This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    Yeah, I always thought that Teal'c would be the one to give Jack a kick in the butt.
    LOL, me too. T's been watching them for years! I know he's the strong, silent, patient one, but even T knows that when it's time to act ... it's time to act
    sigpic

Comment

((((((Bev)))))))

You just got me my 6th glowy jello and made me a loyal advisor ..... er, wasn't I one already

*looks at sig - squints a bit - looks again*
      sigpic

Comment

I understand why RDA wants to retire and spend more time with his family ( Good for him) but I hope that he will come back for at least the finale of season 9 ..specially if it is the last season ..he opened the show and I think it's very important for him to close it to .

I Honestly think that season 9 will tank without RDA ...I don't think the ratings will go higher ...even with BB on board ...The only way it can do well is to rename the show ..why ?!!! because many people do not know about the Stargate SG1 show or they know about it but because they missed like 8 seasons ..they don't want to watch it half way through it .

On the other hand ..I know that some of them who have not watched SG1 at all .... decided to watch Atlantis from season 1 this year and they liked it ...I know that they are not relating Atlantis to SG1 because they know nothing about SG1 ...

....so what I'm saying is ...if they rename the show ..they have a greater chance to attract those people I was talking about ...If they don't well it will still be the same old fans ( without the shippers) and perhaps some of the farscape fans ( which is fine ...but they can't be that many )

As much as I liked the Farscape show ..I only saw a few episodes ..specially the John and Aeyrin episodes ..I was not really interested in the other aliens and the peacekeepers.. ect ...I did have a problem to understant that storyline ..and also the pilote of Moya ..and that Moya was alive ...I didn't get that too much ...I liked the miniserie though ...very good ..the ending was excellent ...
        Spoiler:
        stopping the war by theatening eveybody will die in the fire wormhole even Moya will explode with John , Aeryn , baby and the crew ..that was excellent ...I also enjoyed the very end scene ..with John lifting the baby a la lion king ..although that was very predictable

I like fiction ..but I prefer when it is slighly more real ...like Stargate ...at least the SPACEships are made of solid metal ..and the Stargate too .

I saw wish that the show could be renamed a little ...and not be called SG1 because it is not SG1 anymore ..not the same original team ..therefore SG whatever but not number 1 ..cuz will never be number 1 for me

Still I will watch like I did with Atlantis ..but I gave up in the middle of Atlantis ..I expect the same will happen to me for Season 9 but I 'll see ...So far , I'm giving it a chance although I wish there would not be any season 9 .
        I think that season 9 is the last one for both RDA and AT too ...Season 9 is the perfect exit for Amanda ..she just had a baby , will do 13 episodes and will say good bye to her fans with Jack/RDA back on time for the finale .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          I DEFINITELY cheered and I clapped so much and so hard I had bruises on my hands by the end of the day

Yup....EVERYONE let their dislike of the *Pete* storyline be heard so it really was nice that RCC got that message

(edited) uh... i 'thought' i was putting in a smiley face that also said thanks, but it looks like some odd add for real estate

so, here's some smileys...

sally
          Last edited by majorsal; 21 April 2005, 05:49 PM. Reason: because things got weird
          sally

sigpic

Comment

aah, guys, let's not even JOKE about lynching.

it's not a joke and especially wouldn't be one if you were rob reading that

Pete, pete you can have fun with because pete's not real. however rob is a real person
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
              LOL, me too. T's been watching them for years! I know he's the strong, silent, patient one, but even T knows that when it's time to act ... it's time to act
              Yeah i agree, It would be nice if teal'c was alone with Jack on a mission and Daniel was with sam and they both talked to sam and jack or vise versa. It would show how close they all are to each other in addition to speeding up el amore
              Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                aah, guys, let's not even JOKE about lynching.

it's not a joke and especially wouldn't be one if you were rob reading that

Pete, pete you can have fun with because pete's not real. however rob is a real person
                Oh goodie!!! Then as a System Lord, I hereby banish PETE to the deepest darkest Naquadah mine in my domain!!!!

MUAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!!!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                  I know what you mean about feeling like second class citizens. There was a non-shipper sitting in the front row right next to me, but it didn't stop me from applauding for the ship-heavy video they showed. (as it didn't keep others from booing). I get the impression that a lot of the non-shippers believe that it is the ONLY reason some of us watch the show. And in my case, that isn't true.
                  how could it be the only reason? if it was, we'd all be DEAD by now of disappointments and holding our breaths.

Once this lady next to me understood that I DID love other aspects of the show, she wasn't so down on me.
                  how nice of her.

