PDA

View Full Version : Things you DO and DON'T want to see / happen in Season 4

lastrequest
July 29th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I remember somebody starting a thread like this last year, and I thought it was a great idea and that we should have one for S4 too!

I haven't specified a number - just write a list of any length of things you do and don't want in S4 :)

Do:
* resolve S3 cliffhanger without disrupting the current timeline - I like Sanctuary and how it's been developed and I don't want to see any really major changes because of Helen's trip back in time e.g. character wise / history wise
* more Tesla!!
* more about Helen's childhood - I'm still so intrigued to learn more about her mother (did she die in childbirth? was there maybe an accident with an abnormal? does Helen remember anything about her?)
* more Nikola/Helen interaction
* more focus on Will - I think his character can be a little underused, and I used to like how we 'saw' what he was observing
* I'd also love to see a 'christmas' episode or something similar - just seeing how they celebrate with so many abnormals, I bet those parties would be interesting ;)

Don't:
* John may have been Helen's first love, and he may still pine for her (in a somewhat obsessive manner), but I'm finding the angst between them monotonous now, I think it played a good part and made for a really interesting back story between the two characters but it's S4 and she really needs to move on IMO (although I get the impression that's happening a little now since the end of S3)
* no more Will dying please - I get that he has a hard and dangerous job ;) but he seems to get the short straw when it comes to getting injured/killed :lol:
* I don't want revamped nikola to return to his previous obsession with world domination - I think his temporary mortality worked to really make him grow as a character and appreciate what he had, and perhaps make him a little more respectful (at least to Helen ;) )

majorsal
July 29th, 2011, 05:23 PM
do -

*more helen!! :D :p

*more history on ALL our characters. i really want to know what makes them tick, and knowing their history helps. (and makes you feel a deeper connection to them)

*love interest for helen. with my tastes, i hope it's with a man. :p

*more tesla!

*more grieving for ashley.

don't -

*if helen's love interest is a woman, i don't want to see open mouthed kissing between them. :S :p

*don't make abby act like a cheerleader (when she's an fbi agent).

*don't make helen-less or helen-light episodes. :p

*don't kill off helen. ever. in any way. at any time. especially at the end of the series.

k, i think that's all. :p

Emengee
July 29th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Do:

*Have more John and Helen interaction. I'm a sucker for doomed romances.
*Have Tesla steal another kiss. Helen's reaction would be funny.
*Have more Henry/Kate/Biggie interaction. I love it :)
*Develope Abby as something other than a blond perky cheerleader who happens to carry a gun.
*Show will doing that 'thing' he does when he see's things out of place.
*Bring in Teryl Rothery

Don't:
*Kill any more main characters.
*Bring back Ashley only to please the fans. She has to have a reason for showing up besides ratings.
*have poinless episodes. Unless they involve Helen and John. Or Tesla.

:)

EvenstarSRV
July 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Do:

-more team-based shows ala Hangover
-let Kate and/or Henry play a larger role in the season's main arc. One-offs like Bank Job or Animus are nice, but I'd like to see them better integrated into the main storylines.
-mix-up pairings more, such as Helen/Kate, or let Druitt and Tesla interact with more than just mainly Helen.
-give Abby some more balance/depth and more maturity to the Will/Abby relationship

Don't:

-play Helen's love interest as something unusual for her, this woman's been around for decades and has had many relationships, we're just finally going to get to see one
-do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many
-reset things after Tempus, let the events of S3 have a lasting impact on the show and characters
-stop exploring new ways of telling stories, it may not always work but I like that they're willing to try

majorsal
July 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
i'm adding everyone one of your do/don't's to my list! :p

Do:

-more team-based shows ala Hangover
-let Kate and/or Henry play a larger role in the season's main arc. One-offs like Bank Job or Animus are nice, but I'd like to see them better integrated into the main storylines.
-mix-up pairings more, such as Helen/Kate, or let Druitt and Tesla interact with more than just mainly Helen.
-give Abby some more balance/depth and more maturity to the Will/Abby relationship

Don't:

-play Helen's love interest as something unusual for her, this woman's been around for decades and has had many relationships, we're just finally going to get to see one
-do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many
-reset things after Tempus, let the events of S3 have a lasting impact on the show and characters
-stop exploring new ways of telling stories, it may not always work but I like that they're willing to try

Skydiver
July 30th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'd love to see

A 'while the cat's away' type of episode...kinda hangover but maybe with a twist, the abbies at the sanctuary having an adventure while all the 'cool kids' are off doing theirs

abby being more than a love interest. Maybe a little more 'real'?

more stuff like hangover, in that it's a team episode, not just will and helen

More different pairings...i second that.

less

stuff like date night please

will dying...yeah, please, can he take a year off from the hereafter?

Elorendil
July 30th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Want: More Tesla! I agree that some love interest between Helen and Tesla would be awesome.

More Druitt. Can't get enough of him, either. I'd like to see more about his past, who he was before he became JTR. More development on his condition, too. I'd like to actually see an ep with Helen trying to free him from the energy being that is possessing him.
More Praxis

Don't want:
I agree with the above, more date night stuff just isn't necessary.

No more of Will dying. Enough is enough. :p

BigBear
July 30th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Do -
Definitely more, more Tesla (even if we already know that he may be only in 5 episodes)

Don't -
Enough to hurt him. I'm really tired of all these bleeding wounds.

lastrequest
July 30th, 2011, 01:35 PM
do -

*more helen!! :D :p

*more grieving for ashley.

don't -

*don't kill off helen. ever. in any way. at any time. especially at the end of the series.

Yep, seconding those!

Do:
*Bring in Teryl Rothery

Don't:
*Bring back Ashley only to please the fans. She has to have a reason for showing up besides ratings.
*have poinless episodes. Unless they involve Helen and John. Or Tesla.

:)
Would be nice to see Teryl guest star! Or Cliff Simon :) and I love your last one about 'pointless eps unless they involve Helen/John/Tesla' :lol:

Do:

Don't:

Seconding :)

I'd love to see

abby being more than a love interest. Maybe a little more 'real'?

Yep I agree her character needs a bit more fleshing out.

Do -
Definitely more, more Tesla (even if we already know that he may be only in 5 episodes)

5 is a decent amount, but definitely would have liked more eps. with him in :)

Want: More Tesla! I agree that some love interest between Helen and Tesla would be awesome.

More Druitt. Can't get enough of him, either. I'd like to see more about his past, who he was before he became JTR. More development on his condition, too.

