• Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIC UPDATE

In Between the Threads - Chapter 8 - In between the Trees

Spoiler:
    Pete takes Sam to their new house, and shows her a future she doesn't want

Read and review please!
    Last edited by sueKay; 20 April 2005, 11:36 AM.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      FIC UPDATE

https://In Between the Threads - Cha...ween the Trees

Spoiler:
      Pete takes Sam to their new house, and shows her a future she doesn't want

Read and review please!
      SueKay the link does not work

Comment

What's your favourite S/J kiss?

The Broca Divide
        Point of View
        Window of Opportunity
        Spoiler:
        Moebius

Grace isn't included just to make the decision that bit more difficult. I suggest going back and rewatching all of the kisses before making a decision!
        sueKayI hope you're keeping a tally of the votes - so far, Grace is winning anyway

And your vote is for .... ???
        sigpic

Comment

Sorry...I'm not keeping track! I'm writing fic!

Any volunteers? I think it's normally ship mum or ship nana that keeps score!

gateBee - The link's fixed!
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry...I'm not keeping track! I'm writing fic!

Any volunteers? I think it's normally ship mum or ship nana that keeps score!

gateBee - The link's fixed!
            SueKay link is telling me "url not found"

Comment

I'm typing WAY too fast tonight...
              FIC UPDATE
              In Between the Threads - Chapter Nine - In between the Ashes
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack come to decisions on their love lives, and Sam confronts him, only to find out a shocking secret

As for my favourite kiss...

Point of View.

It was so touching. It was obvious that Jack wasn't too comfortable with it, but the alternate Sam needed to know that our Jack wasn't *her* Jack.

At first, I was annoyed that the kiss happened in front of Sam, but now I know why he did it...it was so he wasn't hiding anything from her...he was being open and honest...If he'd kissed her without our Sam being there, and she'd found out...that would have been worse.

An added little thing is that the other Sam is wearing her wedding ring...adds a little something to the kiss.

GateBee - here's the link to chapter one - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/
              Last edited by sueKay; 20 April 2005, 12:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                SueKay the link does not work
                Hey would someone volunteer to beta read my stories so I can post them on the fan fic section?

The Darker Side of Night has a lot of very shippy moments (including a nice long one at the beginning)

Eclipse...no so much...but there are definitely shippy undertones...

Please let me know!

ON EDIT: Specifically for the beta read, I'd need someone to help me find everything from bad grammar to plot holes to poor characterization (i.e., doesn't sound like the characters would say or do what I'm having them say or do).

ON DOUBLE EDIT : Perhaps I should wait til I'm done with the whole thing...some other people have suggested that I add some of the content I cut and produce a "Director's Cut" version of the whole thing...
                Last edited by Uber; 20 April 2005, 12:30 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  It was my impression that there was going to be some OT allowed in this thread and that the Disussion only thread would be for the people who enjoy a thread purely for S/J with no OT allowed? Because if that's not the case I'm wondering why we have the two threads?
                  Seeing as I started the other thread, I was under the impression the difference between the two threads was "fluff" not OT (as outlined in the first post over there). There's a lot of very welcome fluff in this thread such a shipper cookies, penguins, fanfic recs, and non-Sam/Jack related Stargate content. Sometimes there's a discussion of Sam/Jack that leads to something OT, like the recent JAG ship discussion. I can see giving a good bit of leeway for those sorts of tangential discussions in a thread that allows fluff. Conversations that start completely unrelated to Stargate aren't "fluff" or a conversation that veered off topic.

The rule of thumb for OT being "some" is confusing as it is open to many different interpretations. What is the limit? If you post thirty times a day, three or four posts might not seem like much at all. If half a dozen people do that and you only have a chance to read a few times a week, that's a LOT of OT posts to wade through at once. A more specific guideline would be helpful and probably prevent a lot of confusion and hurt feelings when people have differing ideas of "some."

Also, mixing completely OT content with a line or two of real content doesn't really help keep the thread topical or very readable. It also doesn't make the OT material become magically on topic. It just makes for longer posts and awkward replies as each person replying tries to mix topical and OT content. I'd suggest a better approach would be to provide a link to the appropriate thread in Off Topic Chatter (or wherever) for continuing the discussion. That way you still can let the people here know you want to discuss your OT issue and point the way to the discussion without taking this thread off topic for more than one post. It would also make it much easier for those of us who feel guilty about taking the thread further OT to respond.
                  *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Okay so only one person's responded to my Sam/Jack shippy music challlenge.

Here's what we have so far...

GRACE: When Sam
                    Spoiler:
                    wakes up and calls him Jack

ZERO HOUR: When Jack's
                    Spoiler:
                    questioning his leadership abilities now that Sam and the others are missing

AFFINITY: When Sam shows Jack
                    Spoiler:
                    the ring Pete bought and she asks him about the things that are preventing her from saying yes to Pete. "And what about you? If things had been different..."

