This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    No, it doesn't seem odd to me. If the con had been this time last year when S/J ship had been thrown front and center with the introduction of Pete in Chimera, yep I could have seen the audience throwing a zillion ship questions at TPTB.

But like Kri said... we're here at the end of S8 and TPTB think they have wrapped things up and they've literally moved on. RDA and S/J just aren't on their priority list unless it serves their new S9 stories and characters.

As far as 'supposed' Shippers... I know Kiwigater and Marimba liked S/J ship and our wonderful ShipperTown Activities Director, Tame, has always been one of our biggest S/J ship supporters.... even when the rest of us were down in the dumps grumbling/mumbling away. But I can't speak for them as to the reasons why they wouldn't/didn't ask. Had I chosen to go to the con (I had toyed w/the idea at the end of last year) I probably wouldn't have asked either, unless given the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the writers. I mean S/J ship questions are avoided like the plague by the writers who answer questions on the forum... they're not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole at a public con. And RCC was there last weekend too & if I do recall about this time last year he was talking about the issues shippers had.... so I don't think he would have lent himself to a ship question very easily by anyone who knows his attitude towards some fans...

But there could always be the chance that the congoers talked to someone *in the know* who swore them to secrecy too.... (though that last part would be very wishful thinking on my part.... )

see, this whole thing is reminding me of the way ship and shippers are perceived. how did this subject become so taboo? like we're supposed to only talk about it in hushed tones, with our hands covering our mouths so others won't hear... excuse me, but i'm damn proud of being an s/j shipper! and i wouldn't be one if it wasn't for the WRITERS writing it into the show! yes, i'm mad here. i'm super tired of this label that we've been burdened with. if i'd had been at the con, i'd have asked about where sam and jack are going now. i'm not trying to sound like i'm judging shippers that were there and didn't ask, but i'm just so tired of the un-deserved label of shippers having to literally apologize for liking this friggin thing.

i'm going to scream it from the rooftop. I'M PROUD TO BE A SAM AND JACK SHIPPER! and i'm going to go over to the ask joe thread and ask a ship question. i don't care if i get dinged, i have the right to ask, i have the right to like this topic, and i have the right to express myself.

sally

ps - another thing that's bugging me... what if no one asking a ship question gave the writers the impression no one cares anymore about the subject.....
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Majorsal.....although I guess that's obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
        Just thought I'd throw out this in regards to resolving the ship--the notion it kills the shows--there are a few comic strips that got long time couples married off and the strips went on for many more years. Even had children born to the couples!!
        see, even comic strips can do it! is it just tv show writers that crumble under the pressure?

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
          as for the kiss I totally agree with you, I like PoV a lot, even if Sam's hair bothers me too but I think it's very touching just as if they don't dare, they kiss so slowely I think it would be a great "first" kiss for our real Sam and Jack, just as if they appreciate the taste of each other's lips for the first time. I just love jack's face when they split so funny and touching at the same time... I think it's pretty cool to know Sam is watching
          i like the way you put that. i, too, think sam and jack's first real kiss would be awesome if it were done like POV. slow and a bit unsure, but growing more passionate as the timidness subsided. i could then see them going to 'grace' level on their next kiss.... i could just see jack and sam coming home from their first real date. this is after they've shared their first kiss (slow, like lonely star suggested) already. but anyway, sam invites jack into her house, and before they even leave the hallway, jack pulls sam to him and against the wall. her breathing would suddenly hitch, and then he'd smile THAT smile (the one that turns your insides to mush), and then lean in and slowly kiss sam. sam would moan, grab on, and then we'd get our 'grace' kiss all over again. *sighs thinking about it*

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            I also like the point of view kiss ..it's the most touching kiss ..it's very clear on screen ..and long enough ..Actually it is a long scene ...and I like to see a hand with a ring caressing somebody'else hair ..I think what Sam did to Jack's hair was extremely sexy and so was the kissing the bottom lip too ..WOW so beautiful , sexy and all that .

