The "Predator" Film Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Predator" Film Saga

Prometheus, the prequel to Alien, is coming out this summer. I started a thread on the Alien films, so why not Predator as well? I really liked Predators, but what's up with that ending? How can it just end with the characters still stranded on the alien planet? I sincerely hope that if there is ever another film, it resolves this plot point. It's the first Predator film to end with a cliffhanger. Granted, there was the Pred-alien chest burster at the end of AVP, but that was more of a tease than a unresolved story. Of the five films, I think Predator 2 and Alien vs. Predator tie as my favorite. Predator 2 because of the urban setting and AVP because it was just fun seeing the Predators go up against the Aliens. I also liked seeing the surviving Predator team up with the woman. That was just unexpected which is why I liked the character twist so much. If a Predator needs a human's help, you know they're all in trouble.

Which was your favorite film? Are there any you outright dislike?

He did one for Predator, too...
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I don't post in dead discussions, especially those from six years ago.

Comment

I loved Predators and can't wait for the second part to the story. I really like the plot line of predators hunting predators.

Comment

That was one thing I really appreciated about the film. It introduced something totally unexpected. Who'd anticipated Predators hunting each other?

Comment

Originally posted by kitkat3ny View Post
            I loved Predators and can't wait for the second part to the story. I really like the plot line of predators hunting predators.
            Has it been confirmed we are getting a sequel? I sure hope that is the case.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There's been no word on a sequel as of yet. I think Kitkat3ny is just being optimistic when referencing the second part to the story. Who's to say the next Predator film will even be a follow up to Predators? So far, not one Predator film has featured characters from previous movies. The only exception is Anna's blink-and-you-miss-it (literally) cameo in Predator 2.

Comment

Shame. I really want a follow up to Predators.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You and me both.

Comment

AvP2 was a great video game though.

Comment

A video game based on the movie, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem?

Comment

no, the AvP games came out a long long time ago.
                        they were the basis for the movies, actually.

Comment

No, they were not. The comic books, the original Alien vs. Predator, were the basis for the movies.

Comment

video games are better than comics

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                              No, they were not. The comic books, the original Alien vs. Predator, were the basis for the movies.
                              Those comics were so great. I have most of them stashed away with my comic book collection.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X