This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridges, Gossett, Jr., & Pileggi All cast in SG-1 & Atlantis

So says SG1-Solutions. If true I'm personally hoping it's Gossett. While I would like DSD to return, I'm a bit intrigued by this news even though it represents yet another BIG change. What say you?

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip....php?p=199&c=1

Gossett and Keach front-runners as Stargate’s new general [News] -

A Solutions source has revealed that two actors have emerged as front-runners for the role of Stargate SG-1’s new commanding general: Oscar and Emmy award winner Louis Gossett Jr. and Golden Globe winner Stacy Keach. Stargate Command’s new general will succeed Don S. Davis as Major General George Hammond and Richard Dean Anderson as Brigadier General Jack O'Neill.

It´s really funny. They have not enough money to film some off world scenes in the canadian woods but for cult stars and expensive big name actors there is still money enough.

To be honest: I DON`T CARE! Stargate SG 1 is for me: Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal´c!
    Not a couple of big names...
    The only actor beside RDA I had liked in the role of the general would have been Don S. Davis!
    Last edited by Hathor999; 01 January 2005, 03:25 PM.

Comment

In other words, spending money to clutter the cast with big names is more important than devoting those same funds to... oh, I don't know... creating bigger storylines or adding to the FX? Or, hey. maybe hiring some NEW AND ORIGINAL WRITERS???

But Gosset or Keach... that sounds so ridiculous. I'd be inclined to think it's misdirection.

Of course, I said the same thing about Browder joining.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        In other words, spending money to clutter the cast with big names is more important than devoting those same funds to... oh, I don't know... creating bigger storylines or adding to the FX? Or, hey. maybe hiring some NEW AND ORIGINAL WRITERS???

But Gosset or Keach... that sounds so ridiculous. I'd be inclined to think it's misdirection.

Of course, I said the same thing about Browder joining.
        Yeah! Hiring new writers would be the best thing they could do. But the writers are the producers...and so Stargate will never have new writers...

Comment

Thanks for the info I will comment on it when the info is confirmed by TPTB
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I think Keach would be good as the new general. Hopefully, he'll bring some new humour into it and let Jack go back to beating the blue blood outta the Goa'uld and anyone else ... heh, does that sound stupid.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Well I'd be more impressed if they announced they had hired Joss Whedon as a writer. Or stolen a couple of the "Lost" writers.

Assuming this information is even accurate - both those guys are decent actors. At least I guess they're still decent actors - haven't seen them in anything in ages.

But this strikes me much more as MGM/Scifi worrying about RDA's departure and deciding they want a familiar name to come on board. More stunt casting than anything else.

Not that either one of them couldn't be very good in the role. I guess I'm still in "wait and see" mode. If this is true it sure does seem like they're retooling the series for more than just another "final season".
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                Yeah! Hiring new writers would be the best thing they could do. But the writers are the producers...and so Stargate will never have new writers...
                Ah, yes--good point. Brad Wright and R. Cooper tend to do a good job, but I think they're working more with Atlantis these days.
                If any of this stunt casting would come off, I'd vote for Lou Gossett.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Zing!

Comment

I have a tough time understanding how either Gossett or Keach would cost less than Don Davis (going from Davis's own remark that the price wasn't right). I'd rather see Don Davis back. But barring that, I'd rather see Louis Gossett as the commander. Stacy Keach has never held any particular appeal for me, and Gossett can throw some weight around when he wants to, while also coming across as sophisticated in a diplomatic situation.

Hey, wasn't Louis Gossett in The Powers of Matthew Star?

I'm trying to picture the Keach-as-Goa'uld idea, but the mustache is making me crack up.

Later,
                    Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by Kes

But this strikes me much more as MGM/Scifi worrying about RDA's departure and deciding they want a familiar name to come on board. More stunt casting than anything else.
                      I doubt it that MGM/Scifi is worrying about RDA´s departure. I´m not even sure anymore that they even asked him to do some season 9 episodes (as much I know said RDA in the last issue of the official Stargate Magazin that nobody had asked him about season 9!).

I suppose this all has something to do with Sony buying MGM. I think that the Sony bosses believe that if they change as much actors as possible against "big names" it will make the show even more popular as it is now.
                      Maybe it will even work...But not for me...

Comment

I noticed this morning that DirectTV dropped Trio ostensibly because NBC was rethinking it's strategy. Perhaps there's some pressure for "repositioning" coming from NBC. If that's the case, I sincerely hope this won't be another one of those clueless-committees-of-executives-interfere fiascos...

Later,
                        Graculus

Comment

Originally posted by Hathor999
                          I doubt it that MGM/Scifi is worrying about RDA´s departure. I´m not even sure anymore that they even asked him to do some season 9 episodes (as much I know said RDA in the last issue of the official Stargate Magazin that nobody had asked him about season 9!).
                          I suppose this all has something to do with Sony buying MGM. I think that the Sony bosses believe that if they change as much actors as possible against "big names" it will make the show even more popular as it is now.
                          Maybe it will even work...But not for me...
                          Nobody even talked to him? Amazing.
                          Aargh! Keep corporate executives out of creative decisions. They usually mess it up. Isn't that how the big studios went downhill once upon a time in the 1950s?

Comment

Rick said in the official Magazine he wasn't asked yet, but the interview was in August/September! They were shooting "Reckoning", so now you guys know why RDA wasn't asked at this time... Even GateWorld said that negotiations are under way, so RDA was asked and I'm sure he will be back for at least one or two episodes so the writers get their time to write him out of the series.

As for the new General: Let's just see how this works out
                            Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Isn't this Solutions site the same one that said that Michael Greenburg confirmed that RDA would be in four episodes next season? So far, nothing has been decided regarding that, so I have major doubts regarding this.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X