This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cassie
    Did anyone else notice when Jack said that Kanan "loved her, he came back for her. He wanted to save her" that he wasn't just talking about that realtionship hhmmmm....
    Yep, those are the most important words. And remember what Jonas said, "Kanan will be forced to judge himself by everything that makes [Jack] who he is"--including his love for Sam. Gads, I love Jonas--he's such a shipper!
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfury
      Abyss is totally shippy.
      Oh, yeah. To see just *how* shippy, check out SNY's "Abyss Tribute" video.

www.snyart.com

Comment

min rant time.

the more i hear about the NEW AND IMPROVED season 9, the more i don't think i can do this. sam and jack are my fave characters, and teal'c and daniel literally bore me, so... so this new season is just basically a new show, that daniel and teal'c just happen to be on. just rename the thing already, you know.

rant over.

sally :/
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          min rant time.

the more i hear about the NEW AND IMPROVED season 9, the more i don't think i can do this. sam and jack are my fave characters, and teal'c and daniel literally bore me, so... so this new season is just basically a new show, that daniel and teal'c just happen to be on. just rename the thing already, you know.

rant over.

sally :/
          (((((Sally)))))

OT, I know but there's always Ben to drool over! (Tame and I have been drooling over him in Farscape for the last several months) I'm going to give it a chance bc you never know but if it's not to my liking after three or four eps then I'll change the channel--it's that simple.

Comment

Come on, Sally! You know your rant isn't over. Every once in awhile, we just have to get it all out, don't we? I'm just as guilty.

I haven't checked in much today. It was a real busy RL day.....to much to do and not enough time to get it done. But I have really enjoyed this evening's discussion of "Abyss." I had never considered that Jack didn't think he had the goodness to ascend.....but it does make perfect sense. I had concentrated only on the fact that he trusted Sam to find him. I can see where both probably weighed in his mind.

As to S9, I have to join Sally. While watching "Zero Hour" again this evening, it occurred to me that part of what makes SG-1 so special is Rick's interactions with everyone. Will BB now just get all the snarky lines that would have gone to Rick? Sigh. It won't be the same. Even though there was very little ship in "Zero Hour," I really enjoyed rewatching it. And I just don't think the show will be the same without him!!!!!

Ok....that's my rant for tonight. So, you can put Sally and me both down as post-rant.....for now!

Comment

Rant on Sally.I used to Look forward to July and the New Season and now I cannot do it anymore.There nothing left for me with this Show.I'am not going to watch every week with the Slight chance of Seeing
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack Ship or hearing Sam talk about Jack.I finally learned my lesson after 8 Years.It feels wrong to have a Season 9 without RDA.The new episodes hold very little appeal to me.TPTB made a Big deal about wrapping old stories and there bringing back soo many old character and there all Sam Man Friends.I have no desire to see Sam Flirt or Play nice with these characters for a second time.RDA was my favorite character and I Loved the Sam and Jack Ship so there's very little left to watch.The Show will Live on in my Season 1-6 DVD'S and Fanfiction.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Come on, Sally! You know your rant isn't over. Every once in awhile, we just have to get it all out, don't we? I'm just as guilty.

I haven't checked in much today. It was a real busy RL day.....to much to do and not enough time to get it done. But I have really enjoyed this evening's discussion of "Abyss." I had never considered that Jack didn't think he had the goodness to ascend.....but it does make perfect sense. I had concentrated only on the fact that he trusted Sam to find him. I can see where both probably weighed in his mind.

As to S9, I have to join Sally. While watching "Zero Hour" again this evening, it occurred to me that part of what makes SG-1 so special is Rick's interactions with everyone. Will BB now just get all the snarky lines that would have gone to Rick? Sigh. It won't be the same. Even though there was very little ship in "Zero Hour," I really enjoyed rewatching it. And I just don't think the show will be the same without him!!!!!

