This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Hello, out there, fellow shippers. I am still waiting for someone who was at Gatecon to post SOMETHING about the S/J ship.

actually, it's not gatecon, it's creation vancouver

gatecon is this july in vancouver

they're two separate cons
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks LOL4jack!

I don't really expect Joe to answer, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If you go online and find him there live, feel free to post my question. During the day (when it seems he most often logs in), I'm working too.....and usually find out he's been online when I get home in the late afternoons!

Comment

Thanks for correcting me, Skydiver. I'm just so mad with worry that I can't keep by Stargate conventions straight!

Actually, I don't care where someone hears something shippy.....I just want them to post it!

Comment

Originally posted by ohshocking
          Uni is just short for University. Do Americans not shorten it to Uni? *confused*

Also, to SueKay I wish you the best of luck with future Uni applications. I've applied this year, it's a taxing process, I know!

I have to completely agree. I adore BtS, one of my favourite episodes. It really shows how S&J would be together if they could. They are also just utterly adorable as Jonah and Thera, and so natural is their relationship that they feel things even when their memories have been taken... *shippy sigh*

With ref. to "Uni." I've never heard anyone here say "Uni." Someone might say they attend the "U." (Note "the" before it). But usually it's the name or abbreviation of the school. Like I went to Harvard (I wish!) or O.U. or the U. of I ("the" again) or in the case of the many universities run by the various states, just the name of the state, like I went to Iowa (really!).

Yes, I love BTS, too. It's "beneath the surface" on several levels.

Comment

This is in reference to the various musical motifs in SG. I noticed tonight while watching "New Ground" that when Nyan was helping the blinded Teal'c that the music sounded like our "shippy music." It didn't last very long, just a snippet. Which got me wondering when was the first episode that that particular motif was played--if just maybe this was the first time and then it was appropriated for "ship."

Also, does anyone know when the "fishing " music in "Threads" and "Moebius II"

was played before?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
              This is in reference to the various musical motifs in SG. I noticed tonight while watching "New Ground" that when Nyan was helping the blinded Teal'c that the music sounded like our "shippy music." It didn't last very long, just a snippet. Which got me wondering when was the first episode that that particular motif was played--if just maybe this was the first time and then it was appropriated for "ship."

Also, does anyone know when the "fishing " music in "Threads" and "Moebius II"

was played before?
              I also noticed the shippy music that I had always associated with Jack and Sam...the music played at the end of this clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.wav was also played during Zero Hour when Jack was starting his letter to Hammond...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                Since it's only 3 more months, why don't we have a little "shiplet" day now, if that's what people want, and a BIG AND HONKIN' ship day on July 27?
                Yes! Lets have a mini ship day, because I'll be away on holiday for the actual huge ship day, and don't want to miss out on all the shippy fun!
                Uncontrolled Destiny
                My Atlantis Music Videos (Shep/Weir and Misc.)

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  I also think that there's a good chance that
                  Spoiler:
                  Orlin and Barrett's
                  appearances could in a nuanced kind of way work to reinforce the Sam/Jack ship...but I believe it will be alot more subtle than that...

I see something like this:

Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
                  Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
                  Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry,
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  , but I'm involved with someone.
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy as before?
                  Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
                  Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
                  Sam and
                  Spoiler:
                  Barrett
                  exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.

This is a great scenario and very subtle Tptb style so why not !!!! better than nothing but to be honest ...I don't really see the point in being too subtle anymore ...just because
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Jack won't be on screen much anymore ..I don't see what harm being not so subtle would cause ..if the show concentrates more on the action and the new guy ..They have been suble for UST for 8 years ..may be they need to not be so sublte for RST considering they (Sam & Jack) won't even be on screen together ....I hope they'll be using a lot of phone conversation between Sam and Jack when they talk about what they are doing like the phone call in "Good to be king" ....and Jack would probably say "I love you" (be nice to hear it slighlty at the end of the line) and Sam would answer "Me too" like she did in threads when she was on the phone to Pete ..except she 'll add " Can't wait to see you next week"

Caty

Comment

But see I look at the big picture here. I'm not about to put this whole thing in spoiler tags... so I'll use spoiler space instead.

