Battleship (2012) ( Spoilers !)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battleship (2012) ( Spoilers !)

I searched for a thread on this, but I couldn't find one.

I really wanted to see this movie, but put it off because of poor reviews. Yesterday, some friends asked me to go, and I was pleasantly pleased that I went. Has anyone else seen this movie? If so, what are your thoughts/opinions on the movie?
    sigpic

I did see it. I loved it. It was a good movie, good effects, etc. Rihanna wasn't as annoying as some claim, so that's not a problem to me.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      I did see it. I loved it. It was a good movie, good effects, etc. Rihanna wasn't as annoying as some claim, so that's not a problem to me.
      Yeah...I was surprised that Rihanna's role was very low-key. She is front and center in the previews...but, as I said, was pretty low-key through out the movie.

I guess my only complaint is that we don't really know why the aliens came to Earth. We sent a message to an Earth-like planet and obviously it was received. However, the reason why these aliens came to Earth was never explained. Their mission seemed to be to contact their home world, but it seems a little pointless to fly light years through space to phone home. I think if we got a little back story on the aliens and their motives...it would take away that complaint.
      sigpic

Comment

It's a while ago but, yeah, I watched that movie. Was a bit annoyed because they killed off Alex Skarsgard but all in all I liked it.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

haven't seen it yet, though i intend to for fun

i think it probably would have been a better movie overall if it had nothing to do with aliens. they should have made it a big booming movie about a naval combat situation.

it should have been battleships and destroyers fighting other battleships and destroyers.

do that, and I guarantee almost right away 50% more people buy into the movie.
          because right now i bet a majority are sitting at home looking at these previews saying - another alien movie? really? and we're going to fight them with a battleship? c'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyndara71 View Post
            It's a while ago but, yeah, I watched that movie. Was a bit annoyed because they killed off Alex Skarsgard but all in all I liked it.
            Yeah...I didn't like it when they killed him off, but still thought it was a good movie.
            sigpic

Comment

How on Earth the managed to persuade a respectable actor like Liam Neeson to participate in a load of tripe like Battleship is beyond me, unless he was seriously strapped for cash.
              My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                How on Earth the managed to persuade a respectable actor like Liam Neeson to participate in a load of tripe like Battleship is beyond me, unless he was seriously strapped for cash.
                That's a bit harsh. Why do you think it was a "load of tripe." I saw it with 3 of my friends with a recommendation from other friends...all of which enjoyed the film.
                sigpic

Comment

It may be a bit harsh, but I didn't like much about it. Bad story and (mostly) bad acting.

Comment

The movie is ok if you're ready to just accept the premise and enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                      The movie is ok if you're ready to just accept the premise and enjoy it for what it is.
                      I think too many people have forgotten how to enjoy a movie. They'd rather pick it a part instead of enjoying it for what it is.
                      sigpic

Comment

It took me quite a bit of effort to stop picking movies apart. i just shut my brain down during a movie, because otherwise i will never be able to enjoy a movie again (Damn you, TVtropes).

The Alien's mission seems pretty clear: Exploration. Testing if such a long trip was feasible, checking for habitability, native life, potential colonization.

It's why they were so adamant to "ET phone home". If they would not respond, their investment would have failed utterly, and they would need to send a new mission to again check it out etc etc etc. It's possible they were looking for a habitable planet but couldn't find one until Earth phoned them.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          I think too many people have forgotten how to enjoy a movie. They'd rather pick it a part instead of enjoying it for what it is.
                          I can enjoy a bad movie, but Battleship was just too bad for me to be able to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                            I can enjoy a bad movie, but Battleship was just too bad for me to be able to enjoy.
                            We'll just have to agree to disagree...especially since it wasn't a bad movie.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              We'll just have to agree to disagree...especially since it wasn't a bad movie.
                              It's all subjective, really, isn't it? You liked it, I didn't. There's no objective way to describe the "goodness" of a movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X