• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
    Barrett
    : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
    Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.
    Sam (turns to face him, humored by his poor sense of timing, and then turns back to the computer): Sorry,
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    , but I'm involved with someone.
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    (a little embarrassed): Oh, really? Same guy as before?
    Sam (tersely, hoping the conversation ends sooner rather than later): No.
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    (feeling uneasy, but in too deep to let it drop just yet): So, um, is it serious?
    Sam (grinning coyly): You might say that.
    Sam and
    Spoiler:
    Barrett
    exchange an awkward glance before they continue working.
    he he ! NICE !!

my opinion about Bts: I've realised that's very shippy just a while ago when I arrived here because in french it's not as shippy!! they translate the feelings conversation into really a feeling of brotherhood for thor so the meaning completely changes...it's not sheepy at all she just says that's sympathetic that he has a brotherhood feeling for thor !
    and the end is different too she says "Jack" he says "my colonel" as if he wanted to reproach her to all him jack, she nods and the he says let's back home...it changes the meaning a lot...there's not this exchange anymore between the two of them...but now that I know the original episode, I love it too !!!

agree with their style...not very fashion

Comment

I've seen a link to Shipmum's livejournal, but it's mainly Atlantis stuff. Although she does mention that Tame was on top form, so we should be getting some juicy stuff from her soon

*fingers crossed*

Here's Shipmum's link http://www.livejournal.com/users/shipmum/
      Last edited by Oma-1; 18 April 2005, 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot to put the link in...d'oh
      sigpic

Comment

On topic but off discussion.....

A couple of things I've been mulling over from "Threads and "Moebius 1 & 2":

1. In "Moebius 1 & 2," alternate timeline Jack's hair is darker than our timeline Jack. Check it out. I think they put a rinse on his hair for the other timeline.....probably to keep us from being confused (as we were) over whether we got "our" team back.

2. In "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2," Sam and Jack are sitting on the dock at Jack's cabin fishing alone. It seems to me that when Daniel and Teal'c arrive, they're just getting there. I mean, it's a short walk to the cabin for a drink. Why would they be setting up their chairs and bringing out the ice chest unless they were just arriving? Maybe Sam & Jack had been alone at the cabin for a day or two already......I hope, I hope.....

Just some rambling thoughts......while we keep waiting for some nuance on the Ship from someone who went to Vancouver!

Comment

Thanks Caty I agree.I doubt TPTB will have
          Spoiler:
          Sam be with another guy.I think TPTB and AT know the Sam character would be finished if Sam is with anyone except Jack.I just think the Sam character is in a bit of a recovery.Sam just left Pete and finally went Fishing with Jack.I just do not understand why TPTB would want to go down the Male guest Star falling for Sam road again.Even if Sam shows no interesting in these Guys it still looks like a Soap Opera.I never thought the Sam and Jack Ship was like a Soap Opera but I always thought Sam and the guest Star of the week was a joke.I think if we knew for sure RDA would be in some episodes with AT we could brush off the Guest Stars coming back.IMO TPTB should be doing whatever they can to reach out to all the Fans and not jerking around a certain Fans base.I though the idea was to try to reach the most Fans and not to upset a large part of the Fan base.Looking back I wish I was not such a loyal viewer.I should have stayed away from most of Season 8.If I had it to do over again I would have missed most of the Season.

Comment

I see something like this:

Spoiler:
            Barrett
            and Sam are talking over whatever it is they're working on together...Sam heads over to the computer and starts typing...
            Spoiler:
            Barrett
            sees this as an opportunity to spark a conversation:

Spoiler:
            Barrett
            : So, uh, I noticed you're not wearing a ring.
            Sam (surprised at his bluntness): No...no I'm not.
            Spoiler:
            Barrett
            (hems and haws a little): You know, that dinner invitation is still open.

snip

I like it! That should be the first of MANY references to the S/J ship in S9.

