Actor Dan Payne Call to Action! SG-1 Super Soldier- Divine: The Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actor Dan Payne Call to Action! SG-1 Super Soldier- Divine: The Series

I'm sending out a request directly from my friend actor Dan Payne, he was the Super Soldier and the one that slammed "Mini Jack" into a wall outside of the conference room and a wraith on SGA not to mention his other TV movie credits as a very handsome and talented leading man!

Last year Dan took on an internet only series called Divine: The Series as lead character. . . wait for it . . . Cesar Divine! The website also has great behind the scenes videos and photos including Director Ivan Hayden who also worked in Special Effects on SG-1.

It's a graphic novel come to life - this is the show's tagline:
    "A young priest must come to terms with his crisis of faith or risk damnation to the soul of a living miracle. With man's freewill held in the balance, the bloody conflict surrounding the immortal being known as Divine will take him further into his religion than ever he dreamed possible"

Time for the Call to Action & Voting - Divine: The Series is up for a Shorty Award for best webshow so here's the deal - Send a tweet!

You must have a twitter account to do this, if you don't want to authorize their application at www.shortyawards.com to use your twitter account just send a tweet out from your account in the correct format!

I Nominate @DivineTheSeries for a shorty award in #webshow because ... [must add reason]
    or like this
    #shortyawards @DivineTheSeries #webshow because [must add reason here]

Even if your reason is just because Dan asked, please vote for them. If they were to win the category, Writer/Director/Producer Ivan Hayden has promised to attend the awards ceremony in New York in full Zombie attire and makeup! The folks at Divine will more than likely re-tweet your nomination to their followers, so make it count!

I also encourage all of you to follow @IvanHayden, @actorDanPayne and @DivineTheSeries on Twitter, they're lots of fun - make sure to tell them I sent you (@patriciacaseyco), It's almost guaranteed that Ivan will try to bribe you to stop following him!

Dan is currently shooting a movie of the week in Nelson, BC, and has sent out some beautiful pics of the view outside his window!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sometimes you have to go a long way out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly!

LTS - Life's to Short! - Richard Dean Anderson

Life moves pretty fast if you don't slow down to take a look you could miss it! - Ferris Bueller

Seeing that you created an account to post this doesnt inspire me to make a nomination.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
      Seeing that you created an account to post this doesnt inspire me to make a nomination.
      Well, if I were to ASSUME since you've been a lifelong member of this forum that you have to be the ultimate Stargate fan...oh, wait, you've only been a member for 2.5 months...and it would be rude of me to assume anything based on when YOU became a member of the forum! People getting attacked for being "new" on a forum for making a first post tend to not want to continue to participate...i'm just sayin!

I didn't feel it was necessary to introduce myself because a lot of people here on this forum already know who I am because of another forum I have participated in. I've been around the forums for several years I just haven't participated with them on this site, I actually thought I did have an account on here already but apparently I didn't.

So sorry your uninspired, but it will be your loss to miss a really good show on the internet and my post shouldn't inspire the nomination, you should maybe...I don't know...go watch it? If you agree make the nomination, if you don't that's fine also. I did receive a direct message from Dan asking me if I would be willing to help out so I am!

I don't know Dan Payne personally but we have "talked" many times on facebook and twitter both publicly and privately (which you can verify easily if you were to check my twitter account) and I feel comfortable calling him friend. I am not affiliated with the the series or the shorty awards and I am not being paid or receiving anything for posting to this site or any other. I am a fan of the show and Dan Payne. It's a good show with excellent special effects and a gripping story well worth watching.

By the way, this show also stars notable actors Misha Collins, Ben Hollingsworth, Allen Sawkens, Chasty Bellesteros, John Emmett Tracy and Lisa Marie Karuk who have been on shows like Firefly, Supernatural, Smallville, Sanctuary and many others - so it's got some real talent attached to it.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sometimes you have to go a long way out of the way in order to come back a short distance correctly!

Life moves pretty fast if you don't slow down to take a look you could miss it! - Ferris Bueller

Comment

The fact that you created an account so suddenly to promote this worries me; though I can understand what you're trying to do. In terms of the series; it looks good, it's well acted and it's got some interesting camera angels and plot details but it's not my cup of tea, mainly because I'm not a religious person and I can't seem to stand the constant bouts of religion (I can handle it in small does though.)

You do have some interesting ideas though; and if I could muster up the strength I would watch but it's not my cup of tea, I am thinking about voting for you though.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
          The fact that you created an account so suddenly to promote this worries me; though I can understand what you're trying to do. In terms of the series; it looks good, it's well acted and it's got some interesting camera angels and plot details but it's not my cup of tea, mainly because I'm not a religious person and I can't seem to stand the constant bouts of religion (I can handle it in small does though.)

You do have some interesting ideas though; and if I could muster up the strength I would watch but it's not my cup of tea, I am thinking about voting for you though.
          Hi Zombies - my comment to the previous poster probably answered your question but I'm waiting for a moderator to approve it so you haven't seen it yet - Sorry!

