This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Okay here's a trivia question for you all...

Name the episodes that Jack/Sam's "shippy" music get played in...

Include the name of the episode and the scene.

THREADS :
    Spoiler:
    Sam is sitting in her car staring at Jack's house, trying to work up the courage to tell him that her engagement to Pete is a mistake because of how she feels about Jack

Alright! So what are the others???
    GRACE:
    Spoiler:
    Last scene - Sam in the infirmary talking with Jack, as scene ends, music plays. Definitely a shippy scene - she calls him JACK Shame she doesn't kiss him again
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      Oh yeah Teal'c is lovely when it comes to Sam and Jack ship but you're right ..he is not very subtle ...remember in
      Spoiler:
      New order when he was with Sam in the ship and was asking questions about her love life because he knew that she would actually die for Jack ...and she even didn't want to talk about Pete .

Caty

ARRRRRGGGGGGGH! No! I don't remember that bit!!!!!!

*coughclipscough*

*too much guilt - too much remorse - too much - too mu... brain going into seizure*
      sigpic

Comment

(((Oma )))..clean your inbox if you want a PM

and Sam and Jack with a lot of smoochies in season 9

Caty

Comment

Teal'c is normally the master of subtle. Do you think tptb were making a point by having T be the one to bring the subject up?

What do you think Daniel thinks of the SJ ship?
          sigpic

Comment

(((Oma )))..clean your inbox if you want a PM

and Sam and Jack with a lot of smoochies in season 9

Caty
            Empty Been chatting a *lot* tonight

smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie smoochie

Is that enough smoochies?
            sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads

Spoiler:
              ....I hope they'll be using a lot of phone conversation between Sam and Jack when they talk about what they are doing like the phone call in "Good to be king" ....and Jack would probably say "I love you" (be nice to hear it slighlty at the end of the line) and Sam would answer "Me too" like she did in threads when she was on the phone to Pete ..except she 'll add " Can't wait to see you next week"

Caty
              Spoiler:
              i didn't necessarily think that when sam said 'me too' to pete on the phone, it was because he'd said 'i love you'. that didn't enter my mind until you'd brought it up. i can't play back that scene at this moment, but i remember getting the impression that maybe he'd said something like 'i'm sorry you're going to miss the appointment', or something close. this doesn't mean that he didn't say i love you, i just remember not feeling that from her with her facial expressions and tone of voice and such. but that's just my opinion, and i'm sure if i played back that scene, i'd get a better feel on it.

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

((((Uber)))) This is a fantastic analysis of Grace, Chimera, Affinity and Threads but I really think that Sam & Jack will
                Spoiler:
                be together already by the time season 9 starts ..I don't think it looks like they were gonna wait a while longer ..I mean he was quick to invite her to the cabin ..and she accepted ...Sam knew what going to the cabin meant!!! ..and I don't mean they already had a intimate relationship on the first cabin trip but if they were alone for a while before Teal'c and Daniel arrives ...I don't think they could have resisted to the temptation to get a bit physical ...It's all depends if Jack was out of the military by then !! but I think that by the time season premiere starts ..they are together ...if Jack is still Military in season 9 premiere ..obviously ..they saw each other without intimacy but I reckon that by the episode Sam comes back ....they would be a very definate couple by that time ...and we would not have seen the very beginning of their relationship.....We'll hear about it through Sam a lot I think ..bits there and then but it won't be the focus of the show anymore so that other fans don't get too upset ..Still tptb has got to keep the Sam and Jack ship going for all the shippers who may buy the season 9 DVD's if they do...but we'll get to a established relationship I think even if it is a long distance one .

Caty
                i have a question for ppl that play in other fandoms with other fandom shippers and anti shippers... are shippers in other fandoms treated as poorly there as they are here? i know Jag has a huge ship following, so i wonder if Jag shippers are tortured like we are with our S/J relay? i really don't want this question (if answered) to become belligerent against antis, i'm just curious if other fandoms have the same aggression as this one does.

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

You know, that's a Stargate I could've lived quite happily with. Can I add, if it went my way, Sam & Jack would've slowly started "taking the next step" (now *that's* a cliche even I can't stand!) right after Grace--those *Others* never even existed. Just imagine it folks... I know, I've said it before, but really... really look at the second half of season seven and all of eight without the *Other* storylines ever happening. Keep everything else just exactly the same, but take out the and they'd have been right about season eight. It would have been the best year ever. Especially if we add in some of those missed opportunities and editing room floor kissage!

As for Sam & Jack ship and their future over the next Stargate Year...
                  Spoiler:
                  I'll hazzard a prediction, since I was pretty close with my expectations for this last year. I was also right about RDA being unable to resist coming back to have fun with Stargate once in a while! Hee Heeee! So with all things in consideration--spoilers, babies, retirements, and knowing how these things tend to play out--I'm gonna take a wild leap through the Quantom Shipper Mirror and speed thru season nine in ShipFastFoward.

Spoiler:
                  Beginning of season nine, rda makes a couple of brief appearances in the earliest eps. Easing him out, rather than jerking abruptly. The fact that Sam is very much a part of the promos for the "new SG1", I have no doubt we'll hear some very interesting reports of her activities... Wonder who she'll report too? Since her absence is likely increased, I wouldn't be surprised to get a sniglet an ep or two before she returns. As Jack is supposedly very much "alive and active" in the Stargate Universe (as alive as Cassie? Probably a bit of General Hammond too!) we'll get mention of Jack as well as Sam. Sam returns, at last, with a word or six about her *extended leave* (which we only wish were for a honeymoon...) before the Big Emergency takes over.

