Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Adria able to heal herself after being poisoned by Ba'al's symbiote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wasn't Adria able to heal herself after being poisoned by Ba'al's symbiote?

In the episode "Dominion," why wasn't Adria the Orici able to heal the damage inflicted on her body by the poison from Ba'al's symbiote, and purge herself of the poison? Are pre-ascended beings only able to heal other people's injuries and not their own?

I suspect healing an injury is a lot easier than healing poison, especially a lethal one at that.

Comment

As shown in previous episodes healing takes a great deal of energy from the person doing the healing. See episodes like Frozen or Lost City. Energy Adria didn't have to spare
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

We've never seen someone heal themselves, except Ariyana and tissue damage. She couldn't beat the disease.

Comment

I am guessing that such a powerful toxin as symbiote poison (Most toxins do not work that quickly even in a normal human, often taking hours, so symbiote poison is quite powerful.)was beyond her enhanced immune systems ability to "expel" from her body. Another point, the amount released into her may have also been an issue. She may have been holding it at bay, defeating it bit by bit but there was too much.

Also, the writers may have messed up again. She was the Orici after all.....
          sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran Prior View Post
            In the episode "Dominion," why wasn't Adria the Orici able to heal the damage inflicted on her body by the poison from Ba'al's symbiote, and purge herself of the poison? Are pre-ascended beings only able to heal other people's injuries and not their own?
            She didn't want to heal. She needed all her energy to ascend, which was what she wanted to do instead.

Comment

^Another good line of thought
              sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Highly advanced Humans/Ancients don't really get the option to pick which ability they get to have. O'Neill and Ayiana got healing, Khalek and McKay got telekinesis while Jonas (which may not count) got precognition.

It seemed to me that Adria got telekinesis, but at the same time Ayiana is a good example of healers only being able to cure others, which would explain why she was still infected and why Adria still wouldn't be able to heal herself anyway.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Highly advanced Humans/Ancients don't really get the option to pick which ability they get to have. O'Neill and Ayiana got healing, Khalek and McKay got telekinesis while Jonas (which may not count) got precognition.

It seemed to me that Adria got telekinesis, but at the same time Ayiana is a good example of healers only being able to cure others, which would explain why she was still infected and why Adria still wouldn't be able to heal herself anyway.
                  Adria also brought a Jaffa that she killed back to life (but promptly killed him again). Would that be concerned "healing powers"? She could also "read" minds if she wanted to. She also healed most of Vala's discomfort from giving birth and was in the process of healing Vala's wound from a staff blast when Daniel zatted her (when she was still a child). She could also disguise herself as another person. She had more than one ability. We just didn't see all of them.

I'd say that the ascended folk could all do various things that would be considered "miracles".

p.s. McKay got healing abilities, too, as well as reading minds.

p.s.s. One of the Ori priors brought Vala back to life after she'd been burned to death, so I'm sure Adria is capable of that given she's the Orici.
                  Last edited by hedwig; 26 May 2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Who said she killed the jaffa.. From the way she 'talked' it seemed like all she did was knock them out.

BUT i do agree who knows if she had healing powers that could work on herself.

Comment

Working...
                    X