Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charmed Cancelled? (From Eonline, Kristin)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed Cancelled? (From Eonline, Kristin)

From seba_88:
    I heard that there are no new episodes of Charmed in March. Does that mean they're canceling it?
    After Billy Zane begins his guest appearance arc on Charmed, they'll return to reruns for several weeks, before coming back on Apr. 10 for their 150th episode (with Julian McMahon). And from what I'm hearing, they're leaning toward pulling the plug for good after that big (swoon) bang.

Could this mean the show is finally over?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I hope so (as a person who pretty much despites this show) but for its fans: that kinda sucks.
    Last edited by FieryHands; 07 February 2005, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I hadn't heard anything along the lines of it being cancelled, but even as a one-time fan of the show, I find it to be getting cheesier by the episode. Maybe its run IS over.
      Last edited by Ancient 1; 07 February 2005, 11:58 PM.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Really?? Interesting .... they should do a new spinoff with the sons chris and wyatt. .. using the same actors who were shown in the future

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

Charmed is still ON?? i honestly thought it had ended atleast 2 or 3 years ago...

well ya learn something new everyday

Comment

Again, I'd be sorry for its fans in losing a show they love.

But to be honest I have never understood the attraction of this show. The acting and plots have always seemed appallingly dismal to me. I was just saying to my husband the other day that I couldn't believe it had gone to as many seasons as it had, after spotting an ad for it on cable and realising for the first time that it had apparently made it beyond it's first season!

Guess different strokes for different folks really applies, huh?

I remain baffled, but sympathise if you're a fan.

Albion
            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

But to be honest I have never understood the attraction of this show. The acting and plots have always seemed appallingly dismal to me. I was just saying to my husband the other day that I couldn't believe it had gone to as many seasons as it had, after spotting an ad for it on cable and realising for the first time that it had apparently made it beyond it's first season!

ditto... seems lots of shows are gettin cancelled this year (see sig )

Comment

Originally posted by Albion

Albion
                To be completely honest, I only watch it for the "eye candy' that the sisters provide. Does that make me bad?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Finally! I must say that this is long overdue The first few seasons weren't that bad, but I haven't really watched it for years. Just whenever there's nothing else on I might turn on an episode.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

To be completely honest, I only watch it for the "eye candy' that the sisters provide. Does that make me bad?
                    ROTFL. Least you're honest, Ancient1.

Actually, given how I personally feel about the quality of the show, I have to imagine quite a lot of viewers are doing likewise, for it to have reached so many seasons. But that's just me.

I did know someone who was a huge Power Rangers fan and of Bruce Lee movies who loved Charmed for the 'fight scenes' - said the co-ordination and choreography were superb. Can't say I ever saw it myself, but....in the eye of the beholder and all that jazz, I guess.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Why do people watch Charmed? Three attractive young women in skimpy clothing - duh!
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I also join the ranks of those that are glad to see the back of this dismal show
                        even eye candy cant compensate for terrible acting, terrible plots, terrible characters, terrible special effects (lol) and an amount of cheese to keep mice the world over happy for eternity

good ridance! but despite that i also sympathise with fans of the show as theres nothing worse than something you like to watch being killed off (sob, ENT. sob)

Comment

As a one-time fan of the show, I gotta say it's a bit overdue. It's been in such downward spiral of cheesiness and over the top camp with nothing to balance it out. I think when the turned Phoebe into a mermaid was the final straw for me.
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                          Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Daniel: Oh! You see?
                          Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I rather have Charmed then yet another reality show

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              I rather have Charmed then yet another reality show
                              So very true...
                              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                              Daniel: Oh! You see?
                              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                              X