Yay for Helen/Tesla love interest :D
Interesting idea to find out more about Druitt before he was JTR too...

maxbo
July 31st, 2011, 06:55 AM
DO want to see:

* More Tesla
* Helen have smoking hot chemistry with her love interest
* More Watson (I would love it if they could find a way to get him back for more than flashbacks)
* More grieving for Ashley and have her appear in at least one episode
* More John Druitt
* More of Helen's father
* More background on the Big Guy
* Mixing up of the character interactions

DON'T want to see:

* Episodes that revolve heavily around the characters' dating lives
* Abby written as a total ditz-- if they want to keep this aspect of the character, then either show more of her as a competent agent or give us a reason to suspect that her ditzy act is just that... an act
* Any main/recurring character deaths -- although I like Kate, Ashley's death left a much bigger hole than I expected and she wasn't even one of my favorite characters

Altariel
July 31st, 2011, 07:08 AM
Want to see:

- More Tesla
- Tesla as her love interest
- Something about Helens mother
- seeing the vampire queen again

Don´t want to see:

- Killing of Helen or Tesla
- Some random love interest for Helen and please no woman, I can´t really imagine Helen with a women.

blazingfire
August 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM
DO

-More of the Five, lots of Tesla
-Episodes that either focus on abnormals/ Helen's involvement in history a la Normandy
-More character interactions that don't focus on Helen/Will or Kate/Henry.
-More supporting characters, ie more heads of the Sanctuary Network for example
-Seeing the other Sanctuary staff other than the main cast
-Focus on story arcs rather than filler episodes
-Bring Ashley at least for one episode.
-More out of the box episodes like that musical episode they're doing
- Focus on the other cast rather than Will, Will, Will all the time
- Bring back Will's IQ back up to Season 1 levels

DON'T
- No more whiny Abby
- Have Will paired up with Magnus ALL the time.
- No major reset of Season 3 events with Tempus (I suspect that Praxis and Helen's father would be alive though)

NumberSix
August 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
I agree with a lot of what's already been said, so I'll just add to it a bit and make a few comments:

lastrequest:

* resolve S3 cliffhanger without disrupting the current timeline - I like Sanctuary and how it's been developed and I don't want to see any really major changes because of Helen's trip back in time e.g. character wise / history wise
* more Tesla!!
* more about Helen's childhood - I'm still so intrigued to learn more about her mother (did she die in childbirth? was there maybe an accident with an abnormal? does Helen remember anything about her?)
* more Nikola/Helen interaction
* I don't want revamped nikola to return to his previous obsession with world domination - I think his temporary mortality worked to really make him grow as a character .....

Yes, I would love more of Tesla and I love the chemistry between him and Helen. Season 3 added a lot to his character and I don't want to see him revert completely to his pre-devamping ways. I also want to know more about Helen and her mother and Helen's past history with Tesla, Druitt, and Watson.

majorsal

*more history on ALL our characters. i really want to know what makes them tick, and knowing their history helps. (and makes you feel a deeper connection to them)

*love interest for helen. with my tastes, i hope it's with a man

Agree. :)

Emengee
Don't

Totally agree... especially Helen, Nikola, or Henry. Or John either. For the rest of the series.

Evenstar
Don't do any more 'date night gone wrong' episodes please, two last season was two too many

I like mixing up the pairings too. I'd like to see Helen and Kate get into a fix and have to solve it without any other help. And it might be interesting to have Druitt and Tesla forced to work together and put aside their animosity and help each other out of a predicament.

And yes, please, let Will and Abby not act like adolescents. No more scenes like the end of Wingman. Having some fun is fine, but less giggliness and more grown-up woman and FBI agent might make me like her more.

Also:

DO continue character development on all the characters, not just Helen or Will. I like episodes where they center more on Tesla, Druitt, Henry, or even Kate and we get to learn something about them that gives the character more depth.

DO tell us more about The Five, especially how they got together, what happened to them after using the source blood and how this impacted their relationships and their lives. Also what did Tesla and Druitt do all those years between then and now -- fill in some more of the gaps.

DON'T have any more wrestling guest stars.

EH-T
August 1st, 2011, 01:57 PM
I think a number of things i would like to see will happen based on some stuff I have read so don't read on if you are a spoilerphobe....

-Helen in Victorian England
-more of the 5-Telsa, Druitt, Watson, Griffin and, of course, Helen
-more of Adam
-more Helen kicking butt
-more of the Sanctuary team

Don't want

-anymore of Will's love life beyond a passing reference

lastrequest
August 6th, 2011, 12:45 PM
DO want to see:

* More Tesla
* Helen have smoking hot chemistry with her love interest
* More background on the Big Guy

Yes! *agrees enthusiastically*
And I really like Biggie, I think from a humour point of view as well... and I probably shouldn't but I just love watching him slap people :lol:

Want to see:

- More Tesla
- Tesla as her love interest
- Something about Helens mother
- seeing the vampire queen again

It does surprise me that we don't already know more about Helen's mother... apart from one (is it one?) passing reference I don't think Helen's ever even spoke about her?

DO

-More out of the box episodes like that musical episode they're doing
- Bring back Will's IQ back up to Season 1 levels

Lmao, poor Will. Maybe he's been too distracted by all the young girls throwing themselves at him :p
Agree about out of the box episodes - re: spoiler - I'd also love to see something like the episode 'Hush' in BtVS - I think that would be interesting...

I agree with a lot of what's already been said, so I'll just add to it a bit and make a few comments:

<snip>
I like mixing up the pairings too. I'd like to see Helen and Kate get into a fix and have to solve it without any other help. And it might be interesting to have Druitt and Tesla forced to work together and put aside their animosity and help each other out of a predicament.

Yes - it would be interesting to see Druitt & Tesla having to work together - although we have had a hint of that already (start of S2?) I think despite everything there is a strange sort of friendship underneath it where when things get dire they can help each other out.

DO tell us more about The Five, especially how they got together, what happened to them after using the source blood and how this impacted their relationships and their lives. Also what did Tesla and Druitt do all those years between then and now -- fill in some more of the gaps.

Yeah I'd like to know what Tesla was doing for 60 odd years :lol:

I think a number of things i would like to see will happen based on some stuff I have read so don't read on if you are a spoilerphobe....

-Helen in Victorian England
-more Helen kicking butt

Love the dresses she gets to wear - although start of S4 she's going to have to seriously change from her 21st C clothes or she'll stick out like a sore thumb :p
And deff. agree about Helen kicking butt - always good fun to watch that.

StarSancFar
August 8th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Do--

*More Tesla!!
*More Nigel and James, we really only see a bit of them, it'd be nice seeing as how Helen is now back in time to see more of them growing up and in the Five/how they became friends
*I love the stand alone eps! Like Bankjob and Nubbins...OH!
*More Nubbins! Heehee, preferably when Nikola is around!! ;)
*Insight into Helen's childhood ^^ as above. How her mother died/when/where etc

Don't--

*I agree with the Abbie thing. She's an FBI agent, and fair enough she has a private life, she needs to be a little less 'Weeee!' IMO
*I like Druitt, he's a great character, but the angst is so much! I think he needs to apologise and make ammends so that him and Helen's relationship is more light hearted- like it was in Vigilante (when Helen and John fell into that pit :D)
*No more Kate backstory, we've seen enough, especially since Awakening when it was just sort of a filler story.

I think that's about it....:)

lastrequest
August 16th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I love the standalone eps too! I think some of them add a lot of humour to the show :)

A nubbin sequel could be funny ;) *yes, with Niko around* - although that said I don't think Nikola needs any influence to want to... ravish Helen :p

lastrequest
August 18th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I have another want for S4 and I know it's not likely to be fulfilled... and also this might confuse you if you don't hang out in the JY appreciation thread :lol:

But I REALLY want to see Tesla playing the piano. And if Helen were there it would be cool too :p

:samanime51:

monalisacode
August 21st, 2011, 03:39 AM
have another want for S4 and I know it's not likely to be fulfilled... and also this might confuse you if you don't hang out in the JY appreciation thread

But I REALLY want to see Tesla playing the piano. And if Helen were there it would be cool too

As a Tesla fan, seconded.