Caty
            yes! it was very intimate AND sexy at the same time. it wasn't just a couple of ppl kissing, it was who was kissing whom. those details (neck caressing and kissing of the bottom lip) spoke volumes about where this sam's head (and heart) were.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              fave hug - into the fire

cos jack looks adorable when he shivers!

He also whispers something shippy, but I can't remember what it is...

*wanders away*
              That's my favorite hug too! I love the fact that he holds onto her for dear life--it's so intimate. I can't remember if he says anything or not...I"m going to have to watch that part again.
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                i like the way you put that. i, too, think sam and jack's first real kiss would be awesome if it were done like POV. slow and a bit unsure, but growing more passionate as the timidness subsided. i could then see them going to 'grace' level on their next kiss.... i could just see jack and sam coming home from their first real date. this is after they've shared their first kiss (slow, like lonely star suggested) already. but anyway, sam invites jack into her house, and before they even leave the hallway, jack pulls sam to him and against the wall. her breathing would suddenly hitch, and then he'd smile THAT smile (the one that turns your insides to mush), and then lean in and slowly kiss sam. sam would moan, grab on, and then we'd get our 'grace' kiss all over again. *sighs thinking about it*

sally
                sounds just perfect to me ! just add in the scenario the same hand caressing his hair in this sexy way without the ring yet...but you can still write the proposal thing too it's good to dream...

Comment

[QUOTE=majorsal]
                  Originally posted by Kri

i don't feel that sam and jack are over/a thing of the past. there was only a partial resolution to things. we saw them FINALLY taking a step in a direction of even admitting they wanted to take it further, so the next logical step is to SHOW them in their first steps of being IN a relationship. whether it's easy to show this or not (because of rda not being around), it can still be talked about by sam and others. i really don't see sam and jack over.

as for asking questions to the writers: i'd have asked! not to harass the writers, but to ask them about a on-going storyline. i'm really disappointed that no one seemed to ask a ship question.

if the show is going to be so different and things (s/j ship) is dropped... then i'll be taking a flying leap to another show. i've had enough trouble staying with this show to begin with, that if season 9 is *really* a different show, with only the title remaining... hey, i want to watch stargate sg-1, with sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c. if it's different now, then change the bloody title. i can take change, just not being manipulated into it.

(why am i being so snarky? )

sally
                  If it were "over" at the end of 8, then why would AT have said of the S/J ship that "if this is the last season then I think the fans will be happy...but if it isn't then we'll have somewhere to go..."

That's an indication that, while it might not be as front and center as it was in Threads, it's still an aspect of the show...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                    Well, I'm totally depending on you guys' accounts bc I am terrible with details lol. As for the ship, here are my comments about what was said (I'm putting this in spoiler space bc there may be spoilers and bc I do not have a positive opinion so if you don't like negative, then don't read--or ding away if you prefer)--
                    Spoiler:
                    It is my read based on spoilers and what was said by various PTBs both on and off stage that Sam and Jack are a thing of the past. As much as I liked them in their day (and still do like the idea of them together), it's over for them. And I'm not just saying that to be negative, here are my reasons why--

1) AT just had a beautiful baby girl and as such will not be back to work for a week or two yet. They are filming ep 5 now so I understand from their panels.

2) RDA has shot two days in Vancouver and a day in LA so far--with no plans to shoot any more. As far as I know, that shooting pertained to episode one and three with some possible dialogue for one later ep. It was intimated that Jack would possibly cause trouble from Washington for one episode so that might explain the LA shoot.

3) JM very quickly clarified a statement that he made on this very forum that indicated that Sam would be absent for 'personal and professional' reasons to just 'professional' reasons. That seems like a sign to me that they would rather forget they ever started this thing.

I know that none of you want to hear this and there is nothing wrong with loving Jack and Sam. I still like them too but I realize that it does not seem very likely that it will happen so I don't want to hope in vain and be disappointed again. So I ship for them through the end of Season 8 and I happily look back on all the shippy moments. I have stopped at this point bc I don't want to grow to hate it bc I am disappointed. So for me, Jack and Sam are together in my own little world and they will live happily ever after End of speech

well, marimba, if this is true, then i quit. this show isn't good enough to keep me as a viewer (it's been slowly receding since the fifth season). i don't care what the ratings say, the show's not as good as it used to be. (just my opinion)

i still have a hard time thinking it's over for *many* reasons.

