Anybody watched Lexx?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody watched Lexx?

I came across this show on Amazon, and it looks interesting. I plan on getting this series after I finish Stargate Atlantis. However, on the comments someone mentions that the season 1 isnt really a season. Its 4 movies, and that the season 1 that is sold on Amazon has alot cut out. Does anyone know which season 1 of Lexx I should get?
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Going by your location, this seems about right.

Word of warning: Lexx...can be something of an acquired taste, and personally, I think it tends to drop off in quality quite steadily as it progresses. The fourth season was drivel, but that's just my opinion.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

^^ I really liked the first season of Lexx (the movies). Movies: 1.0 I Worship His Shadow and 4.0 The Gigashadow are my favorites. Season 2 and 3 are also interesting.

And yes Lexx is an acquired taste and can be at times gross. Season 4 is the worst. I hated the Prince, Priest and Bunny trio.

There's a Lexx thread if you're intereted...
      Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
      Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

I saw it but didnt want to read it..Spoilers.

So, if I get the set for season 1 that Sealurk linked to, that is the unedited version?

And I think I will enjoy this show. I like what I have read about it. Seems like a good change of pace from the norm.
        sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Yes it's the unedited version. Lexx is definitely a break from the norm.
          I already have all of the Lexx seasons on DVD.
          Crowley: ‘Give Me Coffee or Give Me Death.’ It’s a funny name for a coffee shop.
          Nina: Everything else was taken.

Comment

Lexx is fun
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I hope you will like Lexx. This not a ordinary show

Comment

Lexx is a weird one. I'm winding up the 4th series now, and it's definitely an interesting take on aliens visiting Earth.

Series 1 is ust 4 movies, but they are integral to the rest of the series. Even in series 3 & 4, which are radically different from the first two in their plots/scenarios, they still play off of references and their experiences from series 1, which is something that most sci-fi series don't do, and I think that makes a likeable aspect.

Series 3 is the best of the 4, I think, and one of the best ideas in science-fantasy I've ever seen. It is slow-going though and may not hold your attention as much.
                sigpic

Comment

I used to watch this show on late night TV.
                  sigpic
                  Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

I'm up to season 3 now. I Season 1, I liked 'I Worship His Shadow,' and 'The Giga Shadow.' Eating Pattern was weird, and the other one was unwatchable. Season 2 didn't really have any bad episodes. However, my favorite episode of all so far was Brigadoom. It was a gimmick episode, but it was BRILLIANTLY done.
                    sigpic

Comment

I did like season three best. Four was a bit weird, even for that show.
                      sigpic
                      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I loved Brigadoom! Lexx was weird but I was fascinated by it. Back in the day.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've seen the odd episode here and there, but dont know if i could watch it from the pilot to finish
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Wow....Season 3 is just WEIRD!

SPOILERS

It is very dark...Kind of reminds me of 'Eating Pattern.' However, I havent finished it yet, but I have a prediction...

Water=Heaven, Fire=Hell, Prince=the devil or a demon.

Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong. I should finish season 3 Wednesday or Thursday.
                            sigpic

Comment

This is on my list of shows to see. I am waiting for either a channel to start airing it or once I am done with Stargate, i will move on to it. I hear Lexx is a bit of a marmite show.
                              Currently Watching: Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis
                              Planning to watch: Dark Angel, Star Trek Enterprise and many more

Comment

Working...
                              X