This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starfury
    My sig (created by the DIVINELY talented, ever-generous goddess sueKay) is a tribute to my Shipper Guru, Teal'c!!!

Teal'c is not just A shipper, Teal'c is THE Shipper. And seriously, with that guy on our side, how can we possibly fail? I mean he kicks galactic tookus. With Teal'c looking out for Jack's interests, no Random Guy Of The Week (or Season) could stand a chance. And I think that CJ is a shipper too. I just get that vibe from him, and from the eps he wrote.
    Yeah...the one's CJ writes usually has a S/J shippy tinge to them... the ones with Ishta both have at least one shippy scene or reference in them...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
      The red dinger dings again. Apparently, this person didn't like my question to Joe about the ship. Obviously an anti-shipper. The comment was: "Hasn't some version of this question been asked about a million times?"

Gee, Red Dinger! I don't know! I've only been a member of the forum for a month. I haven't viewed a million posts yet. Besides, Joe hasn't answered the question yet, and a moderator posted a comment on the thread just the other day saying that if the question hasn't been answered, keep posting it.

But you, Red Dinger, must be all-knowing, all-seeing and all-judging. So, hit me with your best shot!

To my fellow forum buds: excuse my rant.
      Yep, some version of this question has been asked about a million times, but not with ref to S9. So we can keep asking another million times until Joe answers

((((Starfury)))) Your sig says it all Teal'c - otherwise known as Defender of the Ship
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Yeah...the one's CJ writes usually has a S/J shippy tinge to them... the ones with Ishta both have at least one shippy scene or reference in them...

Not to mention all T&I's kissyface! Yet another ship tptb are happy to show

I sometimes wonder whether shipping is worth the hassle, the disappointments, the PTB, but then I think about the wonderful gooeyness that pervades my system when I see a shippy moment and think YES! IT'S ALL WORTH IT IN THE END
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          There was meant to be a kiss in BtS, but TPTB decided 'they'd been kissing enough that season'

FCOL...they kissed ONCE that season!
          I was reading in the Stargate Illustrated Comp that the hug in TBFTGOG was originally written as a kiss but AT/RDA asked to have it changed to a hug.

See just goes to show you that the writers were thinking ship way back in season 1.

AT also said in an interview that during her screen test she was asked to stand next to RDA with her arm around his waist to see how well they looked together. I mean come on if ship wasn't in the writers/producers minds from day one...why would they care? But who knows, maybe CJ had to pose with his arm around RDA as well for the producers.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            I was reading in the Stargate Illustrated Comp that the hug in TBFTGOG was originally written as a kiss but AT/RDA asked to have it changed to a hug.

See just goes to show you that the writers were thinking ship way back in season 1.

AT also said in an interview that during her screen test she was asked to stand next to RDA with her arm around each others waist to see how they looked together. I mean come on if ship wasn't original in the works from day one...why would they care? But then who knows, maybe CJ had to pose with his arm around RDA as well for the producers.
            ???

Why did they do a stupid thing like that??? I mean Dr. Carter and General O'Neill were after all engaged...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              The red dinger dings again. Apparently, this person didn't like my question to Joe about the ship. Obviously an anti-shipper. The comment was: "Hasn't some version of this question been asked about a million times?"

Gee, Red Dinger! I don't know! I've only been a member of the forum for a month. I haven't viewed a million posts yet. Besides, Joe hasn't answered the question yet, and a moderator posted a comment on the thread just the other day saying that if the question hasn't been answered, keep posting it.

But you, Red Dinger, must be all-knowing, all-seeing and all-judging. So, hit me with your best shot!

To my fellow forum buds: excuse my rant.
              it's not necessarily an anti doing this. (i know)

here's something to consider. when someone red dings a person, but doesn't leave a message or leaves one that's not nice... they know you can't reply to them personally, so what's the only reward they'll get from it? you making a deal of it on a thread. some of them merely want to see you squirm and get upset, so take away their reward. ignore them by not responding on a thread.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Kat - Nice new sig pic - almost didn't recognise you

Smoochies - always shippy

AT also said in an interview that during her screen test she was asked to stand next to RDA with her arm around his waist to see how well they looked together. I mean come on if ship wasn't in the writers/producers minds from day one...why would they care? But who knows, maybe CJ had to pose with his arm around RDA as well for the producers.
                Well, come on! I mean! She had to put her arm around his waist - she's female and human right? Could any of us do any different?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                  Well, come on! I mean! She had to put her arm around his waist - she's female and human right? Could any of us do any different?
                  and the funny thing is is that amanda was only told to stand next to rda, not put her arm around him. that happened by amanda herself. *smart and lucky girl! *

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I think Teal'c is the original shipper. He may have seen the potential for the Sam/Jack relationship even before they did. I think that perhaps Teal'c (with his age) realizes that life is too short to let regulations stand in the way. Although, he can be quite disciplined. But still...I think he supports them being together and would probably work towards helping it happen.
                    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                      I think Teal'c is the original shipper. He may have seen the potential for the Sam/Jack relationship even before they did. I think that perhaps Teal'c (with his age) realizes that life is too short to let regulations stand in the way. Although, he can be quite disciplined. But still...I think he supports them being together and would probably work towards helping it happen.

I agree.

i mean, look at t-man. he spent months/years away from his wife and son and didnt' get to marry the woman he loved - sho'nac because of the rules
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i believe BTS was originally written with the idea that jack and sam had been intimate while mind wiped, then that was changed to more of a UST'y feeling

all throughout the actors have liked and enjoyed the ship angle, but just not too far

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i believe BTS was originally written with the idea that jack and sam had been intimate while mind wiped, then that was changed to more of a UST'y feeling

all throughout the actors have liked and enjoyed the ship angle, but just not too far
                          Well that's just cruel.

Comment

i dunno

there were originally lines scripted for the force field scene in Upgrades/D&C but amanda and rick didn't want ot say them and, imho, it's far more powerful without lines for folks to quote and rally around

they've done a pretty good job of keeping things going without going so far that they're committed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                              I'm in for mini-shipper day too ! Just tell what time it begins and I'll try to be there on time
                              I'm going to search for ship fics. Do you want something special ? Angst ? Short fics ? Novels ? Related to which season or episode ?
                              Just tell and I'll try to find it
                              mini-shipper day ? Hope to be in a unlurking mode. I've been reading far too much fantic recently and not lurked enough
                              Anyway just read this one, it is very good . It's called Looking up

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2233287/1/

Comment

Dear Sam,

Don't worry, THEY will make us be together, FOREVER...

This Saturday.... MINI SHIP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry

Jack
                                Attached Files

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X