Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minority Report - How Cruise-ish?

G'day,

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise... and since around MI:1 or so, simply can't stand his work...

But Minority Report looks quite interesting... I contemplated watching it when it was released... and numerous times since... Then last night saw an episode of Prophecys of SciFi, and it was all about Philip K Dick, and had a lil bit of Minority... so again I thought about watching it...

But I can't stand Tom Cruise...

So - just how Tom Cruisy is Tom Cruise in this movie? Does he actually act in it, as he used to do, back in movies like Rain Man, or is it all just... Tom Cruise...?

Thanks

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

It's been so long since I saw it, but I seem to remember it being rather Cruise-ish. Read the novella, it's good!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
      It's been so long since I saw it, but I seem to remember it being rather Cruise-ish. Read the novella, it's good!
      Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
      As much as I should read a lot of scifi/fantasy (given that I like to try write it), I don't...
      You know what, I think I will! There's a good reason to try break my non-reading habit! Hadn't even considered it.
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      and lots more!

Comment

I also loathe Tom Cruise, but I didn't mind it.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It's definitely Tom Cruise'ish. Not much acting but but has it's moments, but a lot of the time it's an excuse for him to be jumping about at dangerous speeds,

sigpic

Comment

Cruise may not be my favorite actor but I don't mind him. The movie is just an ok action movie.

Comment

I saw it as a kid its not a bad film. I have watched it a couple of times. Decent film.
              sigpic

Favorite quote:
              McKay: You shot me!
              Sheppard: Yes, Rodney, I shot you, and I said I was sorry.
              Ronon: You shot me, too.
              Sheppard: I’m sorry for shooting everyone!

Comment

Tom Cruise's best role is as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                  Tom Cruise's best role is as Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder
                  Love that movie.
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't get the Tom Cruise hate. Yeah, the man's kind'a crazy in real life, but as an actor... I think he's pretty talented. What do ya'll mean by too Cruise-ish?

Comment

i really liked 'minority report' and tom in the movie!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        I don't get the Tom Cruise hate. Yeah, the man's kind'a crazy in real life, but as an actor... I think he's pretty talented. What do ya'll mean by too Cruise-ish?
                        I think Tom's earlier work was pretty good, but I feel that as he's star has risen, so has his ego, and he can't hide it in a lot of his movies over the past 15 years or so.

Take Johnny Depp, for example - in my opinion, one of the best actors of all time. 99% of the time, when I am watching Depp, I forget I am watching Depp, and rather, I am watching his character. Cruise doesn't do that for me.
                        and lots more!

Comment

Agree, as far as Cruise goes. He just seems to carry this smug "look at me, I'm Tom Cruise" attitude around whether he's acting or not. I can't really ever take him seriously.

Incidentally, I think Johnny Depp is massively overrated. He does interesting roles from time to time, but at this point I pretty much just roll my eyes and think to myself "great, another Depp/Burton/Carter threesome. I'm sure I've never seen this movie before."
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I liked Minority Report, I found it interesting, and thought it was a good action movie.

My thing with Tom Cruise, is that he became too overexposed(as in, at one point he was all over the place, acting kinda weird, doing interviews, and not just about his movies, but about his personal life and what not), that I ended up seeing Tom Cruise the actor, and not the character he was playing in whatever movie he was in.
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought Minority Report was a very good film. Tom Cruise can be really good at times.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X