X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sci-Fi Fix Needed

I miss all the Stargates.
    I miss Startrek Enterprise

Is that any "GOOD" Sci-Fi coming up on the horizon ?

Thank god at least I have netflix and what mostly all the episodes at will.

Saving Hope

Starring Michael Shanks and Erica Durance, more sort of a supernatural medical drama than sci-fi but sound good. Starting June 7th.

Defiance

Set in the future after an alien war. Starts Spring 2013.

Comment

...You don't miss all the Star Treks? Just Enterprise?

Comment

Originally posted by HenryR View Post
        I miss all the Stargates.
        I miss Startrek Enterprise

Is that any "GOOD" Sci-Fi coming up on the horizon ?
        Firefly
        Have you seen Star Wars? Remeber Han Solo and his ship, the Millennium Falcon? Imagine that being the jumping off point for a TV show. Firefly is a space western. It bounces back and forth between the old west and outer space. It's the future, and humanity has moved on from Earth to a solar system consisting of dozens of planets. The outer planets represent the old west, the inner planets represent the Alliance. Think of the alliance as an evil version of Star Trek's Federation. As for the main characters, they're basically space pirates on a salvaged cargo ship named Serenity. Some jobs are legal, some illegal. One thing I loved about the show is that the characters were so varied. For example, there's a space prostitute, the ship's Ambassador, oddly enough. The captain likes her, but he hates that she's a companion, as people call her. Then there's the Sheppard, a futuristic Christian-like man who effectively acts as the ship's pastor or priest. Think that's crazy? These are the more down-to-Earth characters. haha The show only lasted 15 episodes. FOX didn't get it, nor did the audience at the time, and thus it was cancelled. No cliffhanger finale, just ending on a regular episode. The loose ends were tied up in a big screen movie, Serenity (same title as the first episode).

Jericho
        The show is about this quaint little town: Jericho, Kansas. Denvor, Colorado goes up in a nuclear mushroom cloud one day. The show is about what happens to this town after the mysterious explosion. One full length season, one short season (seven episodes). Though there are loose ends, the fate of the town and the larger story are resolved.

Roswell
        This is a teen drama, but it deals with three teenagers who were actually the survivors of the 1947 Roswell UFO incident. The show is mostly a drama, but there was enough science-fiction to keep me drawn in.

Sanctuary
        Have you tried watching this? Amanda Tapping plays "Helen Magnus," an ageless woman who runs a Sanctuary for abnormals. Abnormals are bizarre individuals or species that exist outside of natural development. The Sanctuary serves to protect abnormals or imprison them if they endanger society.

Star Trek
        Have you tried watching the other shows? There's the original, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager. Did you see the movies?

Surface
        This show is about a marine biologist discovering a new species of marine vertebrate. There's three central characters who start off separately, plus a government conspiracy, or so it seems. It all ties together in the season finale with most of the loose ends resolved. A huge can of worms is opened in the cliffhanger season finale! Then the show wasn't picked up for a second season. The show only lasted 15 episodes. Though the cliffhanger never got resolved, the show is worth seeing. The finale is less, "To Be Continued..." and more in the realm of, "Whoa... everything just changed in a permanent way. Well... what happens now?"

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
        Have you seen the Terminator movies? This came out before Salvation. It ignored Rise of the Machines in favor of picking up where Judgement Day left off, pursuing the aftermath of the film. A TV show picking up where T3:RotM left off would have been far too expensive, and more importantly, without Sarah Connor whom the producers wanted to revolve their show around. Like SGU and Surface, it ended on a cliffhanger. You can ponder what the third season might have been about, or you can look at it as a series finale of sorts, coming full circle. It wasn't intended that way, but a lot of people choose to see it that way.

Comment

Working...
        X