Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts on Mobieus 2 and Season 9...........

Spoiler:
    I liked M2 for what it was. I did think it moved to fast and that they , the TPB, didn't give it the time and attention it deserved, considering they thought it was to be a Series Finale. It makes me sad more than angry for everyone, the actors and fans alike.

I thought the episodes as a whole were funny. AT and MS did great jobs as the "nerdy" Sam and Daniel, maybe a little over the top, but I guess thats what the writers wanted. I liked Jack better in the second half, he was a bit annoying in the first half. Chris Judge also did a really nice job as Teal'c in the second part.

As for the kiss......wished it hadn't been in the alternate timeline, but I liked it, not only for the kiss itself, but for the look on Sams face. Watch how she looks at him when he's talking to Daniel on the walkie talkie. I think she was feeling something that she didn't quite understand for this guy that she thinks she hardly knows (but I think the feelings are there no matter what timeline they are in). Another thing is when she said to him, "I wanted to get to know you better. usually I'm a very cautious person, I tend to think things through......" and then Jack kisses her. So this Sam was more emotional, whereas our Sam was more technical, so to speak. They were sort of switching places in their respective timelines.

Overall, good episode, not really up to season ender statis, but I can live with it.

Now on to Season 9. Yes, I will be watching because I like Ben Browder and Claudia Black. If it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't have watched until Amanda came back. I believe it will actually be good for Amanda and for the character of Sam that Jack won't be her direct superior officer. She'll be able to concentrate on the job at hand, not really having to answer to someone of a higher rank (I believe her and BBs character are the same rank). I think it'll be good for Amanda because she can play the character more as her own person, more relaxed and happy because Sams in a real relationship now, although off screen. She can hold up the ship by herself, maybe getting phone calls from Jack or mentioning him from time to time, perhaps getting a video call from him (if RDA wouldn't mind taping one or two) just so we don't go ship dry. I don't think it's right that Sam should lose command of SG-1, but I'll wait and see how it plays out.

Those are my thoughts, sort of a wait and see on Season 9.
    Heidi
    Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
      Yep I think it shouuld be Teal'c. Jack and him have a lot in common. Thor could be the little one that carries the rings!
      I agree... I love the idea of Thor carrying the rings... and Daniel can walk the bride...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Thanks sacme.It good to hear from you.I wonder if TPTB are now saying
        Spoiler:
        Sam is away on business and not with Jack because TPTB cannot get RDA to appear in more than episode 1 and 3.I hope that's not the case.I just find it hard to believe all the problems of Sam and Jack being together seem to be removed and there still not together to start Season 9.Something is up.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColSamONeill
          My thoughts on Mobieus 2 and Season 9...........

Spoiler:
          Overall, good episode, not really up to season ender statis, but I can live with it.

Those are my thoughts, sort of a wait and see on Season 9.
          Another thought for M2
          Spoiler:
          the producers thought that this would be the series finale, so they did all the action stuff in the previous episodes and left the "obvious resolution" (in JM words) for the series finale... that means that they wanted us to end with the thought that S/J where together and they left THAT for the series finale!!!!

What do you guys think?

Rina

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            Another thought for M2
            Spoiler:
            the producers thought that this would be the series finale, so they did all the action stuff in the previous episodes and left the "obvious resolution" (in JM words) for the series finale... that means that they wanted us to end with the thought that S/J where together and they left THAT for the series finale!!!!

What do you guys think?

Rina
            I think you're on to something there...

They didn't know there'd be a Season 9 when they filmed Moebius so the comments made by Jack to Sam at the end of Moebius 2 obviously were not originally intended as a lead in for her going off an doing something work-related...