sigpic
            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Thanks Caty I agree.I doubt TPTB will have
              Spoiler:
              Sam be with another guy.I think TPTB and AT know the Sam character would be finished if Sam is with anyone except Jack.I just think the Sam character is in a bit of a recovery.Sam just left Pete and finally went Fishing with Jack.I just do not understand why TPTB would want to go down the Male guest Star falling for Sam road again.Even if Sam shows no interesting in these Guys it still looks like a Soap Opera.I never thought the Sam and Jack Ship was like a Soap Opera but I always thought Sam and the guest Star of the week was a joke.I think if we knew for sure RDA would be in some episodes with AT we could brush off the Guest Stars coming back.IMO TPTB should be doing whatever they can to reach out to all the Fans and not jerking around a certain Fans base.I though the idea was to try to reach the most Fans and not to upset a large part of the Fan base.Looking back I wish I was not such a loyal viewer.I should have stayed away from most of Season 8.If I had it to do over again I would have missed most of the Season.
              I can't imagine that they'd do this. Then again, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that they'd do anything like Chimera, so who knows what goes through their addled little noggins? If worse comes to worse, I'll retire with my season 1-8 DVD's and fanfics, but I think things are going to turn out OK.

sigpic
              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                On topic but off discussion.....

A couple of things I've been mulling over from "Threads and "Moebius 1 & 2":

1. In "Moebius 1 & 2," alternate timeline Jack's hair is darker than our timeline Jack. Check it out. I think they put a rinse on his hair for the other timeline.....probably to keep us from being confused (as we were) over whether we got "our" team back.

2. In "Threads" and "Moebius 1 & 2," Sam and Jack are sitting on the dock at Jack's cabin fishing alone. It seems to me that when Daniel and Teal'c arrive, they're just getting there. I mean, it's a short walk to the cabin for a drink. Why would they be setting up their chairs and bringing out the ice chest unless they were just arriving? Maybe Sam & Jack had been alone at the cabin for a day or two already......I hope, I hope.....

Just some rambling thoughts......while we keep waiting for some nuance on the Ship from someone who went to Vancouver!
                Yep I agree with ya
                Spoiler:
                that Jack and Sam had there alone time for awhile before the babysitters came And remember Jack only told Sam "you've got packing to do!" Also Sam said "I can't believe we didn't do 'it' years ago. She didn't say fishing or this she said "it" I think that was the TPTB way of telling us that they are together!

OT now!!!
                (((((SueKay))))) Good Luck with College and Web design! Have you ever thought of writing as a major just wondering because your fics are really good! And remember things happen for a reason you'll get in GL!!!!

Comment

Hi chums. I see we're thinking about having a mini ship day. It sounds like fun to me. For those of you that were wondering what the actual shipper day is, here is the link to last years fun.
                  sigpic

Comment

SS when it comes to TPTB I can image anything.I do think
                    Spoiler:
                    AT would have a Big problem if they go the Male guest Star of the week for Sam.In regards to RDA I think it's great he is spending time with his Daughter and RDA does not owe the Fans anything.I just would be very surprised if we only see RDA in episodes 1 and 3.It cannot be that hard to shoot a couple of Nice Sam and Jack scences.I'am still hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                      I can't imagine that they'd do this. Then again, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that they'd do anything like Chimera, so who knows what goes through their addled little noggins? If worse comes to worse, I'll retire with my season 1-8 DVD's and fanfics, but I think things are going to turn out OK.
                      But see I look at the big picture here. I'm not about to put this whole thing in spoiler tags... so I'll use spoiler space instead.

Grace, Chimera, Affinity and Threads

S
                      P
                      O
                      I
                      L
                      E
                      R
                      S

Grace was important for Sam to realize that she wanted more for herself beyond a brilliant career at the SGC. She had so much time to just think about her life and assess her priorities and goals...and came to the conclusion that she wanted what her father had. I personally believe that "Jacob" was trying to get her to think beyond the obvious...that maybe the thing that's obstructing her road to happiness and love wasn't Jack but rather her career. Unfortunately, her she came to another conclusion (but then again, she had a concussion) and that was that she only wanted Jack because he was out of her reach and therefore "safe."

Chimera was important because she attempted to have more for herself with someone she deemed accessible and really cute (sorry Pete haters, but David DeLuise is just gorgeous)...but it also showed that awkwardness between Jack and her regarding her personal life was alive and well (reference the elevator scene). If neither of them felt anything, there wouldn't have been that uneasiness between them. He would have been happy for her, and that would have been that.