Want to see:

- A small group of Hollow Earth survivors including Gregory Magnus and possibly Ranna
- The Five banter and relationships (their past, how they met each other)
- Tesla/Adam banter (2 extremely charming and witty guys with so much in common: world domination ideas, secret agendas, brilliant genius)
- Teryl Rothery, JR Bourne, Richard Dean Anderson, Christopher Judge and other stargate actors and actresses
- Tesla/Helen relationship on the next level (kiss?)
- As if this hasn't been said enough, MORE and MORE Tesla
- Vampires
- Erica the werewolf

Sorry if some of the ideas were recycled.

Himisoara
August 21st, 2011, 11:08 AM
Things I DO want so see.

1.More John/Helen relationship
2.Teslaaaaa :)
3.Moree Kate
4.About The Five
5.About the Helen's mom

Things i DON'T want to see

1.Killing John or Helen
2.Will get into something like in the Metamorphosis

Trynki
August 21st, 2011, 11:17 AM
Don't:
- Kate or Biggie getting killed by the abnormals in the camp.

Do:
- More scenes with Kate and Henry.
- More funny episodes such as Hangover
- More Tesla
- More cute abnormals, such as the Nubbins

Dinoman
August 26th, 2011, 02:11 AM
- Teryl Rothery, JR Bourne, Richard Dean Anderson, Christopher Judge and other stargate actors and actresses

- I don't mind bring back Michael Shank again in another character. Let's make a stargate reunion episode!

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!

MasySyma
August 28th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Do Katie/Biggie ship (if inter-team shipping has to happen)
Do More Helen anyone-but-Will episodes
Do More pacing of arc and one offs.
Do Have more Tesla/Druitt/Declan

Don't let Abby onscreen ever again (although it will probably happen)
Don't let Will dominate when he has nothing to add to the scene
Don't have absurd date episodes for anyone
Don't write an episode for a piece of tech: subs, helicopters, etc.

selene0789
August 29th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Hmmm.... 5 do's and 5 don'ts-- I can do this!

DO: More of the Five-- all together

DO: History eps where we meet more historical figures/see more famous events

DO: Love interest(s) for Magnus. Male or Female, I'm not picky. If Will gets lame-@$$ Abby, then Magnus deserves someone too.

DO: More character depth for all

DO: A Kate/Helen arc, where they have to work together. Broken Arrow doesn't count. They should also do something with the fact that Kate has proven herself, whereas Kate barely has any reason to see Magnus as anything other than Miss Moneybags. I think it'd be cool to see Kate be honestly, openly impressed with Magnus' BAMF-ness.

---

DONT: Do clips shows or filler eps like "Date Night" and "Wingmen". I feel bad that AT got "Date Night" to direct, because the plot was crap, and the dialogue was worse. Though, on that note, the badness gave me ample opportunity to notice the cool camera shots :D

DONT: Let Abby deteriorate any further. She had such potential when she started, but now she's been downgraded to fluff on the side. Maybe we could turn her into a baddie. That build some character right quick.

DONT: Let Worth stay alive much longer. The dude needs to die in the Season 4 premiere, and Helen needs to do it-- deliberately and for real, this time.

DONT: Let the fourth season super secret episode (I don't know how to use the spoiler feature, so I won't say it here. You know what I'm talking about, if you know what I'm talking about) jump the shark. Please oh please oh please oh please....

DONT: Have the fourth season be the final season. More please!!!

lastrequest
September 19th, 2011, 11:35 AM
As a Tesla fan, seconded.

Want to see:
- Tesla/Helen relationship on the next level (kiss?)

:D :D :D

- Erica the werewolf

I felt quite sorry for Henry when Erica left :( I'm not sure we'll see her again... but then I'm a little bit of a Henry/Kate shipper so that wouldn't bother me too much :p

Things I DO want so see.

1.More John/Helen relationship
2.Teslaaaaa :)
3.Moree Kate
4.About The Five
5.About the Helen's mom

Things i DON'T want to see

1.Killing John or Helen
2.Will get into something like in the Metamorphosis
Yay for the bolded :D

I quite liked Metamorphosis :)

Don't:
- Kate or Biggie getting killed by the abnormals in the camp.

Do:
- More scenes with Kate and Henry.
- More funny episodes such as Hangover
- More Tesla
- More cute abnormals, such as the Nubbins
Agree with all :)

- I don't mind bring back Michael Shank again in another character. Let's make a stargate reunion episode!

:lol:

Do Katie/Biggie ship (if inter-team shipping has to happen)
Do More Helen anyone-but-Will episodes
Do More pacing of arc and one offs.
Do Have more Tesla/Druitt/Declan

Don't let Abby onscreen ever again (although it will probably happen)
Don't let Will dominate when he has nothing to add to the scene
Don't have absurd date episodes for anyone
Don't write an episode for a piece of tech: subs, helicopters, etc.
Lol at Kate/Biggie ship :p I'm not sure how that would work!
Re: Abby
I'm pretty sure she's got a more prominent role in S4 from the snippets I've read / heard...
I quite like the tech eps though... I like the humour that whenever Helen's in a sub / helicopter / on a ship etc. it goes down!! :lol:
I also like that the close quarters force her and another character together as well. She can't just walk off if there's something she doesn't want to confront / discuss.

Hmmm.... 5 do's and 5 don'ts-- I can do this!

DO: More of the Five-- all together
DO: History eps where we meet more historical figures/see more famous events
DO: Love interest(s) for Magnus. Male or Female, I'm not picky. If Will gets lame-@$$ Abby, then Magnus deserves someone too.
DO: More character depth for all
DO: A Kate/Helen arc, where they have to work together. Broken Arrow doesn't count. They should also do something with the fact that Kate has proven herself, whereas Kate barely has any reason to see Magnus as anything other than Miss Moneybags. I think it'd be cool to see Kate be honestly, openly impressed with Magnus' BAMF-ness.

What other historical figures would people like to see / famous events? This aspect does really intrigue me too :)

DONT: Let Abby deteriorate any further. She had such potential when she started, but now she's been downgraded to fluff on the side. Maybe we could turn her into a baddie. That build some character right quick.

I think it would be interesting if Abby turned out to be a baddie. Although I'd feel a little bad for Will :p he's a little cursed with his relationships so I'm sort of expecting *something* to go wrong.

blueray
September 19th, 2011, 08:32 PM
do:

1. keep the timeline the same, pull a lost type of thing with the two going on at once (if necessary).
2. give henry more screen time! (maybe kate as well).
3. get rit of abby! (shes annoying!)
4. will go back to his pychology nerdness of earlier seasons.
5. a bit more nickola :).
6. flash back involving ashley?
7. more on henry's childhood/history (actually this is where 6 would fit in)

don't: pretty much the opposite of what i wanted.

though i do have to say:

don't continue focusing only on will and maginus, there are other characters ;).

