X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    ???

Why did they do a stupid thing like that??? I mean Dr. Carter and General O'Neill were after all engaged...
    That scene was a lot sweeter and more poignant with the way they did it. If you turn up the volume Gen Jack did tell Dr. Carter "I love you"-but it had more of a heart tugging feel to it with out the full on smooch.
    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      the writers have a very serious problem with commitment. they know that as long as there's UST, folks will watch to see what happens. when it comes to rings and china patterns, people get bored,...including the writers

they like to play with ship but will not actually write ship. because i think they don't know how to get themselves out of the corner if they write it

May be they could ask some of us to pop round to the studio for FREE and we 'll show them what to do ...On that occasion if I was accepted ...I will ask for a cup of Coffee and will demand to sit on RDA's laps

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
        How about Beneth the Surface for our mini ship day theme?

What do you mean by that Rogue ?
        you mean we start talking about Beneath the surface and move on from there ?!! or we talk about Beneath the surface only?!!!

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
          What do you mean by that Rogue ?
          you mean we start talking about Beneath the surface and move on from there ?!! or we talk about Beneath the surface only?!!!

Caty
          Don't know. Any suggestions? Suekay asked for theme ideas, I threw that one out. We used 1969 as a theme for our bus trip (mainly because it had the bus).
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

oh i dunno I think Reckoning would be a good theme-considering the boys in vancouver are due for one.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing that side of Weir. I don't necessarily agree about the ill-conceived part either. My one criticism about her character is that she's not expressive enough...but then I constantly compare her to Sam. How would Sam react to this or that...

I kind of even imagine how neat it would be for Sam to be in command of Atlantis...but of course that would add a whole new spin to the term "Long Distance Relationship"...

I'm fairly certain Jack wouldn't be pleased...unless he'd be willing to relocate to, well, another galaxy...and how would that conversation play out??? Let's just see, shall we???

=========

Jack's on the couch munching on potato chips and watching the Pro-Bowl on tv. Sam eyes him nervously from the kitchen, trying to build up the nerve to talk to him. After a few deep breaths, she picks up two beers and heads over to sit next to him on the couch. She hands him his beer as she starts talking:

SAM: So uh I have some news.
              JACK (pops the cap off and flips it across the room): News can be good.
              SAM: It can be...I guess it depends on your perspective.
              JACK: I've got lots of perspectives. Some of them even worth hearing.
              SAM: Okay. (then, tentatively) How would you feel about moving?
              JACK: Again?
              Spoiler:
              I just moved to DC.

SAM: Just...answer the question. What would you think about relocating?
              JACK: To where? Are we talking Miami? Dallas?
              SAM: Oh, I was thinking something a little further away.
              JACK: Really? Well, I could definitely dig a tropical setting. Maybe something international perchance?
              SAM (nervously takes a swig): More like intergallactic.
              JACK (stops drinking, but the rim of the bottle is still against his lips): Excuse me?
              SAM: Yeah. That news I was talking about...it looks like I'm being reassigned to Atlantis to take over for Doctor Weir.
              JACK: Atlantis? You're moving to Atlantis?
              SAM (sheepishly): Well, actually I'm hoping that we're moving to Atlantis.
              JACK (stares off into the distance and takes another sip): Atlantis. Wow. I'm going to need boxes. (turning to face Sam) Does U-Haul service the Pegasus galaxy?

I just felt like being silly for a moment. Don't mind me.

That was funny (((Uber))) I like the way Jack throws his beer cap a la Mulder from "Je Souhaite" ....I do hope they'll never go to Atlantis though ..I find that place a bit dark ...so it gives a cold atmosphere to the area ...it reminds me of the ship in Alien...Cold ..without light ...I actually find it boring when people are stuck in the same place all the time wearing the same old clothes .

I wouldn't mind them to go intergalactic but somewhere with some greenery waterfalls and a few nice lakes to do some skinny dipping would be an advantage

and you know what I would have loved to see !!!!It's is an episode like "Arcadia "the x-files ..where they had to pretend to be married for a mission ..That would have been great to see specially when they have to share a room or a house !!!!

Caty

Comment

[QUOTE=TameFarrar]Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

The Con was EXCELLENT!!!!! no shipper questions were asked and I was in a line for a pic with *someone* so I missed parts of the PTB panels...darn it......

[/QUOTE=TameFarrar]

I am positively shocked that all these supposed shippers went to Vancouver and no one asked a single Sam/Jack ship question! How can that be? I would have asked every member of the show staff with whom I came in contact.....just to see if someone would let something slip. Does this seem odd to anyone but me? I'm still fairly new to all this......

Comment

[QUOTE=sg-1fanintn]
                  Originally posted by TameFarrar
                  Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

The Con was EXCELLENT!!!!! no shipper questions were asked and I was in a line for a pic with *someone* so I missed parts of the PTB panels...darn it......