Ok....that's my rant for tonight. So, you can put Sally and me both down as post-rant.....for now!
                (((sg-1fanintn)))

thanks.

as much as i'm going to miss rda/jack MAMMOTHLY, i've still got my fave character and actress, amanda tapping. but if she's barely in it... i still don't know how much she'll be in it, but it's the ONLY thing keeping me going here. there's no assurances of s/j ship (whether logic would tell you it would continue or not), so my only life-line to this show is sam/amanda. i'm not a real fan of farscape (barely gave it a view), so that makes it hard for me to care about ben browder and/or claudia black. see, if this show's going to change that much, then i think the writers should just rename the show and be done with it. i'll still give it a try (after sam returns), but to continue with it will depend solely on what they do with sam carter. but those first five eps... i'll just read the transcript or something so i know what's going on for when sam returns. oh, and i'll record the jack eps (one and three) and only play back his parts. i'm telling you, these last two seasons took so much out of me that my interests have narrowed down to fine points, and those points are sam, s/j ship, and jack. and that's literally all.

sorry for the downish posts, but... i didn't come on the forum in this mood. *snort*

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Sam and Jack forever. Theyre now that I got that cleared up, let me say a few things.
                  1) Jack and Sam not being in SG1 is good for us shippies. Why? Coz our imaginations can go WILD!
                  2) Possibility of more ships - Vala/Daniel, Lexa doigs character/Mitchel etc etc
                  3) My interpretation of the fishing scene at the end of Threads and Mobius was that Sam and Jack were together! No one can ever take that away from me ever now!!!!!YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                    (((sg-1fanintn)))

thanks.

as much as i'm going to miss rda/jack MAMMOTHLY, i've still got my fave character and actress, amanda tapping. but if she's barely in it... i still don't know how much she'll be in it, but it's the ONLY thing keeping me going here. there's no assurances of s/j ship (whether logic would tell you it would continue or not), so my only life-line to this show is sam/amanda. i'm not a real fan of farscape (barely gave it a view), so that makes it hard for me to care about ben browder and/or claudia black. see, if this show's going to change that much, then i think the writers should just rename the show and be done with it. i'll still give it a try (after sam returns), but to continue with it will depend solely on what they do with sam carter. but those first five eps... i'll just read the transcript or something so i know what's going on for when sam returns. oh, and i'll record the jack eps (one and three) and only play back his parts. i'm telling you, these last two seasons took so much out of me that my interests have narrowed down to fine points, and those points are sam, s/j ship, and jack. and that's literally all.

sorry for the downish posts, but... i didn't come on the forum in this mood. *snort*

sally
                    I'd give you a hug, Sally, but by your state location, I'd say you've got your hands full organizing the bouquet throw...

I'm sticking with the show because of Sam and the hope that we'll see some kind of on screen resolution (ie., a kiss of the big honkin variety), and that's about it.

Right now, all of the other story lines that I really like have been wrapped up for the most part and I'm not quite on board with the Season 9 stories, but that will probably change (hey, it's months away...I know it'll change).

I believe that, if S/J aren't together really right now, that it will definitely happen (I think that Season 8 sealed that bad boy in stone)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads

what's my fave sam/jack ep right now? 'threads'. partly because it's the freshest in my head , but also because it was MEGA shippy! in one ep alone; sam was jealous, jack was jealous, sam dumped boyfriend, jack got dumped by girlfriend, sam and jack 'connected' in the infirmary, and sam and jack went fishing! okay, teal'c and daniel were there too, but not the whole time! it's a great ep and i wrote the ptb a thank you note for it.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I've just watched SNY's Abyss tribute vid - it that amazing or is that amazing! It was fantastic! I've always been a fan of Abyss (in a strange horrified sort of way ) and the poignancy of the ship - but this vid makes me appreciate it even more. If any one hasn't seen it yet - go watch - NOW! That's an order!
                        sigpic