FromOutside
September 20th, 2011, 04:30 AM
The only thing I really don't want to happen is Tesla dying :P

I'd like to see all characters written more like equals. What I mean, the series is full of brilliant minds and skilled people. This is absolutely great. What bugs me is that the characters that are not of the main cast don't really act that much. They tend to walk away from scenes or be just tapestry at the background when Helen's sanctuary goes and solves the problems. This is not good for dynamics. More focus to the other character too!

lillypilly
September 20th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Do:
- More of the Five. I can't get enough...
- Helen and Kate being total BAMFs together - or really sharing any sort of scenes/storylines, I don't think they get to do that enough!
- Mention Ashley more often. Also seeing Helen still dealing with her loss, even if just in small ways - not like she's going to be over losing her child in a year, ya know?
- More Helen/Nikola. Just... more Helen/Nikola.
- I do like Abby, but I'd love to see her more involved in a storyline as part of the plot in her own right, as opposed to... being Will's girlfriend.

Don't:
- Character deaths. D: I'm still not over Ashley and I love everyone in the main cast...
- I could do with less eps with totally separate storylines that don't interact at all - I prefer the teamy episodes where everyone is working together.
- Please no turnaround on what happened between Helen and John in Into the Black. That was a pretty big deal, and I want to see actual consequences for them/their relationship, not just falling back into their old pattern.

But I have to say, I really trust the people behind this show - I bet whatever happens in S4 I will love it!

FromOutside
September 20th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I just realized I'd love it if Will's insomnia and spotting abilities were investigated further. Or if they just played some role in 4th season.

In the first episode his insomnia seemed so important but after that he just mentioned once he was able to sleep better. With Watson he spotted things, and Watson hinted that Will had some talent he would some day be able to use. I want to see that day in 4th season :P

lastrequest
September 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM
do:

1. keep the timeline the same, pull a lost type of thing with the two going on at once (if necessary).

6&7 def. would be interesting to see.

:lol: well put!

The only thing I really don't want to happen is Tesla dying :P

Yep, no Tesla dying. I struggled enough when...
he was mortal for a while

Do:
- More of the Five. I can't get enough...
- Helen and Kate being total BAMFs together - or really sharing any sort of scenes/storylines, I don't think they get to do that enough!
- Mention Ashley more often. Also seeing Helen still dealing with her loss, even if just in small ways - not like she's going to be over losing her child in a year, ya know?
- I do like Abby, but I'd love to see her more involved in a storyline as part of the plot in her own right, as opposed to... being Will's girlfriend.

Apologies for probably being a little dim but what does BAMF stand for? :o
And I think that's a good point about Abby... perhaps we'd warm to her more if she wasn't just "Will's gf" :p

Don't:
- Please no turnaround on what happened between Helen and John in Into the Black. That was a pretty big deal, and I want to see actual consequences for them/their relationship, not just falling back into their old pattern.

But I have to say, I really trust the people behind this show - I bet whatever happens in S4 I will love it!
Yep, I totally agree with this one. I think the Helen/John development there was a big deal too - and it showed some progression on Helen's part (emotionally etc.) because lets face it, she's spent over a century feeling somewhat messed up by that ordeal / relationship. Let the woman move on please PTB!! :)

I just realized I'd love it if Will's insomnia and spotting abilities were investigated further. Or if they just played some role in 4th season.

In the first episode his insomnia seemed so important but after that he just mentioned once he was able to sleep better. With Watson he spotted things, and Watson hinted that Will had some talent he would some day be able to use. I want to see that day in 4th season :P
I wondered about the insomnia too... although it was sort of implied Helen didn't sleep much either. So maybe it's just not mentioned again because it's less of an issue for him now either because:
1) he's kept busy with his role at the Sanctuary or
2) he maybe sleeps better because he's doing something he really believes in and getting respect for his opinions at the Sanctuary etc. so he's happier??

Dixie_Vampiress
September 20th, 2011, 12:11 PM
As long as there's plenty of Tesla awesomeness not much else matters.

(It would be nice to do away with Abby though...)

fems
September 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM

I figured his insomnia had a lot to do with his life(style) and the nightmares about his mother. Since joining the Sanctuary he has learned about the "monsters lurking in the shadows" and that he didn't imagine what happened to his mother when he was a little boy. I assume that discovering the truth about what happened to his mother would let him sleep better because he finally knows the truth. He doesn't have to lie anymore to people and his talents are recognized by the Sanctuary crew.

As for him spotting things, I believe AT and RD said (at Dragon Con) that the network suggested it but they felt it was becoming too gimmicky with the special effects lighting up on things he saw, etc.

blueray
September 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
i think that will need to use his psych thing more often this season. and there should be some explanation to how he does this.

as for the insommia could be do because he wasn't happy with his old job, but now likes his job a lot better. of course he was having issues sleeping after being dead.

lillypilly
September 20th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Apologies for probably being a little dim but what does BAMF stand for? :o

Lastrequest - BAMF stands for Bad Ass Mother **** :D Basically just a total badass.

And yeah, with Helen/John following the season finale - I'm not really sure what I want to see happen there, but I definitely want there to be some progression/change. Maybe that means they'll actually deal with their issues and get to a better place - or things will get much worse and John will go off the deep end and it will be very bad for everyone. Both options might be interesting...

FromOutside
September 21st, 2011, 02:29 AM
I figured his insomnia had a lot to do with his life(style) and the nightmares about his mother. Since joining the Sanctuary he has learned about the "monsters lurking in the shadows" and that he didn't imagine what happened to his mother when he was a little boy. I assume that discovering the truth about what happened to his mother would let him sleep better because he finally knows the truth. He doesn't have to lie anymore to people and his talents are recognized by the Sanctuary crew.

As for him spotting things, I believe AT and RD said (at Dragon Con) that the network suggested it but they felt it was becoming too gimmicky with the special effects lighting up on things he saw, etc.

I thought the same. It is just, somehow the first episode showed a a very different Will than what he turned to be and the chance happened just like that. I think Will as a character lost something when his insomnia and ex-gf disappeared practically at the moment he set his feet in Sanctuary. It would be nice to see the past catching up with him too.

And the effects, I liked them :D I liked to be able to make my own speculations, when now I just have to wait Will to draw them because there is little to no camera work that gives away the hints. I know it is a bit silly reason, but... :)

Inquisitor
September 21st, 2011, 03:31 AM
I would like to see something along the lines of Helen changes the future and Tesla's plans to dominate the world worked. She has to find a way to undo it all. That'd be a fun multiple part episode, as long as Tesla is heavily featured, of course :P

NumberSix
September 21st, 2011, 10:08 AM
do:

though i do have to say:

don't continue focusing only on will and maginus, there are other characters ;).

I'd amend #5 to A LOT more Nikola. And agree with #7. I'd also like to learn more about Henry's history. I think in some eps they've taken the focus off of Will and Magnus, and it'd be nice if they do more of that. The more fully realized the characters are (both the main characters and regularly recurring ones) the more interesting they are and the better the show can be.

