Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snow White and the Huntsman.News/Discussion/Speculation/Appreciation.(SPOILERS!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow White and the Huntsman.News/Discussion/Speculation/Appreciation.(SPOILERS!)

Coming soon to a theater near you,depending on international release dates.UK release May 30,USA June 1.
    Other countries : see list via the wiki link,but bear in mind that these are sourced by wikipedia or IMDb and subject to edits/verifications...

Wiki article : LINK

IMDb : LINK

Originally posted by IMDb
    Snow White is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen. Unable to tolerate the insult to her vanity, the evil queen decides that Snow White must die. The queen sends a huntsman to kill Snow White. However the huntsman finds himself unable to murder the innocent young woman, and instead ends up training her to become a warrior capable of threatening the queen's reign.
    Extended Trailer :

Theme music video by Florence + The Machine : LINK

I'm looking forward to the movie.Can't hurt to have a little glossy escapism,imo.OUAT and Grimm are popular,and Disney have released "Mirror,Mirror" .
    This is a theoretically a darker take on the Fairy Tale.

Theron seems very convincing so far as the Big Bad,Kristen Stewart gets a chance to perform in a more action -based role than in Twilight,and the effects look fine and dandy.

Story's old,obviously ,but it's still going to be interesting to see if this is a compelling adaptation,or just a fun romp with plenty spectacle.

What do you all think?

(If you think the whole premise sucks at any point before or after release,or you can't think of anything at all to express as a positive crit, then that's fine,but keep the vulgarities and snark down for the benefit of those who like the movie and Actors involved.)
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

the huntsman is Thor and James T. Kirks dad
    Spoiler:
    AWESOME!
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread, Baggie.

I love the look of this film. It's definitely on my "must see" list. I've never been a fan of the Snow White story as told by Disney compared to the Grimm tale.

Rupert Sanders looks to have done an excellent job of direction on this, and the effects look fantastic. Kirsten Stewart looks good and appears to be breaking loose of her "Twilight" chains, and Charlize Theron is, IMO, the perfect wicked queen.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. They have great cast, interesting spin on the story and the effects look amazing.

Can't wait
        sigpic

Comment

Looks cool, I'll probably see it.

Is it bad if I only want to see it for Chris Hemsworth?
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Looks cool, I'll probably see it.

Is it bad if I only want to see it for Chris Hemsworth?
            Not at all. What attracted me at first was the song by Florence and the Machine, then I realised Charlize Theron was in it and that's enough to get me interested.
            *drools*
            sigpic

Comment

I have to admit, I am a Twilight fan, though not completely obsessed like some people (just general obsessed Twilight fans in general, nobody specific). After seeing Twilight, I watched some other movies Kristen Stewart did, and I have to say, she's a good actress.

The first thing that attracted my attention to the movie, was Kristen Stewart. Though, at first, I wasn't a big fan of Snow White, seeing that they've done the story countless times. However, after seeing the previews and reading up on the plot, I must admit, it looks like a good movie. Plus, it's an action movie, which is what's catching my attention at the moment.

So, I do want to see it. Just don't know when I will.
              sigpic

Comment

we'll be there. looking forward to it.

Comment

I think it looks cool, I want to see it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                    Not at all. What attracted me at first was the song by Florence and the Machine, then I realised Charlize Theron was in it and that's enough to get me interested.
                    *drools*
                    Okay, good. The trailer looked really good.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watched the movie this last Monday and I thought it was done very well. Good spin on the children's fairytale and making it more real and more adult. At first I wasn't sure how Kristen Stewart would be, considering that she's mainly known for Twilight, though I have to admit, she did very well.
                      sigpic

Comment

Saw it yesterday. It was alright.

Chris Hemsworth was very enjoyable to watch.
                        sigpic

Comment

Saw it at the weekend - definitely better than I was expecting. Some of it, especially the post-magic effects on the Queen were pretty dark for a "kids" film. Not Disney. And some heavyweights amongst the dwarves, so to speak. Worked well, for me.

Comment

I thought it was ok. Worth a loot but not much better than that.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hoping to see it this week.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X