X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
    Time for another shippy question

What scene would you have ended with a kiss, a hug or head on shoulder?
    How about "all of them"??? <g>

Okay, at least 90%.

- Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      Ask, and you shall receive:

[CENTER]http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...rge.jpgCENTER]
      Thanks, I knew I was in the right place... You guys are awesome!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

MB - Great Minds
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
          MB - Great Minds
          Yeah, I had to look twice, I thought for a sec that you guys had those hidden away somewhere.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
          still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
            Yeah, I had to look twice, I thought for a sec that you guys had those hidden away somewhere.
            I just made mine...obviously others have theirs on file...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Nope, I just made mine too, but yours is better - you got the text to match Google is great for images
              sigpic

Comment

Have you all seen the new pic for Avalon? I have a horrible feeling that they are trying to lessen the standard of the show to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

This was posted on the Sam's A Great Character Thread, but bears repeating here:

Fiercely protective of the show and loathe to proffer any negative thoughts about it, Tapping admits she hasn't always been so enamoured with the producers' and writers' tack regarding women on Stargate SG-1. Displaying the honestly and openness for which she is famed, Tapping begins, "Let me preface this by saying that Vanessa Angel [Anise] is a wonderful, smart woman and was tremendous to work alongside. But I am glad the character of Anise went away. One of the things which has always made me proud about our show is that for so many years we've never resorted to overtly sexual tactics to get people to watch .... I think - and the fans' reaction seemed to bear this out - that to have some of the best and most interesting story lines in our history compromised by having a woman whose body was so stunning it could stop the traffic parading around in skimpy little outfits, was somehow beneath the high standard we had set for ourselves. Vanessa Angel is a bright, intelligent actor. She would have delivered a great performance whatever they clothed her in. We've had lots of beautiful women on the show, but for different reasons. My feeling is that Anise's tiny costumes were a blatant attempt to make the show sexier. I mean, look at the stories we told in the Upgrades/Divide and Conquer arc: O'Neill and Sam finally admit their love for each other, the Tok'ra alliance is strengthened and Martouf dies. There are major things happening in these episodes and I think we sold ourselves short by adding that unnecessary element."

So what then, without Jack on base and a front and center focus on Sam/Jack, does this mean that they will start adding that "unnecessary element"? Just because Jack's not around as much they're going to over sexualize the rest of the show?

May it never be! I certainly hope that this is not even a passing thought in the minds of TPTB.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That was the thought I had when I saw Vala's outfit. I thought, here we go, back to the scantily clad sex goddesses. I think it really lowers the tone of the show and is completely unneccessary to the story line. It's in the same vein as the Sam/Pete scene in Chimera. I have to skip that bit when the kids are watching - and I don't like watching it either. I wouldn't be overly happy watching it between Sam & Jack cos it's just not necessary. I thought the way they shot Jack / Kerry was plenty.

This sexualisation of the show also makes me concerned at letting the kids watch. I think I feel a question for Joe coming on ....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                    Just to show you what a nutcase I am about Sam and Jack, when they auctioned off Sam's costume, from BTS, I won it, just because she had worn it, while resting on Jack's shoulder. It's the one costume I have that I keep available, just so I can touch it when I'm feeling the need for a SG-1/Shipper fix.
                    welcome, lida! and it's *great* that you've got such a shippy costume to treasure (and touch).

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Good for AT.I also once heard AT mention she was not crazy about having every guest Star falling for Sam either.That picture is not a good sign for
                      Spoiler:
                      Season 9.I have a bad feeling once Vala is out of the picture and with Jack out of the Picure TPTB are going to use Sam to Sex up the show.Having all of Sam's Man friends return puts up the Red Flag.The more I hear about Season 9 the more I realize I will not miss watching Season 9.TPTB want to go down this Road they'll do it without me.On another note I was wondering if Anyone read the interview with Carmen Argenziano Jacob Carter.Carmen had some interesting thoughs on who he thinks Sam should be with.I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but Let me just say I'am glad Carmen is not in charge of Ship.Carmen made it sound like Jacob was not to fond of Jack.I guess I never understood the Jacob character.I also did not learn my lesson about reading interviews from the Actors.I always come away disappointed.
                      Last edited by ses110; 23 April 2005, 09:13 PM.

Comment

TPTB can't do that. Carter is such an amazing character and to make her scifi bimbo of the galaxy is not good for the ratings. Any way I still would like to believe that TPTB will eventually give the story its proper ending Sam and Jack together.IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by ses110

(snip)

On another note I was wondering if Anyone read the interview with Carmen Argenziano Jacob Carter.Carmen had some interesting thoughs on who he thinks Sam should be with.I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but Let me just say I'am glad Carmen is not in charge of Ship.Carmen made it sound like Jacob was not to fond of Jack.I guess I never understood the Jacob character.I also did not learn my lesson about reading interviews from the Actors.I always come away disappointed.
                          i'm glad carmen doesn't write for stargate either.

it really doesn't matter what carmen thinks is best for sam, it's what is shown on screen. carmen acted jacob the way it was written, not the way he, himself, wanted things to go for sam.

as for reading actors views on things, with stargate in mind, i think the only actor's opinion i've read that didn't bother me in some way was.... uh... still thinking.... i guess chris judge. and i'm talking strictly show/character related, because i've read a couple of things from him when he's talking personal stuff (friendships, stuff with michael) that i wished i hadn't read. but every single other actor has something that i wished i hadn't read. but they have the right to their opinions, just like us. go figure.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Sally we Shippers have to remind ourselves not to read interviews.I keep hoping to come across something good and I get burned every time.It's just strange to have the character act one way on screen and then have the Actor say something totally different and your left scratching your Head.It feels like your watching two different Shows.

Comment

Weighing in a little late...
                              Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              Shippers
                              1.- How did you become shippers?
                              Uh, in the womb? If you're meaning the chronic shipper part that would be pretty much from birth lol. If you're meaning the Jack and Sam part, somewhere in Season 3, I think.

2.- What was the first sign you saw of shippiness without intended to be shippy ?
                              The hug in "Into the Fire" but I don't think I realized it fully until "Divide and Conquer" (I remember being blown away when Jack said he cared)

3.- What ep can you not live without?
                              Lost City. It's everything I ever wanted from Stargate.

4.- What scene can you not live without?
                              The hand on the ice at the end of Lost City and Jack looking at her--rips my heart out every time.

5.- In what ep you shouted YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Window of Opportunity
                              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

looks like I'm not the only one not sleeping. But I have to say the scene in Fail Safe where they're getting ready to die after saving the world-again- there's scene where evrybody's swraled out getting comfortable, and Jack is lying by
                                Sam's feet. I don't know why that gets me, but the relaxed, confortable feeling like he wants to be near her when he dies. that breif shot gets me evry time.

Comment

Working...
                                X