FromOutside: The only thing I really don't want to happen is Tesla dying

I don't EVER want that to happen. Not for as long as the show runs in any way, shape, or format including movies after the series is done. I think that covers it. :D

lillypilly:
Don't:
- Character deaths. D: I'm still not over Ashley and I love everyone in the main cast...

I really don't want to see any of the main or recurring characters killed either. Some I'd be downright upset about, a few I wouldn't like it but I might get over it provided it was not meaningless or done just to boost ratings or because of the network's whims.

KaKaCarter
September 22nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
Do:
- More of the Five historically.
- Lexa Doig to guest star
- A Titanic episode

Don't:
- Waste time with some pointless one ep romance for Helen. (if they want a romance arc for Amanda there's Niko or even historical stuff with Watson)
- Don't make Tesla evil.
- Don't kill Tesla.
- don't do a musical episode just for the sake of it

blueray
September 22nd, 2011, 06:39 AM
Do:
- More of the Five historically.
- Lexa Doig to guest star
- A Titanic episode

Don't:
- Waste time with some pointless one ep romance for Helen. (if they want a romance arc for Amanda there's Niko or even historical stuff with Watson)
- Don't make Tesla evil.
- Don't kill Tesla.
- don't do a musical episode just for the sake of it

when if first heard this (i think it was a comicon video) i was hoping they were joking. but now i'm not so sure :(.

selene0789
September 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
Lastrequest - BAMF stands for Bad Ass Mother **** :D Basically just a total badass.

This might be totally random, but I just thought about how cool it would be if we got to see Magnus say "mother f******" on TV. Even if it was a "Mother ---" cutaway before she actually swears, I think it would be totally hilarious and would totally fly in a fluffy episode like Hangover. With that accent... ho-yeah.

and I might have said this already, but I would love to see Kate witness Magnus' BAMFness first hand. I mean, so far we as an audience have seen Magnus go all BA on someone (Breach, Pavor Nocturnus, etc), but I don't Kate fully realizes yet the epic-ness of who Helen Magnus is.

I'm sure she respects Magnus just fine, and certainly as mentor-type figure, but I think in large part Magnus is simply Miss Money-bags, and the woman with all the power. If Kate ever fully realized how Magnus amassed the respect and power in the first place, it would add another layer to their relationship to make it even more solid, and help Kate fit into the Sanctuary mold even further.

selene0789
September 22nd, 2011, 10:37 PM
when if first heard this (i think it was a comicon video) i was hoping they were joking. but now i'm not so sure :(.

Musical episode!

Now, when I first heard about it, I had the same reaction as you. I was like, here's the show, there's the shark, and ho boy, it's jumped. But the more I hear about it, and the more I see the actors get excited about it, I find myself becoming intrigued. And at this point I'm simply curious to see how they're going to try to pull it off. I do think it will be better than most shows (as some use dubbing, or refuse to use original music, or it seems totally forced). But at the same time, I'm kinda like... Ho boy. I'm nervous for them!

If anything, I take it as a good sign that they feel comfortable enough with their show to feel like they could play around and do the musical episode. It certainly bodes well for my view of things-- a musical episode implies that ratings are high enough that they'll succeed in the season even if the episode itself sucks, and there'll be more episodes.

So, in conclusion, where at first this musical idea straddled the "do/don't want to see in season 4" line, I have to admit that I DO want to see it in S4, if only to see how they're going to pull it off :)

blueray
September 23rd, 2011, 06:25 AM
yeah, i'm worried about if they are going to be able to pull it off. if they do it'll be good, but if not it'll suck.

fems
September 23rd, 2011, 06:51 AM
On one hand I hope they don't autotune it to death, making it sound like it's actually someone else singing the song, but on the other hand I hope their 'singing' doesn't damage my hearing :P

selene0789
September 23rd, 2011, 08:21 AM
On one hand I hope they don't autotune it to death, making it sound like it's actually someone else singing the song, but on the other hand I hope their 'singing' doesn't damage my hearing :P

Okay this might seem off topic, but this convo is reminding me of Mamma Mia, with Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan... and a lot of people slammed it because Pierce Brosnan and some of the other singers sounded "off"/"not quite in tune" but to me that kinda made it better for me. Because it was refreshing to see people *actually* singing, and it reminded me of going to see a show on a stage, rather than sitting in a movie theatre.

So even if they sound a little off, I think it'd sound better than if they sound totally horribly fake. But I'm hoping it won't come to that, because they seemed so proud that they didn't need any voice overs or dubbing for the songs. And I know for a fact that some of the actors on the show do sing in RL :)

Dixie_Vampiress
September 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I ain't looking forward to the musical episode. I was actually rather horrified when I heard it was happening. I fully expect it to be incredibly awkward and just... bad. I REALLY hope they surprise me.

fems
September 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM
And I know for a fact that some of the actors on the show do sing in RL :)

Yeah, but I'm not a fan of Abby, whether she sings or not :P

But I liked the Grey's Anatomy musical ep too, so I hope this one won't be bad either. Although I'm still not happy about Abby having a big role, unless of course it's the last we see of her :)

FromOutside
September 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
I haven't heard a thing about the musical episode before reading this thread so... But I have to say, I have liked many musical eps I have watched. It is a different way to tell the story, and even remotely decent musical ep has so many interesting ways to interpret what actually happened when we saw the characters singing :P

I like the thought. I just hope the ep won't be a pointless filler. 13 episode season doesn't have enough time to do pointless, not even incredibly amusing pointless :)

jckfan55
September 24th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I ain't looking forward to the musical episode. I was actually rather horrified when I heard it was happening. I fully expect it to be incredibly awkward and just... bad. I REALLY hope they surprise me.
me too...

selene0789
September 24th, 2011, 04:52 PM
I haven't heard a thing about the musical episode before reading this thread so... But I have to say, I have liked many musical eps I have watched. It is a different way to tell the story, and even remotely decent musical ep has so many interesting ways to interpret what actually happened when we saw the characters singing :P

I like the thought. I just hope the ep won't be a pointless filler. 13 episode season doesn't have enough time to do pointless, not even incredibly amusing pointless :)

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry if we spoiled it for you! I thought everyone in the fandom had heard about it by now. I know I hate to be spoiled, so I'm sorry if we ruined it for you.

And I agree about the pointless filler eps. For me, the only pointless filler eps are clips shows (I hate that Sanctuary did one in their first 20 episode season-- such a waste). One Night may be pointless filler in some people's books, but I don't count it as such. It was just a bad episode (though the camera shots were cool, but that's another story).

But yeah, even if the musical is terrible, at least they TRIED. Clips shows don't try-- they just suck. Majorly. A clips show is a cop out, straight up.

FromOutside
September 25th, 2011, 11:21 AM
selene0789, no problem :) if I was afraid of spoilers (or "spoilers", knowing something about storytelling style hardly is a real spoiler) I wouldn't be reading these :P

Clip shows! A clip show is another thing I really don't want to see in s4!

FromOutside
October 1st, 2011, 06:04 AM
One thing more I'd love to see: the humans in Sanctuary facing the 'unexpected gifts and curses' that come with the job, and I mean permanently. Will has surely seen a lot of gifts that come with curses, like the makri, but non of them very permanent.

selene0789
October 1st, 2011, 11:02 AM
One thing more I'd love to see: the humans in Sanctuary facing the 'unexpected gifts and curses' that come with the job, and I mean permanently. Will has surely seen a lot of gifts that come with curses, like the makri, but non of them very permanent.