* shippers ARE a big part of their audience. why alienate them from the show by dropping such a big storyline?

* keeping ship alive will help to keep jack/rda alive on the show.

* threads showed it was going in a relationship direction.

* quoting amanda herself: (regarding ship in season 8) "If this is the end of Stargate, the fans will not be disappointed. If it's not the end, we still have somewhere we can go."

i'm not going to give up. i'm going to start up my postcard writing again, because i plan on letting the ptb know how much i LOVE the sam/jack storyline and want more.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tauripeg

Here's another question that can go along with the kiss question. What's everyone's favorite Hug?

Mine has to be Heroes, It is a comfort hug but it has so much emotion attached to it. And of course RDA put his head down to her neck, Lovely.
                      'heroes' is mine too. SO much emotion was played out in that hug that i felt like i was intruding on an intimate moment between a couple.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8 and s9

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

That being said, now that all obstacles have been removed (except for any personal concerns/misgivings related to any strong friendship advancing to the next level) I hope we get some sort of confirmation on some level that they've crossed that bridge...

Here's to hoping for many surprise RDA guest appearances...

i agree. the obstacles (regs, boyfriends, girlfriends, excuses 101) have been removed, so let's see the next stage.

the more i talk about this, the more i feel, REALLY feel, that the s/j ship isn't over.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8/s9

Originally posted by Originally Posted by marimba26
                          3)SPOILERS
                          Spoiler:
                          JM very quickly clarified a statement that he made on this very forum that indicated that Sam would be absent for 'personal and professional' reasons to just 'professional' reasons. That seems like a sign to me that they would rather forget they ever started this thing.

Originally posted by lonely_star

wow!! can't believe that... !!
                          thanks for your message and your point of view...anyway I think I'll just wait and see cause i can't believe they just gonna forget about all they've already done and just don't talk about them anymore...

i 'think' it was rob cooper that originally made that statement. it was in one of the official stargate magazines, and it was a couple of months ago at least. i 'think' when rob made that statement, he was believing it would be. but what i 'think' happened was that they'd changed their minds about some stuff, and joe brought us up-to-date with the 'professional reasons only' statement. heck, it could be that sam initially left the sgc for personal reasons (to help jack relocate in dc, and to progress their relay), but that only happened for a short while and when the show resumes, she's already into the 'professional' reason for being away.

i'm not giving up hope.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's citizen joe

Here's a silly question for you.

In Citizen Joe...did Sam call Jack or did Jack call Sam??? I mean, she wasn't sitting at a desk; she was in the hallway...kind of like someone told her she had an incoming call and just took it right there.

Then again, Jack was on his cell phone, which could also mean that she called him as he was driving and coming into the house from shipping...whoops, I mean shopping.

You know, I think I'm leaning toward him calling her, because she just doesn't look as though she's comfortable (I mean, she's not sitting down and relaxing like one might expect when calling someone...she's in the leaning against the wall in an open corridor, for crying out loud).

What do you all think?
                            i'm leaning towards the him calling her thing too. and for the reasons you said. why would she make a call like this in the hallway, when sitting in her lab would have made more sense? (maybe it was a more personal call, and she wanted to use a phone that wasn't only for business purposes?<g>)

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

I know about the change in the spoiler about Sam's reason for being gone, but I don't think it has anything to do with a change in TPTB's attitude toward J/S.

I got the distinct feeling that JM's a shipper and that he did everything but write in neon lights that there's something going on between them.
                              while i've been ranting my socks off , it's made me glide over my thoughts on things and i agree with you.

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                                No I think
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam phoned Jack...she's being playful and twisting the phone cord whereas Jack sounds distracted until he talks about Omlettes...before getting distracted by Homer...I mean Joe...bursting in.

JMHO!

Mini-Shipper day is gonna ROCK!!!!!!
                                okay, you're right about that. so... sam used an outside line phone because.....

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X