Favourite Major Lorne Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Major Lorne Moments

I've seen a few of these for the other characters but couldn't find one for Lorne. The idea is to create a list of all our favourite Major Lorne moments and then when we have enough we'll start voting. So please suggest as many favourite moments as you like - it'll only be one post per day once we get to voting. Thanks

So, I'll start with just three of my many favourite Lorne moments.

1. When Lorne responds to McKay by saying "Actually, I skipped that course in Major School" - (203 Runner)
    2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - (320 First Strike)
    3. Lorne telling Daniel his Unas artifacts "were in the way" in that reasonable tone of his. - (707 Enemy Mine)

next?
    sigpic

Originally posted by ShaViva View Post
    I've seen a few of these for the other characters but couldn't find one for Lorne. The idea is to create a list of all our favourite Major Lorne moments and then when we have enough we'll start voting. So please suggest as many favourite moments as you like - it'll only be one post per day once we get to voting. Thanks

So, I'll start with just three of my many favourite Lorne moments.

1. When Lorne responds to McKay by saying "Actually, I skipped that course in Major School" - (203 Runner)
    2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - (320 First Strike)
    3. Lorne telling Daniel his Unas artifacts "were in the way" in that reasonable tone of his. - (707 Enemy Mine)

next?
    Love those, Sha! How about these?

4. When McKay talks about all the radiation his body has soaked up and complains that he may have to forego having children. Lorne says, "I was just thinking that might be a good idea."
    5. When he congratulates Teyla on her pregnancy and tells her she'll be a great mom & that everyone has doubts and fears "especially with the first one".
    6. When he admits to missing his nephews.

How many do you want from us each post? How many do you want total? Or will you be doing a first 10, then starting over and eventually pitting the winners against each other? I'd be happy to do some Lorne re-watching in order to add to the post. As it is, I know I worded #4 wrong, so I'll have to re-watch Runner.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

7. Doppleganger - When he's sleep walking and he's in his pajamas and barefoot with a gun pointed at John Sheppard.

sigpic
      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
        Love those, Sha! How about these?

4. When McKay talks about all the radiation his body has soaked up and complains that he may have to forego having children. Lorne says, "I was just thinking that might be a good idea."
        5. When he congratulates Teyla on her pregnancy and tells her she'll be a great mom & that everyone has doubts and fears "especially with the first one".
        6. When he admits to missing his nephews.

How many do you want from us each post? How many do you want total? Or will you be doing a first 10, then starting over and eventually pitting the winners against each other? I'd be happy to do some Lorne re-watching in order to add to the post. As it is, I know I worded #4 wrong, so I'll have to re-watch Runner.
        Happy to see lots of suggestions WW Hadn't really thought too much about how we do the voting - I like the idea that we could do a group, vote, do another group, vote, etc and then do a 'finals' round to get the winner. Any opinions from others?
        sigpic

Comment

There are so many moments, I think we definitely need a cut-off. What do you think of an even dozen since we're already to seven?
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Sounds good ... okay, so once we have 12 fav moments, we'll start voting ... probably don't need to go all the way to 50 votes to decide, half that would be more than enough and would take us a while to get through so we can do a second round.

If we have 5 people voting on average every day and it goes down to the last vote, with one vote per day it'll take 60 days to finish one round. Is that too long? If we went first to 20 votes instead it'd be 48 days. First to 10 votes (with 5 voters per day) would take 24 days. I think I'd rather go shorter and have more rounds than have each round last a long time. What do you think?
            sigpic

Comment

8. When Sheppard climbs down the tower and breaks into the gate room. He asks Lorne if he has any CO2. Lorne pulls some out and hands it to Sheppard, who says, "Is that it?" Lorne raises his eyebrows and gives Sheppard one of those shrugs. You can almost hear him saying, "How much more did you want me to have on me?"
              sigpic

Comment

9. In 'The Last Man' future when we see that General Lorne is in charge of the SGC
                sigpic

Comment

10. In Runner. Parrish finds the dead Wraith and asks Lorne what happened. Our favorite major replies, "I don't know. All I know is, he didn't do that to himself."
                  sigpic

Comment

11. When Sheppard joins him in the prison cell in "Coup d'Etat" and Lorne replies as if it were an everyday occurrence and with his very dry humor, "Colonel." This one word says so much.

