Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012) SPOILERS

Well, I finally say this movie last night and enjoyed it. I thought the movie had a good blend of historical fact with fiction. I was wondering if any o fyou have seen it and what you thought?
    sigpic

I'm tempted, purely for the ridiculous supernatural nature of the film.

Depends how 'Yay America' it is...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
      I'm tempted, purely for the ridiculous supernatural nature of the film.

Depends how 'Yay America' it is...
      Well, it really wasn't "yay America" at all. It focused on the life of Lincoln as a vampire hunter. There are scenes from the civil war, but that's about it.
      sigpic

Comment

The book is in my reading queue, but I"m second-guessing. If I'm going to read a book about Lincoln, I tell myself, shouldn't I read an actual biography?

Comment

I did read an article somewhere that claimed the makers used the Lincoln Memorial staff to ensure the "real" bits were as accurate as possible about Lincoln. But have also heard some of the slightly-too-serious Civil War re-enactment and/or historian types have been spotting anachronisms in those elements (e.g. guns used that are from 5 years later, etc.)

PS. I saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it. 7/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            I did read an article somewhere that claimed the makers used the Lincoln Memorial staff to ensure the "real" bits were as accurate as possible about Lincoln. But have also heard some of the slightly-too-serious Civil War re-enactment and/or historian types have been spotting anachronisms in those elements (e.g. guns used that are from 5 years later, etc.)

PS. I saw it on Saturday and enjoyed it. 7/10.
            I highly doubt that your average viewer is going to be able to tell if firearms made in the same decade are accurate for the time frame of the civil war.

I enjoyed the movie, and my friends that have seen it enjoyed it as well.
            sigpic

Comment

I might check this out once it is OnDemand.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I got bored and went to see it. And I will say its a good One Time See Popcorn movie.
                Just turn off your brain and go with it goodness. Don't try to evaluate it just have fun with it.

But I will say it could have had a bit more humor in it.
                I like Sharky
                sigpic

Comment

I'll probably go to see it out of morbid curiosity.
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Meh...no turning off the brain is required.
                    sigpic

Comment

My friend let me borrow the movie and I really liked it !LOL! Enough so, that I wated it like five or six times in a couple of days !LOL!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                        My friend let me borrow the movie and I really liked it !LOL! Enough so, that I wated it like five or six times in a couple of days !LOL!
                        I own the movie as well...and watch it almost every time its on HBO
                        sigpic

Comment

It was actually better than I thought it would have been !LMAO! Sadly I had to give it back to my friend !LMAO!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                            The book is in my reading queue, but I"m second-guessing. If I'm going to read a book about Lincoln, I tell myself, shouldn't I read an actual biography?
                            You need to read it! I love the way fact and fiction are intertwined. Movie and book are a bit different, but I enjoyed both.

Comment

Working...
                            X