Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My replica/cast from screen used Wraith Stunner

Hey all,
    Not sure if I posed this before but heres some pics of the casts from my screen used pieces. Will be trying on others to match the more grey base coat. Hope ya like

looks awesome

Comment

Did you have any issues with your mold material trying to stick to the paint on the original?

Comment

Those look really cool!
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone.

I did indeed have problems Jian. Alot of paint on my original came off even with alot of mold release and wax etc. Thats one of the risks with molding anything screen used is that you may damage your original. Have 2 more cast up that I have to test out different colours. Ori helmet is in the mold as we speak too

Comment

What did you use to make a mould?

Comment

Originally posted by kwalsh000 View Post
              Thanks everyone.

I did indeed have problems Jian. Alot of paint on my original came off even with alot of mold release and wax etc. Thats one of the risks with molding anything screen used is that you may damage your original. Have 2 more cast up that I have to test out different colours. Ori helmet is in the mold as we speak too
              I have some control crystals and some replicator pieces I'm going to make copies of. I think the control crystals should be okay because all the details are either etched in or on a vinyl sticker, but I expect the paint will probably come off the replicator pieces. I think might just use the original replicator piece as a reference and make a copy out of paper clay and do a casting of it. That dosen't really work for something as complex as the wraith stunner though.

Comment

The crystals should be fine if they are smooth. Standard RTV silicone is what i used for the mold but the paint wasnt the best on the piece which didnt help and due to it being a foam piece the paint didnt seem to be adhered all that well either so the silicone just took off the chunks that were already loose. Still it is always a risk with screen used props if molding them,

Comment

I'm planning on using RTV silicone also, both because I love the stuff and because I bought a gallon for a project the I ended up changing materials on and now I need to use it before it goes bad.

Did you retouch the paint job on the original to fix what got pulled off by the mold?

Comment

Nah I left the original as is (no intention of selling at any stage so doesnt bother me that much ) and due to the paint being flakey it would require a complete strip and repaint to look right.

Comment

Someone wanted to see a silver one so thought i would paint one up. From left to right the first 2 need touch ups before sealing the paint, and last 2 are still WIP's

Comment

They look awesome. I wish I had the time/talent to make something like that.
                        sigpic

Comment

I will be making the custom human holsters and also helping with USA sales so save on shipping costs... More to come!
                          www.stitchsloft.com
                          For your out of this world prop and costume needs

sigpic
                          "THAT'S... Lt. Col, Errand Boy to you..." Lt. Col John Sheppard
                          www.scifihero.net

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                            I will be making the custom human holsters and also helping with USA sales so save on shipping costs... More to come!
                            Now, there's something I'd be interested in... of course, also in acquiring an actual Wraith stunner.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Cool u should try and make the replicators ancient gun next those always look cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X