X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buc252
    Well, personally, I'd disqualify
    Spoiler:
    Moebius right away, because that wasn't Sam and Jack - it was an AU version.
    I'd also disqualify Point of View because it was half AU - not Sam and Jack as we know them. That leaves Broca and WOO. This being the case, WOO is hands down the winner for me. It's the only one of the two where both kissers <g> were in of their own free will and in total control of their faculties.

And for the record, I also would have disqualified Grace, because it didn't really even happen. <g>
    I agree. WOO for the reasons above.

I wish I could nominate one of the kisses from The Darker Side of Night... but alas, it only came from my imagination and not that of TPTB...

*shippy sigh*
    Last edited by Uber; 20 April 2005, 08:04 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Mary TPTB on alot of these Shows complicate the Ship when there's no reason.In terms of
      Spoiler:
      Sam and Jack back in the Season 4 TPTB could have put Sam and Jack together and every couple of episodes or so we could have seen Sam and Jack having Dinner watching TV and maybe a Hug and a Kiss then most of the episodes could be focused on the Team.It would have been great to see 2 characters trying to balance there private Lives with there Dangerous Job.It would have shown Jack is more than just Military and Sam is more than a Scientist.I love Ship because it opens the characters uo some much more and makes everything interesting.TPTB could have taken there time in building the Sam and Jack relationship so most of the Fans could have gotten used to it and learned to except it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kri

As for the conventions, I think everyone goes for different reasons. I go because I like to see how these people are in real life. I like to hear them talk about the behind the scenes practical jokes, the friendships, the parties, their home lives - if they want to discuss that, etc. I honestly have never attended any type of fan event to hear scoop on the shows. I am probably in the minority on this, but I would just rather see how the actors are in person as opposed to listening to the writers talk on stage about upcoming storylines. AND, by the time I went in February, I already knew how season 8 was going to end, so I already had my own spin on the lack of ship in season 9.
        i'm sorry, kri, if i made you feel defensive about not asking s/j questions at the con. i'm sorry to anyone if i made them feel that way. it's all really how 'others' have made us feel over time, like we shouldn't ask because it's such a hush-hush subject. like how we were treated when we posted ship questions to joe on the ask joe thread. so someone doesn't want to read the same question over and over. then don't read it, but don't tell me what i can and can't ask in a free forum. it's all the same thing, of how we've been subjugated into feeling like we're second class citizens because we like sam and jack ship. my response - i'm here. i ain't going anywhere. deal with it.

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 20 April 2005, 07:04 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

IMHO

if sam had called jack, she woulda done it from her office, not a public hallway where everyone and anyone could overhear. thus, imho, he called her, she wasn't in her lab, so he had her paged which is why she picked up the call on a hall phone
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

you know, i think y ou have a point with a lack of amanda being a reason for a lack of shippers.

now i'm speaking MASSIVELY GENERALLY here and not trying to offend anyone, however many fans of MS, CJ and the others don't tend to like ship between sam and jack. so with no amanda to draw the ship liking fans, then it just makes sense that shippers would be a minority.

given the influx of cons and the tremendous cost of said cons, fans have to make choices and i know i'd rather spend my money on a con that amanda is at, not to see MS, CJ et al again. I've seen them before, heard the jokes/stories, seen the schtick and it's not worth my vacation time and thousands of dollars to see what is to me, a rerun.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i'm not going to give up. i'm going to start up my postcard writing again, because i plan on letting the ptb know how much i LOVE the sam/jack storyline and want more.
              Please notice what I *didn't* say here. I didn't say that there would be nothing, I just don't think there will be anything on screen. Just MHO of course and I am not a PTB so my opinion doesn't mean diddly. I was simply saying why I have focused my attention more strongly elsewhere. As I did say, I'll always love Sam and Jack and I can't think of anything that's going to change that. I'll always love reading them in fanfic and seeing videos but I'm sticking with that for now (unless of course TPTB surprise me).

To address the issue of why I didn't stand up and ask a shipper question. When I was standing in line to ask a question to Brad and RCC, I was VERY tempted to rip RCC to shreds over my extreme disappointment in season 8. I could have stood there and told him how extremely displeased I was with his so-called 'resolution' to the ship but what would be the point?

Last year many shippers wrote letters about how displeased they were with *he-who-shall-not-be-named* and what happened? We were told we had issues and RCC went on to bring that awful character back time after time. It is my contention that, while the PTB may be reading what we are writing, they are listening to what they want to hear (this does not necessarily apply to all PTB but it does apply to RCC--I'll explain why I feel that way later). So I decided that the only thing that could possibly be accomplished by it would be to divide the fandom that much more--something I don't want--or possibly I could be removed by security--something I definitely didn't want.

Ship has become a flashpoint issue in the fandom and too many people take it personally. People have gotten belligerent over it and I've even heard of fights (though I couldn't confirm that story so it could be urban legend). My point here is that I couldn't see a need to ask a question that RCC probably wouldn't answer any differently than before.

As to why I don't think he's listening--I did ask a serious question about his research into the King Arthur legend, a legend I have studied quite a bit. He brushed me off with an off-hand comment about there being plenty of info on the internet and moved on. So basically he didn't answer my question seriously. I doubt he would have answered the ship question seriously either.
              Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
              Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
              Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                IMHO

if sam had called jack, she woulda done it from her office, not a public hallway where everyone and anyone could overhear. thus, imho, he called her, she wasn't in her lab, so he had her paged which is why she picked up the call on a hall phone
                THANK YOU!

That was my point exactly.

