PDA

View Full Version : Help us name our new (relation)ship!!! (Contains Reckoning spoilers)

Ribbon.Device
February 4th, 2005, 06:22 AM
If you have yet to see Reckoning, leave now, for this thread holds spoilers .

Okay, people, here's the deal, my good friend spacemonkey69 and I have built a new ship. What's the problem? Well, it floats, if that's what you're worried about, but it still needs a name. Our ship is that of the Carter/Ba'al kind (don't diss us, there have been stranger ships at sea). Don't know about you lot, but we saw something in Reckoning 2. We may have been seeing things, or you may need to watch closer, either way, our ship needs a name. We have two suggestions.

1) SS TechnoBaal (by me)

2) SS Evil System Whiz Kid (by spacemonkey)

Please tell us what you think (about the names!) or give us some suggestions for others you think may be appropriate. If you simply don't like (or absolutely despise the idea) of Carter and Ba'al, turn your flash lights off and get out of here. If, however, you agree - or think it mght be fun - please, post away, for our ship cannot sail nameless!!!!

Love,

Robbon.Device & spacemonkey69 :cool:

Teal'c
February 4th, 2005, 06:35 AM
SS Better than Superman, Spiderman and the Hulk combined?

Ribbon.Device
February 4th, 2005, 06:39 AM
You like the idea Teal'c? Hm. I'm glad. Interesting suggestion....

Teal'c
February 4th, 2005, 06:41 AM
You like the idea Teal'c? Hm. I'm glad. Interesting suggestion....
I only oppose ship that involves two main characters... anything else is fair game. :P *watches Martouf Marty's Jack/Baal vid* :D

LordAnubis
February 4th, 2005, 07:53 AM
If you have yet to see Reckoning, leave now, for this thread holds spoilers .

Okay, people, here's the deal, my good friend spacemonkey69 and I have built a new ship. What's the problem? Well, it floats, if that's what you're worried about, but it still needs a name. Our ship is that of the Carter/Ba'al kind (don't diss us, there have been stranger ships at sea). Don't know about you lot, but we saw something in Reckoning 2. We may have been seeing things, or you may need to watch closer, either way, our ship needs a name. We have two suggestions.

1) SS TechnoBaal (by me)

2) SS Evil System Whiz Kid (by spacemonkey)

Please tell us what you think (about the names!) or give us some suggestions for others you think may be appropriate. If you simply don't like (or absolutely despise the idea) of Carter and Ba'al, turn your flash lights off and get out of here. If, however, you agree - or think it mght be fun - please, post away, for our ship cannot sail nameless!!!!

Love,

Robbon.Device & spacemonkey69 :cool:
SS Anubis

Crazedwraith
February 4th, 2005, 09:25 AM
for a moment there I thought you were trying to say we got a new starship i nreckoning (which we didn't) and wondered waht we should name it...

Skydiver
February 4th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Balsam?????

i loved how they worked together. it sorta made him like harry...ok so he's not all warm and fuzzy like harry is, but now baal isnt' this cliched evil one....you don't know if he'll be evil or good

Qasim
February 4th, 2005, 11:43 AM
what type of ship is it - how about a photo

Purpleyin
February 4th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Interesting underdog ship.
Ideas.....
Hmmm

SS Pride and Prejudice?

(I know it sucks but it's the only suggestion I have at this time - makes some twisted sense to me)

mishy_mo
February 4th, 2005, 01:49 PM
no offence to whatever you made but if your basing it on reckoning then

SS-left-over-using-repli-busting-machine-made-by-ancients-left-on-639!!!!!!!!!

anywho

glad i got that of my chest

that Balsam idea was pretty cool, kinda soothing you know, maybe if your ship is called that it'd be destined for plain sailing!

Merrin_Delaney
February 17th, 2005, 10:00 AM
SS Devils's Angel...
or SS Ba'am!!!

Oh well, whatever you decide to call it, I'm soooo with you *Sam/Ba'al forever*

*is dork*

:p

Whistler
February 17th, 2005, 02:46 PM
How about the SS Ba'rter? or the SS Ca'al or Sa'al or perhaps SS Ba'amantha? :D Sounds like you have interesting plans! :)

Spiko
February 17th, 2005, 05:36 PM
SS Evil-Ba'al-plus-smart-carter-equils-smart/evil-spiko

Osiris-RA
February 17th, 2005, 05:44 PM
SS Cobalt? I know it doesn't sound like the ship but it'll catch on. Just imagine, years from now ...

ON A BEACHSIDE DOCK IN MAINE ... 20244 ...

Two old fishermen, COOMBS and FLANNERY dawdle by the sea.