THREADS: When Sam's
                    Spoiler:
                    in Jack's driveway trying to build up the courage to tell him of her misgivings over the impending nuptuals as well as telling Jack how she feels about him

So, when else was their music played??? Come on people, think!
                    It's played in BTS, but I can't remember exactly when. I also heard it in Fragile Balance, which surprised me, but can't pinpoint it- tho it's before regular Jack is back. . Also I heard it in 2010, I think when Jack asked about the "dearly beloved ambassador" at the cabin. Guess I'll have to watch some eps. There are lots more times.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      It's played in BTS, but I can't remember exactly when. I also heard it in Fragile Balance, which surprised me, but can't pinpoint it- tho it's before regular Jack is back. . Also I heard it in 2010, I think when Jack asked about the "dearly beloved ambassador" at the cabin. Guess I'll have to watch some eps. There are lots more times.
                      Thank you!

So potentially:
                      BtS
                      Fragile Balance

Let's have some pinpoint moments so I can add them to the list...

And let's come up with some more people!!! When was the first instance, for instance???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                        How about Beneth the Surface for our mini ship day theme?
                        I just love that episode! *happy sigh*. I'm going to miss mini ship day! *sob*, but I look forward to reading a gazillion pages from you all!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I just love that episode! *happy sigh*. I'm going to miss mini ship day! *sob*, but I look forward to reading a gazillion pages from you all!
                          Can we re-name it "In theOpen and Above the Surface" just for this one day just to let everyone know that's what we want for Sam/Jack ship from now on?

Comment

Just thought I'd throw out this in regards to resolving the ship--the notion it kills the shows--there are a few comic strips that got long time couples married off and the strips went on for many more years. Even had children born to the couples!!

Comment

I'm typing WAY too fast tonight...
                              FIC UPDATE
                              In Between the Threads - Chapter Nine - In between the Ashes
                              Spoiler:
                              Sam and Jack come to decisions on their love lives, and Sam confronts him, only to find out a shocking secret

As for my favourite kiss...

Point of View.

It was so touching. It was obvious that Jack wasn't too comfortable with it, but the alternate Sam needed to know that our Jack wasn't *her* Jack.

At first, I was annoyed that the kiss happened in front of Sam, but now I know why he did it...it was so he wasn't hiding anything from her...he was being open and honest...If he'd kissed her without our Sam being there, and she'd found out...that would have been worse.

An added little thing is that the other Sam is wearing her wedding ring...adds a little something to the kiss.

GateBee - here's the link to chapter one - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2257773/1/

SueKay nice job with the fanfic!! I can't wait until
                              Spoiler:
                              the infirmary scene and the fishing scene, or more specificaly the "before" the fishing scene
                              but have you seen that you can't read the 8th and 9th pages from the fanfiction.net page? if's written 9 chapters but there's only 7 you can read (fortunately you gave us the link to the others)

as for the kiss I totally agree with you, I like PoV a lot, even if Sam's hair bothers me too but I think it's very touching just as if they don't dare, they kiss so slowely I think it would be a great "first" kiss for our real Sam and Jack, just as if they appreciate the taste of each other's lips for the first time. I just love jack's face when they split so funny and touching at the same time... I think it's pretty cool to know Sam is watching
                              but anyway...Grace kiss is the best ever...until maybe season 9 ...

maybe we could do the same for the hugs ?? which one is your favorite ?
                              without hesitation mine is the Heroes one...so much emotions in this! and so angsty...

Comment

Of course ((((Gatetrixe))))r ..relationship is part of any TV shows even Sci -fi ..or even more sci-fi specially when it is a long term running series .

I mean Just imagine Stargate, X-files , JAG , Star treck, Dark Angel,,,ect ... without any ship at all !!!! For Stargate ,I may have watched a few episodes but if it was only about the Go'aoulds , Baa'l talking to Anubis and the Jaffas fighting for their freedom without any other human emotions in it ....which means ship ..I think I would have lost interest pretty quickly .

All my casual friends watch Stargate because they love sci-fi, because they like RDA or the character of O'Neill and they can't miss what is gonna happen next between Sam and Jack ..Saying that they still enjoy the storyline because the ship is thrown in the middle of it and most of the time is part of the storyline except for the Pete Ship which was thrown out of nowhere but then if Sam had to discover herself a bit more to finally get together with Jack ,... This was the only way TPTB thought of doing ..Ah men writers !!! ...So this is what they would do ..if they can't get the woman of their choice , they 'll go for the second best!!!! I hope no .

Anyway ..All and All I still think what we got in 8 years is good .

If I was the writer of course I would have put Sam and Jack together a bit more in Paradise lost ..like I would have made sure they actually talk during the rescue operation and that we see both of them back in the ship .

AND MOST OF ALL I WOULD NOT HAVE BROUGHT Pete into the show but only guys like Martouff, Orlin , Joe , Narim ..ect ..because I reckon that was enough to create some tension and ...

.....I would have made a special episode where Sam and Jack are stranded on a planet a la paradise Lost , not sure it would be so cruel and they would start killing each other .!!!!I could see more both teaming up to fight for survival against new weird aliens ..so I would have had them run a lot through the forest , built a tree house and live up there for a while while thinking if the regulations still apply after 100 days ...

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X