Hey - I'm happy with the belief that S/J will eventually live happily ever after. I mean, we finally got our fishing trip...so miracles can happen!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Token
              I was shocked and disappointed when I read that. Then I started digesting it in the overall direction of Season 9. Here's my thoughts.
              Spoiler:
              It could be a good thing that she is off on a mission at the beginning and not with Jack in Washington. Remember, we will be seeing Jack with no Sam in the first 5 episodes. If they were together "together" that would be weird. So when AT comes back to film, TPTB will need to straighten out how Sam and Jack will be "together"; hopefully, that will be by having them have talk, kiss, whatever. Hope this makes sense. I'm just trying to stay positive!
              spoilers/speculation for s9
              Spoiler:
              I was disappointed too (not a good idea do upset a pmsing woman, ptb! ). But then I started thinking a bit like you. I HAVE to hold onto some hope or I'll just have to drop this whole thing. (don't listen to me, I'm pmsing).

Thus ends my G-rated version of this post.

Sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Tame you make some great points but IMO SG-1 can never be the Show I Loved
                Spoiler:
                without Jack and Without the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not see what else there is left for Sam Daniel and Teal'c.I should not say this because I never watched Farscape and while BB may have done a great job on the Show the Show did get cancelled for whatever reasons.I do not recall if it was in Season 3 or 4 but IMO BB still has alot to prove as far as carrying a Show.IMO RDA already proved he could carry a Show before SG-1.I will probably watch some of episodes 1 and 3 with RDA and I may watch the start of the 6th episode when AT comes back but my days of watching SG-1 every week are over.This is going to sound silly but a big reason for me not watching Season 9 is I'am afraid TPTB will bring back every guest start falling for Sam since Jack is pretty much out of the picture.I also would not put it past TPTB to have another Boyfriend for Sam.There may be pressure on TPTB to show more of a personal life for Sam since AT is the only Female lead.I rather not be around if these things happen.My only hope is RDA will be in the final 2 episodes of Season 9 so we get to see another AU Sam and Jack Kiss.
                Last edited by ses110; 26 March 2005, 08:39 PM.

Comment

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41...Jack/What2.jpg

*peeks head in* Is it ok to come back and play now??

I just wanted to make a comment about this pic that florence posted. Have you ever noticed the way Sam and Jack mimic each other's movements? Look at the way the pens are resting in their hands in the pic. Then watch their hands in the infirmary scene in Threads. They are making the same motions. I often find myself picking up the same mannerisms as my husband and it tickles me to no end to see Sam and Jack doing the same. How many times have you heard Sam say "Ya think?" lately.
                  Last edited by getcarter; 26 March 2005, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli
                    Hey guys, was just watching 2010 with mum when I noticed something from one of the scenes ive seen about a HUNDRED times before lol....

When Sam goes to ask Jack for help at the cabin she's like

"turns out me made a huge mistake"

then he says something along the lines of

"which one, we've made a few"

he's SOOOO alluding to the fact that something happened between them during the past ten years, something that is obviously unresolved!

2010 has always been one of my top 5 fav eps and I totally agree with you. You can tell that obviously something caused the rift between them other than the fact that she didn't side with him about the Aschen. Jack had a big hate on for Joe and I loved his 'dearly beloved Ambassador' comment he made. What made it especially shippy for me was that Sam didn't seem to care that her whole marriage wouldn't even exist if they sent the note back it time. It shows me that she thought she had made a huge mistake in that aspect as well.
                    Heidi
                    Jack and Sam=Grace

JOHN AND AERYN 4 EVER

HENRY AND HELEN=MORE THAN ABNORMAL

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      I think you're on to something there...

They didn't know there'd be a Season 9 when they filmed Moebius so the comments made by Jack to Sam at the end of Moebius 2 obviously were not originally intended as a lead in for her going off an doing something work-related...

Hey - I'm happy with the belief that S/J will eventually live happily ever after. I mean, we finally got our fishing trip...so miracles can happen!

You are more than into something to... I didn't think about the comment, where did that come from?