COOMBS: Say, you 'member that ship?
FLANNERY: What?
COOMBS: The ship!
FLANNERY: What ship? There's dozens 'a 'ol wrecks in these parts.
COOMBS: Naw, the SS Cobalt!
FLANNERY: What's that, a boat made out of ice cream sticks?
COOMBS: I'll shoot your eyeballs out, you 'ol 'tard, That Carter/Ba'al Ship!!
FLANNERY: (mispronouncing) Carter/Ba'al Ship? Dare I ask?
COOMBS: You 'member, they named it that and everyone though they was some paintin' people or somethings.
FLANNEY: You lost me old man.
COOMBS: (Makes an annoyed noise) To Sokar with it!
(Flannery cats a glance at him)
FLANNERY: Sokar? I think your kids need to re-think that nursing home bizznezz.

They continue fishing ..

Meanwhile, nearby floats ... the SS Cobalt.

:D

lionel_pendergast_rocks
February 17th, 2005, 06:49 PM
how about the SS B.S.?

Ribbon.Device
February 21st, 2005, 07:54 PM
I'll have to check with SpaceMonkey, but you lot have some good ideas. Keep it up and our ship'll be sailing in no time!

P.S Merrin_Delaney - love your sig!

can i use it?

Ribbon.Device
February 22nd, 2005, 01:37 AM
Hello all! SpaceMonkey and I have been talking recently, and, seeing as we can not seem to settle on a name for our ship, we've decided to go with the ...

SS Yet-To-BE-Named

http://www.MyOnlineImages.com/Members/ColonelCarter/images/Sambaalsig2.jpg

Thank you all for your suggestion, there were many, but we could not agree. We our now taking on a crew. If you'd like to join it, please post you name and rank (or watever)

spacemonkey69
February 22nd, 2005, 05:00 AM
woooooooooooooooooo, yeah! SS Yet- To- Be - Named! LONG LIVE SAM/BA'AL!

The Ultimate Obsession
February 27th, 2005, 01:09 PM
I have had weird messed uo fan fics floating around in my brain sooo long before reckoning 2 came out. I always loved this pairing lol. It works out quite nicely in my head after viewing the GCC pic in the Baal appreciation thread. :D

macktheknife
February 27th, 2005, 03:52 PM
CartBaalanch

Merrin_Delaney
February 27th, 2005, 10:48 PM
I have had weird messed uo fan fics floating around in my brain sooo long before reckoning 2 came out. I always loved this pairing lol. It works out quite nicely in my head after viewing the GCC pic in the Baal appreciation thread. :D
Soooo.... are you gonna write that fic and post it? :D

macktheknife
February 28th, 2005, 02:36 AM
CartBaalanch

So, what you think of that?

The Ultimate Obsession
February 28th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Soooo.... are you gonna write that fic and post it? :D

do you think i should write it?? b/c I am working on another story right now but I could do that eventually.

Merrin_Delaney
February 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
do you think i should write it?? b/c I am working on another story right now but I could do that eventually.

Of course!!! WRITE! :D :D

The Ultimate Obsession
February 28th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Hmmm .. It was kinda a dumb idea. I tried thinking it out when I got home from school and all I could get was a basic storyline about Baal capturing Sam (to get back at Jack for abyss, of course) and Sam winds up wanting to be with Baal. Thing is, I am not experienced at writing fics with higer than a PG rating and when I gave it a try once it came out all screwed up and sounded awful.

backwardsman
February 28th, 2005, 12:49 PM
what about the roddenberry(sp)

Merrin_Delaney
March 1st, 2005, 02:15 AM
Hmmm .. It was kinda a dumb idea. I tried thinking it out when I got home from school and all I could get was a basic storyline about Baal capturing Sam (to get back at Jack for abyss, of course) and Sam winds up wanting to be with Baal. Thing is, I am not experienced at writing fics with higer than a PG rating and when I gave it a try once it came out all screwed up and sounded awful.
It doesn't have to be smut, you know. I'm not picky. I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I'm more a visual kind of person :D

The Ultimate Obsession
March 1st, 2005, 05:32 AM
It doesn't have to be smut, you know. I'm not picky. I'd do it myself, but unfortunately I'm more a visual kind of person :D

yeah same with me.. thats why i dont think i could every write it and be satified enough to post it...:(

gatebee
March 1st, 2005, 06:19 AM
Ss Angus
Ss Sam O'neill

blueiris
March 1st, 2005, 06:49 AM
Well, its not my choice of ship but - "SS Carter's on the Ba'al".

Jeff O'Connor
March 1st, 2005, 07:11 AM
SS Barter... it's... it's um... it's a merchant ship... or somethin'...

The Ultimate Obsession
March 2nd, 2005, 05:26 PM
This was the most controversial freakin post... I acadentally poseted it in the Baal thread instead of here!! but here it is.

quote:

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon:
Carter and Baal (WTF?!) work together to get the weapon tuned to only affect Replicators, hitch is that they need to use to wipe them all out at once! Carter uses Baal's virus (from Avenger 2.0) to simulatneously dial every gate in the galaxy! This bit was really cool!

quote:

Originally posted by The Ultimate Obsession:
I thought this was a bit shippy. I mean baal was smiling at her the whole time!!! I am maybe gonna write a fanfic about them.