There are a lot of assumptions made, especially when you claim yourself as being part of a group. All have their good and their bad aspects. I have always loved Jack and Sam shippiness, and I'd admit it anywhere.

i understand what you mean by assumptions and the good/bad aspects. heck, i've had to defend my shipper self more on the sam/jack list than to anti shippers.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26

Ship is a sensitive subject--just look at this thread. We all agree on the basics (we like Sam and Jack together) and yet we can't necessarily agree on other things. That's what makes us different. So the attitude I take is that I am first and foremost at the con bc I love the show. That doesn't mean that I agree with everyone there about everything else but we can at least agree on that. So if that means that I don't rip apart a PTB on stage for something I take issue about so that everyone has a good time, then so be it. It doesn't make me any less a shipper.
                    just so i'm understood on 'my' feelings/thoughts on this. i never expected or wanted anyone to 'tear' into the ptb. if i'd had been there, i just would have asked a shippy question (prob like the one i did in the ask joe thread), but if i didn't have the guts to stand up in front of everyone, i would had at least let the ptb know how much i enjoyed the ship they had given us and how much i wanted more. i've never looked at a con going as a place to attack the writers on what i didn't like, just as a place to enjoy the show, the ppl that make the show, and the fans. this whole rant with me started because i was afraid that we, as shippers, had been so browbeaten over time that we are afraid of declaring ourselves as shippers. we have nothing to be ashamed of. not on this thread, not on this forum, not in this fandom, and especially not from the ptb.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      I understand why RDA wants to retire and spend more time with his family ( Good for him) but I hope that he will come back for at least the finale of season 9 ..specially if it is the last season ..he opened the show and I think it's very important for him to close it to .

I Honestly think that season 9 will tank without RDA ...I don't think the ratings will go higher ...even with BB on board ...The only way it can do well is to rename the show ..why ?!!! because many people do not know about the Stargate SG1 show or they know about it but because they missed like 8 seasons ..they don't want to watch it half way through it .

On the other hand ..I know that some of them who have not watched SG1 at all .... decided to watch Atlantis from season 1 this year and they liked it ...I know that they are not relating Atlantis to SG1 because they know nothing about SG1 ...

....so what I'm saying is ...if they rename the show ..they have a greater chance to attract those people I was talking about ...If they don't well it will still be the same old fans ( without the shippers) and perhaps some of the farscape fans ( which is fine ...but they can't be that many )

As much as I liked the Farscape show ..I only saw a few episodes ..specially the John and Aeyrin episodes ..I was not really interested in the other aliens and the peacekeepers.. ect ...I did have a problem to understant that storyline ..and also the pilote of Moya ..and that Moya was alive ...I didn't get that too much ...I liked the miniserie though ...very good ..the ending was excellent ...
                      Spoiler:
                      stopping the war by theatening eveybody will die in the fire wormhole even Moya will explode with John , Aeryn , baby and the crew ..that was excellent ...I also enjoyed the very end scene ..with John lifting the baby a la lion king ..although that was very predictable

I like fiction ..but I prefer when it is slighly more real ...like Stargate ...at least the SPACEships are made of solid metal ..and the Stargate too .

I saw wish that the show could be renamed a little ...and not be called SG1 because it is not SG1 anymore ..not the same original team ..therefore SG whatever but not number 1 ..cuz will never be number 1 for me

Still I will watch like I did with Atlantis ..but I gave up in the middle of Atlantis ..I expect the same will happen to me for Season 9 but I 'll see ...So far , I'm giving it a chance although I wish there would not be any season 9 .
                      I think that season 9 is the last one for both RDA and AT too ...Season 9 is the perfect exit for Amanda ..she just had a baby , will do 13 episodes and will say good bye to her fans with Jack/RDA back on time for the finale .

Caty
                      Oh Caty... I really hope the show doesn't *tank*...mainly because there really are alot of people that like the show and I really would like to see the other actors still have a job......

BUT I truly like your idea about RDA coming back if AT decides to leave the show...THAT would be awesome....at least it would be a DEFINITE ending for the Sam & Jack romance and I can't think of one good reason that TPTB couldn't do that for us

Being a HUGE Farscape fan...I can only say that to me personally the *ship* of John and Areyn was handled in a way that kept up the UST even though we had RST for a season. I LOVED John and Aeryn because they never made her seem wimpy nor him sappy....

I really think the SG PTBs could have done the same if they had just committed to Sam & Jack as a couple..... but they HAD to fence sit...the snots
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                        just so i'm understood on 'my' feelings/thoughts on this. i never expected or wanted anyone to 'tear' into the ptb. if i'd had been there, i just would have asked a shippy question (prob like the one i did in the ask joe thread), but if i didn't have the guts to stand up in front of everyone, i would had at least let the ptb know how much i enjoyed the ship they had given us and how much i wanted more. i've never looked at a con going as a place to attack the writers on what i didn't like, just as a place to enjoy the show, the ppl that make the show, and the fans. this whole rant with me started because i was afraid that we, as shippers, had been so browbeaten over time that we are afraid of declaring ourselves as shippers. we have nothing to be ashamed of. not on this thread, not on this forum, not in this fandom, and especially not from the ptb.

sally
                        ((((((((((Sally))))))))
                        I have to agree with you that it does seem like we have to *explain* being a Shipper sometimes.

