Skyfall - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skyfall - News/Discussion/Speculation

Just done a search and suprised to see there isnt a thread for this, so thought Id make one for discussion of the 23rd Bond movie, Skyfall.
    Also coincides with Bonds 50th Anniversary!

And a new TV spot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=YFNv5nDYMsU

Plot details
    M becomes the subject of a government review when MI6's active case roster is leaked, compromising the identities of every single undercover operative the agency has placed in terrorist networks around the world. When the agency itself is attacked, it falls to James Bond to seek out and eliminate the threat regardless of the cost to himself — but as he follows a trail from Istanbul to the South China Sea, Bond soon finds his loyalty to M challenged over secrets from her past.

Im interested to see this as I enjoy the Bond series and quite like Daniel Craig as 007 (tied with Pierce Brosnan).

And incase anyone missed it last night, Bonds appearance at the Olympic Opening Ceremony.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5abat5NEU

im pissed at who is playing Q

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

I'm not too concerned that Q is young, as it strangely makes a bit of sense having a young actor who can grow into the role over time, just as Desmond Llewelyn did, having played Q for over 35 years. A younger actor could potentially play the role for just as long, while having a more believable understanding of modern day technology.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        I'm not too concerned that Q is young, as it strangely makes a bit of sense having a young actor who can grow into the role over time, just as Desmond Llewelyn did, having played Q for over 35 years. A younger actor could potentially play the role for just as long, while having a more believable understanding of modern day technology.
        Not to mention that Q is merely a code name for Quarter-master. In terms of the what that means for character and person it doesn't matter that he is completely different.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm still not sure about the name. I know it's started to grow on people, but I'll just remember that moment when I heard what they were calling it.

"Skyfall? Who's the villain, Chicken Little?!"
          If there is hope... it lies in the proles.

Comment

Until that post, I've never heard anyone complain about the title.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

im looking forward to this movie.

Comment

The title is probably one of the best Bond titles yet, up there as my favourite title.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think its a great title and Im looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Until that post, I've never heard anyone complain about the title.
                    seriously.
                    great name.

Comment

Maybe it was just me and a few of my mates. Like I say, it's grown on them, but I'm still not sure about it. I can't really explain it: when I say it, it doesn't trip off the tongue like I feel it should.

I dunno - I just think they could've come up with something better. Perhaps I'm thinking about it too much; I've said it to myself about twenty times since I started writing this post.
                      If there is hope... it lies in the proles.

Comment

It looks okay, some of the scenes look different to past James bond films much more than the previous two.

Skyfall is not the most original title ever and would not be in my top ten James bond Films titles but it adequate I suppose, after 20+ films you are going to have a few boring names.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                          im pissed at who is playing Q

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1074638/
                          Having seen the second trailer, I can tell you there's nothing to worry about in that department. He has been written and played wonderfully from a single snippit.

They even play up to some of the pre-viewing criticism. Upon seeing his new quarter-master, that old line makes a return...

"You must be joking."

Comment

Not a big Daniel Craig fan. I'll wait till they get another Bond
                            no means no, and so does pepper spray
                            Sig by The Carpenter
                            sigpic

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two Craig as Bond films. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in this one.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X