What kind of gifts and curses do you think that might entail? I mean, there's the obvious route of giving someone a prominent scar, but the big "gift/curse" in the webisodes was Helen's longevity, but they changed that story around a bit, so that's such an issue anymore...

Do you have anything specific in mind? I'm curious... And it's an intriguing idea ;)

FromOutside
October 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM
What kind of gifts and curses do you think that might entail? I mean, there's the obvious route of giving someone a prominent scar, but the big "gift/curse" in the webisodes was Helen's longevity, but they changed that story around a bit, so that's such an issue anymore...

Do you have anything specific in mind? I'm curious... And it's an intriguing idea ;)

I have no idea :3

Or, actually, I have one. I'd love to see Will actually gaining something, maybe following James' footsteps of noticing stuff. And I'd love to see Helen's true gift revealed. (In The Five John said to Ashley that Helen's gift was the most elegant. Longevity might be elegant, sure, but if you compare it to, say, Nikola's relative immortality, it kind of sucks. Specially when you take account that everyone but Nigel lived to see the the 21th century, and Helen's father did too. I don't believe for a second that Helen's true gift was that she'd age slowly. I am still waiting for big revelations :P)

selene0789
October 1st, 2011, 12:51 PM

Or, actually, I have one. I'd love to see Will actually gaining something, maybe following James' footsteps of noticing stuff. And I'd love to see Helen's true gift revealed. (In The Five John said to Ashley that Helen's gift was the most elegant. Longevity might be elegant, sure, but if you compare it to, say, Nikola's relative immortality, it kind of sucks. Specially when you take account that everyone but Nigel lived to see the the 21th century, and Helen's father did too. I don't believe for a second that Helen's true gift was that she'd age slowly. I am still waiting for big revelations :P)

Oh boy. I can see that going down real well with Will. Remember how he got about Worth, with the whole "I had one condition when I signed on here: No Secrets-- blah blah blah, this is all about me" (the last part wasn't actually said, I know, but it's what I was thinking at the time :D) Anywho, I can totally see him wigging out when Magnus goes "Oh yeah, by the way, the longevity is only half of what the Source Blood changed about me..." Hahahah! I should write a crack!fic about it. Or you should.

What would you want Magnus' gift to be, if there is something more to her longevity?

FromOutside
October 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Oh boy. I can see that going down real well with Will. Remember how he got about Worth, with the whole "I had one condition when I signed on here: No Secrets-- blah blah blah, this is all about me" (the last part wasn't actually said, I know, but it's what I was thinking at the time :D) Anywho, I can totally see him wigging out when Magnus goes "Oh yeah, by the way, the longevity is only half of what the Source Blood changed about me..." Hahahah! I should write a crack!fic about it. Or you should.

What would you want Magnus' gift to be, if there is something more to her longevity?

The bolded part made me giggle :D

Again, I have no idea of what Magnus' gift would be :3 If the question was asked in some exam, I'd go something to do with relative immortality/hard to kill. It seems to be something common for the five and after all her job is dangerous. For example, when she was infected with a parasite in a submarine and went slightly crazy, and when

Will killed her

I was waiting her true gift to be revealed :)

Fanfic... I have more than enough plot bunnies harassing me at the moment :D (I am translating a fic to English at the moment), so if you have an idea, please go ahead and link the final version to me :D

Altariel
October 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM

Random question, but Helen does age slowly? I always assumed she is immortal, so that she is not aging at all. So what does aging slowly mean? 1 Year all 10 years?

And I think too that she should have another gift, that is something they could introduce in season 4.
Was it mentioned in the series that she aged somewhat after she was injected the source blood?

selene0789
October 1st, 2011, 02:05 PM
The bolded part made me giggle :D

Again, I have no idea of what Magnus' gift would be :3 If the question was asked in some exam, I'd go something to do with relative immortality/hard to kill. It seems to be something common for the five and after all her job is dangerous. For example, when she was infected with a parasite in a submarine and went slightly crazy, and when

Will killed her

I was waiting her true gift to be revealed :)

Fanfic... I have more than enough plot bunnies harassing me at the moment :D (I am translating a fic to English at the moment), so if you have an idea, please go ahead and link the final version to me :D

I'll write it! I just need a "power" for Magnus. Oh man! I got it! Hahahah! I'll send it to you when I've got it done, for sure! Heheheh... this is gonna be good!

FromOutside
October 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Random question, but Helen does age slowly? I always assumed she is immortal, so that she is not aging at all. So what does aging slowly mean? 1 Year all 10 years?

And I think too that she should have another gift, that is something they could introduce in season 4.
Was it mentioned in the series that she aged somewhat after she was injected the source blood?

No, it wasn't mentioned that Helen aged after injecting the blood. I just assumed that her longevity means she'd age slower but age anyway :) In the flashbacks of The Five she does look younger but, then, so does Nikola. Maybe it is just life that seems to have aged them. I wouldn't be surprised.

selene0789, please do :D I can't wait :D

Mackandal
October 1st, 2011, 03:42 PM
Helen`s gift being longevity is pretty lame tbh. In "Revelations II" her power seemed to be "being Gregory`s daughter" (which she reminded us of every 5 seconds). Maybe the writers don`t want to create a deus ex machina by giving the main character a useful superpower. But it`s kind of unfair especially when someone like Nikola has 6 different powers. (magnetism, electricty, regeneration, heightened senses, claws/fangs and increased physical capabilites.)

selene0789
October 1st, 2011, 06:19 PM
I agree with Mackandal, a little bit. In comparison to the others, what does Magnus offer the Five? But then of course, because I can't help it, I kept thinking about it...

What *does* Magnus offer the Five? Watson's observations are keener, and the rest have offensive/active powers. And yet Magnus assumes the leadership position of the Five, for seemingly no apparent reason.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that Magnus' "gift" was appropriate. She's not overbearing in her physical presence, and it seems her greatest is her charisma. People are drawn to her, and not just for her physical beauty, but her intellect and fearless quest for greater knowledge of the world, especially at the disregard of her own social standing.

That part of her isn't something we see a great deal of, nowadays, because she's seen so much that very little of it is new anymore. We saw a glimpse of it when they went to Hollow Earth, but beyond that, it's been reserved for tiny snippets of flashback episodes.

Personally, I like that Magnus isn't a superhero, per se. That would make it too easy, I think, and paired with her longevity, it might've made her too... detached, I guess from the rest of the world. Instead I think it leaves her with a grounded persona that's stable and rational (sometimes to an extreme extent) and is altogether a character completely enigmatic.

But that's just my two cents :)

But adding something like regeneration would be an interesting plot twist. Cuz that would mess with her headspace, too, cuz then that would mean she pretty much would never be able to die, and after Ashley, I think she very much considers death as a sort of relief. She wouldn't seek it out, or cause her own death, but I think she might welcome it when it did come.