Comment

12. In "The Game" when he reports in for the first time and is obviously completely and utterly amused at the society having banners of Rodney all over the place.
                      sigpic

Comment

Round 1 voting - one vote per day, first to 20 votes, and so on ...

1. When Lorne responds to McKay by saying "Actually, I skipped that course in Major School" - 203 Runner (0)

2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - 320 First Strike (0)

3. Lorne telling Daniel his Unas artifacts "were in the way" in that reasonable tone of his. - 707 Enemy Mine (0)

4. When McKay talks about all the radiation his body has soaked up and complains that he may have to forego having children. Lorne says, "I was just thinking that might be a good idea." - 203 Runner (0)

5. When he congratulates Teyla on her pregnancy and tells her she'll be a great mom & that everyone has doubts and fears "especially with the first one". - 412 Spoils of War (0)

6. When he admits to missing his nephews. - 412 Spoils of War (0)

7. When he's sleep walking and he's in his pajamas and barefoot with a gun pointed at John Sheppard. - 404 Doppelganger (1)

8. When Sheppard climbs down the tower and breaks into the gate room. He asks Lorne if he has any CO2. Lorne pulls some out and hands it to Sheppard, who says, "Is that it?" Lorne raises his eyebrows and gives Sheppard one of those shrugs. You can almost hear him saying, "How much more did you want me to have on me?" - 413 Quarantine (0)

9. In 'The Last Man' future when we see that General Lorne is in charge of the SGC - 420 The Last Man (0)

10. Parrish finds the dead Wraith and asks Lorne what happened. Our favorite major replies, "I don't know. All I know is, he didn't do that to himself." - 203 Runner (0)

11. When Sheppard joins him in the prison cell in "Coup d'Etat" and Lorne replies as if it were an everyday occurrence and with his very dry humor, "Colonel." This one word says so much. - 217 Coup d'Etat (0)

12. In "The Game" when he reports in for the first time and is obviously completely and utterly amused at the society having banners of Rodney all over the place. - 315 The Game (0)
                        sigpic

Comment

Round 1 voting - one vote per day, first to 20 votes, and so on ...

1. When Lorne responds to McKay by saying "Actually, I skipped that course in Major School" - 203 Runner (1)

2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - 320 First Strike (0)

3. Lorne telling Daniel his Unas artifacts "were in the way" in that reasonable tone of his. - 707 Enemy Mine (0)

4. When McKay talks about all the radiation his body has soaked up and complains that he may have to forego having children. Lorne says, "I was just thinking that might be a good idea." - 203 Runner (0)

5. When he congratulates Teyla on her pregnancy and tells her she'll be a great mom & that everyone has doubts and fears "especially with the first one". - 412 Spoils of War (0)

7. When he's sleep walking and he's in his pajamas and barefoot with a gun pointed at John Sheppard. - 404 Doppelganger (1)

8. When Sheppard climbs down the tower and breaks into the gate room. He asks Lorne if he has any CO2. Lorne pulls some out and hands it to Sheppard, who says, "Is that it?" Lorne raises his eyebrows and gives Sheppard one of those shrugs. You can almost hear him saying, "How much more did you want me to have on me?" - 413 Quarantine (0)

9. In 'The Last Man' future when we see that General Lorne is in charge of the SGC - 420 The Last Man (0)

10. Parrish finds the dead Wraith and asks Lorne what happened. Our favorite major replies, "I don't know. All I know is, he didn't do that to himself." - 203 Runner (0)

11. When Sheppard joins him in the prison cell in "Coup d'Etat" and Lorne replies as if it were an everyday occurrence and with his very dry humor, "Colonel." This one word says so much. - 217 Coup d'Etat (0)

12. In "The Game" when he reports in for the first time and is obviously completely and utterly amused at the society having banners of Rodney all over the place. - 315 The Game (0)
                          sigpic

Comment

1. When Lorne responds to McKay by saying "Actually, I skipped that course in Major School" - 203 Runner (1)

2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - 320 First Strike (1)

Comment

2. Lorne commenting on the performance of the meteor they're trying to tow with the 302s: "Get enough of us drilled in, we can fly it like a ship ... a really slow ship. It’s probably gonna be a real pain in the ass to steer, but a ship nonetheless" - 320 First Strike (1)

7. When he's sleep walking and he's in his pajamas and barefoot with a gun pointed at John Sheppard. - 404 Doppelganger (2)

sigpic
                              Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                              X