Spoiler:
                  And for completely wild and random speculation, I'm more inclined than ever to believe we'll get a couple of guest appearances with RDA towards the end of the season, maybe even the finale. If it's the Series Finale and Goodbye SG1 FOREVER, I sure hope he's there for it! And we will at long last get that big passionate REAL Sam & Jack, in the REAL timeline WITHOUT alien influence, drugging, or any other depraved deviations making it the very moment we are really hoping and praying and otherwise impatiently waiting for. It's the only thing keeping me tuning in--to reruns, new eps come July, even Fandom-- Hope we'll still see further development, however slight, in the relationship between our favorite characters.

So here's to Season Nine, To Sam & Jack, and to all the Fantabulous Shippers:

SHIP SHIP HOORAY!

SHIP SHIP HOORAY!
                  SHIP SHIP HOORAY!

{Stepping off soapbox, passing the megaphone, and running back into the shadows of lurkdom with some end of season 8 fics to keep me sane until this production is over... )[/QUOTE]

I like how you think on your points, I only wish there had been a better way for Sam to explore her feelings without involving
                  Spoiler:
                  Pete. Like something involving Jack Maybe?

here's a yes vote for having RDA in the season finale that would be great!!! And maybe a real kiss Yessss!.

I'm still keeping the faith-and so far still going to watch season 9
                  sigpic muppet the ship puppy is hoping for some good ship
                  Hoping for some kisses and so on.

Comment

Here's to you, tauripeg! Hopefully, you're right! As a side note, everyone from Iowa I've ever known has been extremely level-headed, reasonable and could predict how things would turn out with a good degree of accuracy. I hope you're just like my friends in Des Moines!

I like your perspective. Please join us often on our little "ship-fest." The time between now and July is frustrating!

Comment

The red dinger dings again. Apparently, this person didn't like my question to Joe about the ship. Obviously an anti-shipper. The comment was: "Hasn't some version of this question been asked about a million times?"

Gee, Red Dinger! I don't know! I've only been a member of the forum for a month. I haven't viewed a million posts yet. Besides, Joe hasn't answered the question yet, and a moderator posted a comment on the thread just the other day saying that if the question hasn't been answered, keep posting it.

But you, Red Dinger, must be all-knowing, all-seeing and all-judging. So, hit me with your best shot!

To my fellow forum buds: excuse my rant.
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 19 April 2005, 03:28 PM. Reason: new thought

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                        The red dinger dings again. Apparently, this person didn't like my question to Joe about the ship. Obviously an anti-shipper. The comment was: "Hasn't some version of this question been asked about a million times?"

Gee, Red Dinger! I don't know! I've only been a member of the forum for a month. I haven't viewed a million posts yet. Besides, Joe hasn't answered the question yet, and a moderator posted a comment on the thread just the other day saying that if the question hasn't been answered, keep posting it.

But you, Red Dinger, must be all-knowing, all-seeing and all-judging. So, hit me with your best shot!

To my fellow forum buds: excuse my rant.
                        SG-1fanintn... I would Green ding you a thousand times for that post if I could... thanks for asking Joe the question that we all want to know... I'm sure there will be a shipper party if he answers!!!!!

For the shipper questions to Joe!

PS: AGSA thanks!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          i have a question for ppl that play in other fandoms with other fandom shippers and anti shippers... are shippers in other fandoms treated as poorly there as they are here? i know Jag has a huge ship following, so i wonder if Jag shippers are tortured like we are with our S/J relay? i really don't want this question (if answered) to become belligerent against antis, i'm just curious if other fandoms have the same aggression as this one does.
                          In regard to JAG, my impression is that there isn't as much of a shipper v. anti debate. The relationship between Harm and Mac (essentially the only two main characters) has been acknowledged as fact much more than S/J. While nothing has been done with the H/M relationship, it's been integrated more into the show.

However, the unrealistic and massively stunted nature of the H/M relationship (owing to the fact that Bellisario is a jerk) has generated sometimes intense tensions within, and outside of, the shipper community. Some people worship Harm and denigrate Mac or vice versa. All the crap that has been heaped on shippers, combined with the extended time frame (9 years!), has left some feeling burned out and apathetic. The series finale is on the 29th, and the nature of any resolution is still somewhat uncertain.

At least JAG isn't pushing on without its main star, though. It's been spared that ignominy.

Comment

The JAG thing has a lot of familiar elements in in, though!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              I think your right - Teal'c is a shipper. Most definitely. He was there for the confessions in WoO, so he knows how they feel for each other. It's T that comforts Sam in Paradise Lost, and he tries to comfort Jack in Grace. He's even not subtle about it!
                              My sig (created by the DIVINELY talented, ever-generous goddess sueKay) is a tribute to my Shipper Guru, Teal'c!!!

Teal'c is not just A shipper, Teal'c is THE Shipper. And seriously, with that guy on our side, how can we possibly fail? I mean he kicks galactic tookus. With Teal'c looking out for Jack's interests, no Random Guy Of The Week (or Season) could stand a chance. And I think that CJ is a shipper too. I just get that vibe from him, and from the eps he wrote.
                              Sam & Jack 'Ship...

Comment

Anybody looking for him?

We just need to put posters in the other threads

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X