Comment

To all the shippers here who have repped me over the past few days :
                          (((((((((((((((((((((((Thank You)))))))))))))))))))))))
                          I'm watching the repeats on Sky again at the moment. Season 4... for me it's the ultimate season of ship. In every episode there are moments between Sam and Jack. The looks... the longing. Just watching it makes me sad, knowing that they have
                          Spoiler:
                          four years ahead of them before they even get to go fishing together!!
                          I think it actually made Stargate unrealistic... the level of UST in S4 was just mindblowing. D&C, WoO, BtS, Entity, 2010 and then the little shippy moments in Tangent, Small Victories... what else have I missed? That's nearly half a season of shippy moments! I really thought J & S would be forced to 'deal with it' in S5.. I was shocked when it wasn't addressed. As much as I respect the characters for adhering to the rules, I just can't help but feel that in real life, that much emotion would... boil over. And they'd have been forced to adopt new positions within SG1 in order to deal with it... (get your minds out of the gutter! )
                          Anyway, enough of my randominity. When's mini-ship day??
                          I can't wait for *official* ship day, either...

Comment

4hrs 15mins ... and counting
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
                              I'm watching the repeats on Sky again at the moment. Season 4... for me it's the ultimate season of ship. In every episode there are moments between Sam and Jack. The looks... the longing. Just watching it makes me sad, knowing that they have
                              Spoiler:
                              four years ahead of them before they even get to go fishing together!!
                              I think it actually made Stargate unrealistic... the level of UST in S4 was just mindblowing. D&C, WoO, BtS, Entity, 2010 and then the little shippy moments in Tangent, Small Victories... what else have I missed? That's nearly half a season of shippy moments! I really thought J & S would be forced to 'deal with it' in S5.. I was shocked when it wasn't addressed. As much as I respect the characters for adhering to the rules, I just can't help but feel that in real life, that much emotion would... boil over. And they'd have been forced to adopt new positions within SG1 in order to deal with it... (get your minds out of the gutter! )
                              Yep, me too! After having so much ship in season 4, I figured season 5 would be them actually dealing with it. I was surprised when it got pushed to the back again, with the exception of a few moments it was almost like season 4 hadn't happened. Really, there was so much between them in season 4, it should have been more addressed in season 5. Ah well, at least
                              Spoiler:
                              they went fishing eventually.
                              Uncontrolled Destiny
                              My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                If TPTB or any of the stars are tired of shippers asking shippy questions, I really do feel sorry for them. Did they ever stop to think that if we do quit asking it would be because we are not watching. I realize that everyone watches Stargate for too many different reasons to even name here but for whatever reason they are watching, they ARE watching. No one could ever say that one reason was ever more important than the other and no one should ever be made to feel that the reason they are watching is wrong, stupid or not creative enough. If I were a PTB or even one of the actors and I had to answer a shippy question that has been asked one million times before I would always try to answer it as though it was the first because this person is showing interest into something that I am doing. There are millions and millions of other actors that would probably love the chance to have someone just ask them one question. My point here is that if TPTB and the actors are tired of answering the same questions than maybe it is time to end it and move on. We are not asking TPTB of Stargate about JAG questions, we are asking about Sam and Jack a relationship that they created. I so agree with you Sally, when I attended my very first Con this past summer, I was so intimidated to even bring Sam and Jack up that I waited until folks said something about them, and if they didn't it went unsaid. When we would talk about them I always felt like we were talking about a taboo subject and soon a battle would commence and I got the impression that they did as well. Even though I had a great time and met a load of nice folks, I wouldn't do it again. I truly feel that any response from a question asked about ship at a convention is so not an accurate account, most are probably intimidated and others like Sally said may not even understand. We shippers tend to be very nice, non threatening type people who don't force our views on others and who let others have their opinion even when the same is not always done for us. There are those of us that are vocal and I say thank goodness it is a very tough job.
                                Very well said. I agree with you. The only cons I have ever been too were Star trek/general Sci fi and those were years ago. I think that I would probably feel too intimidated to ask any ship questions either. I feel sad that the tptb can't enjoy their successes enough to be able to happily answer questions from all facets of fandom including shippers.

Happy Mini Shipper Day everyone, Just in case I can't come back Later.
                                peg
                                sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
                                Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Working...
                                X