Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chiller syfy merger? rebanding any time soon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chiller syfy merger? rebanding any time soon?

With the talk of cut down Eureka season 5 and 6. Is a big comcast / NBC rebinding coming soon?

with the talk of the WWE or UFC buying G4 the shows on G4 will have to go to some other network. Comcast may want to move the WWE off of syfy to some sports channel.
    There is talk universal sports going bigger but right now it's a LOW PQ SD sub channel and that may have to move off being OTA to go any where bigger. Versus soon to be NBC Sports Network opens the door for more sports on it or maybe even universal sports be coming NBC Sports Network 2.

But I can see chiller and syfy becoming 1 channel with some non scifi stuff moving off of it.

WWE never belonged on SyFy to begin with.
    Oh and How is Robin Hood Sy Fy
    *worries about the channel identifiers*
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

Whatever happens, it can only be an improvement.

At least, unless they rebrand as the Funtysy Channel.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I guess G4/SyFy fits better than SyFy/WWE.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          WWE never belonged on SyFy to begin with
          The WWE being on Syfy just confirms that the WWE is fake

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
            The WWE being on Syfy just confirms that the WWE is fake
            Watching 30 seconds of WWE should be enough to confirm it's fake.
            sigpic

Comment

It's certainly a fantasy...of mine.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

WWE never belonged on SyFy to begin with.
                Oh and How is Robin Hood Sy Fy
                *worries about the channel identifiers*
                wwe smackdown is one of the highest rated shows on the channel it's not going any place.
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  wwe smackdown is one of the highest rated shows on the channel it's not going any place.
                  well it can move to a NBC / Comcast sports channel or syfy may just become there next one.

versus soon to be the NBC Sports Network as a lot of hunting and stuff that can be pushed to a other network and WWE + some stuff on G4 can help to pad that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    well it is fiction
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

well it is fiction
                      And it is also Sci-Fi. What normal human walks away unscathed after being "hit" in the head with a "metal" chair 5 or 6 times in the span of ten minutes.
                      sigpic

Comment

since chiller is 'all horror most of the time' and focuses on horror or suspense movies (hence its name) i can see it becoming an outlet for skiffy's more horror type of cheesy movies.

skiffy needs to change its name to 'mediocre scripted 'reality' channel' because scripted non-reality type shows are definitely the minority now. Sanctuary, eureka, wh13, being human, alphas, haven, crappy saturday movie...that's 8 hours a week - if they were all airing at once - that's a bonafide scripted show. the rest of their programming is just 'scripted reality'

not to say they're the only channel that's doing that. Ice Road Truckers, deadliest catch, ax men, hillbilly handfishing.....they're all unscripted reality shows (docudramas)

thing is, people watch it. And because people watch it, it gets ratings so it makes money.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X