X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lonely_star
    SueKay nice job with the fanfic!! I can't wait until
    Spoiler:
    the infirmary scene and the fishing scene, or more specificaly the "before" the fishing scene
    but have you seen that you can't read the 8th and 9th pages from the fanfiction.net page? if's written 9 chapters but there's only 7 you can read (fortunately you gave us the link to the others)

as for the kiss I totally agree with you, I like PoV a lot, even if Sam's hair bothers me too but I think it's very touching just as if they don't dare, they kiss so slowely I think it would be a great "first" kiss for our real Sam and Jack, just as if they appreciate the taste of each other's lips for the first time. I just love jack's face when they split so funny and touching at the same time... I think it's pretty cool to know Sam is watching
    but anyway...Grace kiss is the best ever...until maybe season 9 ...

maybe we could do the same for the hugs ?? which one is your favorite ?
    without hesitation mine is the Heroes one...so much emotions in this! and so angsty...

I also like the point of view kiss ..it's the most touching kiss ..it's very clear on screen ..and long enough ..Actually it is a long scene ...and I like to see a hand with a ring caressing somebody'else hair ..I think what Sam did to Jack's hair was extremely sexy and so was the kissing the bottom lip too ..WOW so beautiful , sexy and all that .

Caty

Comment

Hey sorry for the random post but i just had an idea; how about sam becomes a civillian scientist but stays on SG1? She can still kick butt and stuff but she wouldn't be in the military and mayne she and jack could then get together (as long as their feelings didn't interfere with their work too much) or would that still be against the rules?

EDIT: wow after rereading my post i realized that that has probably been suggested a million times
      Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Of course ((((Gatetrixe))))r ..relationship is part of any TV shows even Sci -fi ..or even more sci-fi specially when it is a long term running series .

I mean Just imagine Stargate, X-files , JAG , Star treck, Dark Angel,,,ect ... without any ship at all !!!! For Stargate ,I may have watched a few episodes but if it was only about the Go'aoulds , Baa'l talking to Anubis and the Jaffas fighting for their freedom without any other human emotions in it ....which means ship ..I think I would have lost interest pretty quickly .

All my casual friends watch Stargate because they love sci-fi, because they like RDA or the character of O'Neill and they can't miss what is gonna happen next between Sam and Jack ..Saying that they still enjoy the storyline because the ship is thrown in the middle of it and most of the time is part of the storyline except for the Pete Ship which was thrown out of nowhere but then if Sam had to discover herself a bit more to finally get together with Jack ,... This was the only way TPTB thought of doing ..Ah men writers !!! ...So this is what they would do ..if they can't get the woman of their choice , they 'll go for the second best!!!! I hope no .

Anyway ..All and All I still think what we got in 8 years is good .

If I was the writer of course I would have put Sam and Jack together a bit more in Paradise lost ..like I would have made sure they actually talk during the rescue operation and that we see both of them back in the ship .

AND MOST OF ALL I WOULD NOT HAVE BROUGHT Pete into the show but only guys like Martouff, Orlin , Joe , Narim ..ect ..because I reckon that was enough to create some tension and ...

.....I would have made a special episode where Sam and Jack are stranded on a planet a la paradise Lost , not sure it would be so cruel and they would start killing each other .!!!!I could see more both teaming up to fight for survival against new weird aliens ..so I would have had them run a lot through the forest , built a tree house and live up there for a while while thinking if the regulations still apply after 100 days ...

Caty
        If Pete had been a 1 ep fling used to make Sam realize she was not ready to move on, I could have handled it. I would have preferred the writers to have left the significant others out of the story. IMO, there was too much tension between Sam and Jack in season 8 that it made it hard to watch. I enjoy shows that are fun to watch with good interaction between the characters.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

The Con was EXCELLENT!!!!! no shipper questions were asked and I was in a line for a pic with *someone* so I missed parts of the PTB panels...darn it......

I am sicker then sick with an Upper Resp. Infection I brought home with me ...But I will try to get some stuff posted.... If you want to look at some Con reports from my *Gang* here are two links

Shadow's account is VERY good
          http://www.livejournal.com/users/shadowmaat/

And of course our very own Ship Mum "D
          http://www.livejournal.com/users/shipmum/
          Well, I'm totally depending on you guys' accounts bc I am terrible with details lol. As for the ship, here are my comments about what was said (I'm putting this in spoiler space bc there may be spoilers and bc I do not have a positive opinion so if you don't like negative, then don't read--or ding away if you prefer)--
          Spoiler:
          It is my read based on spoilers and what was said by various PTBs both on and off stage that Sam and Jack are a thing of the past. As much as I liked them in their day (and still do like the idea of them together), it's over for them. And I'm not just saying that to be negative, here are my reasons why--

1) AT just had a beautiful baby girl and as such will not be back to work for a week or two yet. They are filming ep 5 now so I understand from their panels.

2) RDA has shot two days in Vancouver and a day in LA so far--with no plans to shoot any more. As far as I know, that shooting pertained to episode one and three with some possible dialogue for one later ep. It was intimated that Jack would possibly cause trouble from Washington for one episode so that might explain the LA shoot.

3) JM very quickly clarified a statement that he made on this very forum that indicated that Sam would be absent for 'personal and professional' reasons to just 'professional' reasons. That seems like a sign to me that they would rather forget they ever started this thing.