I can't remember whose panel it was but the question was asked *Who in here is a Shipper* and I can honestly say that no more then a dozen hands went up in the entire audience.....I of course NOT ONLY raised my hand HIGH I WOO HOOed as well ... so there was NO mistake that TameFarrar was a shipper
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Oh goodie!!! Then as a System Lord, I hereby banish PETE to the deepest darkest Naquadah mine in my domain!!!!

MUAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!!!
                          I second that banish and want to raise a *Rubble Pile* to fall on him as well ...hee hee ok I am j/k but it would have been a spectacular ending for such a deserving character

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

sally
                            wow guys I see a lot is going on these days..here are my two cents about some stuffs

first the con...well anyway I don't think I would have gone there, it's too much money for not even meet AT . I enjoy all the actors and writters but don't really think I could go to something like that knowing that none of RDA or AT are there. Maybe next year... About the question I definitely know that I wouldn't ask anything cause I'm too shy and my english is not good enough to dare open my mouth ! and as for the shippy question, the problem is the writters are sick and tired of the same questions so I can easily understand they wouldn't like to hear it again and again, especially if non of the actors concerned are here to give their point of view about the evolution of their characters' feelings. So I don't care if noone asked the question, personally I think we wouldn't know more anyway. I think they know that we are a lot of shippers and that they can't just forget all about it...Joe is coming around here and sees how present the shippers are. But once again it's just my two cents and I totally understand that some of you regret the absence of shippy stuff at the con.

about the head on shoulder, I totally agree about Metamorphosis, I just love this scene and the Jack's impuissance, he can't do anything and he'd prefer giving his life that seeing her die... that's awseome...I think I'm gonna watch that tonite !! and T...I think he deserves a medal !! we should do that sometimes! dercerning a medal to our shipper supporter as Jacob, cassie or T !

about the petition...as hard as I hope RDA comes back for more than two apparances I can't sign something which implies that RDA would better come back on the set than taking care of his baby girl. I mean I'd love to see him again and especially for the season finale (and I hope the series finale) but I think it's too selfish to do so...He's not so young anymore and I totally understand his desire to spend time with his daughter...I know that they could find arrangements and go to LA or stuff like that but maybe they are doing it already...I just don't want to be an extreme shipper...If they give us more, I take !!of course but if they don't...well i'll just live with it and remember the last 8 years. I just want to wait and see what they decide by themselves cause anyway I don't think our voice matters...But once again I totally understand the desire you have to explain your opinion and point of view. I even found it a good idea at the beginning but now I'm thinking...I like SG1 a lot and not only for S&J so I'll give it a try and see...nothing more to do...

as for the change of name, in my opinion it will never happen...unfortunately cause that's true the sg1 we know and have experienced is gonna change completely...

hope I haven' hurt anyone with my message It's just my opinion and I totally understands that you guys think diferently and whatever happens or not happens I'll like S&J forever and for me they ARE and WILL be together ALWAYS !
                            Last edited by lonely_star; 21 April 2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                              ((((((((((Sally))))))))
                              I have to agree with you that it does seem like we have to *explain* being a Shipper sometimes.

I can't remember whose panel it was but the question was asked *Who in here is a Shipper* and I can honestly say that no more then a dozen hands went up in the entire audience.....I of course NOT ONLY raised my hand HIGH I WOO HOOed as well ... so there was NO mistake that TameFarrar was a shipper
                              most important thing first

((((((((((tame)))))))))))

on another thread (sam's a great character thread), a postee that had went to the con said this:

Originally posted by Tsaxlady
                              I admit I'm not a huge S/J shipper - however I really have enjoyed the interplay between them the late few years - so YES I did raise my hand .
                              I should also say that when Martin asked the question about shippers there were a few people that did not know what shipper meant. They were a couple of people sitting around me that said "What's a shipper?" When I explained to them a few said "Oh! well I guess I should have raised my hand"
                              so, that might have been one of the reasons why so few raised their hands (they didn't know what shipper meant )

*thanks, tame*

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey there...I have another mission for you all...

Please list for me the episodes in which

Jack smiles at Sam.

Sam smiles at Jack.

Jack and Sam are smiling at each other...In this category, I know of Evolution Pt.2 and Small Victories.

Thank you! And please get back to me soon on this one if you could...

I have my reasons...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X