Frankly, if true, I think it means more that he called her and not the other way around...because he was thinking of her and just wanted to shoot the breeze with her...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                  My favorite smooch is gotta go to Grace sooo much chemistry! I think I saw a tongue too!!!
                  I must second your feelings on that Grace kiss! That is one HOT kiss!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Mary TPTB on alot of these Shows complicate the Ship when there's no reason.In terms of
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam and Jack back in the Season 4 TPTB could have put Sam and Jack together and every couple of episodes or so we could have seen Sam and Jack having Dinner watching TV and maybe a Hug and a Kiss then most of the episodes could be focused on the Team.It would have been great to see 2 characters trying to balance there private Lives with there Dangerous Job.It would have shown Jack is more than just Military and Sam is more than a Scientist.I love Ship because it opens the characters uo some much more and makes everything interesting.TPTB could have taken there time in building the Sam and Jack relationship so most of the Fans could have gotten used to it and learned to except it.
                    I tried to rep you, but I couldn't, so instead, I'll just say that I agree 100%. As I said earlier on this thread, the final frontier isn't in space - it's in human relationships. <g>
                    - Mary
                    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                      I tried to rep you, but I couldn't, so instead, I'll just say that I agree 100%. As I said earlier on this thread, the final frontier isn't in space - it's in human relationships. <g>
                      wow ((((((((( Buc252)))))))) "the final frontier is not space - it's in human relationship"
                      that is so awesome....

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        you know, i think y ou have a point with a lack of amanda being a reason for a lack of shippers.

now i'm speaking MASSIVELY GENERALLY here and not trying to offend anyone, however many fans of MS, CJ and the others don't tend to like ship between sam and jack. so with no amanda to draw the ship liking fans, then it just makes sense that shippers would be a minority.

given the influx of cons and the tremendous cost of said cons, fans have to make choices and i know i'd rather spend my money on a con that amanda is at, not to see MS, CJ et al again. I've seen them before, heard the jokes/stories, seen the schtick and it's not worth my vacation time and thousands of dollars to see what is to me, a rerun.
                        This I can see but Joe Flanigan and Martin Wood were worth every dime. Joe is a true gentleman and one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. He's funny and self-deprecating and he answered every question seriously. You can't say that about that many people. He's a lot like Amanda in that way. As for Amanda, I enjoyed her tremendously last year at Gatecon and I'm glad she's getting some well-deserved time off to be with her new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                          wow ((((((((( Buc252)))))))) "the final frontier is not space - it's in human relationship"
                          that is so awesome....
                          That's how Gene Roddenberry made the Trek legacy what it was. The best episodes all had to do with the relationships and how they were affecting people's lives. The worse ones were typically the ones that focused only on technology or special effects.

This is also why SG-1 is such a great show. Sure, the special affects are cool, so are the stories, the sets, the weapons, the ships, etc. But the true key to the success of the show is the bond, the connection between the lead characters. I care about them and their lives. I want them to be happy. I was pulling for Daniel to find Sha're and hurt for him when he lost her. I wanted Teal'c to be reunited with his son and wife, and mourned when he lost her.

And within that realm of bonds and relationships, we find a very special element...a seed that simply cannot be fabricated...it must come from truth. And this small kernel is the tangible attraction between Sam and Jack. It just is. He's the sexy yet somewhat dense hero, she's the serious scientist soldier (hmmm, that sounds somewhat familiar)...but the point is, they each possess what the other lacks and together, you just sense that they complete each other.

And to those who think that this is some machination of the writers...the truth is that the public and TPTB and the cast of ANY show can tell whether or not there is something there between the characters. If it's not there and the writers try to create something, it flops miserably because that "something" simply isn't there. And when this happens, I'm the first to point out that a so-called couple has the chemistry of a mop.

Not so with Sam and Jack. It's in their eyes, the way that they look at each other, the way they relate...the vibe they generate when in a room together, or even when walking down a hallway like at the end of Zero Hour. The smiles, the subtle looks and facial expressions like in Sacrifices...the little things that add up year after year and scream that these people have feelings that extend beyond what they're supposed to feel.

Now I hate having to quote Kinsey of all people, but he got it right in Inauguration when he said:

KINSEY: Oh I believe there's a lot more to this (Sam and Jack) than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports...but we can all read between the lines.

Okay folks! If even Kinsey, the biggest NIT in the galaxy can see it...

Comment

I would only go to an SG-1 Convention if RDA or AT are there.No offense to the other Actors or TPTB.I could live with TPTB or the Actors not answering my Question.I just want to be able to say I tried to ask my Question.I'am not interested in the private lives of the Actors or TPTB.I do not expect to hear all the secrets of the Show but as a Shipper I do not think I could hold back from asking a Shipper question even if things look bleak right now for Sam and Jack Ship.IMO the Actors and TPTB should do there best to answer all question pertaining to the Show.The Fans spend good Money on the DVD's and spend there Time and Money on the Conventions and TPTB and Actors should not brush anyone off.If TPTB and Actors do not want to answer Questions they should not go to the Conventions.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                              that is so awesome....

i know, that's a great phrase!

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                I agree. WOO for the reasons above.

I wish I could nominate one of the kisses from The Darker Side of Night... but alas, it only came from my imagination and not that of TPTB...

*shippy sigh*
                                Aw...come on, people! The first kiss is at least as good as the Grace kiss, even better because it's significantly longer and, well, not the delirious fantasy of a woman suffering from a horrific concussion.

Will one of you second me here??? (hopefully you've read both stories and have of course posted your reviews...)

...and if you're NOT careful, I'll actually post the full text of one of them!!!!!

Come on, just dare me to do it!!! I dare ya to dare me!

Hmm. Okay. No more coffee for me...
                                Last edited by Uber; 20 April 2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X