This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
    No, it doesn't seem odd to me. If the con had been this time last year when S/J ship had been thrown front and center with the introduction of Pete in Chimera, yep I could have seen the audience throwing a zillion ship questions at TPTB.

But like Kri said... we're here at the end of S8 and TPTB think they have wrapped things up and they've literally moved on. RDA and S/J just aren't on their priority list unless it serves their new S9 stories and characters.

As far as 'supposed' Shippers... I know Kiwigater and Marimba liked S/J ship and our wonderful ShipperTown Activities Director, Tame, has always been one of our biggest S/J ship supporters.... even when the rest of us were down in the dumps grumbling/mumbling away. But I can't speak for them as to the reasons why they wouldn't/didn't ask. Had I chosen to go to the con (I had toyed w/the idea at the end of last year) I probably wouldn't have asked either, unless given the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the writers. I mean S/J ship questions are avoided like the plague by the writers who answer questions on the forum... they're not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole at a public con. And RCC was there last weekend too & if I do recall about this time last year he was talking about the issues shippers had.... so I don't think he would have lent himself to a ship question very easily by anyone who knows his attitude towards some fans...

But there could always be the chance that the congoers talked to someone *in the know* who swore them to secrecy too.... (though that last part would be very wishful thinking on my part.... )

Due to the scheduling of the Photo Ops...I was in line to have my picture taken with Christopher Judge when Brad Wright and Rob Cooper were on the stage...... and then I was in line for Tony Amendola and Joe Flannigan during a part of the Martin Wood, N. John Smith and Andy Mikita panel..... They already had large lines at the Brad Wright panel and not enough time for me to get up to the mike. and The one with Martin Wood...well Martin Wood was in rare form and not many questions got asked or answered

I could have asked the other actors....BUT I felt that they really have no more clue then we do...it was the writers and producers that might and I STRESS MIGHT have answered anything.

and THANK YOU ((((((((((((((SS)))))))))) I love it when I am called a Big Shipper ...I do love shipping and I love Sam & Jack and I have been finding other ways to enjoy them lately however, I do see people are maybe chatting about *Annual Ship Day* July 29th ????? There were ALOT of great ideas last month from many here on this thread about what we could do to celebrate our favorite couple....I will have to find some time to get back there and look... for now I am off work..and I need many antibiotics because I have what I have been told is *Con Crud*
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      In Citizen Joe...did Sam call Jack or did Jack call Sam??? I mean, she wasn't sitting at a desk; she was in the hallway...kind of like someone told her she had an incoming call and just took it right there.

Then again, Jack was on his cell phone, which could also mean that she called him as he was driving and coming into the house from shipping...whoops, I mean shopping.

You know, I think I'm leaning toward him calling her, because she just doesn't look as though she's comfortable (I mean, she's not sitting down and relaxing like one might expect when calling someone...she's in the leaning against the wall in an open corridor, for crying out loud).

What do you all think?
      yep I think you're right she's in a hallway so I guess if she'd called him she wouldn't have chosen to do that there. I think he has a sudden need and desire to hear her voice cause if he called her why didn't he wait until being back home ? hehe...I assume we have to fill the blank by ourselves once more
      but I definitely think he called her

Comment

(((((((((((((((Tame)))))))))))) *hands over a tissue*

Glad you enjoyed the con.
        sigpic

Comment

Tame - we're planning a mini-ship day as a sort of warm-up to the BIG event!

Rogue's bringing the shipper hippy bus
          GateBee (i think) is bringing the booze
          Myself, MB and many others are bringing fanfic

and the theme (I think) 'beneath the surface'...bring your own pyjamas!

It's a sort of mini thing...a sort of training day...just look at Ship day as a marathon and this is a run round the block!

So Ms Activities Director...whadaya think!
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            No I think
            Spoiler:
            Sam phoned Jack...she's being playful and twisting the phone cord whereas Jack sounds distracted until he talks about Omlettes...before getting distracted by Homer...I mean Joe...bursting in.

JMHO!

Mini-Shipper day is gonna ROCK!!!!!!
            ok I'm definitely NOT sure anymore !!
            good point !!

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
              ok I'm definitely NOT sure anymore !!
              good point !!
              Okay - but one of them had to have called the other... It just seems to me that if it had been Sam she would have made the call in a more comfortable and more private setting...

And wasn't it also interesting when they were talking about
              Spoiler:
              their plans for the weekend (or lack thereof) that Sam didn't mention Pete at all? I mean, for crying out loud, she is engaged to the guy...at least still engaged at this point...and he's not even a consideration. Now if she had been so happy with him and ready to commit, it should have been completely natural for her to spend her weekend with Pete.

That made my little shipper heart sing...

Last edited by Uber; 20 April 2005, 02:47 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                SHIP SHIP HOORAY for SHIPPERAHOY!

By the way shipper fam, still looking for more examples of the Sam/Jack music...

*taps foot impatiently*
                Uber, I try and I try and I know I've heard it somewhere else... but I can't remember

I re-watched Entity and there was kinda off a shippy song, but it was not with the ding, ding, dingy, ding... used in
                Spoiler:
                Threads

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  Uber, I try and I try and I know I've heard it somewhere else... but I can't remember

I re-watched Entity and there was kinda off a shippy song, but it was not with the ding, ding, dingy, ding... used in
                  Spoiler:
                  Threads
                  I'll have to wait for my Season 4 DVDs to come in...I know there are more instances than we've got listed here...