Affinity was important because Sam was willing to make a commitment to someone long-term. This was a huge step for her because as "Jacob" said to her in Grace, she subconciously was scared of love because she feared it must inevitably end in disappointment. But she already had doubts - it took her two weeks to even broach the topic with Jack (who was clearly disappointed she hadn't already said "no" to Pete) much less Pete himself, the guy who actually proposed to her. And it seems to me that she was trying to "have that life" with someone (since she couldn't have Jack)...and Pete was a good enough a candidate as any.

Threads was the most important of the group because it's the culmination of Grace, Chimera and Affinity. She realized that the conclusions she had come to in Grace...that she only wanted Jack because he was safe (unaccessible)...were completely wrong. She wanted him because she honestly loved him.

She further realized that making a commitment just for the sake of moving on was tantamount to settling for second best...and this all became glaringly obvious to her with the house and talk of a dog. It seems non-specific discussions of getting married and moving on were okay; but the actual reality of that concept...the till death do us part, house with a yellow kitchen and a big backyard for the dog...were so specific in nature and she realized this was not really what she wanted for herself. Not with Pete at least. As I said earlier, just because Pete was "available" didn't mean he was right for her and she became more and more aware that this wasn't what she really wanted.

She even had the guts to approach Jack to finally discuss with him her feelings...not because of her father and not because of Kerry (she had no knowledge of either), but because she came to that place where after a great deal of thought (I'm sure she was thinking about it in the car ride to the house among other times), she recognized she was at a watershed moment. Does she marry Pete, which her gut was telling her was more than likely a huge mistake or does she take a chance and finally express her feelings for Jack and let the chips fall where they may - not knowing if he reciprocated or how her career would be affected? Of course she was interrupted so we'll never know exactly what would have happened had what's her face not been there.

Poor Jack was clearly uncomfortable...not because he knew what she was going to say, because he obviously he knew where she was going with the conversation. But the timing was so atrocious because they weren't alone.

So now we have it...Jack has no choice but to come to terms with feelings he's been ignoring for years for the sake of the military and their work.

Sam also has finally come face to face with what she wants and needs and is clearly willing to pursue it...at least on some level.

I personally have NO DOUBT that they will end up together in the long run. But as to their immediate future, how soon and how quickly will they move closer together now that they won't be in the same chain of command? Will they now be willing to rush into a relationship or will they both still be a little gun shy and want to take it slow as to not jeopardize their deep and abiding friendship?

Only time will tell...and I'll be there to watch...whatever happens.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        Hi chums. I see we're thinking about having a mini ship day. It sounds like fun to me. For those of you that were wondering what the actual shipper day is, here is the link to last years fun.
                        Thank you Dipsofjazz,

I definitly love the idea.... mmmm Shippy day, can we have:

- Best shippy moment
                        - Best shippy quote
                        - Best shippy kiss
                        - Best shippy moment without being shippy....

Does it have to be mini?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          Thank you Dipsofjazz,

Does it have to be mini?
                          Since it's only 3 more months, why don't we have a little "shiplet" day now, if that's what people want, and a BIG AND HONKIN' ship day on July 27?

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

major snippage

Will they now be willing to rush into a relationship or will they both still be a little gun shy and want to take it slow as to not jeopardize their deep and abiding friendship?

Only time will tell...and I'll be there to watch...whatever happens.
                            Sam had better get her behind in gear or she'll find that she waited so long for her ship to come in her pier collapsed!

sigpic
                            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              Thank you Dipsofjazz,

- Best shippy moment
                              - Best shippy quote
                              - Best shippy kiss
                              - Best shippy moment without being shippy....

Does it have to be mini?
                              yep love the idea too !!! we should do that soon ! I have the impression we all have to be reassured and have fun with our favorite couple !!!

by the way, great post Uber, great sum up of the situation !

just watched shades of grey, I think he could have apologised for what he said to her...but he only talks to Daniel...too bad

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                                Joe, I have a question......

Can you promise all us Sam & Jack shippers that you won't break our hearts when the show returns this summer? We can accept RDA leaving, but there's so much concern on the threads about whether the integrity of the Ship will be maintained as we've seen it built up over the last two seasons.

So, can you promise us you won't break our hearts?

That's all I want to know! All the other changes, I can accept.
                                SG-1fanintn, I love your post/question to Joe, it's so heartfull I really hope that he answers.

Carolina

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                                X