Mackandal
October 1st, 2011, 07:28 PM
Yeah, that`s the great thing about Magnus; she`s respected by nearly everyone without needing the ability to threaten them with psychic flame vision or something extreme. And even Tesla, Mr. I`m-too-good-for-humanity, worships the ground she walks on.

Mackandal
October 1st, 2011, 08:00 PM
1.More Tesla, which almost goes without saying. But also more historial Tesla, because the real man was awesome too.
2.More revisionist history episodes, but not another WWII ep.
3.More Nigel, because I feel sorry for the guy when people talk about the Five and then add him in as an afterthought. And because he`s probably the most "normal" of the 5.
4.The rumour of Henry and Erika having a pup to be true.
5.Kate/Garis (Gate?) relationship.

1.Druitt whining.
2.Druitt being emo.
3.Druitt with Magnus.
4.Kate disappearing off the face of the Earth.
5.Will being annoying. (To do this they`ll probably need to kill him off.)
No offense John or Will fans.

fems
October 2nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
Longevity implies a long life but it doesn't mean Magnus is immortal. Therefore, aging slowly would be a very "elegant" gift as John once put it. If Magnus was immortal she wouldn't need to train an apprentice for when she's no longer capable of leading the Sanctuary (network).

I agree though that it seems the lesser power compared to Nigel, James, Nikola and John. Especially when you take in account they were all (well, 4/5) still alive when they needed to get the source blood. Will even asked Magnus if her power was to show up after 135 years and she replied with "I'd like to see you do it". But everyone except Nigel was still alive after 135 years so it's not really that hard, apparently.*

We also know she can die after teleporting with Adam (Breach) and she can also be killed (Requiem). Both of those events kind of make me wonder why she'd go through all the trouble of finding the Mayan virus to die in a normal lifespan (Pavor Nocturnus)...

So apparently she ages very slowly, which would also be a better option than not aging at all considering this is a TV show and the actors will age... Still, I too hope there's something else she has up her sleeve. Because as has been mentioned before, right now it seems her only power is longevity and knowing her father very well. If she'd died and Ashley had to take over at that point they'd never be able to retrieve the blood simply because Ashley, unlike Clara, wouldn't be able to step in for Magnus.

Another thing that's strange is that they had so much trouble throughout the show to unravel the mysteries Gregory left behind, while he'd been a mere mortal without any superpowers and The Five were all so very smart and ahead of their time... So I hope there will be a bit more about their past as well. I'd also really like to know what exactly brought the five of them together, since their scientific specialties don't seem to have any overlap at all and yet they were all working together. Nigel for example didn't seem to know anything about the weather machine and he's hardly ever been mentioned to Will and the rest, while John, Nikola and James all have done something extraordinary throughout history.

* I do believe, however, that Magnus had something to do with their extended lifespan. In the pilot John wanted her blood to prevent him from dying and when she'd tricked him he 'warned' her the others would come. So far everything I've read suggests he thought The Five would avenge his death or something, but I can't help but wonder if he meant the rest would come for their 'fix'. Nikola wouldn't, of course, since he's immortal but Nigel seemed to be the same age during WWII and I doubt James' suit helped him stay alive that long because when it failed he only looked about 80/90 years old.

Altariel
October 2nd, 2011, 05:12 AM
Yes, that all makes sense, I just wonder at what rate she ages, if she ages slowly and when she expects Will to take over the network when she is no longer cabable. I mean how old is Will? 30? This time or perhaps 10 years later, when he is 40, would be the perfect time for him to take over but I can´t see Magnus not being able to handle the job in 10 years. Same in 20 or 30 years. I don´t think her aging process in 30 years will be so "fatal" that she is not longer capable to handle the job.
When did they made the experiment? When she was 30 so that are 130 years since then and if she aged then apparently not very much, so she ages 1 year every 50 years?

I prefer the idea of her being immortal, also not aging at all. It´s more dramatic. And that doesn´t mean that she is not able to die by accident, just not a natural death.

fems
October 2nd, 2011, 05:59 AM
Perhaps she'll still be physically able but mentally? It might be that in a few decades she feels she's had enough and can leave her Sanctuary network in her apprentice's safe hands. Although I doubt she'd be able to stop working at the Sanctuary, with abnormals or just science in general, considering she only takes a vacation every seven years and would probably be bored out of her skull within a week but it is still possible. Or at least something she considers for the future, a contingency plan if you will.

selene0789
October 2nd, 2011, 10:01 AM
Perhaps she'll still be physically able but mentally? It might be that in a few decades she feels she's had enough and can leave her Sanctuary network in her apprentice's safe hands. Although I doubt she'd be able to stop working at the Sanctuary, with abnormals or just science in general, considering she only takes a vacation every seven years and would probably be bored out of her skull within a week but it is still possible. Or at least something she considers for the future, a contingency plan if you will.

Contingency plan. Most definitely. I think it's a "just in case" thing, you know? Cuz she's had protegees before, but she's remained in charge anyway...

One of the things I'm actually kind of hoping to see in Season 4 is Will having to assume leadership on a what he considers to be undetermined duration. With Magnus... where she is at the end of last season, he'll have to take her place, and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure. Cuz so far his stints as Head of House has been on a temporary basis, with the certain knowledge it's only til Magnus gets back. But what if he doesn't have that reassurance? What if he has to go on with business as usual, with the knowledge that Magnus may never be coming back?

blueray
October 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM
\

One of the things I'm actually kind of hoping to see in Season 4 is Will having to assume leadership on a what he considers to be undetermined duration. With Magnus... where she is at the end of last season, he'll have to take her place, and I think it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure. Cuz so far his stints as Head of House has been on a temporary basis, with the certain knowledge it's only til Magnus gets back. But what if he doesn't have that reassurance? What if he has to go on with business as usual, with the knowledge that Magnus may never be coming back?

i'll be interested in that too. i imagine he'll have to take over right away since helen is missing. i imagine we'll see this, since they are also in the middle of a crisis with the hollow earth people.

selene0789
October 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Okay, folks. Particularly FromOutside... Here it is!

I wrote the crack!fic about 'what if Magnus had another ability'. It's posted on sanctuaryfiction.net, and will soon be up on fanfiction.net as well.

Here's a link: http://sanctuaryfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=1058

It's called "Leverage". Lemme know what you all think! ;)

NumberSix
October 3rd, 2011, 09:34 AM
Poor Will is gonna have his hands full. Just remembering that other time Helen was gone and when she came back he said, "Your job is hard." Somehow though I think he'll do okay, perhaps with a little help. ;)

Milui Elenath
October 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Do want to see more

of Will's character develop and regain his purpose/intelligence.

More John/Helen but I would like to see John Druitt distance himself from Helen emotionally as a result of Into the black. Even if John disappeared for a while till he is needed. I want the John/Helen relationship to move forward or change but not for the worse.

More team player episodes.

More Henry and occasionally more Declan

More abnormals that aren't just creatures/bugs and more of the Sanctuary and it's sanctuary areas.

Helen but of course that goes without saying.

Don't want to see
Tesla with Helen (flirting is fine but no serious relationship) or Will with Helen just absolutely no.

Anymore military / sanctuary jurisdiction conflict. I really hope Magnus does make her own rules.

