Tron: Uprising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tron: Uprising

For the uninitiated, this is to be an animated Tron series (starting this June, apparently) that bridges the gap between the original Tron movie and Tron Legacy; showing the downfall of the user-culture and the rise of Clu. So far, known voice actors to appear in the show include Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Lance Henriksen, Paul Reubens and Bruce Boxleitner.

So there's not a lot of info out there on this one, but it looks like there's finally a trailer:

I'm not really wowed by the trailer, but since I am interested in the story (Tron Legacy was awesome) and impressed by the VA cast, I may just check this one out.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I think its funny that the old Master control has less computing power then my phone.
    sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
      I think its funny that the old Master control has less computing power then my phone.
      I'm certain the old MCP has less computing power than my microwave.

--

I'm not wowed by the animation style, but it's got Bruce Boxleitner so I'm sold. It does have an impressive voice cast but it's not Tron without Bruce Boxleitner.

sigpic

Comment

although I'm not fond of animated series ( hello, clone wars ) I'm still gonna try this out because Tron Legacy is my favorite movie from 2010.... and under my special top 20s forever !
        sigpic

Comment

I was wondering where this disappeared to, It seems there has been no info on these since its announcement. I'm interested in it storywise. I'm curious to see Tron's story the most.

Comment

Second trailer has been released now. I'm more impressed this time than I was with the first one.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

this looks amazing cannot wait for this
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 April 2012, 05:53 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

On which June starts this show ? I can't wait ...
                sigpic

Comment

June 7!

Comment

Thanks !
                    sigpic

Comment

The Pilot is for now avaiable for free on the US Itunes and I saw it on youtube as well ! gonna watch it this weekend sometime...
                      sigpic

Comment

It was quite good, IMHO. For a 'Disney cartoon' it definitely didn't shy away from violence.

quick YT search:
                        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the first episode too. Definitely a more serious toon. I'll keep watching!
                          sigpic

Comment

Four episodes in and I am really enjoying it.

It's really got me puzzled as to the real identity of Tron. Have they retconned Legacy by allowing Tron to escape his defeat by Clu, only to train Beck before his re-purposing into Rinzler, or is this some plan being carried out by Flynn. Looking forward to finding out.

Also can't wait for this: http://tv.yahoo.com/news/kecks-exclu...111000463.html

Great to see they'll include some movie characters. As the series creators are developing a new Tron movie, part of me is interested in having Beck make some sort of appearance.

sigpic

Comment

Ooh that's neat. I didn't know she was going to appear.

I've been wondering about Tron vs. Beck being "Tron" in Legacy since the show started too. Should be interesting to find out--the show has been great so far.

I still need to see this week's episode though. Should get on that

Comment

Working...
                              X