But regardless I know there still hanging out

Comment

Originally posted by major_flaming_toaster
                        Here's a thought:
                        SPOILERS(Highlight)
                        I was just thinking after seeing Moebius 2 yesterday, the fish in O'Neill's pond means they changed something, right? So, thinking of the current info on season 9, if JM said Carter and O'Neill did not get married and O'Neill didn't retire for her (this is what I heard) maybe they're already together. They changed the whole fish in the pond thing, who knows. Just a thought.
                        I'm also thinking...
                        Spoiler:
                        What if anything *really* juicy is going to be done towards the end of season 9? Hasn't that been the way for years now, to slowly build it up over the season? I know I'm grasping at straws, but I bought a huge new package of them (really perdy colors like bright yellow and orange and green and such ), so I've got a LOT of straws left to play with! So maybe Sam's off doing some stupid SGC crap and Jack's playing leader of Homeland Security, but we'll get some 'yeah, mamma!' stuff later on?

Sally, the straw grasper
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mary.I find it sad TPTB still cannot come out and say if
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam and Jack are together or not.I guess they want all of us to tune each week to find out.I cannot blame TPTB for wanting that but it is going to be hard to do without seeing Jack every week.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                            I'm also thinking...
                            Spoiler:
                            What if anything *really* juicy is going to be done towards the end of season 9? Hasn't that been the way for years now, to slowly build it up over the season? I know I'm grasping at straws, but I bought a huge new package of them (really perdy colors like bright yellow and orange and green and such ), so I've got a LOT of straws left to play with! So maybe Sam's off doing some stupid SGC crap and Jack's playing leader of Homeland Security, but we'll get some 'yeah, mamma!' stuff later on?

Sally, the straw grasper
                            LOL.

I wish I could green ya for the straw comment alone...

But let's simmer in the joy here for a moment, shippers! Look at what AT's said and JM's said and the WHOLE storyline arc of Sam/Jack. There is ZERO doubt in my mind that they will end up together. Will we necessarily get to see every delicious moment? Sadly no. But I do believe that at some point in time, we will get that "This Reality" kiss we've been craving.

I think that TPTB have given us boatloads of hope (which is great if your a SHIP-per [sorry, lame joke]) and then they followed it up with
                            Spoiler:
                            THREADS!!!

Think about it. They could have avoided the entire issue like the plague and made it so Sam really fell in love with PETE and could have *gasp* really married him. They could have made it so that Jack ended up with Kerry permanently.

But they didn't!

They gave us these wonderful gifts and I can't wait to see the gift of an on-screen "This Reality" kiss which I know will come.

Eventually.

Hopefully before the end of the decade.
                            Last edited by Uber; 26 March 2005, 08:24 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by LtColSamONeill
                              2010 has always been one of my top 5 fav eps and I totally agree with you. You can tell that obviously something caused the rift between them other than the fact that she didn't side with him about the Aschen. Jack had a big hate on for Joe and I loved his 'dearly beloved Ambassador' comment he made. What made it especially shippy for me was that Sam didn't seem to care that her whole marriage wouldn't even exist if they sent the note back it time. It shows me that she thought she had made a huge mistake in that aspect as well.
                              I'm glad someone agrees with me! The amount of times í've seen the episode andI didn't manage to put my finger on where the shippiness was coming from. But we're definately hitting back towards the unrequited stuff....mind you *they're* the only ones that think its unrequited. Sam was definately up for playing around with the timeline!

"doooo doooo do di do do dooooo , do di doooo doooo do di doooo doooo do doooo do di doooo"
                              -Stargate Theme

Comment

Originally posted by Elkeli
                                I'm glad someone agrees with me! The amount of times í've seen the episode andI didn't manage to put my finger on where the shippiness was coming from. But we're definately hitting back towards the unrequited stuff....mind you *they're* the only ones that think its unrequited. Sam was definately up for playing around with the timeline!
                                I think you're both right... the tension between them was so thick it could have been cut with a knife.

Jack was angry with Sam...and not just for the Aschen. He was angry she moved on. He was angry she married Joe. She's trying to talk to him about how they as a team screwed up and he didn't care nearly as much about that as he did about her and Joe, it seemed to me.

And she knew it, I think. They never resolved their feelings and the resentment ate him up.

Comment

Working...
                                X