the upside I've earned just under AUD$1000 AFTER TAX in one weekend YEAH!! lol

Anyhoo, i'm up for some late night fic reading at the moment so if anyone can point me in the right direction i'm sure i'm not the only one on the thread who would be grateful to get some links to some good fic.

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                                -Stargate Theme

Comment

Working...
                                X