X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Homeworld Thread

Post your Homeworld, Cataclysm and Homeworld 2 experiences here
    sigpic
    Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

Damn I should reinstall Homeworld games again. They were classics. Best use of Adagio For Strings ever.

Comment

I loved this series, but I haven't played it in years (around a decade or so?). I can barely remember the story of Cataclysm and HW2, but I do recall liking HW1's story and presentation best. Loved the music, too.
      If memory serves, when the writers for the gaming mag I used to write for were asked to submit a 'favourite ending', I picked Homeworld (I think the bit about Sjet being the last out?).

I'm still hoping/waiting for a 3rd game (even an 'update' of the graphics would be enough, IMHO).
      sigpic

Comment

I went back and finished Homeworld 1 for the first time last year.

I remember back when I first bought it I got as far as the Garden of Kadesh and got stumped on those levels.

I have clear memories of the exact moment I knew I was in trouble. The swarm ships had overwhelmed much of my fleet but the I was very pleased when the Mothership activated my hyperdrive quickly.

Me: "FINALLY! Hah! That wasn't too hard! So long suckers!"

*Hyperspace Window collapses*

Me:

I think I might have even managed to defeat that level eventually at the cost of most of my fleet but then i reached the Cathedral of Kadesh, which is the same thing but 3 times as numerous.

I think I just said "You've got to be kidding me" or something and gave up for almost a decade.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

just finished the game. the credits and end video are amazing. very emotional
          sigpic
          Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

Comment

So are there any Homeworld lovers out there who also love Babylon 5? Because I have a treat for you!

http://assam.studio-gepard.pl/showfile.php?id=49
            sigpic

Comment

I am thinking of making a Homeworld movie, using Gameranger. if anyone wants to volunteer, just say so!
              sigpic

Comment

why is no-one coming to this thread anymore? for gods sake homeworld fans! respond!
                sigpic

Comment

well...I mean, the game is old. Sure there are mods, but...it's old.

I'm still waiting/hoping for a Homeworld 3, but seeing as Relic seems to be, errr, 'simplifying' games or making more 'action-oriented' games (as seen from the difference between DoW and DoW2), that seems less and less likely (or, perhaps worse...a new Homeworld game may be more 'streamlined' or with a 'wider audience' in mind, even if the HW games weren't that complex to begin with...)
                  until news for a new Homeworld game is released, it's kinda hard to be excited about it (esp. w/ a lot of more current games which are grabbing my attention, like Battlefield 3 or Mass Effect 3).

Also, I no longer have a copy of the HW games...so I'm waiting for them to be released digitally.
                  Vote for it to be released on gog.com.
                  http://www.gog.com/en/wanted/
                  (I think you have to be signed in, tho'. They have a nice selection, anyway, so if you haven't already, register. That and I think you get a free game or two upon getting an account)
                  sigpic

Comment

Soo yeah did anyone else who watched "Battelstar Galactica: The Plan" instantly think back to "Return to Kharak" when the hybrid starting naming each of the colonies that was burning?

I know the original Homeworld was partially inspired by Battlestar Galactica, but I have no idea if there was any similar scene in the original show.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So did anyone else notice the voice of Fleet Intelligence as a Jaffa in that one episode of Stargate Sg-1? I think it was Off The Grid. He was killed when Netan blew up one of Baal's Ha'taks. I thought it was easily the saddest inconsequential character death ever in the franchise.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Had a good time in a multiplayer battle yesterday on the map Death or Glory. I was constantly being probed by the other player who was steadily building up his forces. He saw me building minelayer corvettes and thought I was going to use them in an attack against his resourcers. What he didn't know was that I was making a stronghold on the farside of the map just in case I had no other choice. The minelayers were used to create a wall of mines on three sides. Eventually he noticed my unit build up in that area and sent an attack fleet made of two destroyers, a heavy cruiser and a missile destroyer. He blundered straight into a trap. Sadly he pulled his cap ships back and sent in fighters and corvettes to take out the mines. They were quickly destroyed. The mines did help claim that cruiser but they did eventually run out and in time, i was defeated. Madgrenade later admitted he 'forgot' about my minelayers. XD
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X