Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fantasy world dualing thread(Possible spoiler warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fantasy world dualing thread(Possible spoiler warning)

Crap, did not see I forgot the "O" in that^ oops. How do I fix that?<Thank you whoever fixed that.

Greetings, this thread is more battle between various fantasy entities throughout the wide variety of colorful worlds and realms. It is for the debate of battles between wizards and dark lords, dragons and warriors, elves VS Dwarves(Or Dwarrows if you prefer) or the undead Nazgul VS the Death eaters, or anything else you want to try out. My first topic of discussion is this>

The Dark Lord Sauron with his Ring of power VS Lord Voldemort fully regenerated.

Overview: Sauron(Mairon the Admirable.)

Type: A very powerful Maiar spirit.

History: An ancient being who was second in command to the original Dark lord Melkor(Morgoth)who took up the mantel of Dark lord after the defeat and banishment of his master. He influenced the forging of the great rings of power in an evil mastermind plot to subvert the major free powers of the world without a fight. He forged the one ring in Mount doom (Orodruin or Amon Amarth) this ring was the most powerful as he had put much of his own might into increasing the rings potential, and the one ring influenced all the other rings of power, with his master ring he almost brought Middle earth completely under his shadow until a great host of Men and Elves fought against him, and through sheer dumb luck Isildur managed to slice the ring off Saurons hand with Narsil, causing his essence to temporarily disperse. His spirit later recollected as he prepared a massive army to cover all the lands in a second darkness.

Powers: One Ring, Mace, and sword, all the Powers of a great Maiar.

Other: An evil will that is beyond powerful.

Overview Lord Voldemort.(He who shall not be named, Tom Marvolo riddle)

Type: A human wizard descended from Salizar Slitheran.

History: Lord Voldemort has a rather tragic family history, he himself is half muggle on his fathers side. His mother used witchcraft to seduce him. Tom Marvolo Riddle was born and raised in a Muggle orphanage, but eventually attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (1938-1945) and was sorted into Slytherin house. Tom Riddle was thought to be one of the most talented pupils to attend Hogwarts. To the school at large he appeared to be an exceedingly handsome and polite child. In reality, however, Riddle was cruel, arrogant, sadistic, manipulative, sociopathic and megalomaniacal. Having achieved outstanding grades in every examination he took, Riddle left Hogwarts and went on to a brief employment at Borgin and Burkes, before disappearing from public view completely.

Having embraced the Dark Arts he encountered in his travels, the former Tom Riddle, now known exclusively as Lord Voldemort, raised an enormous army comprised of followers he recruited both at school and afterwards, as well as many dark creatures. This army, known as the Death Eaters, began a campaign of terror and violence never before seen in Britain. After hearing half of a prophecy referring to a single being with the power to destroy him, Voldemort set off to kill Harry Potter, to whom he believed the prophecy referred. After murdering Harry's parents, Lily and James, Voldemort turned his wand upon the boy, but due to Lily Potter's loving sacrifice, Voldemort's curse backfied on him and his body was destroyed. Stripped of his physical form, Voldemort fled to a far-flung forest in Albania, to await the day when he could regain a body and return to power. After thirteen years of waiting that day would finally arrive, and with the use of Potter’s own blood, the Dark Lord rose again.

Powers: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/To...ies_and_skills

Other: ?

Both he and Sauron instill great fear in their opponents, and are utterly without mercy or compassion. Both commanded powerful and huge armies. Sauron had at his disposal around 30,000 Orc warriors and an estimated 10,000 Haradrim and men of Rhun along with the mighty Mumakil.( Based on "some thousands more come every day" that happening for about a year.) he also had 8 Nazgul and the witch king of Angmar whom no man can kill. If Gandalf had not slain it he would have also had a Balrog. Many mountain trolls also served him and were often armored. Lord Voldemort had hundreds if not thousands of dark wizards and legions of giant spiders, Werewolves, Vampires and an army of Giants. I would love to see this fight on Deadliest warrior.

So, who has some thoughts? We can go with a 1 on 1 or two opposing armies.
    Last edited by Gormagon; 15 July 2012, 03:27 PM.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Sauron is an ancient spirit being of incredible power and with the one ring he was nearly unstoppable so I'd put my money on him rather than the guy who keeps loosing to a teenager (ok, I haven't read the books so I don't know the details of how he was thwarted).

The thing with magic however is that you can justify just about any outcome you want if you put in enough qualifiers and such. After all we don't know what effect Harry Potter style magic would have had on a being like Sauron and it wasn't really shown in the movies what Sauron could do (it's been a long time since I read LotR and I never finished reading the Silmarillion). So if you want Voldemort to win you can say "Voldemort would use spell X which would take down Sauron" or you could say "Sauron is a higher being who wouldn't be affected by a mere mortals spells).

Comment

True, it is difficult to gauge the effect of Voldemorts magic on Sauron, well I can almost certainly see Voldemort being splatted by Saurons mace. I also do not see Avada kedavra (the killing curse)killing Sauron in one hit, but I would believe it powerful enough to hurt him at least. I like that term, "mere mortals spells", some would argue that Gandalf would have been able to hurt Sauron at least, but Gandalf is an Istari, a specially chosen Maiar spirit, not a human. (Kinda weird to think that Sauron and Gandalf are the same race or class of being, as are the Balrogs.)

However, with wielding Narsil which was a blade of special magnificence Isildur did manage to cut Saurons "flesh", so this shows if equipped with the right gear mortals could hurt Sauron at least, although Isildur did not kill him. Frankly I think Sauron had a blond moment(Even though he had black hair.) reaching out to Isildur with his ring hand.

So, would Voldemorts magic be able to hold off Sauron from getting into killing range with his mace or sword or even just his hands which would be immensely strong?(And extremely hot, Gil-Galad was said to be burned by the heat of Saurons body.) Possibly Voldemort could erect a shield around himself and stay safe for a little while, but Saurons power is great, and his will stronger then any mans. I do believe the Dark Lord Sauron would achieve victory.

But, what about their armies?
      Last edited by Gormagon; 15 July 2012, 05:18 PM.

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Another interesting fight would be Albus Dumbledore VS Gandalf the White.

Also, the 9 ring wraiths VS a group of Dementors. Which would win? Which do you find more scary? And why?

The Nazgul would usually just kill you, but if they stab you with a Morgul blade on which a dark curse is present, they could turn you into a minor wraith who would be slave to their will. On the other hand, a dementor can suck out your hopes and dreams, eventually your soul.

Comment

Working...
        X