This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    I was reading in the Stargate Illustrated Comp that the hug in TBFTGOG was originally written as a kiss but AT/RDA asked to have it changed to a hug.

See just goes to show you that the writers were thinking ship way back in season 1.

AT also said in an interview that during her screen test she was asked to stand next to RDA with her arm around his waist to see how well they looked together. I mean come on if ship wasn't in the writers/producers minds from day one...why would they care? But who knows, maybe CJ had to pose with his arm around RDA as well for the producers.
    wow TPTB have "always" thought of making Sam and Jack shippy from the word go. The chemistry definitely is present between RDA and AT. I hope now that we are on S9, TPTB follow through their initial idea. Sam and Jack forever...please.

RLOL about CJ....

Comment

shortiedu!!!
      WELCOME

I hope you'll have fun and become a writter more than a reader

Someone asked about Daniel...I think as you said that he cares a lot about his friends and would probably wish them to live what he lived with Share but I doubt he really gets how much their feelings are deep and serious. He's most of the time surprised to see how close they could be or doesn't get the allusions or "hidden meaning" of their exchange, just a kind of passive observer who doesn't really know what's happening...because he certainly does notice some looks and smiles
      I can't remember in which episodes I got this impression but it's what I think about him. he knows they care a lot for each other but he certainly thinks that they wouldn't do anything against the reg and doesn't really have any proof of what they feel or want so I assume he has just decided not to be involved in that...I'm not sure if my point is very clear here anyway, Teal'c is our best ally
      Spoiler:
      now that Jacob is gone to his wife's side

OT guess If MS is not interested in a ship development for his character I assume they'll try to do something with BB(once again BBrowder not BBridges... ) and the new doc...

Comment

parsifal I'am also Happy Jag is not going on to a new Season without there Star.
        Spoiler:
        I still cannot believe Sg-1 is going on to a new Season without there Star especially after TPTB kept telling us no RDA no New Seasons.I think TPTB do not want Atlantis on it's own.TPTB want SG-1 around as a lead in for a little longer.It will be very interesting to see if Atlantis cano mkae it without Sg-1 and have the same long run SG-1 had on TV.This might sound mean but I would Love to see SG-1 and Atlantis tank in the ratings this Season.I want TPTB to lesson about not going on without the Star and to not keep a Show on the Air to milk every Penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i dunno

there were originally lines scripted for the force field scene in Upgrades/D&C but amanda and rick didn't want ot say them and, imho, it's far more powerful without lines for folks to quote and rally around

they've done a pretty good job of keeping things going without going so far that they're committed
          yeah, i agree. but that can only go on for so long before it becomes stale an/or unfulfilling. time for COMMITMENT!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            yeah, i agree. but that can only go on for so long before it becomes stale an/or unfulfilling. time for COMMITMENT!

sally
            I wonder if TPTB have a problem with COMMITMENT. They are all guys aren't they?

Comment

Okay so only one person's responded to my Sam/Jack shippy music challlenge.

Here's what we have so far...

GRACE: When Sam
              Spoiler:
              wakes up and calls him Jack

ZERO HOUR: When Jack's
              Spoiler:
              questioning his leadership abilities now that Sam and the others are missing

AFFINITY: When Sam shows Jack
              Spoiler:
              the ring Pete bought and she asks him about the things that are preventing her from saying yes to Pete. "And what about you? If things had been different..."

THREADS: When Sam's
              Spoiler:
              in Jack's driveway trying to build up the courage to tell him of her misgivings over the impending nuptuals as well as telling Jack how she feels about him

So, when else was their music played??? Come on people, think!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                ???

Why did they do a stupid thing like that??? I mean Dr. Carter and General O'Neill were after all engaged...
                Oh I don't know.. maybe they just didn't feel like they knew each other well enough to be kissing already. Oh wait I forgot about the hot and heavy kissing scene in Broca Divide... nevermind...that just shoots that theory out of the water.

AT says that they[she and RDA] felt the 'hug' conveyed a much deeper sense of feeling. I guess I could understand that a bit. I mean they were possibly saying good-bye to each other for the last time... yeah like I would pass up laying one on RDA if it was the last time I would ever see him. *Cough* Pardon me...but we're not talking about me now were we.

The real truth is the AU Sam/Jack are both really shy and didn't want to kiss in front of a stranger[ Daniel ]. Yeah that's the ticket.

There's probably suppose to be a kiss in a half dozen other episodes that we will never know about.

*Shakes her fist up into the air and screams ...'WHY??'*

I apologize if you do not find the above as amusing as I did...unfortunately I'm running on 4hrs sleep in the past 40hrs. I promise I'll be better the next time I make a post.

Kat

Comment

Okay so only one person's responded to my Sam/Jack shippy music challlenge.

Here's what we have so far...

GRACE: When Sam
                  Spoiler:
                  wakes up and calls him Jack

ZERO HOUR: When Jack's
                  Spoiler:
                  questioning his leadership abilities now that Sam and the others are missing

AFFINITY: When Sam shows Jack
                  Spoiler:
                  the ring Pete bought and she asks him about the things that are preventing her from saying yes to Pete. "And what about you? If things had been different..."