Positively Kanyon:

AHHH!!!!!! Noooooo. Must...get...image...of...Carter...and...Baal...out...of...head!!!!

Thanks a LOT for THAT image.

gatebee
March 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
SS Star Gate Command 1

john82410
March 2nd, 2005, 06:50 PM
i sorry........., but i think you guys may have beens seeing things, but thats just me............. good luck with the ship!!

emily_reich
March 3rd, 2005, 03:41 AM
ya know, this thread really should berenamed the baal/sam ship thread :D i didn't even know it existed!! :)

well i'm here.... my first ever SG1 ship ;) :p

haven't seen reckoning part 2, but i've seen a few quotes and it didn't take much to convince me :p

*now patiently waiting for a lovely fanfic to read*

:)

The Ultimate Obsession
March 3rd, 2005, 04:04 AM
ya know, this thread really should berenamed the baal/sam ship thread :D i didn't even know it existed!! :)

haven't seen reckoning part 2, but i've seen a few quotes and it didn't take much to convince me :p

Do you have normal US listings... so you will see it tomorow?

emily_reich
March 3rd, 2005, 04:23 AM
yup... reckoning tomorrow!!! (YAY!!!!) and i can't wait!!! (can't wait for atlantis either, but ya know.... :D)

Merrin_Delaney
March 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM

Emily!!! You found the Sam/Ba'al thread :D :D
Welcome! Make yourself at home!

The Ultimate Obsession
March 3rd, 2005, 09:30 AM
I finally got a concept for the FF im trying to write!

It basically has Sam, Baal, JAck, Daniel, Mitchell teal'c, ferretti, and some other ppl get sent 30 years in the future and made into h/s kids. It's really more of a general storyline with some Sam/Baal included.

Samantha
March 3rd, 2005, 11:54 AM
For a silly (long name) how about
The Ship Formally Known As The Ship With No Name :D

emily_reich
March 3rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
lol! i like that one!!! :p

thanks for the welcome Merrin :) still love your sam/baal sigs!! :)

hmmm.... ya know, ""sam/baal shipper is kinda a pain to type out!! any chance of a nickname??? :)

Merrin_Delaney
March 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM
F***ed if I knew. That was the whole point of this thread; name our ship. But they couldn't decide on anything. I suppose you can call it whatever you want. *shrug*

emily_reich
March 3rd, 2005, 11:45 PM
hmmm... well... i know for shep/teyla we're shepmagans... for mckay/weir we're weirkays.... but baal has no last name and the ba'arters just doesn't quite work the same as the others :p but i admit it's fun to say ba'arters :D lol... would that make the ship ba'am?? :D

Qtyled
March 3rd, 2005, 11:50 PM
Yes! Ba'am is a hell good name!

Merrin_Delaney
March 3rd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Sure, can do.

It's certainly a lot more convenient, eh? :P

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 12:11 AM
so is it "ba'am" then??? :D prounounced "bom" or "balm" of course, not "bam" :D :D :p

macktheknife
March 4th, 2005, 03:33 AM
I said CartBaalanche? Is that chopped liver or something?

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 03:45 AM
... i admit, i don't get it... :S :S

(and love the new sig line :D)

macktheknife
March 4th, 2005, 03:53 AM
... i admit, i don't get it... :S :S

(and love the new sig line :D)

-----------
Carte Blanche (n):
Unrestricted power to act at one's own discretion; unconditional authority.
-----------
And which part of the sig?

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 04:01 AM
ooh!! i do like it then :D that could mean quite a few different things.... :p i think if it was in a sig, you'd have to put a definition after it though :D

and the big long part... your "member of" list :D love the different names for stuff :D like the pic too :) whenever i try to make one of those different-sizes-and-different-shapes-of-squares-stacked-on-top-of-each-other pics it always ends up looking really dumb :o but yours is nice :)

macktheknife
March 4th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Cool, thanks. I wasnt sure if you thought all of my sig writing was funny, or only part of it.

Edit To prevent spammage.

I didnt plan it as such, but the way it turned out, with the large background picture, and then a small picture (kolya and sheppard talking, notice that i have cunnigly reversed the sheppard picture), and then a larger picture (the eyes of aiming shepard, next to the kolya holding weir picture.

Then 39.30.

Plus i have Jor, the Baby Space Dragon Mascot of the Shep\Weir Shippers, just so their is no confusion about where i'm coming from.

I like it.

emily_reich
March 4th, 2005, 04:05 AM
welcome :) getting to have awesome sigs is the thing i like best about this forum format-wise over any other i go to :) sigs are fun :)

anyway... back to the ship at hand :D

Wandering Tamer
March 5th, 2005, 07:30 PM
I finally got here. <After several misguided starts and an attempt of my own. Ok, so I needed some serious help to get here>

Anyway, how about SS Car'al, I haven't seen that one yet. Or, maybe I just missed it.