I know that none of you want to hear this and there is nothing wrong with loving Jack and Sam. I still like them too but I realize that it does not seem very likely that it will happen so I don't want to hope in vain and be disappointed again. So I ship for them through the end of Season 8 and I happily look back on all the shippy moments. I have stopped at this point bc I don't want to grow to hate it bc I am disappointed. So for me, Jack and Sam are together in my own little world and they will live happily ever after End of speech
          Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
          Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
          Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

favorite Kiss-I think my favorite has to be Woo. The first time we saw it we all screamed. And we all noticed that she definitely kissed him back. Excellent!
            A close second is the grace kiss. The only problem is that it was'nt long enough.

Here's another question that can go along with the kiss question. What's everyone's favorite Hug?

Mine has to be Heroes, It is a comfort hug but it has so much emotion attached to it. And of course RDA put his head down to her neck, Lovely.
            sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
            Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

The Con was EXCELLENT!!!!! no shipper questions were asked and I was in a line for a pic with *someone* so I missed parts of the PTB panels...darn it......

I am sicker then sick with an Upper Resp. Infection I brought home with me ...But I will try to get some stuff posted.... If you want to look at some Con reports from my *Gang* here are two links

Shadow's account is VERY good
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/shadowmaat/

And of course our very own Ship Mum "D
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/shipmum/
              I'm glad you had fun up at the Con!!!! Welcome Home!
              Any pictures?

Thanks for shippy thoughts Marimba!!!

I sort of understand why sometimes people don't ask the shippy questions at the conventions all the time. For me I would just be afraid of being hurt by the non-shippers. I understand why they would be stick of hearing the same questions over, over but it's a con. that's the whole point

Comment

Hee hee...

I got bored and made a manip!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...suzandrick.jpg

well a girl can dream

THANK YOU for all the feedback! I've got my writing Mojo back!

marimba - while I agree with your reasons for no longer being an active shipper...a lot of us are still new to this ship..it'll be a while before I let go (took me three years to let go of J/C on Voyager). I started off as an anti shipper and a year later I'm still making up for lost time.
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

fave hug - into the fire

cos jack looks adorable when he shivers!

He also whispers something shippy, but I can't remember what it is...

*wanders away*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                    If Pete had been a 1 ep fling used to make Sam realize she was not ready to move on, I could have handled it. I would have preferred the writers to have left the significant others out of the story. IMO, there was too much tension between Sam and Jack in season 8 that it made it hard to watch. I enjoy shows that are fun to watch with good interaction between the characters.
                    I agree...the tension between them I think was getting to the point where it could affect their work.

I'm still convinced that Jack took the job so he'd be able to promote Sam to Lt. Col. primarily and that every other consideration was secondary...that right there shows he was already being influenced by his feelings a tad more than he should have been.

This is one reason why I think it's actually going to be good for the show for Jack to be leaving as her CO. She'll have a chance to flourish as a kickbutt team leader without the weight of the ship anchoring her down.

That being said, now that all obstacles have been removed (except for any personal concerns/misgivings related to any strong friendship advancing to the next level) I hope we get some sort of confirmation on some level that they've crossed that bridge...

Here's to hoping for many surprise RDA guest appearances...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Here Here Marimba.

pittsburghgirl
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

My favorite smooch is gotta go to Grace sooo much chemistry! I think I saw a tongue too!!!
                        There's a tie for 2nd WoO aboustly loved that one! I think that was the first ep. I ever watched of Stargate and that made me a Shipper! Also the point of view kiss was just really sweet

My favorite hug is Heroes! Jack making Sam feel better is always good and did Jack kiss Sam's neck hhhmmm....

How about everyone's favorite head on shoulder moment.......

Comment

Originally posted by marimba26
                          3)
                          Spoiler:
                          JM very quickly clarified a statement that he made on this very forum that indicated that Sam would be absent for 'personal and professional' reasons to just 'professional' reasons. That seems like a sign to me that they would rather forget they ever started this thing.

wow!! can't believe that... !!
                          thanks for your message and your point of view...anyway I think I'll just wait and see cause i can't believe they just gonna forget about all they've already done and just don't talk about them anymore...

Comment

Here's a silly question for you.

In Citizen Joe...did Sam call Jack or did Jack call Sam??? I mean, she wasn't sitting at a desk; she was in the hallway...kind of like someone told her she had an incoming call and just took it right there.

Then again, Jack was on his cell phone, which could also mean that she called him as he was driving and coming into the house from shipping...whoops, I mean shopping.

You know, I think I'm leaning toward him calling her, because she just doesn't look as though she's comfortable (I mean, she's not sitting down and relaxing like one might expect when calling someone...she's in the leaning against the wall in an open corridor, for crying out loud).

What do you all think?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star

wow!! can't believe that... !!
                              thanks for your message and your point of view...anyway I think I'll just wait and see cause i can't believe they just gonna forget about all they've already done and just don't talk about them anymore...
                              Hmm...I'm going to have to disagree with our marimba here...

I know about the change in the spoiler about Sam's reason for being gone, but I don't think it has anything to do with a change in TPTB's attitude toward J/S.

I got the distinct feeling that JM's a shipper and that he did everything but write in neon lights that there's something going on between them.

Comment

No I think
                                Spoiler:
                                Sam phoned Jack...she's being playful and twisting the phone cord whereas Jack sounds distracted until he talks about Omlettes...before getting distracted by Homer...I mean Joe...bursting in.

JMHO!

Mini-Shipper day is gonna ROCK!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X