Does anyone know when it was first used for them?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

they like to play with ship but will not actually write ship. because i think they don't know how to get themselves out of the corner if they write it
                    i'll show them. two ppl being in a committed relationship doesn't mean it's boring. if it's become boring, it's because the writers are. i might not be a professional writer, but i could show them a thing or two about writing sam and jack IN a relationship (while still being exciting, new, and making the fans want to come back for more). HIRE ME!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      It's played in BTS, but I can't remember exactly when. I also heard it in Fragile Balance, which surprised me, but can't pinpoint it- tho it's before regular Jack is back. . Also I heard it in 2010, I think when Jack asked about the "dearly beloved ambassador" at the cabin. Guess I'll have to watch some eps. There are lots more times.
                      2010!!!!!!!!!, that's where I heard it, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

In response to what Marimba26 said a page back, I appreciate her observations, although she's right: I didn't want to hear that. However, TPTB are pushing (and trying to build excitement for) what's new right now. I can understand why they aren't talking about our ship. And I acknowledge that they're wrapping up the Sam/Jack storyline.

I don't have to ever see Sam and Jack on-screen together again.....as long as those deep feelings we've watched build for four *&^% years aren't just pushed aside! To do that would greatly alienate many of us, and do deep damage to the reputations and integrity of both characters. If they just part them like it was no big deal and Sam doesn't seem to care, I'll feel really lied to and cheated, and I will resist every other change the new season brings.

TPTB have convinced me that in their souls, Sam & Jack are eternally committed to each other. If TPTB maintain the integrity of the J/S ship, I'm open to everything else. But no one can convince me that their relationship was just a flirtation/infatuation that distance ended. It is one of the deep and abiding factors in the show's success, and if it's tossed away like yesterday's newspaper, I won't trust TPTB again on any relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

I am positively shocked that all these supposed shippers went to Vancouver and no one asked a single Sam/Jack ship question! How can that be? I would have asked every member of the show staff with whom I came in contact.....just to see if someone would let something slip. Does this seem odd to anyone but me? I'm still fairly new to all this......
                          i don't understand it either. okay, so amanda wasn't there, but the writers were... why weren't ship questions asked to the writers? or at least any sam/amanda questions?!?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Ok, finally caught up... Shipping has been wild today!

- The Kiss: ship wise, WOO I think it was the best kiss, Jack taking Sam into his arms and telling her that he was going to kiss her and Sam just being the happiest ever, letting it happen....

Personally, very, very personally I think I would kiss RDA as Sam did in Broca

- OT posting, we all come here to ship. talk about ship, think about ship and read about ship, but as the threads says it's the shipper family and we worry about our family, what is happening and what is going on, 3 of my 5 dings in 1 week where on topic and the other 2 was because I talked about the dinging. But I promise I will not post or talk about the mad dining anymore.

- You know when you see 1 and then you add 1 you get 2... so my 1+1 of the day... I saw a recent picture (March) of RDA in the Thunk RDA thread, he had long hair... LONG HAIR!!!!! no military has long hair.... anybody following me

Comment

[QUOTE=Kri]
                              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

I am not at all surprised. Who would they have asked? TPTB? There were little to no ship questions at our con in February either. And now that season 8 is over, I really feel like TPTB have resolved all that they are going to resolve about past storylines. The show will not be the same. It will focus all on the new characters and aim in a completely different direction. Sadly, I think it's wrong, and a part of me hope it flops during season 9.

I haven't been here much at all lately because of my thoughts. I just think that the Jack and Sam ship is now a thing of the past. I am happy with the 8 years I have been a fan of the show.
                              i don't feel that sam and jack are over/a thing of the past. there was only a partial resolution to things. we saw them FINALLY taking a step in a direction of even admitting they wanted to take it further, so the next logical step is to SHOW them in their first steps of being IN a relationship. whether it's easy to show this or not (because of rda not being around), it can still be talked about by sam and others. i really don't see sam and jack over.

as for asking questions to the writers: i'd have asked! not to harass the writers, but to ask them about a on-going storyline. i'm really disappointed that no one seemed to ask a ship question.

if the show is going to be so different and things (s/j ship) is dropped... then i'll be taking a flying leap to another show. i've had enough trouble staying with this show to begin with, that if season 9 is *really* a different show, with only the title remaining... hey, i want to watch stargate sg-1, with sam, jack, daniel, and teal'c. if it's different now, then change the bloody title. i can take change, just not being manipulated into it.

(why am i being so snarky? )

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                Amen! And the worst part about it is that while we suspend our belief in order to enjoy the show... some things become totally unrealistic when you have to suspend your belief for that long... year after year after year.... (Because in RL if the two shipping in question hadn't had a convo/gotten together... they'd have plenty of friends who'd have staged an "intervention" early on to get them to own up to their attraction and feelings!!!)
                                you ever get the feeling that fans could write circles around the professionals?

sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X