Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Warhammer players are there on the forums ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many Warhammer players are there on the forums ?

Hey all, I'm curious to how many people here on gateworld play any of the warhammer Games, be they roleplaying games, tabletop armies, or so far as to cosplay their favorite warhammer character(s) ?

I ask this mostly bevcause I noticed many people viewing a thread I started, my Rogue Trader thread in fact. And I am now curious just how much interest it had gained, other thne a few rude reviews at the least on ff.net.

I was given the green light to start an offical game based off Rogue Trader RPG itself (and the story it was made into, Tales from the Spirit of Silence) and it kept pushing at me to make it bigger, not just a story among a group of four or five people just Rping and writing a story together. Why not make it bigger and let multiple storylines start up, major trading to happen, and so on.

Like I said I was given the OK to start the game as a game and not just a round robin so to speak between friends, on another website. I don't have the link just yet, but I will.

Also , this thread can be used for all sorts of Warhammer talk be it favorite characters from the various countless books, the games, advice on painting, etc. Enjoy the thread all!

Also; any artwork others have made, (or pictures of your models and the like) are more then welcome to be posted here as well!

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

yup, for a long time both the TTWG (WFB and 40k) and the original WFRP game and the new one from FFG.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I hate miniatures rules games like this myself and will not play them anymore.

Comment

It is not just models now, its both models and a roleplaying game series (Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Dark Hersey, Deathwatch, Rogue Trader, etc), its also a computer game series (Warhammer Online, Dawn of War, Dawn of War II, etc) Though I am curious Galileo; is there any particular reason of why you now avoid it ?

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I am Amann, and I approve this message.

yeah, warhammer 40k is completely awesome. SPESS MAHREENS! FOR TEE EMPRAH!
          sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
            I am Amann, and I approve this message.

yeah, warhammer 40k is completely awesome. SPESS MAHREENS! FOR TEE EMPRAH!
            Glad you enjoy it got any art, maps, etc ? Maybe a list of planet names for example ?

Maybe even some fanfics base in Warhammer, those are fun to read

Comment

I don't know anything about Warhammer. I do have a picture of a pig though. Anyone want to see a picture of a pig?
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                I don't know anything about Warhammer. I do have a picture of a pig though. Anyone want to see a picture of a pig?
                Hello to you too Admiral, long time no see, and no, no pigs please. though i do wonder something... nevermind, I found ya on DA

And now some art of a modelmaker... Amann might like this picture

Comment

I used to play Warhammer 40k tabletop: I started w/ Black Templars and moved to Craftworld Iyanden Eldar.
                  I've also played a little Mordheim, WFRP and the various PC games made based on the WHFB/WH40k IP (e.g., Chaos Gate, Dark Omen, Dawn of War, WAR, etc.)
                  I was supposed to start w/ WHFB (High Elves), but the stuff I wanted wasn't available on the day I was going to buy stuff...and my friend had sold me his Black Templars.

I quit shortly before WH40k hit 5th Ed., and most of my stuff has been sold off.
                  I moved to Privateer Press' Warmachine (Khador), but I've stopped playing that, too. Short of some boardgames, I haven't played tabletop in quite a while.

I still do buy/read some of the novels from the WHFB and WH40k settings, tho' (mostly Ciaphas Cain...I am still following the Gaunt series, but I haven't bought the latest releases yet)...and people still, occasionally, bug me to make army lists for them. *shrug*

P.S.: the forum nickname I use is based off of Warhammer 40k's 'Godhammer'-pattern lascannon, as mounted on 'standard' Land Raiders
                  sigpic

Comment

used to play tabletop 40k, space hulk and epic, dabbled with DoW series but always prefered epic scaled battles(titans etc) also liked battlefleet gothic but didn't know people who played.
                    DoW 3 is sounding like more my type of game DoW3 first details
                    liked my own armies so its sounding good so far.
                    sigpic
                    EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                    -Liberty Prime

Comment

There used to be a warhammer shop in the shopping centre near where I live
                      I liked to go in and look at the models lol especially the Lord of the Rings ones

Comment

Well, there used tto be a nearby hobby store in my area, they merged with a larger store a month or so back and I haven't been able ot find where th5ey moved to, I think it is northtown, about an hour drive from where I live on the River side. I have a large room upstairs with a few armies set up in there, unpainted though.

Anyhow; I've been gone too long! I also bring great news! For those of us who would like to dabble in play by post roleplaying of Warhammer in general, I think I can be the bearer of good news. Stargate New Seasons forum will soon be adding a Warhammer subforum area for ALL WARHAMMER games online under the Roleplay area. This area will be run by me, and will also have subforums for every Warhammer Roleplaying Game on the market as of now, including Black Cursade, Deathwatch, Dark Herse,y Rogue Trader, you name them we will have them listed!

But, in order to get the games moving, if at all, we need players to join us. {at a later date we may also add some other scifi games such as X-Men, Star Wars, and others.} All we need is 5 new users to join up to get things rolling. I for one thing do not expect the games o t take off like a bullet and fly like mad. A slow and steady game is fine for me. but some who like fast run games are also OK peoplese as well. Sometimes games can run quickly. sometimes not.

Heck, a typical warhammer tabletop battle lasts up to what ? a day or so ?

Comment

I am curious to play warhammer. I have never played it but I have some fond interest in the game and I was wondering if I should try it out or not. What do you think I should do if I am a noob at it?
                          http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...m/Earth001.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Earth001 View Post
                            I am curious to play warhammer. I have never played it but I have some fond interest in the game and I was wondering if I should try it out or not. What do you think I should do if I am a noob at it?
                            Go to a local hobby store, I suppose, and ask the folks about it. Maybe have a demo game or two set up (a 1,000 pt. game shouldn't last more than an hour, anyway). Since the stuff can get rather pricey (esp. when you start building a 'proper army'. so it helps to know, before hand, what you want, particularly in terms of what your army list will be composed of)

For WH40k, Space Marines are generally the more 'forgiving', while other armies, like the Imperial Guard, have a steeper learning curve.
                            If you're just interested in tabletop miniature gaming, in general, do look around first, too. There's the WW2 'Flames of War', the steampunk 'Warmachine' (w/ it's more fantasy-rooted brother, 'Hordes'), etc.

Oh, and it also helps if the game you pick is the one being played in your area regularly.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm a fan of Warhammer 40K.
                              And have a copy of the 1st edition rules at home.
                              I also read the WH40k books.
                              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                              To thy own self... Be true
                              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                              X