This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here are a few more that I dug up--

The fishing invite from Season 2 (I never can seem to remember the name of that ep lol)

End of Singularity when Jack shows up with the dog
    At Sam's door in Ascension
    The beginning of 100 Days
    When she blows up the sun (can't remember that ep name either but it's end of S4/beginning of S5 -ish)
    End of Tangent--she is really glad to see he's alive
    Beginning and end of Small Victories (you knew that one)
    Beginning of Evo 2
    Point of View (if you're okay with AU)
    Watergate--when they're standing in front of the plane in snowsuits and Jack is mouthing off (she smiles a lot when he does that )

These clips I used in "I Drove All Night" if you need to reference them. I think you've got me obsessed with this now lol
    Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
    Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
    Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
      Okay, here are a few more that I dug up--

The fishing invite from Season 2 (I never can seem to remember the name of that ep lol)

End of Singularity when Jack shows up with the dog
      At Sam's door in Ascension
      The beginning of 100 Days
      When she blows up the sun (can't remember that ep name either but it's end of S4/beginning of S5 -ish)
      End of Tangent--she is really glad to see he's alive
      Beginning and end of Small Victories (you knew that one)
      Beginning of Evo 2
      Point of View (if you're okay with AU)
      Watergate--when they're standing in front of the plane in snowsuits and Jack is mouthing off (she smiles a lot when he does that )

These clips I used in "I Drove All Night" if you need to reference them. I think you've got me obsessed with this now lol
      Wait...I thought the first fishing invite was from Nemesis - last ep of Season 3. Was there a Season 2 invite I missed?

And notice how tough it is to get specific Jack smiling at SAM and her reciprocating. Much easier to find Sam smiling at something Jack said/did.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Doesn't Jack smile at Sam in the tent in Emancipation?

Jack: You look great by the way

Edit: I'll do some homework today for ya cos I can't think of any more
        Last edited by Oma-1; 21 April 2005, 10:47 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Wait...I thought the first fishing invite was from Nemesis - last ep of Season 3. Was there a Season 2 invite I missed?

And notice how tough it is to get specific Jack smiling at SAM and her reciprocating. Much easier to find Sam smiling at something Jack said/did.
          I'm sure you're right on that ep name for the fishing invite--it's not an ep that seems to stick with me for some reason lol. Agreed. It's very hard to find Jack smiling first.

As for the extra long Grace kiss--that kiss is 4 seconds, 7 frames. Anything longer is slo-mo, reverse, or some other effect.

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
            I'm sure you're right on that ep name for the fishing invite--it's not an ep that seems to stick with me for some reason lol. Agreed. It's very hard to find Jack smiling first.

As for the extra long Grace kiss--that kiss is 4 seconds, 7 frames. Anything longer is slo-mo, reverse, or some other effect.
            Yes but couldn't help but notice the camera angle being different as one from a bystander behind the director...and if there's one new cut there has to be more............

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yes but couldn't help but notice the camera angle being different as one from a bystander behind the director...and if there's one new cut there has to be more............

Oh I know what you're talking about now! Took me a sec! That's behind the scenes footage I think. They did twelve takes of that scene you'd think we would have gotten a bit more!

Comment

Got a couple more - I think.

There's this one - can't remember the ep though .....

Secrets - as they're coming down the stairs in to the room

Ascension - doesn't Jack smile when he announces pizza? Although it does have T in that v questionable outfit

Tangent - doesn't Jack smile at the beginning on the tarmac as T does the fly by?

Do the smiles have to be specifically for Sam, or will any smile do?

Edit: Ooooooh - does Jack smile in the
                Spoiler:
                fishing
                scene? If he doesn't - he SHOULD
                Last edited by Oma-1; 21 April 2005, 10:59 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  Got a couple more - I think.

There's this one - can't remember the ep though .....

Secrets - as they're coming down the stairs in to the room

Ascension - doesn't Jack smile when he announces pizza? Although it does have T in that v questionable outfit

Tangent - doesn't Jack smile at the beginning on the tarmac as T does the fly by?

Do the smiles have to be specifically for Sam, or will any smile do?

Edit: Ooooooh - does Jack smile in the
                  Spoiler:
                  fishing
                  scene? If he doesn't - he SHOULD
                  Well now I have to know where that Jack-smirk comes from...

And yes, the smiles MUST be specifically for SAM!!!

Comment

CotG - the moonshine bit I think they're mainly Sam smiling at Jack though
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                      CotG - the moonshine bit I think they're mainly Sam smiling at Jack though
                      Darn. I don't have season 1 yet...

I know there's more! He smiles a lot. She smiles alot. Don't they smile a lot at each other???

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                        Oh Caty... I really hope the show doesn't *tank*...mainly because there really are alot of people that like the show and I really would like to see the other actors still have a job......

BUT I truly like your idea about RDA coming back if AT decides to leave the show...THAT would be awesome....at least it would be a DEFINITE ending for the Sam & Jack romance and I can't think of one good reason that TPTB couldn't do that for us

Being a HUGE Farscape fan...I can only say that to me personally the *ship* of John and Areyn was handled in a way that kept up the UST even though we had RST for a season. I LOVED John and Aeryn because they never made her seem wimpy nor him sappy....

