Home One
    Tardis
    Dalek Crucible
    sigpic
    Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

The Event Horizon.

Comment

Y-Wing
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Outer Haven - It is a ship on water though
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

The SDF-1

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
            Y-Wing
            Yes, they explode so nicely
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Yes, they explode so nicely
              Oh, I'll show you ya little... anyway, I like Y-Wings. I simply do.

The strange part is that this liking was developed in the Star Wars Holiday Special.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

I guess my....not dislike, maybe ambivalence....toward them came at an early age. I was watching ANH where they were being shot down like fish in a barrel, playing X-Wing where the Y-wing missions were a pain because the thing was so bloody slow, or playing TIE Fighter where they were easy targets

Still, at least they're not the coloured trapezoid cargo containers. Reaaaaaal imaginative, Lucasarts *facepalms*

Spoiler:
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

lets add some more: WhiteStar, Omega class destroyer, Vorlon battleship and the Kushan mothership (Babylon 5 and Homeworld respectively).
                  sigpic
                  Paying Homage to Star Trek... LIKE A BOSS!... Though right now I'd prefer a Night Fury to the Enterprise

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    I guess my....not dislike, maybe ambivalence....toward them came at an early age. I was watching ANH where they were being shot down like fish in a barrel, playing X-Wing where the Y-wing missions were a pain because the thing was so bloody slow, or playing TIE Fighter where they were easy targets

Spoiler:
                    The only time that Y-Wings appear prominently is the cartoon sequence in the Holiday Special. Judging from that and from the movies, I'd still pick the Y-Wing as my ship and a nice R2 unit to go along with it.

The Y-Wings used to be the fighters of the Alliance until the fast X-wings replaced them. And of course the impossible B-Wings.

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post

Prometheus
                      Which one? SG1 or Voyager prototype?

I shall throw in:

SSV Normandy, which is basically sex in ship form.
                      NX-74205 (USS Defiant)
                      The Destiny Ascension, which is pretty damn cool.
                      I <3 X-Wings, so I absolutely must include that.
                      The Excalibur (from B5 spin-off, Crusade)
                      No Millennium Falcon on your initial list? For shame. It can do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, don'tchaknow?
                      Sovereign, of course. Ah yes, "Reapers".
                      If you allow for space-stations I'd include Terok Nor (and its twisted sister, Empok Nor too)
                      And shirley no list of ultimate sci-fi ships would be complete without the Sun Crusher, the ultimate munchkin ship of the SW saga. So powerfully indestructible that it was put inside the middle of a gas giant in the hopes that nobody would be able to get it out and use it.

I'll come back with more ships soon.
                      Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Comment

Ah, but for Star Wars my favorite will always be the A-Wing. Don't know why, just love it.
                        sigpic

Comment

so just a list of any ships we like?

In no order:
                          - Moya, Prowler, Crichton's module and Command Carrier (Farscape)
                          - Emperor-class Battleship and Craftworld Iyanden (Warhammer 40,000)
                          - Imperial Star Destroyer series, Executor, YT-1300 and TIE Interceptor (Star Wars)
                          - Flagship Brunhilde, Barbarossa and Koenigstiger (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)
                          - Silvana (Last Exile)
                          - SDs and SD(P)s (Honorverse)
                          - Ancient Battleship (Stargate series)
                          - Tiger's Claw and Concordia (Wing Commander series)
                          - Homeworld series ships (esp. the Kushan mothership)
                          - Apocalypse battleship and Amarr and Caldari ships, in general (EVE Online)
                          - Lexx (Lexx)
                          - Event Horizon (Event Horizon...aka a ship w/ no shields entering WH40k's Warp )
                          - SeaQuest (SeaQuest DSV)
                          - Sovereign, Terran vessels (Mass Effect series...not really fond of the Normandy SR-1/2)
                          - Sol Bianca (Sol Bianca)
                          - Britannia (Lensman...probably just nostalgia, but I liked it back then)
                          ...pretty sure I've forgotten stuff (do stations count as 'ships'? 'cause I liked Deep Space 9 from STS9, and the Citadel from the ME series, etc.)

re: X-Wing/Tie Fighter
                          Hehehe, that stuff looked great back then...I really wish they'd remake/update them (esp. Tie Fighter)
                          sigpic

Comment

tie interceptor
                            liberator (blakes 7)
                            heart of gold(H2G2 tv series)
                            sigpic
                            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Rewinding slightly

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                              The strange part is that this liking was developed in the Star Wars Holiday Special.
                              That is strange. I'm a very big Star Wars nerd--books, comics, toys, TV, movies, I love 'em. But when I finally sat down to watch the Holiday Special a few years back, I had a hard time getting through without just shutting it off and pretending it never existed.

Comment

Working...
                              X