No more superhero suits ;)

selene0789
October 8th, 2011, 09:19 AM
"Tempus" was everything I wanted to see. Utter brilliance! I loved it!

More episodes like this, please!

lookupwardsnshare
October 8th, 2011, 12:54 PM
"Tempus" was everything I wanted to see. Utter brilliance! I loved it!

More episodes like this, please!

I second that!!!

Steff
October 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Do want to see more

of Will's character develop and regain his purpose/intelligence.

That is one of my biggest "wants". To see more of Will and less of Robin. Sometimes I feel like Helen is having to babysit him instead of him becoming the work professional Helen needs. grrrrr

kes
October 9th, 2011, 04:19 AM
I keep thinking about this:
With the show already in S04 I really want an ep where we see The Five meet.
They've proven they can do an ep that takes place in the past and is still pretty interesting. Normandy and Tempus are in the top 5 best eps. Just one more lol

And hell, they can just flashback to when the characters meet.

selene0789
October 9th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Oooh, good idea, kes! I wanna see that too!

blueray
October 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
that would be interesting or what happened right after they took the source blood. seeing as none of them knew what would happen. i suppose all of that could be one ep ;).

fems
October 12th, 2011, 01:30 PM
It makes me wonder when they realized what Magnus' gift was... it's not something you'll notice right away I imagine, unlike the rest (perhaps with the exception of Watson)...

atlantis_babe34
October 12th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Don't Want:

Whiny, shallow Will. i'm sick of his character not really having any depth, he has the potential to be an interesting and deep character i wish they could explore him more.

Do Want:

*Agreeing with Kes* how the Five met, I honeslty think Helen knew James before Oxford, so i would love to see if that would be true.

doubtful its going to happen but i would love to see a backstory on John, his struggle between maintaining his sanity and giving into it when he discovers he can *zort* to differnent places, how he managed to turn his best friend in circles over criems he commited and the struggle with that, The struggle between him wanting to be with Helen and wanting to kill her etc etc... I think it would develop his chracter better as well

blueray
October 13th, 2011, 01:35 PM
It makes me wonder when they realized what Magnus' gift was... it's not something you'll notice right away I imagine, unlike the rest (perhaps with the exception of Watson)...

yeah, those two wouldn't be obvious. i imagine nikola was the most noticeable :p

Steff
October 13th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Do want.

More John and Tesla. And of course Helen

Why not use your strongest Actors more? More Please.

Skydiver
October 13th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I'd love to see a 'kids at home' episode. Henry and co handling something while Helen is away.

selene0789
October 13th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I'd love to see a 'kids at home' episode. Henry and co handling something while Helen is away.

We saw that one already :) In Hangover. It didn't end well! Hee hee! JK. I know what you mean. And I agree!

SidhexUnderhill
October 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Do:
More Helen/Nikola interactions
More John/Nikola snark battles
Henry/Helen interactions outside of employer/employee relationship (They've known each other since Henry was a child, they can't have always been like this) and more Henry-centric episodes
More backstory on the Five starting before Oxford and continuing on from there
More Nikola

Don't:
More episodes where Will and Helen are trapped somewhere together alone (eg. Requiem and Next Tuesday)
Kill, then revive characters so often; either kill them and let them stay dead or don't kill them at all
Ever kill Helen, Henry, Nikola, John, or Biggie
Less guns and modern weaponry (there has to be an abnormal that would be impervious to bullets and wouldn't it be amazing to see Helen wield a sword?)
Less John/Helen romance (if he can't see that she doesn't want him anymore, then he's an idiot)

Inquisitor
October 16th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Less John/Helen romance (if he can't see that she doesn't want him anymore, then he's an idiot)

Except she does. Deep down (Haunted 0211).

wurlitzer153
October 19th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I want them to sing a fugue in Fugue!

:P That would be awesome! :D

Booklover
October 21st, 2011, 05:05 PM
Do want:

More of Tesla. Maybe some more backstories with Helen & Tesla.
More of Declan -- not just the little bit we saw of him last week.

Don't want:

I never want to see Abby again -- ever.

MasySyma
November 6th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Do:
More Druitt. Where is he already? He was near death and now he appears to be off getting a tan somewhere.
More Tesla. Seriously. He adds a very necessary comedic element that none of the other characters can pull off.
Make Will act like an adult. I've finally enjoyed his presence for the first time in 4 years.

Don't:
Keep stressing the werewolf baby. Enough shows are using that plot right now.
Keep up the criptic Helen. Either she trusts her people or she doesn't. I don't mind the sanctuary against the world stuff. I just don't want inner team issues.
Don't kill off Druitt, Tesla, or Declan. I watch for them more than the others if I am honest.

Celandine
November 8th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Do:
- More stand alone episodes.
- Less Abby
- More explosions (ie Monsoon style)
- More Tesla, Biggie and John
- Better, creative Abnormals
- Less Will/Abby love scenes that make them looked like teenagers rather than adults.
- Get Will back to his Psychology background. He's strayed so far.

Steff
November 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Do:
- More stand alone episodes.
- Less Abby
- More explosions (ie Monsoon style)
- More Tesla, Biggie and John
- Better, creative Abnormals
- Less Will/Abby love scenes that make them looked like teenagers rather than adults.
- Get Will back to his Psychology background. He's strayed so far.

Ditto, ditto, ditto on every one of your bullet points... You looking in my brain? More Dittos!!!!!

I love 'splosions. :D

Belladonna
November 12th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Do:
More of The Five interacting, especially any scenes taking place back in the Victorian era
More John/Helen romance/angst -- where the heck is he?
More Nikola/Helen. They're so much fun when they flirt
More Nikola/Henry interactions. They play so well off one another
More Declan interacting with Helen, Will and Henry
More Biggie. He's hilarious
Have abnormals that aren't so human looking
Do show that there are some changes that occurred due to Helen's going back in time. [not including the battle going on due to the Hollow Earth abnormals coming up]. It would be more unpredictable if Helen's trip back had resulted in other few changes in the timeline
Do show Peter Wingfield doing a sword fight scene [pretty please?!] ala Highlander. The man is a certified swordsman why not use that talent? Plus Helen would rock a sword fight too.

Don't:
Anymore Will and Helen trapped alone scenes. There's been one every season now. Getting predictable.
Ever kill Helen, John, Nikola, Henry, or Biggie. Still pissed about Ashley's death and Kate's disappearing into Hollow Earth
Show any more Will & Abby making out. Been there, done that
Spend a lot of time stressing war and military themes. I prefered it when the Sanctuary was a secretive world that only a few select knew about per Season 1

kv0921
November 18th, 2011, 06:22 AM
Do
- More Helen/John Scenes
- More Helen/Charlotte
- More of the Backstory of why some of the characters are like they are!
- More about Nigel
- More of the Mother/Son Type Relationship Thing between Helen/Henry

DONT!
- No more Abby/Will Childish Sexual Meetings Makes em look like children
- Less of the Helen/Tesla Flirting It gets old after awhile
- Have Helen be the strong woman all the time, make her more vulnerable like she was in veritas (sp)
- LESS ABBY (as much as I think Pascale is beautiful, I dont like Abby)
- Boost Nikolas ever growing ego to a Rodney Mckay point please *begs*