I really think the SG PTBs could have done the same if they had just committed to Sam & Jack as a couple..... but they HAD to fence sit...the snots

I know Tame but unless they advertise season 9 properly then who 's gonna know about the new guys !!!

because I really don't think they advertise the show that well ...For example here in the UK ...24 , Nip tuck , Law and order are shows which are very well advertised ..it's in your face nearly at all the adverts ...but usually before a new season of Stargate starts , there is no much telling us about it ....I mean you could actually miss it if you didn't know it would start on that day ..so what I 'm saying ..TPTB should do the same as those shows if they want some new Fans to start watching the show ...The problem is that Daniel, Teal'c and Sam are all still there ...so it may be a problem to actually understand their characters who have been establised for a long time ...on the other hand , it may attract the new fans to buy the DVD's from previuos seasons to watch the character developement ...but for that ..they need to know that stargate SG1 season 9 is like a new beginning and that may be ..some news fans may enjoy watching it and see some new characters.

But the thing is ..How long can a show last ?!! isn't 9 seasons enough ?!!! When the lead actor wants to stop ...I think it is a reason to stop the show ..because at the end instead of going high ..the show will go down low and it is sad .

Look at what most people think about the x-files now ? me I still love the x-files ...I was talking about all the shippy scenes ..and even without Mulder around there were a tremendous amount of shippy scenes in season 8 and 9( within and without was full of ship and Mulder was like in there for 10 seconds ) .I also liked Doggett and Reyes ..but again they should have changed the title a little to make sure that fans were happy about the direction they were taking ...that was all they needed to do ...Still I think x-files was grand and it is a cult show .

I hope and truly hope RDA will be there for the finale to gracefully exit Amanda from the show ..even if it 's not the end of it .
                        I hope there will be able to use Amanda as a great soldier but also use her for the Sam/Jack ship through phone calls or chats to Teal'c about Jack and that she'll say that he 'll pop round to SGC later ( Will be nice to let the fans know that RDA will be there for the finale ...and not keep it as a secret for too long if he comes back )

Caty

Comment

If TPTB or any of the stars are tired of shippers asking shippy questions, I really do feel sorry for them. Did they ever stop to think that if we do quit asking it would be because we are not watching. I realize that everyone watches Stargate for too many different reasons to even name here but for whatever reason they are watching, they ARE watching. No one could ever say that one reason was ever more important than the other and no one should ever be made to feel that the reason they are watching is wrong, stupid or not creative enough. If I were a PTB or even one of the actors and I had to answer a shippy question that has been asked one million times before I would always try to answer it as though it was the first because this person is showing interest into something that I am doing. There are millions and millions of other actors that would probably love the chance to have someone just ask them one question. My point here is that if TPTB and the actors are tired of answering the same questions than maybe it is time to end it and move on. We are not asking TPTB of Stargate about JAG questions, we are asking about Sam and Jack a relationship that they created. I so agree with you Sally, when I attended my very first Con this past summer, I was so intimidated to even bring Sam and Jack up that I waited until folks said something about them, and if they didn't it went unsaid. When we would talk about them I always felt like we were talking about a taboo subject and soon a battle would commence and I got the impression that they did as well. Even though I had a great time and met a load of nice folks, I wouldn't do it again. I truly feel that any response from a question asked about ship at a convention is so not an accurate account, most are probably intimidated and others like Sally said may not even understand. We shippers tend to be very nice, non threatening type people who don't force our views on others and who let others have their opinion even when the same is not always done for us. There are those of us that are vocal and I say thank goodness it is a very tough job.

Comment

Yup...I know of Evolution pt. 2 and Small Victories and Grace...but I need more!

Think, people. THINK!

Uber, I just saw Spirits and when Jack is injured (hospital bed) and Carter is leaving to the mission, first SG1 mission as the leader, he smies at her.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Nickatell - Although I'm planning to go to GateCon next year...I'm not going to approach the subject of Sam and Jack...or any ship for that matter for the reasons you've just said.

Sadly...this whole 'taboo' thing seems limited to the US and Canada and it's a shame because I'm betting there's just as many shippers there as there are in Europe and Australasia.

At conventions and clubs I've been to, ship's not seen as taboo. At Star Trek things...I've mentioned ship to people and the answer's been 'Whatever floats your boat!' and at the one and only Stargate Con I've been to the answer was 'Whatever dials your gate!'

One nice thing that happened at the Stargate con that myself, Astro and Mishy attended was when a question about Janet/Daniel question was asked by two members of the Daniel/Janet fanlisting. There wasn't a bad vibe or a sudden hush after the question was asked, and Teryl didn't mind answering it...I think TPTB would get a fright if they went to a con in the UK...
                              sigpic
                              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yup...I know of Evolution pt. 2 and Small Victories and Grace...but I need more!

Think, people. THINK!

This hard uummm....

The Serpent’s Lair-When Sam bites Jack on the hand
                                Secrets-at the beginning and talking to “Dad”
                                Learning Curve
                                Past and Present-Sam’s lab “lalalalalala”
                                Nemesis-
                                Sam-“Colonel! Uh have a good time!
                                Jack –Land of sky blue waters, loofas, you sure you betcha, snookums, mosquitoes"
                                WoO
                                Sight Unseen-I think when Jack asks Sam to go fishing AGAIN!
                                Memento-one of the last scenes!

Okay my head hurts now

Comment

Working...
                                X