Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Which NEW (and returning) shows are you watching this fall?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POLL: Which NEW (and returning) shows are you watching this fall?

I'm trying to decide which new shows are deserving of a dedicated folder, so I'm curious which ones you plan to watch (or at least check out the premiere)! I'm also including returning shows airing in the fall season that don't already have a dedicated folder.

As with previous polls, being among the highest vote-getters does not guarantee a dedicated folder. This is just your friendly neighborhood webmaster testing the waters.

Comments and other suggestions for SciFi Stream and this section of the forum are welcome. Thanks!
    Grimm (NBC)
    9.12%
    Merlin (BBC/Syfy)
    12.41%
    The Secret Circle (The CW)
    4.74%
    Once Upon A Time (ABC)
    16.42%
    Terra Nova (FOX)
    24.82%
    The Vampire Diaries (The CW)
    4.74%
    The Walking Dead (AMC)
    14.23%
    Other? (Post 'em below!)
    13.50%
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Er....Merlin has been around since 2008, Vampire Diaries since 2009, and TWD since last year

That said, I loved season 1 of The Walking Dead so I'm absolutely on board for season 2 of that. The premise of Terra Nova is interesting too so I'll give it a chance, but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit thinking it's the best thing since sliced bread.

No interest in the others.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The only new show I plan to check out this fall is Terra Nova. I don't know if I'll stick with it, but I'm going to give the opening episode a chance. I'll also be watching the fourth season of Sanctuary, but we've already a folder on that. It's not science-fiction nor fantasy, but there's a comedy-crime-drama called Castle which pairs up a writer with a cop. The star of the show is Nathan Fillion of Firefly fame. I've only seen a few episodes. I'm thinking of diving into the fourth season, and if it's that good, I'll catch up on earlier seasons.

Comment

I'll be watching Grimm, Terra Nova, Once Upon A Time, Merlin and The Walking Dead.

Clicked Other as i'll also be watching The Fades, a supernatural fantasy type show on BBC 3.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm checking out Secret Circle and giving it an even chance. So far I haven't seen anything original, but it has some promise to it and might have an interesting meta plot.

At least I hope so.

Comment

Voted for The Walking Dead and Other. Probably will also be checking out Terra Nova though.

Question (I realize this may not have a straightforward answer): What are the requirements for a show to get its own section?

For instance, Game of Thrones received its own section fairly quickly (which by the way I'm very thankful for ) but True Blood has been around for 4 seasons with a 5th confirmed for next year, yet it still doesn't get a section.

Just curious.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
              Voted for The Walking Dead and Other. Probably will also be checking out Terra Nova though.

Question (I realize this may not have a straightforward answer): What are the requirements for a show to get its own section?

For instance, Game of Thrones received its own section fairly quickly (which by the way I'm very thankful for ) but True Blood has been around for 4 seasons with a 5th confirmed for next year, yet it still doesn't get a section.

Just curious.
              True Blood gets a folder when Peter Dinklage impslaps Bill.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                From my own experience with asking the same question....
                - has something in production
                - has enough interest on GW Forum to warrant a forum
                - if Darren wants it to have its own section or not
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Terra Nova seems interesting and I'll definitely be checking that out. The others, I'm kind of "meh" about. I don't have a whole lot of time to watch TV so I have to pick and choose. Besides, all the broadcast scifis save for a couple seem to get canceled after a season or two, or three if they're lucky like Heroes and had a chance. Kind of makes me not want to get into something new.

At least I'll always have Fringe.

Comment

I voted for Terra Nova, Walking Dead and Other (Persons of interest). Personally I think that most shows don't seem to have enough critical mass to justify a whole forum for them. It's often a lot better to just have one thread which harnesses all the attention that the show is getting from gateworlders.

Comment

I'm going to give Terra Nova a try and I'm also going to be watching The Fades.

Edit - I forgot to mention that I'll also be watching Misfits.
                      Last edited by Blencathra; 21 September 2011, 01:23 PM.

Comment

The only one I know with absolute certainty that I'll be watching is The Walking Dead as I enjoyed S1. But I also plan on giving Terra Nova a look to see if it's any good.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

I'm planning on watching(or at least trying) all of the shows listed except for Vampire Diaries. I'm also going to try out American Horror Story on FX.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm trying pretty much all of the shows when I mean all shows I mean pretty much all the new ones I can watch that won't interfere with my recordings I have already pre-recorded. Usually I do this with most new shows I watch the first episode and if I don't like it I never watch it again.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Merlin, House, Sanctuary, that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X