THREADS: When Sam's
                  Spoiler:
                  in Jack's driveway trying to build up the courage to tell him of her misgivings over the impending nuptuals as well as telling Jack how she feels about him

So, when else was their music played??? Come on people, think!
                  Ah man... I don't recall what Sam & Jack's song sounds like...
                  Can you hum a few bars for me??

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    parsifal I'am also Happy Jag is not going on to a new Season without their Star.
                    Particularly after what DPB was going to do to DJE.

Spoiler:
                    I still cannot believe Sg-1 is going on to a new Season without there Star especially after TPTB kept telling us no RDA no New Seasons.I think TPTB do not want Atlantis on it's own.TPTB want SG-1 around as a lead in for a little longer.
                    I don't think they're terribly worried about Atlantis. I think keeping SG-1 on the air is all about the money. They're wringing all the cash out of it now without regard to the long-term impact on the franchise, not to mention 'lesser' issues like creative integrity.

Spoiler:
                    It will be very interesting to see if Atlantis cano mkae it without Sg-1 and have the same long run SG-1 had on TV.This might sound mean but I would Love to see SG-1 and Atlantis tank in the ratings this Season.I want TPTB to lesson about not going on without the Star and to not keep a Show on the Air to milk every Penny.
                    I don't think Atlantis will have a problem with ratings. To me, it is now the far stronger of the two shows. Aside from my obvious commitment to Sam and Jack, I have little invested in SG-1 anymore. I might be tempted to join you in your potential Schadenfreude except I've been enjoying Atlantis. (I know, I know, I should have learned my lesson about getting involved with the Stargate PTB's.) Of course, given the spoilers that have emerged about S2, I may not enjoy it as much. Given that most of the shows I like get cancelled prematurely anyway, I'm not going to wish it upon one that seems to be thriving.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                      Ah man... I don't recall what Sam & Jack's song sounds like...
                      Can you hum a few bars for me??

Kat
                      Okay - lean in closer to you monitor and see if you can hear me humming...

Okay. I'll be serious now. It's the music played at the end of this audio clip:

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.wav

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think Atlantis should do well in the ratings.I have no problem with any SG-1 fans watching Atlantis.I probably should not wish anything bad for Atlantis.TPTB should learn from there mistakes when it comes to Atlantis.Do not have Ship unless you plan to follow through and Do not have the guest Star of the week fall for one character at every turn.TPTB should also try to keep the focus on the entire Atlantis Team and not have a different character be the Star every week.I just wish TPTB of SG-1 did the same thing TPTB of Cheers did.When Ted Danson had enough Cheers was wrapped up.I know there different shows but I'am a Big believer in ending the Show when the Big Star wants to move on.If I was a Big Star on a show that was on a number of Years I think I would have a problem with the Show wanting to continue after I left.

Comment

Originally posted by jafacakes
                          wow ! just read it..that's a tough one but it's very well written...poor Sam...but there's a happy shippy ending so i'm sure she feels better but wow...it's quite deconcerting and different from our version of the team...what do you guys think ? (think the end is pretty funny and touching and a "jail" sequel would be much more funnier )

SueKay haven't have time to read yours yet...need some sleep before

Comment

I think Atlantis should do well in the ratings.I have no problem with any SG-1 fans watching Atlantis.I probably should not wish anything bad for Atlantis.TPTB should learn from there mistakes when it comes to Atlantis.Do not have Ship unless you plan to follow through and Do not have the guest Star of the week fall for one character at every turn.TPTB should also try to keep the focus on the entire Atlantis Team and not have a different character be the Star every week.I just wish TPTB of SG-1 did the same thing TPTB of Cheers did.When Ted Danson had enough Cheers was wrapped up.I know there different shows but I'am a Big believer in ending the Show when the Big Star wants to move on.If I was a Big Star on a show that was on a number of Years I think I would have a problem with the Show wanting to continue after I left.
                            Hey! Martin Gero answered my Atlantis Q!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....2&postcount=25

I don't know how involved in SG-1 he is at this point, so I didn't even try to ask an S/J shippy question...coward that I am...

Comment

Just a quick check in note ((((((((((Shipper Family))))))))))

The Con was EXCELLENT!!!!! no shipper questions were asked and I was in a line for a pic with *someone* so I missed parts of the PTB panels...darn it......

I am sicker then sick with an Upper Resp. Infection I brought home with me ...But I will try to get some stuff posted.... If you want to look at some Con reports from my *Gang* here are two links

Shadow's account is VERY good
                              http://www.livejournal.com/users/shadowmaat/

And of course our very own Ship Mum "D
                              http://www.livejournal.com/users/shipmum/
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hey! Martin Gero answered my Atlantis Q!!!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....2&postcount=25

I don't know how involved in SG-1 he is at this point, so I didn't even try to ask an S/J shippy question...coward that I am...

Problem is, the writers' idea of a 'softer side' is all too often an idiotic, ill-conceived romance. I can only hope that "Intruder" won't turn into Weir's version of "Sanctuary".

I guess Martin isn't aware that spoilers about "Duet" have already emerged.

Comment

Working...
                                X