I'm not affiliated with the series in ANY way other than as a fan of the series and Dan Payne. There are many very talented actors, producers, directors, special effects, costume, makeup and crew associated with this show and I hope people will consider watching it (Episode 6 is actually my favorite) and maybe voting for it.

That said, I have a lot of friends that are on this site and not using another forum as much as we used to so I'm here to interact with them - I'm sure I'll probably see you around occasionally!

Comment

Stand down folks.

If PCasey hadn't checked out as legit ,and the webseries Divine or the Shorty awards was a scam, her posts would not be cleared.
            She's on Probie Status ,just like you were when you joined,so there's nothing sinister going on.

That said,PC ,attracting people's interest towards supporting Dan's projects will be achieved better by being less defensive.
            Stay cool.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by PCaseyCO View Post
              Well, if I were to ASSUME since you've been a lifelong member of this forum that you have to be the ultimate Stargate fan...oh, wait, you've only been a member for 2.5 months...and it would be rude of me to assume anything based on when YOU became a member of the forum! People getting attacked for being "new" on a forum for making a first post tend to not want to continue to participate...i'm just sayin!

I didn't feel it was necessary to introduce myself because a lot of people here on this forum already know who I am because of another forum I have participated in. I've been around the forums for several years I just haven't participated with them on this site, I actually thought I did have an account on here already but apparently I didn't.

So sorry your uninspired, but it will be your loss to miss a really good show on the internet and my post shouldn't inspire the nomination, you should maybe...I don't know...go watch it? If you agree make the nomination, if you don't that's fine also. I did receive a direct message from Dan asking me if I would be willing to help out so I am!

I don't know Dan Payne personally but we have "talked" many times on facebook and twitter both publicly and privately (which you can verify easily if you were to check my twitter account) and I feel comfortable calling him friend. I am not affiliated with the the series or the shorty awards and I am not being paid or receiving anything for posting to this site or any other. I am a fan of the show and Dan Payne. It's a good show with excellent special effects and a gripping story well worth watching.

By the way, this show also stars notable actors Misha Collins, Ben Hollingsworth, Allen Sawkens, Chasty Bellesteros, John Emmett Tracy and Lisa Marie Karuk who have been on shows like Firefly, Supernatural, Smallville, Sanctuary and many others - so it's got some real talent attached to it.
              Wonderful reply! That's a wonderful method to bring people to your cause. You might want to think it over carefully before firing off at individuals you're asking something from. Twitter can either help you, or sink you. Keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
                Wonderful reply! That's a wonderful method to bring people to your cause. You might want to think it over carefully before firing off at individuals you're asking something from. Twitter can either help you, or sink you. Keep that in mind.
                Hey, I know this person PCaseyCO, and she has been a friend and fan of Stargate for years.

As the Moderator has said, she is here just to help out Dan's project and that is all!!
                Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                sigpic
                Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Yes Dan ask for help from PC and other friend /fans to get nominations for the Shorty awards. She has no affiliation with the show except being friends with Dan, who is a real sweety and deserves to get nominated for all his hard work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Hi!

I know PCasey and I don't understand why the comment! I've been a member for a while but never posted. Do I have the right to visit the forum? Or is it reserved for a special groupe?

Comment

Bagpuss, thank you for reminding folks that my post was moderated.

My response to AlexanderD was not defensive but being flippant that he was making assumptions about me and my post. All he had to do was move on.

I am here to enjoy interacting with my friends that are long standing members of this forum. My interactions with AlexanderD has nothing to do with the information my creating this thread passed along.

For a moderator I have these questions: I was almost positive I had an account on this forum, probably hadn't actually logged in for over a year - do you delete inactive accounts? Also, one of my posts above accidentally posted twice is there a way to remove the duplicate one?

Comment

Alexander, if you don't agree with things....then just don't follow the link and don't vote. Plain and simple.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NDCP777 View Post
                          Hi!

I know PCasey and I don't understand why the comment! I've been a member for a while but never posted. Do I have the right to visit the forum? Or is it reserved for a special groupe?
                          All welcome.There are no special groups, hence the GateWorld name & logo.

Originally posted by PCaseyCO View Post
                          Bagpuss, thank you for reminding folks that my post was moderated.

My response to AlexanderD was not defensive but being flippant that he was making assumptions about me and my post. All he had to do was move on.

I am here to enjoy interacting with my friends that are long standing members of this forum. My interactions with AlexanderD has nothing to do with the information my creating this thread passed along.

For a moderator I have these questions: I was almost positive I had an account on this forum, probably hadn't actually logged in for over a year - do you delete inactive accounts? Also, one of my posts above accidentally posted twice is there a way to remove the duplicate one?
                          Y'welcome ,and as far as I'm concerned ,the stuff between you guys and Alexander stops now you've had your say ,and Skydiver's posted.

Let's keep the thread on topic about the Shorty Awards now.

I'll pm you about the bolded piece in your post because it's Off-Topic and involves your private details.
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                            Let's keep the thread on topic about the Shorty Awards now.

I'll pm you about the bolded piece in your post because it's Off-Topic and involves your private details.
                            Completely agree!

I'll look for your PM, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X