[/QUOTE=TameFarrar]

I am positively shocked that all these supposed shippers went to Vancouver and no one asked a single Sam/Jack ship question! How can that be? I would have asked every member of the show staff with whom I came in contact.....just to see if someone would let something slip. Does this seem odd to anyone but me? I'm still fairly new to all this......
                  I am not at all surprised. Who would they have asked? TPTB? There were little to no ship questions at our con in February either. And now that season 8 is over, I really feel like TPTB have resolved all that they are going to resolve about past storylines. The show will not be the same. It will focus all on the new characters and aim in a completely different direction. Sadly, I think it's wrong, and a part of me hope it flops during season 9.

I haven't been here much at all lately because of my thoughts. I just think that the Jack and Sam ship is now a thing of the past. I am happy with the 8 years I have been a fan of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    the writers have a very serious problem with commitment. they know that as long as there's UST, folks will watch to see what happens. when it comes to rings and china patterns, people get bored,...including the writers

they like to play with ship but will not actually write ship. because i think they don't know how to get themselves out of the corner if they write it
                    Amen! And the worst part about it is that while we suspend our belief in order to enjoy the show... some things become totally unrealistic when you have to suspend your belief for that long... year after year after year.... (Because in RL if the two shipping in question hadn't had a convo/gotten together... they'd have plenty of friends who'd have staged an "intervention" early on to get them to own up to their attraction and feelings!!!)
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

No, it doesn't seem odd to me. If the con had been this time last year when S/J ship had been thrown front and center with the introduction of Pete in Chimera, yep I could have seen the audience throwing a zillion ship questions at TPTB.

But like Kri said... we're here at the end of S8 and TPTB think they have wrapped things up and they've literally moved on. RDA and S/J just aren't on their priority list unless it serves their new S9 stories and characters.

As far as 'supposed' Shippers... I know Kiwigater and Marimba liked S/J ship and our wonderful ShipperTown Activities Director, Tame, has always been one of our biggest S/J ship supporters.... even when the rest of us were down in the dumps grumbling/mumbling away. But I can't speak for them as to the reasons why they wouldn't/didn't ask. Had I chosen to go to the con (I had toyed w/the idea at the end of last year) I probably wouldn't have asked either, unless given the opportunity to talk one-on-one with the writers. I mean S/J ship questions are avoided like the plague by the writers who answer questions on the forum... they're not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole at a public con. And RCC was there last weekend too & if I do recall about this time last year he was talking about the issues shippers had.... so I don't think he would have lent himself to a ship question very easily by anyone who knows his attitude towards some fans...

But there could always be the chance that the congoers talked to someone *in the know* who swore them to secrecy too.... (though that last part would be very wishful thinking on my part.... )

Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Hey all!

Mmm...I think episode themes are the way to go!

(all long as we don't need to wear those pyjamas Sam and Jack wore in Beneath the Surface!)

I'm trying to think of more subtle shippy moments (I'm a fan of subtlety), but I'm drawing blanks.

Maybe we should also honour all the other semi-related-to-S/J ships!

ie. TBFTGOG - the engaged S/J
                        PoV - the married S/J
                        BtS - Jonah and Thera
                        Spoiler:
                        Moebius - geek Sam and her Jack!

a note regarding my dings - to the person who this moment red repped me...yes I had off topic posts, but the ding was for one on fanfiction...S/J fanfiction...I got dinged for my University posts and never made a fuss because they were warranted...this latest one wasn't
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                          Amen! And the worst part about it is that while we suspend our belief in order to enjoy the show... some things become totally unrealistic when you have to suspend your belief for that long... year after year after year.... (Because in RL if the two shipping in question hadn't had a convo/gotten together... they'd have plenty of friends who'd have staged an "intervention" early on to get them to own up to their attraction and feelings!!!)
                          Now there's a scene I'd liked to see. Ok, so if RDA can't come back (as cooler as it would make it), have Daniel and Teal'c sit Sam down. I know it's been done countless times in fics, but I'd love to see what the writers and especially the actors would do.
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                            I'm trying to think of more subtle shippy moments (I'm a fan of subtlety), but I'm drawing blanks.
                            I hear that. The only one off the top of my head is in Shades of Gray. When Daniel says "We drew straws...I lost." The look Sam gives him is hilarious.
                            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                            Daniel: Oh! You see?
                            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Ok, guys

Let's take discussion of the dings to PM or the 'about the forum' area of the forum where there's a thread set up for just that
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

FIC UPDATE FIC UPDATE FIC UPDATE

In Between the Threads - Chapter 6 - In between his sheets
                                Chapter one link (if you've not read it
                                Spoiler:
                                Jack, Kerry...the morning after...but what's wrong?

Oh it's getting angsty...

*looks at MB's sig*

wait a minute...was it ever NOT angsty
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X