Grace, Chimera, Affinity and Threads

S
                    P
                    O
                    I
                    L
                    E
                    R
                    S

Spoiler:
                    Grace was important for Sam to realize that she wanted more for herself beyond a brilliant career at the SGC. She had so much time to just think about her life and assess her priorities and goals...and came to the conclusion that she wanted what her father had. I personally believe that "Jacob" was trying to get her to think beyond the obvious...that maybe the thing that's obstructing her road to happiness and love wasn't Jack but rather her career. Unfortunately, her she came to another conclusion (but then again, she had a concussion) and that was that she only wanted Jack because he was out of her reach and therefore "safe."

Chimera was important because she attempted to have more for herself with someone she deemed accessible and really cute (sorry Pete haters, but David DeLuise is just gorgeous)...but it also showed that awkwardness between Jack and her regarding her personal life was alive and well (reference the elevator scene). If neither of them felt anything, there wouldn't have been that uneasiness between them. He would have been happy for her, and that would have been that.

Affinity was important because Sam was willing to make a commitment to someone long-term. This was a huge step for her because as "Jacob" said to her in Grace, she subconciously was scared of love because she feared it must inevitably end in disappointment. But she already had doubts - it took her two weeks to even broach the topic with Jack (who was clearly disappointed she hadn't already said "no" to Pete) much less Pete himself, the guy who actually proposed to her. And it seems to me that she was trying to "have that life" with someone (since she couldn't have Jack)...and Pete was a good enough a candidate as any.

Threads was the most important of the group because it's the culmination of Grace, Chimera and Affinity. She realized that the conclusions she had come to in Grace...that she only wanted Jack because he was safe (unaccessible)...were completely wrong. She wanted him because she honestly loved him.

She further realized that making a commitment just for the sake of moving on was tantamount to settling for second best...and this all became glaringly obvious to her with the house and talk of a dog. It seems non-specific discussions of getting married and moving on were okay; but the actual reality of that concept...the till death do us part, house with a yellow kitchen and a big backyard for the dog...were so specific in nature and she realized this was not really what she wanted for herself. Not with Pete at least. As I said earlier, just because Pete was "available" didn't mean he was right for her and she became more and more aware that this wasn't what she really wanted.

She even had the guts to approach Jack to finally discuss with him her feelings...not because of her father and not because of Kerry (she had no knowledge of either), but because she came to that place where after a great deal of thought (I'm sure she was thinking about it in the car ride to the house among other times), she recognized she was at a watershed moment. Does she marry Pete, which her gut was telling her was more than likely a huge mistake or does she take a chance and finally express her feelings for Jack and let the chips fall where they may - not knowing if he reciprocated or how her career would be affected? Of course she was interrupted so we'll never know exactly what would have happened had what's her face not been there.

Poor Jack was clearly uncomfortable...not because he knew what she was going to say, because he obviously he knew where she was going with the conversation. But the timing was so atrocious because they weren't alone.

So now we have it...Jack has no choice but to come to terms with feelings he's been ignoring for years for the sake of the military and their work.

Sam also has finally come face to face with what she wants and needs and is clearly willing to pursue it...at least on some level.

I personally have NO DOUBT that they will end up together in the long run. But as to their immediate future, how soon and how quickly will they move closer together now that they won't be in the same chain of command? Will they now be willing to rush into a relationship or will they both still be a little gun shy and want to take it slow as to not jeopardize their deep and abiding friendship?

Only time will tell...and I'll be there to watch...whatever happens.

((((Uber)))) This is a fantastic analysis of Grace, Chimera, Affinity and Threads but I really think that Sam & Jack will
                    Spoiler:
                    be together already by the time season 9 starts ..I don't think it looks like they were gonna wait a while longer ..I mean he was quick to invite her to the cabin ..and she accepted ...Sam knew what going to the cabin meant!!! ..and I don't mean they already had a intimate relationship on the first cabin trip but if they were alone for a while before Teal'c and Daniel arrives ...I don't think they could have resisted to the temptation to get a bit physical ...It's all depends if Jack was out of the military by then !! but I think that by the time season premiere starts ..they are together ...if Jack is still Military in season 9 premiere ..obviously ..they saw each other without intimacy but I reckon that by the episode Sam comes back ....they would be a very definate couple by that time ...and we would not have seen the very beginning of their relationship.....We'll hear about it through Sam a lot I think ..bits there and then but it won't be the focus of the show anymore so that other fans don't get too upset ..Still tptb has got to keep the Sam and Jack ship going for all the shippers who may buy the season 9 DVD's if they do...but we'll get to a established relationship I think even if it is a long distance one .

Caty

Comment

So...when is our mini-ship day? I'm excited since it will be my first mini and also my first full ship day in July!
                      -girlgater

Comment

yes please when can we start our mini-ship days

Caty thanks for your 4th vid....love it so

SueKay....yes please keep writing shipfic...

Sam and Jack forever...S9 ........hope not dreaming....

Comment

But see I look at the big picture here. I'm not about to put this whole thing in spoiler tags... so I'll use spoiler space instead.

Grace, Chimera, Affinity and Threads

<HUGE, MASSIVE SNIPPAGE >

Spoiler:
                          I personally have NO DOUBT that they will end up together in the long run. But as to their immediate future, how soon and how quickly will they move closer together now that they won't be in the same chain of command? Will they now be willing to rush into a relationship or will they both still be a little gun shy and want to take it slow as to not jeopardize their deep and abiding friendship?

Only time will tell...and I'll be there to watch...whatever happens.

You go girl

I'm gonna be good and use spoilers

Spoiler:
                          I think they did move on in their relationship emotionally at the end of S8, but I'm not so sure of the pysical side of things. I'm not quite sure how the regs fit into this. None of the spoilers for S9 indicate that Jack is resigning, rather that he is taking up a new position. Hammond was still Air Force as Head of Homeworld Security, so Jack probably still is too (by the way, I can't remember if Jack's promotion to Hammond's job is canon or fanon - can someone jog my memory ). So they went to the cabin - and they're still in the same chain of command. Yes, I think they were there for a while before T&D showed up. But I can't see them dumping 8 years of abiding by the regs to hop into the sack.

I'm happy (for now) to know there is nothing standing between them, and they can get on with being a couple. I know we probably won't see any of it, but hints will do. But like my location says, I'm not gonna be really happy until they are married

But like MB says, I'll be there to watch .... whatever happens too
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            yes please when can we start our mini-ship days
                            Well, there's an old saying that goes there's no time like the present but to be fair to everyone, what are you all doing this weekend? How does Saturday sound? LOL4JACK has the questions, Caty has the videos, I'll bring the popcorn, who's running the bar?

*what do you mean I'm impatient *

So, how does this work for time zones??????????

"Caaaaarter! Can you c'mere a minute?"
                            sigpic

Comment

I also noticed the shippy music that I had always associated with Jack and Sam...the music played at the end of this clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/ring.wav was also played during Zero Hour when Jack was starting his letter to Hammond...
                              Is this the music from Grace too?? Hmm, have to check that out ....

I'm willing to sacrifice for my ship family
                              sigpic

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((SG1Fanintn))))))))))))))))))))))))

I just tried to rep you in the JM thread for your question (but GW's too stingy sometimes) - its great

*fingers crossed it gets answered*
                                *crosses toes its the answer we want*
                                *completely tied in knots now - please please please Joe answer the question*

For anyone who hasn't seen the question yet - click here, now, immediately, at once.....prepare to be wowed
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X